Mike FF Today

NFC Championship: Lions @ 49ers

Inactives -

Lions: CB Steven Gilmore, DE Charles Harris, QB Hendon Hooker, OG Jonah Jackson, DT Brodric Martin, WR Kalif Raymond, S Tracy Walker

49ers: QB Brandon Allen, WR Ronnie Bell, LB Jalen Graham,OT Matt Pryor, LB Curtis Robinson, WR Willie Snead, CB Samuel Womack

Line: SF -6.5
Total: 50.5

When debo was out purdy struggled hard core. The lions defense did an amazing job of getting pressure up front and covering up cam sutton by rolling coverage to his side.  If they do not have to roll coverage and can use coverage that tilts more to stopping kittle it will be much easier to win. 

I have a funny feeling the Lions are gonna win a wild and crazy game here...

That’s a lot of points for the Lions to be getting, I going to take a look at the m/l.  

I don't know Goff's Home/Road splits are not Purdy...

the key to betting this game is getting the bet in after learning Deebo's status but before the line adjusts

Firstlet me say kudos to the Lions for getting to this point. Regardless of how the game shakes out I can assure the Lions are gonna be a top team next year. I would have preferred to face the BUCS but still just as happy that my 48ers made it to the NFC title game. We haven't played exceptionally well over the past several weeks and whatever DEEBO's status is for the game he won't be 100% and that will surely affect our offense. PURDY can NOT play the way he did last week and expect us to win. Mr.Irrelevant HAS to show up in thus game and show why we kept him.and got rid of Lance.

Even if Deebo is out Purdy still has some pretty good weapons. I'd like to see Shanahan lean on CMC more this week than he did last week. Crap, he's the best RB in the league and if we're gonna have a chance to win this game then CMC needs to be heavily used in running I ng and catching out of the backfield. I.aldo think that TE KITTLE needs to be targeted more and I can definitely see him scoring 2 tds. You can't replace Deebo at this point so don't try to. Lean on.the studs you, in CMC, KITTLE and AIYUK. I.think Purdy has a bounce back game and will help us get to the superbowl. Also, I know we had 2int's last week but the D-line needs to step it up a bit in this one. Let's.show the rest of the league that we.can be pretty good on both sides of the ball and send the Lions back to their den to rest up for next year. GO S.F. 49ERS!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, cavern said:

the key to betting this game is getting the bet in after learning Deebo's status but before the line adjusts

True. Even if he plays you wonder how affective he'll be. He could end up being mainly a decoy. I'd want to know his status too before betting on the game. Yet, I don't like the 6.5 pt. Spread I'd probably bet the Lions to cover even if Deebo plays the whole game. If the 49ers win by more  still win,lol, seeing them.go to the SB.

It's simple. The 49ers will in if they do just 2 things. RUN the ball(CMC) and PRESSURE QB Jared Goff. Game over.

4 hours ago, DocNiner said:

It's simple. The 49ers will in if they do just 2 things. RUN the ball(CMC) and PRESSURE QB Jared Goff. Game over.

But more importantly, will they cover? I think that 6 1/2 points is a lot, I’m taking the points and the under.  

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

But more importantly, will they cover? I think that 6 1/2 points is a lot, I’m taking the points and the under.  

If they win I think they will potentially do what they did to the Packers a couple of years ago. Where they killed them on the ground.

Probably not that bad, but I think the run game will play a very large role for SF

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

I think they will potentially do what they did to the Packers a couple of years ago. Where they killed them on the ground.

Probably not that bad, but I think the run game will play a very large role for SF

I think the run hand is the key for both teams, Goff has always been less productive on the road.  I think it will be a run game, that will limit the overall scoring, like the under, but I don’t see either team holding a lead of larger then 9 points at any time during the context.  

I’ve taken the points/under.  

I like the Lions but I can't see Goff winning a road playoff game. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if they get blown out. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yeah I too think that 6.5.pts. is a bit much. 9ers were 10.5 pts. favorite against the Packers and still barely able to win the game. If Deebo can manage to play the whole game then the 49ers could cover the spread. I know that's a big if. The Lions secondary has been susceptible to the pass thus year and I don't think it's out of the question for Aiyuk to have a big game even with Deebo in the lineup. Also, I'd like to see angry runner TE Kittle to have a multiple td game. Yet for all.this to happen Purdy can not absolutely play like he did last week.

Not too much chatter on the Lions' pass rush and a not-so-superior Niners offensive line.  Purdy showed cracks or rust last week.  If it is the former then this could be the opposite of public perception

12 hours ago, Flipper said:

Not too much chatter on the Lions' pass rush and a not-so-superior Niners offensive line.  Purdy showed cracks or rust last week.  If it is the former then this could be the opposite of public perception

Yes, the Lions pass rush is something Kyle Shanahan better pay attention to. Hutchinson probably won't lineup across from Trent Williams so it's gonna be important that they put 2 guys on Hutchinson often. We see what happened last year when the Njners put a backup TE to block Hassan Reddick. Sheer disaster, so I hope for their sake they've learned from that. Hutchinson van wreck a game so they better be aware of that and take the appropriate measures to see that he doesn't get to Purdy. Should be interesting to see what they do.

