Sign in to follow this  
League Champion

Kansas City Chiefs Fan vs The Woke Mob

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Your article accidentally skipped a sentence in it's unbiased reporting:

https://x.com/ProfBlackistone/status/1730279222566916272?s=20

Individuals are free to do what they want, but that does not mean it is their official position, which is to not dress like that, which makes sense as an official position.  I think it is a stretch to say they are against what the kid did.  It seems more like they are staying out of it.  But that's just my read.

The fact that they used the phrase “cultural appropriation” should instruct us that they are clearly against what the kid did. Not a stretch at all IMO. 

If a group of 500 Irish people from south buffalo got mad over the celtics mascot, would it be a story?  Would anyone back them?  

Its cultural appropriation if a white girl wheres braids.  If a black girl straightens her hair, it is not.  

Rules are funny.  

9 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

This is terrible science; I can't believe it was published. 

“The ROGD hypothesis suggests that transgender and gender diverse identities that become clear after puberty don’t last beyond one’s adolescent years,” said lead study author Dr. Jack Turban, Director, Gender Psychiatry Program and Assistant Professor, Division of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco. “With over 40 percent of transgender and gender diverse adults reporting that they first realized that their gender identity differed from their sex assigned at birth during adolescence, that theory clearly does not hold.”

Their argument is that by looking at adults who identify as trans, and finding 40% of them felt that way as an adolescent, that ROGD doesn't hold.  Yet ROGD, by their own definition, would result in adults who do not identify as trans.  So there could be (hyperbolically) a billion adolescents who identified as trans who grew out of it by adulthood, and they would not have been involved in this study.  This is logically absurd.

Also, we've already discounted your and Squistion's insistence on using the APA, a political left group that does not itself practice, as a bad proxy for the opinions of actual psychologists.

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Its cultural appropriation if a white girl wheres braids.  If a black girl straightens her hair, it is not.  

Rules are funny.  

There is no actual racism to be found....but a couple of generations have been indoctrinated to find it...see it...everywhere....so what happens when your indoctrination runs short of material?  You make it up.....

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The fact that they used the phrase “cultural appropriation” should instruct us that they are clearly against what the kid did. Not a stretch at all IMO. 

I would say that strengthens my position, since "cultural appropriation" means that the message is for folks not of their culture.  Or are you saying the kid from their tribe whose dad is on the council is not of their culture?

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

This is terrible science; I can't believe it was published. 

Their argument is that by looking at adults who identify as trans, and finding 40% of them felt that way as an adolescent, that ROGD doesn't hold.  Yet ROGD, by their own definition, would result in adults who do not identify as trans.  So there could be (hyperbolically) a billion adolescents who identified as trans who grew out of it by adulthood, and they would not have been involved in this study.  This is logically absurd.

Also, we've already discounted your and Squistion's insistence on using the APA, a political left group that does not itself practice, as a bad proxy for the opinions of actual psychologists.

You should prepare to receive your label sir 😁

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

It is no surprise this group of Natives resides in Cali.  The home of the offended.

It’s very striking how the attitudes in this thread have changed. A couple of days ago it was argued that Native Americans didn’t care at all about stuff like this, only virtue signaling white libs like myself. Now that it turns out that some Native Americans really do find this offensive they get attacked too. 

Which leads to the question: is a desire for freedom truly at the heart of the anti-woke movement? Or is it resentment that our society is in the process of trying to move away from the white supremacy that has dominated our entire history? I strongly suspect the latter.  

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

It’s very striking how the attitudes in this thread have changed. A couple of days ago it was argued that Native Americans didn’t care at all about stuff like this, only virtue signaling white libs like myself. Now that it turns out that some Native Americans really do find this offensive they get attacked too. 

Which leads to the question: is a desire for freedom truly at the heart of the anti-woke movement? Or is it resentment that our society is in the process of trying to move away from the white supremacy that has dominated our entire history? I strongly suspect the latter.  

No one said none.  A majority do not.  None that I know care at all, and that is many.  

