Sign in to follow this  
Bill E.

2024 Superbowl Shark Tooth Contest - down to CMH and Jerryskids.

Final with update after Sunday games

If KC wins - cmh wins

If detroit wins - it is between Tbay and Patweiser

If SF beats KC - Jerry wins

If SF beats Balt - 5 points, hopy, reality and pimp are in.

If Balt beats SF hth, Voltaire, engorgeous, peenie are still in
If Balt beats Det  Voltaire, engorgeous, peenie, supermike and bunny  are still in

Still In

TBay             det    buf    33    22
patweiser    det    buf    35    31

cmh                  kc    dal    27    24

Bunny            Balt    Dal    28    26
supermike    balt    gb    28    17
hth                 balt    sf    23    17
Voltaire         balt    sf    27    20
engorgeous  balt    sf    35    31
Peenie           balt    sf    38    31

5points            sf    balt    24    17
Kopy                sf    balt    31    27
Reality             sf    balt    35    20
PimpaDeaux   sf    balt    37    30

jerryskids          sf    kc    31    20

Out

beenHereB4    buf    dal    27    24
TommyG          buf    sf    38    17

BufordT        dal    kc    22    20
horseman    dal    kc    27    24

MikeHoncho    gb    pit    33    20

Alias Det          Pit    SF    42    0    :first:

biff                    sf    buf    29    23
gepetto             sf    buf    30    24
ShorePatrol      sf    buf    38    17
White_wonder  sf    cle    27    24

Yall need to stop betting against mahomes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I am rooting for Mahomes and Taylor next week against the Rat Birds.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

I purposely did not pick the Chiefs because I wanted them to win, so I picked Buffalo. That way I either had a good shot at a tooth or the Chiefs beat the Bills. Win either way.

• Like 1

Wanting the season to end the same way it started: Lions/Chiefs

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Wanting the season to end the same way it started: Lions/Chiefs

21-20. I see what you did there. 

Sucks though as Baltimore will be there instead. 

6 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

21-20. I see what you did there. 

Sucks though as Baltimore will be there instead. 

And they stomped Detroit (and San Francisco both) into the dust. 

Thus, my logic.

Give 'em back Travis Kelce and Chris Jones on a neutral field and take our chances with that. Also, not having cornerbacks worth a damn becomes less of an issue when playing a team that doesn't have WRs worth a damn.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Thus, my logic.

Nice. If Baltimore doesn't win this year, as much as I dislike them, they deserve the  win. Fock they have been good. 

People talk about the 1991 Lions lately because that's the last time the Lions got to the Conference Championship. I remember that year, I was in the Army in Germany and due to limitations of broadcasting options and because Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet, I couldn't watch but 2 or 3 Lions games all season. I mostly just followed the Lions in magazines or the newspapers.

Well, the '91 Redskins had beaten the holy hell out of the Lions in their regular season matchup and picked up only one loss all year until they rested their starters in the final week and picked up a 2nd.  The Lions recovered and went on to claim the #2 seed and a first round bye that went with the #2 until recently. Then they beat the Cowboys which set up a rematch with the Redskins. The '91 Redskins beat their asses badly a second time and then went on to crush Buffalo in the Super Bowl. The best team in the league all year by far with essentially only one loss and an all-time great team.

This Baltimore '23-'24 team gives me 1991 Redskins flashbacks and I don't want anything to do with them. I've been hoping somebody in the AFC would trip them up but that's not been the case thus far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

People talk about the 1991 Lions lately because that's the last time the Lions got to the Conference Championship. I remember that year, I was in the Army in Germany and due to limitations of broadcasting options and because Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet, I couldn't watch but 2 or 3 Lions games all season. I mostly just followed the Lions in magazines or the newspapers.

Well, the '91 Redskins had beaten the holy hell out of the Lions in their regular season matchup and picked up only one loss all year until they rested their starters in the final week and picked up a 2nd.  The Lions recovered and went on to claim the #2 seed and a first round bye that went with the #2 seed until recently. Then they beat the Cowboys which set up a rematch with the Redskins. The '91 Redskins beat their asses badly a second time and then went on to crush Buffalo in the Super Bowl. The best team in the league all year by far with essentially only one loss.

This Baltimore '23-'24 team gives me 1991 Redskins flashbacks and I don't want anything to do with them. I've been hoping somebody in the AFC would trip them up but that's not been the case thus far.

You don't have to go to Germany to not be able to see your favorite NFL team play on television. 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

You don't have to go to Germany to not be able to see your favorite NFL team play on television. 

Peacock does for broadcasting what HMOs do for medical care and what revenue sharing did for the Pac Ten.

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Thus, my logic.

Give 'em back Travis Kelce and Chris Jones on a neutral field and take our chances with that. Also, not having cornerbacks worth a damn becomes less of an issue when playing a team that doesn't have WRs worth a damn.

You'd rather play the guy who is 13-3 lifetime in the playoffs ;)

On 1/21/2024 at 11:32 PM, Bill E. said:

Jerry wins

jerryskids          sf    kc    31    20

Congratulations!! 
😏

ain't I about to win this thing?

29 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

ain't I about to win this thing?

No, Dallas is out.

