Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Jan 6, 2021

Just now, squistion said:

Yes, following the crowd that stormed the Capitol and broke in.

There’s video of cops opening doors inside.  

4 minutes ago, jonmx said:

We were talking about riots on Jan. 6th at least 6 weeks prior on FBG.   Every organization involved were heavily infiltrated with Federal informants.   If they were not prepared, it was intentional from their leadership and higher.   There is no way in heelllll they were caught off guard.  

I could be wrong but I don’t remember any conversation at FBG, or the news media, or anywhere else that the Capitol Building was in danger of being attacked on Jan 6. Do you have a link that proves otherwise? 

5 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Yet 90 percent have only been charged with non-violent crime.   There are videos which show hundreds of people, peacefully  walking in. 

It was a mostly peaceful protest.

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I could be wrong but I don’t remember any conversation at FBG, or the news media, or anywhere else that the Capitol Building was in danger of being attacked on Jan 6. Do you have a link that proves otherwise? 

Trump did have the national guard on stand by and offered them to the mayor of dc and Pelosi. There was intel that indicated there could be unrest. How do you think they were able to charge the proud boys that weren’t there? 

Happy January 6th everyone. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There’s video of cops opening doors inside.  

Yes, but keep that in context. The crowd had already broken in, they police were outnumbered, and it would have served no useful purpose to antagonize them. They were trying to deescalate the situation. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trump did have the national guard on stand by and offered them to the mayor of dc and Pelosi. There was intel that indicated there could be unrest. How do you think they were able to charge the proud boys that weren’t there? 

There is certainly a lot of dispute over the facts regarding your first sentence. With regard to the rest my understanding was that the “intel” was more general and not specific to the Capitol Building. But again someone may have a link that contradicts this. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That has been debunked.

https://thedispatch.com/article/fact-check-did-pelosi-reject-trumps-request-for-national-guard-troops-on-january-6/

Fact Check: Did Pelosi Reject Trump’s Request for National Guard Troops on January 6?

A viral Instagram post from Donald Trump Jr. claims that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi refused Donald Trump’s “request for a national guard presence” during the January 6 Capitol insurrection. This isn’t the first time this particular claim has gone viral. In February 2021, as reported by the Washington Post, during a Fox news interview with Steve Hilton, President Donald Trump claimed that he “requested” 10,000 National Guard troops to be deployed to the Capitol, but that his request was rejected by Pelosi.  

In Trump’s words: “I requested … I definitely gave the number of 10,000 National Guardsmen, and [said] I think you should have 10,000 of the National Guard ready. They took that number. From what I understand, they gave it to the people at the Capitol, which is controlled by Pelosi. And I heard they rejected it because they didn’t think it would look good. So, you know, that was a big mistake.” 

The claim that Pelosi rejected Trump’s request for a National Guard presence on January 6 is false. 

“The speaker of the House does not have the power to block an order from the commander in chief,” Drew Hammil, deputy chief of staff for Pelosi, told The Dispatch Fact Check via email. “This is fiction.”

Josh Huder, a senior fellow at Georgetown University’s Government Affairs Institute, similarly told The Dispatch Fact Check that “the speaker does not have control of any branch of the armed services.”

“The National Guard can only be activated by the president or a governor,” Huder added. “In the case of D.C., it can only be mobilized by the president of the United States.”

12 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I could be wrong but I don’t remember any conversation at FBG, or the news media, or anywhere else that the Capitol Building was in danger of being attacked on Jan 6. Do you have a link that proves 

•  
it seems like January 6th is the next big date on the Presidential calendar, with several events likely converging at the same time on that day:

1. VP Pence to preside over session of Congress to count electoral votes
  2. large march/protest/demonstration/rally/battle royale being planned for DC
  3. implications are that Trump and his team will have something planned for this day as well

this makes me a little nervous because the probability for political shenanigans and/or protestor violence seems pretty high.

timschochet

Footballguy
Agreed. But the bothersome part is that there are more Americans that apparently agree with this particular doomsday cult than any other in our history- a huge chunk of Republicans, who knows how many?

2 minutes ago, jonmx said:
  •  
it seems like January 6th is the next big date on the Presidential calendar, with several events likely converging at the same time on that day:

1. VP Pence to preside over session of Congress to count electoral votes
  2. large march/protest/demonstration/rally/battle royale being planned for DC
  3. implications are that Trump and his team will have something planned for this day as well

this makes me a little nervous because the probability for political shenanigans and/or protestor violence seems pretty high.

timschochet

Footballguy
Agreed. But the bothersome part is that there are more Americans that apparently agree with this particular doomsday cult than any other in our history- a huge chunk of Republicans, who knows how many?

A lot of people worried that there would be trouble. I don’t remember the Capitol building being singled out. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

A lot of people worried that there would be trouble. I don’t remember the Capitol building being singled out. 

The Capitol Building is ground zero for the certification vote.  Where the heck else would the trouble be?  