Exactly in my point.  If 500 irish people made a stink about irish mascots, no one would care.  

500 goofs from cali don't speak for all Native Americans.  There will always be thin skinned people who look to get offended.  

None of this was very offensive years ago.  Poof!  People became offended one day.  It wasn't organic.   

If you’re against a kid painting his face like an Indian, then you ain’t red. Come on man. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

You should prepare to receive your label sir 😁

I have no label for Jerry. I think he’s wrong to dismiss the people I linked in such a cavalier fashion. I can link dozens more if I wanted, because my main argument is that the opinion that gender dysphoria is not a choice, not something that people can be talked into, is pretty overwhelming among medical experts. 

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

No one said none.  A majority do not.  None that I know care at all, and that is many.  

Exactly in my point.  If 500 irish people made a stink about irish mascots, no one would care.  

500 goofs from cali don't speak for all Native Americans.  There will always be thin skinned people who look to get offended.  

None of this was very offensive years ago.  Poof!  People became offended one day.  It wasn't organic.   

In the 1840s and 50s, Irish immigrants certainly suffered mistreatment in our society. But it wasn’t close to the long history of Native American suffering, and the same is true for all white people in our society. White people are not and have never been victims as a race in American society unlike virtually every other race here which is not white. And that’s why nobody would care. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I have no label for Jerry. I think he’s wrong to dismiss the people I linked in such a cavalier fashion. I can link dozens more if I wanted, because my main argument is that the opinion that gender dysphoria is not a choice, not something that people can be talked into, is pretty overwhelming among medical experts. 

Not you of course, but there is no shortage of folks who resort to the ad hominem as a first-move when their ideology is challenged.  It not so different from the Muslims calling others Infidels...

A group called the Native American Guardian’s Association (NAGA) is demanding the Washington Commanders change their name back to the Redskins, organizing support for the name reversal with a petition that has gained more than 90,000 signatures.

“We invite all Americans to stand up for the dignity of EVERY AMERICAN under assault in today’s increasingly nonsensical culture wars,” the petition says.

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

In the 1840s and 50s, Irish immigrants certainly suffered mistreatment in our society. But it wasn’t close to the long history of Native American suffering, and the same is true for all white people in our society. White people are not and have never been victims as a race in American society unlike virtually every other race here which is not white. And that’s why nobody would care. 

Lol.  Rules for thee!  Spoken like a pretentious lib.  

32 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Your article accidentally skipped a sentence in it's unbiased reporting:

https://x.com/ProfBlackistone/status/1730279222566916272?s=20

Individuals are free to do what they want, but that does not mean it is their official position, which is to not dress like that, which makes sense as an official position.  I think it is a stretch to say they are against what the kid did.  It seems more like they are staying out of it.  But that's just my read.

No, that was all in the article, and we're on the same page.  The Chumash do not support this kid, but they're not specifically against him either, even though they say they are generally against this type of behavior.

19 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:
A group called the Native American Guardian’s Association (NAGA) is demanding the Washington Commanders change their name back to the Redskins, organizing support for the name reversal with a petition that has gained more than 90,000 signatures.

“We invite all Americans to stand up for the dignity of EVERY AMERICAN under assault in today’s increasingly nonsensical culture wars,” the petition says.

White liberals really need to help these folks understand how to be better victims

45 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You are conflating gender dysphoria (a true mental disorder) with social influences on LGBTQ adoption.  I have no trouble whatsoever with people with true gender dysphoria getting counseling and proper age-appropriate care, and respecting them as transgenders.  That's how it used to be, before the social contagion. :cheers: 

10 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I linked that article because I thought it was good writing. But you’re wrong; the amount of experts on my side of this issue are overwhelming. 