Wait, are you still in? I thought you had to get both teams right, not just the winner. 

ETA

I didn’t read properly! Also, the explanation doesn’t make sense. 

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

No, Dallas is out.

Wait, are you still in? I thought you had to get both teams right, not just the winner. 

I don't know :dunno:

4 hours ago, peenie said:

No, Dallas is out.

ETA

will update and explain.

First post says if KC wins, cmh wins.

The contest is to pick the winner of the Super Bowl. 

Picking the winner and also having the loser in the Super Bowl is a tie breaker if anyone else other than Jerry had picked SF to win over KC. People that chose SF over any team other than KC is eliminated by the tiebreaker.

Since no one else picked KC to win, a tiebreaker does not come into play if KC wins meaning cmh toofy wins the toof. So fitting.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, peenie said:

I have been using the same rules for years.   Pick the Winner of the Superbowl.

TB#1 Superbowl Loser
TB #2 Score of the winner (Closest wins but under beats over so if the winner scores 32 then 31 beats 33 but 33 would beat 30)
TB#3 Score of loser (Closest wins but under beats over so if the loser scores 32 then 31 beats 33 but 33 would beat 30).
TB #4 If >1 person picks the same scores, whoever guessed first wins.  

Maybe they could have been worded better but they pretty much cover all scenarios. 

9 People picked SF to win.  So if SFwins the first tiebreaker is the loser.  
If more than one person picked both the winner and loser we would look at the scores (TB#2-4)
Since only Jerryskids picked SF over KC if SF wins Jerryskids wins because KC lost and he was the only one to pick SF and tiebreaker1.

(Amazingly) Only CMH picked KC to win so it does not matter who he picked to lose since none of the tiebreakers come into play.

So we are down to CMH and Jerry

the reason you and a bunch of other people were still in last week that guessed Baltimore to beat a team that lost was that Detroit was still in and nobody picked Balt over Det in the Superbpowl.   In that case anyone that picked Balt to win would still have been in and we would look to the scores.  I hope that makes more sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

Picking the winner and also having the loser in the Super Bowl is a tie breaker if anyone else other than Jerry had picked SF to win over KC. 

Since no one else picked KC to win, a tiebreaker does not come into play if KC wins meaning cmh toofy wins the toof. So fitting.

I should have said it that way. 

Just now, Bill E. said:

I should have said it that way. 

Your explanation is more thorough. 

• Like 1

This won't be my first toof

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Should not be able to win teeth, just a tooth.

14 hours ago, Bill E. said:

I have been using the same rules for years.   Pick the Winner of the Superbowl.

TB#1 Superbowl Loser
TB #2 Score of the winner (Closest wins but under beats over so if the winner scores 32 then 31 beats 33 but 33 would beat 30)
TB#3 Score of loser (Closest wins but under beats over so if the loser scores 32 then 31 beats 33 but 33 would beat 30).
TB #4 If >1 person picks the same scores, whoever guessed first wins.  

Maybe they could have been worded better but they pretty much cover all scenarios. 

9 People picked SF to win.  So if SFwins the first tiebreaker is the loser.  
If more than one person picked both the winner and loser we would look at the scores (TB#2-4)
Since only Jerryskids picked SF over KC if SF wins Jerryskids wins because KC lost and he was the only one to pick SF and tiebreaker1.

(Amazingly) Only CMH picked KC to win so it does not matter who he picked to lose since none of the tiebreakers come into play.

So we are down to CMH and Jerry

the reason you and a bunch of other people were still in last week that guessed Baltimore to beat a team that lost was that Detroit was still in and nobody picked Balt over Det in the Superbpowl.   In that case anyone that picked Balt to win would still have been in and we would look to the scores.  I hope that makes more sense.

14 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Picking the winner and also having the loser in the Super Bowl is a tie breaker if anyone else other than Jerry had picked SF to win over KC. People that chose SF over any team other than KC is eliminated by the tiebreaker.

I misunderstood. I thought we were simultaneously picking NFC/AFC champions and winner of the Super Bowl.

This is my first year participating. Thank you for your patience explaining. 🥰

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, peenie said:

I misunderstood. I thought we were simultaneously picking NFC/AFC champions and winner of the Super Bowl.

This is my first year participating. Thank you for your patience explaining. 🥰

No problem.  That was the intent but some years nobody picked the winner or loser so I had to find a way to get a contest winner. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Reality said:

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! :first:

:fu:

18 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

:banana:

congrats

4 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Damn, The Toofinator won both.

pimpledoosh votes for this. 

• Sad 1

Congrats cmh

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Damn, The Toofinator won both.

He can finally replace his missing fang

3 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Congrats!!!

I thought you were having that addadicktome surgery today?

On 1/30/2024 at 10:25 AM, cmh6476 said:

Thanks to me.

I lost both contests to a guy who would have picked KC even if they weren't in the playoffs. :lol: :wall:

You can doubt the Chiefs. You can dislike the Chiefs. You can disrespect the Chiefs. But you're gonna have to deal with the Chiefs!

13 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

You can doubt the Chiefs. You can dislike the Chiefs. You can disrespect the Chiefs. But you're gonna have to deal with the Chiefs!

Don't be an insufferable douchbag.