4 minutes ago, jonmx said:

The Capitol Building is ground zero for the certification vote.  Where the heck else would the trouble be?  

According to you nothing happened and you are ready to invite them in for beers 🤔

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Outside of the.Capitol Building Or in the park where Trump spoke. Or really anywhere in DC. Again to the best of my knowledge nobody wrote beforehand “I think a mob might attack the Capitol building.”

5 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

According to you nothing happened and you are ready to invite them in for beers 🤔

A few idiots got baited/entrapped into doing something stupid.   The number of violent thugs at January 6th was 1/100th of that at a typical BLM riot.   

30 minutes ago, squistion said:

That has been debunked.

https://thedispatch.com/article/fact-check-did-pelosi-reject-trumps-request-for-national-guard-troops-on-january-6/

Fact Check: Did Pelosi Reject Trump’s Request for National Guard Troops on January 6?

A viral Instagram post from Donald Trump Jr. claims that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi refused Donald Trump’s “request for a national guard presence” during the January 6 Capitol insurrection. This isn’t the first time this particular claim has gone viral. In February 2021, as reported by the Washington Post, during a Fox news interview with Steve Hilton, President Donald Trump claimed that he “requested” 10,000 National Guard troops to be deployed to the Capitol, but that his request was rejected by Pelosi.  

In Trump’s words: “I requested … I definitely gave the number of 10,000 National Guardsmen, and [said] I think you should have 10,000 of the National Guard ready. They took that number. From what I understand, they gave it to the people at the Capitol, which is controlled by Pelosi. And I heard they rejected it because they didn’t think it would look good. So, you know, that was a big mistake.” 

The claim that Pelosi rejected Trump’s request for a National Guard presence on January 6 is false. 

“The speaker of the House does not have the power to block an order from the commander in chief,” Drew Hammil, deputy chief of staff for Pelosi, told The Dispatch Fact Check via email. “This is fiction.”

Josh Huder, a senior fellow at Georgetown University’s Government Affairs Institute, similarly told The Dispatch Fact Check that “the speaker does not have control of any branch of the armed services.”

“The National Guard can only be activated by the president or a governor,” Huder added. “In the case of D.C., it can only be mobilized by the president of the United States.”

I don’t believe her.  Was she unaware that the national guard was close by, ready to be deployed? It’s bunked. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Outside of the.Capitol Building Or in the park where Trump spoke. Or really anywhere in DC. Again to the best of my knowledge nobody wrote beforehand “I think a mob might attack the Capitol building.”

Well they were certainly moving toward it, and the unrest began while Trump was still speaking. 

Theee lots of blame to go around for how this was handled. Trump should have canceled. Why? If he thought it was necessary to have the NG on stand by, then that should have been his indication to stand down. That being said, he didn’t tell anyone to attack.  The ones that deserve the lions share of the blame are the participants. That also doesn’t mean others were not derelict of their duties and should have been held to account. None were. 

5 minutes ago, jonmx said:

A few idiots got baited/entrapped into doing something stupid.   The number of violent thugs at January 6th was 1/100th of that at a typical BLM riot.   

Entrapped 😂 Ray Epps!!

Are you are signing back up with the ring leader, Don? Have you convinced yourself yet?

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Nothing that specific because there was no coordinated plan, despite a half dozen getting convicted of it.   The FBI had every insight into every organization and knew there was a level of anger and there were members from all these groups headed to DC.   Hotels and pubs in the area shut down for three days in antipation of violent crowds.   Capitol Police for some unexplained reason treated it like a normal day.   

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t believe her.  Was she unaware that the national guard was close by, ready to be deployed? It’s bunked. 

You don't believe a fact checking site? SMH.

13 minutes ago, squistion said:

You don't believe a fact checking site? SMH.

I have common sense. Are you really claiming she was unaware of the NG presence? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have common sense. Are you really claiming she was unaware of the NG presence? 

I don't think she was offered it as Trump claimed. He has lied hundreds of times about anything and everything, which makes the validity of his claim that Pelosi was told of this rather dubious. 

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

I don't think she was offered it as Trump claimed. He has lied hundreds of times about anything and everything, which makes the validity of his claim that Pelosi was told of this rather dubious. 

Why wouldn’t he offer it if he’s the one that brought them in? Are you saying that she wasn’t informed of their presence close by? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why wouldn’t he offer it if he’s the one that brought them in? Are you saying that she wasn’t informed of their presence close by? 

If he really brought them in and I haven't seen any proof of that.

From the AP who you may not believe either:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-trump-order-national-guard-156055113284

Trump did not sign an order to deploy 20,000 troops on Jan. 6

CLAIM: Former President Donald Trump signed an order to deploy 20,000 National Guard troops before his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, but was stopped by the House sergeant at arms, at the behest of Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. While Trump was involved in discussions in the days prior to Jan. 6 about the National Guard response, he issued no such order before or during the rioting. Speaker Pelosi does not control National Guard troops.

Just now, squistion said:

If he really brought them in and I haven't seen any proof of that.