Yale School of Medicine: 

https://medicine.yale.edu/news-article/when-the-standard-of-gender-affirming-care-becomes-illegal-its-everyones-problem/

Fenway Health: 

https://fenwayhealth.org/new-study-undercuts-the-rapid-onset-gender-dysphoria-hypothesis/

The American Psychiatric Association: 

https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria

Columbia University Department of Psychiatry: 

https://www.columbiapsychiatry.org/news/gender-affirming-care-saves-lives

I could go on and on. That’s just the tip of iceberg. As I wrote the overwhelming majority of experts are on my side- or, to be more accurate, I’m on their side. 

The first two links don't address the issue of group transitions of friend groups although the second comes closest talking about Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria. Your claim of it being entirely inborn and that outside factors cannot influence the transition continues to elude you unless the next two links have it, I don't have time to look right now. I've already wasted enough of my lunch breaks on two red herrings and writing this response.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I would say that strengthens my position, since "cultural appropriation" means that the message is for folks not of their culture.  Or are you saying the kid from their tribe whose dad is on the council is not of their culture?

Bump for @The Real timschochet, in case he missed it.  :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

This group is certainly entitled to their opinion, but it's worth noting that they are/were funded by Daniel Snyder.

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Is there ANYONE in this thread that supports u & agrees with u? Short answer: no 😂

So WHY are u STILL here defending the POS black guy as well as the racist democrat party? You LOST. You have made yourself out to be even more of a fool. We have been trying to give you an OUT. You refuse to take it & double down :doh: You should just accept the label “ignorant retarded lying snowflake” and be done with it. Cause that perfectly encapsulates everything you are 

9 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Does Tim have a problem with blacks straightening their hair? 

Yes he does, but ironically he's not against Men pretending to be Women. 

12 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Does Tim have a problem with blacks straightening their hair? 

But, pointing out the falsehoods in the logic is ultimately racist, I think.....:dunno:     Remember, any notion of accountability or truth that might also tend to reflect poorly on those of color, is racist.....

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

But, pointing out the falsehoods in the logic is ultimately racist, I think.....:dunno:     Remember, any notion of accountability or truth that might also tend to reflect poorly on those of color, is racist.....

You forgot I don't care lol

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You forgot I don't care lol

Sure. I am little more than bemused by it.  For me watching leftists twist into knots to justify vile thoughts and behaviors while they simultaneaously assail others.....its not unlike watching a toddler blaming others for stupid stuff they have done.

Well said Kendi

So on your scale of grievance, how far apart are the current decendants of the two groups? Who holds a high value in terms of their victimhood, for things that never directly happened.....to them.....

What about all the virtue signaling white kids on campuses wearing those Palestinian tablecloths as they chant "From the river to the sea"?   Is that cultural appropriation? 

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

NAGA please. 

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

What about all the virtue signaling white kids on campuses wearing those Palestinian tablecloths as they chant "From the river to the sea"?   Is that cultural appropriation? 

Yes I think so. Also they’re not virtue signaling. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It doesn’t matter whether he’s part of the tribe or not. If he is wearing it to celebrate the Kansas City Chiefs that’s cultural appropriation. 

Nope

cul·tur·al ap·pro·pri·a·tion
noun
the unacknowledged or inappropriate adoption of the customs, practices, ideas, etc. of one people or society by members of another and typically more dominant people or society.
"his dreadlocks were widely criticized as another example of cultural appropriation"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It doesn’t matter whether he’s part of the tribe or not. If he is wearing it to celebrate the Kansas City Chiefs that’s cultural appropriation. 

“It’s doesn’t matter if the boy is black or not. Wearing African colors is cultural appropriation” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 my GOD this guy is a fockin retard 🤣🤣🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Nope

No you’re wrong. Chiefs and their fans are the members of that “more dominant people.” 

This really isn’t a difficult argument at all. This kid was not wearing the regalia as part of any Chumash celebration. He was wearing it, and the red and black face, as a football fan. Thats what makes it offensive. 

His personal heritage is irrelevant UNLESS you’re willing to stipulate that only Native Americans can wear these outfits and that if any other fan does it who is not a Native American is being offensive. If you’re willing to agree to that then I’ll give credit to your argument. But if you’re not willing to agree then your argument becomes pointless.