Favorites and Fades have the 49ers winning 34-23. If so, that would certainly cover the -6.5 pts. the 49ers would be giving the Lions. I'd definitely like to see that result happen but I'd be exuberant with a 49er win by 1 point!

On 1/22/2024 at 6:56 PM, kilroy69 said:

When debo was out purdy struggled hard core. The lions defense did an amazing job of getting pressure up front and covering up cam sutton by rolling coverage to his side.  If they do not have to roll coverage and can use coverage that tilts more to stopping kittle it will be much easier to win. 

This was much more a product of the rain and Purdy's smallish hands....  Imho it was Shanny that struggled when Deebo went out.  I'm guessing Deebo's factor in this week's gameplan is going to be that of a decoy rather than weapon.  

Aiyuk is going to be the one who benefits....I'm on his OV props.  

12 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Awesome that he's playing. Surely he won't be 100% but I'll take that. To hat level he'll be is up in the air but just being on the field gives S.F. 49ers more options for the offense. Idoubt he'll have many runs if at all but his presence will open things up for the other skill guys on the team. We'll need that going against a very talented Lions team. Amon-ra, Gibbs and especially LaPorta really helped some of my fantasy teams this year and I hope they continue to excel in their NFL careers. Just NOT for this game,lol.

So I see the over/under has moved to 51.5 pts. I think these 2 teams will produce the over in this game as both offense will be able to score pretty  good. I can definitely see 1 team going over 30 points and yes, as a  Homer, that team will be my San Francisco 49ers. The Lions may put up the good fight but in the end I project the 49ers, being at home, will do enough to win this game.

The Lions will come out on fire and make noise. But SF avoids turnovers, the game is theirs. Too many weapons.

49ers not a great wet weather team. Perfect weather tomorrow. They have Armstead back. Lions score some points but SF wins. Look at the two teams, point differentials.

A pair of #3 seeds in the Super Bowl?  I still think the 49ers win, but it would be nice to see some different uniforms in the big game.

On 1/27/2024 at 11:22 AM, DrG said:

The Lions will come out on fire and make noise. But SF avoids turnovers, the game is theirs. Too many weapons.

That first sentence has definitely come true.

We'll see about the rest

Wow - a fluke, lucky play on another bad throw by Purdy & a fumble just won SF the game.  Poor Detroit.  You can sense they are deflated and know they are done.  Oh well. 

Dan Campbell coaching them out of it...

Who goes for it on 4th down, trailing by 3, in FG range with under 6 minutes left in the NFC Championship game, after you've already passed up a FG and failed?

It's gotta be tough to lose the NFC Championship game by 3 when you passed up 2 FG attempts and got nothing out of it...

Destroyed the under, but I did have the Lions plus the points, so I hit 2/3 today.  

Yes, Detroit had a couple of chances for FGs but elected yo go for it on 4th.down to no avail. Yes, also the fluke play where Aiyuk caught the ball of the defenders helmet is still a part of football. You can't say we won because of thar. Dan Campbell's aggressive play calling hurt the Lions but I get it. You need to be aggressive at times but those couple of times hinder the Lions scoring. Down 17 at the half was deflating bit mu 49ers hung in there. Defense made some outstanding plays and Purdy did what he needed to, especially running for first downs. Purdy's not a game manager nor is he Patrick Mahomes but he can help the team win.

McCaffrey was outstanding.and if we are to win the superbo⁵wl.against the Chiefs he's.gonna have to be a huge reason why we win. Chiefs beat us in a previous SB so the 9ers will be looking to avaenge.that loss. It won't.be easy and we'll probably have to have our best game of the year to be victorious. Kudos though to the Detroit Lions for an amazing season. Campbell has certainly changed the culture there and you can bet the Liond are.gonna be good for year to come.and could easily win a SB in the future. I said earlier my 59ers would score over 30 points and I was correct but the Lions surely didn't make it east. So, it's on to Las Vegas to face the Kansas City Chiefs in Superbowl 58. LET'S GO SANFRANCISCO 49ERS!!!!!!

I'm ok with aggressive play calling but a gamble after san fran scored a TD was the one gamble I didnt agree with.  a FG would have taken momentum away from them at that point in the game.   San fran still needed to outscore them by a lot.  a FG at that point in the game keeps the mountain SF needs to climb fairly large.  instead the failed gamble gave the comeback life.

I still think he is the long term coach for Detroit and he will learn from this.    Team achieved this year.   They will be back

Why is there a rumor that he won’t be with the Lions long term? 

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Why is there a rumor that he won’t be with the Lions long term? 

I think his contract is up

19 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Yeah I dont think there are any credible rumors the team isnt happy with him.

48 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Mmm now that’s interesting, still two openings left.  Lions would be silly to let him go. 

I did a little research.

It's not his contract is up, he signed a 6 year deal in 2021. It's that his alma mater, Texas A&M were supposedly willing to buy out his remaining contract so he could become their coach. That doesn't seem likely any more though

Mm that’s interesting.  Like you said  not likely