From the AP who you may not believe either:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-trump-order-national-guard-156055113284

Trump did not sign an order to deploy 20,000 troops on Jan. 6

CLAIM: Former President Donald Trump signed an order to deploy 20,000 National Guard troops before his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, but was stopped by the House sergeant at arms, at the behest of Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. While Trump was involved in discussions in the days prior to Jan. 6 about the National Guard response, he issued no such order before or during the rioting. Speaker Pelosi does not control National Guard troops.

Are you saying they weren’t staged close by? You do know they ended up responding that day, right? You put too much faith in your fact checkers. They mislead you constantly. This is some more proof of that. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Are you saying they weren’t staged close by? You do know they ended up responding that day, right? You put too much faith in your fact checkers. They mislead you constantly. This is some more proof of that. 

JFC. They are fact checkers. If you think their fact checking is inaccurate, then prove it with links to some of your own (which I am sure you can't do).

I never thought I would live to see the day where someone would tell me "You put too much faith in the facts" - seriously what can I go but the actual facts?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It was 2:20 p.m. on this day in 2021. I was in my classroom- quadruple masked- explaining to my students how queer slaves actually wrote the Constitution, when I heard it: sobbing from the hall.

I went outside to find my colleague, an English teacher, sobbing uncontrollably. At first I thought Ron DeSantis had made our jobs even more difficult by banning us from discussing our kinks in the classroom, but it was far worse.

“A white supremacist insurrectionist has his feet on Nancy Pelosi’s desk,” they/them cried.

I rushed back into my classroom to see the look of fear on my students’ faces.

“Are we going to lose access to our puberty blockers?” a purple-haired demiboy asked.

“If they overthrow our democracy, yes,” I replied.

For the next several hours we watched the TV in fear as several hundred terrorists searched the Capitol for Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez, so they could have their way with her.

Thankfully,  a brave police officer of color shot a hysterical Karen in the face, sending the MAGA idiots running for their lives at the sight of such a strong Black man.

When it was over, 640 police officers of color had been killed and Ilhan Omar’s brother-husband had been deported back to Somalia.

My students knew how close we had come to losing our democracy- mostly because I told them so.

We must #NeverForgetJan6 

How did you hear the news?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

It was 2:20 p.m. on this day in 2021. I was in my classroom- quadruple masked- explaining to my students how queer slaves actually wrote the Constitution, when I heard it: sobbing from the hall.

I went outside to find my colleague, an English teacher, sobbing uncontrollably. At first I thought Ron DeSantis had made our jobs even more difficult by banning us from discussing our kinks in the classroom, but it was far worse.

“A white supremacist insurrectionist has his feet on Nancy Pelosi’s desk,” they/them cried.

I rushed back into my classroom to see the look of fear on my students’ faces.

“Are we going to lose access to our puberty blockers?” a purple-haired demiboy asked.

“If they overthrow our democracy, yes,” I replied.

For the next several hours we watched the TV in fear as several hundred terrorists searched the Capitol for Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez, so they could have their way with her.

Thankfully,  a brave police officer of color shot a hysterical Karen in the face, sending the MAGA idiots running for their lives at the sight of such a strong Black man.

When it was over, 640 police officers of color had been killed and Ilhan Omar’s brother-husband had been deported back to Somalia.

My students knew how close we had come to losing our democracy- mostly because I told them so.

We must #NeverForgetJan6 

How did you hear the news?

That’s brilliant! Nicely done! 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s brilliant! Nicely done! 

I plagiarized it like the ex Harvard president 

2 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Entrapped 😂 Ray Epps!!

Are you are signing back up with the ring leader, Don? Have you convinced yourself yet?

Ghost buses 👻 🚌 

18 minutes ago, squistion said:

JFC. They are fact checkers. If you think their fact checking is inaccurate, then prove it with links to some of your own (which I am sure you can't do). 

FACT CHECKERS!!!! 
:lol:

10 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

FACT CHECKERS!!!! 

What kind of bizzarro world do you live in where you won't accept the findings of fact checkers like the AP? :wacko:

31 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Ghost buses 👻 🚌 

The ghost buses! 

Who was the Congressman going on about those? Guy is probably chairing a committee by now 😂

• Haha 1

Weird...

8 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Weird...

He was charged and plead guilty.

He’s also suing Tucker.

24 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Weird...

Epps is clearly inciting in that video. Tucker has nothing to worry about. 

8 hours ago, Raven Fan said:

What we did lose was tons of respect in the eyes of the world as they watched the deplorable, imbecile horde egged on by the silver spoon, lying attack our capital to try to prevent the free and fair transfer of power in the US for the first time ever.

Everyone who attacked our capital can rot in jail as traiters. 

Love this for them.

Enjoy your "holiday" cultist.  It perfectly embodies what you stand for.  Being an obedient cuck to a failed tv reality personality who never actually had to work a day in his pathetic life. 

We normal people laugh at and are sickened by you. 

we came so close to losing our country.  this close.