The Real timschochet

Timmy’s thread for general discussion

The other day I wrote that I would be posting a lot less in this forum and that remains true UNLESS anyone wants to engage in some serious discussion with me: you know the kind where you offer ideas and mean them, no trolling, and you’re prepared to back up your arguments. The kind where you try to avoid name calling and gratuitous remarks. If nobody wants to do that, I get it, that’s fine. Stay out of this thread and I’ll stay out of yours. If you do come into this thread looking to troll me I can’t stop you but don’t look for me to respond. 

As for anyone who wants to have deeper, thoughtful discussions, let’s have a clean slate. I’ll respond to everyone who seriously wants to engage with me: you don’t remember my past comments and I won’t recall yours either. We’ll start over; how’s that? I am a liberal and I know most of you are conservatives but that’s no reason we can’t engage in fruitful, respectful discussion. I am interested n the following topics: the Presidential election, Trump’s legal problems; Biden’s legal problems, abortion; climate change, inflation and the economy, gun control, race relations; the border and undocumented immigration, gay and trans issues, Ukraine and NATO, Israel and Palestine,  the House and Senate races, all in no particular order. I want to discuss this stuff with serious people who disagree with me. If you’re not one of those, then no worries. We don’t need to talk any further. 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Me and yer Mom talked about this recently. Ill start. Thoughts on the death penalty.

6 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Me and yer Mom talked about this recently. Ill start. Thoughts on the death penalty.

Needs to happen more often and executed in a timely manner. 

8 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

I read a couple of novels that changed my mind about it: 

The Confession by John Grisham 

The Green Mile by Stephen King 

Before I read those I was pretty neutral. Now I am opposed except in rare instances. For example, I’m still pretty good with rapists, habitual pedophiles, serial killers, mass murderers, and terrorists being put to death. But most of those executed don’t fall into those categories. 

1 minute ago, avoiding injuries said:

I thought you were leaving, now you’re actively trying to actively engage in discussions?

I never wrote I was leaving, I wrote that I would post far less. That’s probably still true. But if people want to engage me in serious talk then I will. 

Don't leave post less Tim, make use of the "ignore" feature. If someone has nothing to add and just trolls you, just hoover over the name of the offender and a moment later the option to ignore will pop up.

Interesting about John Grisham: in his first and best novel, A Time to Kill, his hero Jake Brigance is strongly in favor of the death penalty. But by the time he wrote The Confession and The Innocent Man nearly 20 years later he was opposed. He encountered too many instances of innocent people being put to death. 

9 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Needs to happen more often and EXECUTED in a timely manner. 

I see what you did there👍👌

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Don't leave post less Tim, make use of the "ignore" feature. If someone has nothing to add and just trolls you, just hoover over the name of the offender and a moment later the option to ignore will pop up.

Well I’ve spent far too much time here responding to ignorant comments and getting myself entangled in stupid discussions. Thats my own fault. Im trying not to do that anymore. I’m happy and eager to engage in serious discussion as much as other people to desire to with me. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I read a couple of novels that changed my mind about it: 

The Confession by John Grisham 

The Green Mile by Stephen King 

Before I read those I was pretty neutral. Now I am opposed except in rare instances. For example, I’m still pretty good with rapists, habitual pedophiles, serial killers, mass murderers, and terrorists being put to death. But most of those executed don’t fall into those categories. 

So you draw the line at a bunch of people being murdered....not just 1. Interesting.......

13 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Some people are against it (toughen up they say), but I think the ability to put users on an ignore list is the greatest feature. 

We have good discussions... ya doosh.  :cheers: 

Let's talk Ukraine.  To date, the US has given almost as much as the rest of NATO:

Since Russia's invasion, the United States has provided Ukraine with around $75 billion in military, financial and humanitarian aid. "Other NATO allies and partners have provided over $100 billion," the secretary general said. 

The US has proposed another $60B as we know, coming to $135B.  The EU has proposed another $20B:

It includes: $19.3 billion of financial assistance to Ukraine in 2023, which has already been disbursed. $7.7 billion in emergency EU macro-financial assistance and $663 million in budget support in 2022. $13.2 billion of financial assistance directly from EU Member States in grants, loans, and guarantees.

coming to $120B.  My question:  do you think the US should give more than the rest of NATO combined?

3 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Some people are against it (toughen up they say), but I think the ability to put users on an ignore list is the greatest feature. 

Not necessarily. It depends on the murder. A single murder could apply. But most important I want to be sure that the killer is indeed guilty: I certainly don’t agree with the complaint, implied here already, that the process takes too long. If we’re going to do this I want every possible t crossed however long it takes. 

Sheesh, when I first opened this thread there were no responses.  Pretty busy for a Saturday.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Let's talk Ukraine.  To date, the US has given almost as much as the rest of NATO:

The US has proposed another $60B as we know, coming to $135B.  The EU has proposed another $20B:

coming to $120B.  My question:  do you think the US should give more than the rest of NATO combined?

Yes. 

I’m leaving for dinner so I have to stop for now. I will respond to you in detail later on. But my answer to your question is yes 100%. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Interesting about John Grisham: in his first and best novel, A Time to Kill, his hero Jake Brigance is strongly in favor of the death penalty. But by the time he wrote The Confession and The Innocent Man nearly 20 years later he was opposed. He encountered too many instances of innocent people being put to death. 

I read them both. A Time To Kill was about a father taking justice for his daughter and family, and get the two responsible get the justice they deserve and not allow them to do it ever again. It’s vigilante justice. I would do the same.

A trial, jury, and judge, can come to a conclusion/decision. And then an appeal process. And not for a quarter century. A decade at most. Jeffrey Dhamer waived all of his rights during the appeal’s process during his sentencing. He got life. Then demanded to be put in the general population, knowing what his fate would be carried out. He was killed by a black man with a mop. He wanted to be executed for the fourteen young men he dismembered, ate, and saved in a freezer. He wanted to be executed. Like a famous NFL coach once said, “How do I feel about the offenses execution? I’m all for it.” 

And Brigance wasn’t a hero. He was the protagonist of the story as the antagonist was hate.

37 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yes. 

I’m leaving for dinner so I have to stop for now. I will respond to you in detail later on. But my answer to your question is yes 100%. 

And this is where you lose any credibility.  You also think we should be giving illegals cash hotels and the right to vote as well?

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

And this is where you lose any credibility.  You also think we should be giving illegals cash hotels and the right to vote as well?

Credibility lol. 👆🏿

56 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

When you look at it as a proportion of GDP rather than straight-up numbers, a different story unfolds.

https://www.worldometers.info/gdp/gdp-by-country/

Our GDP is almost double all the other NATO countries combined.

:cheers:

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

When you look at it as a proportion of GDP rather than straight-up numbers, a different story unfolds.

Thank you. This was the first of 3 reasons I am for doing this. Here are the other 2 reasons: 

2. The weapons we’re purchasing are being made in St Louis, Long Beach, Seattle. It’s a boon for our aerospace industry. Frankly I’d rather see the money going to them than to companies in Britain, France, Denmark, etc. 

3. Most important of all IMO: our role as the leader of NATO and the Free World. I’m not eager to give that up. 

55 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

The answer is no. And I’m prepared to discuss that issue as well in detail a little later. But I don’t think it has anything to do with Ukraine. 

27 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

37 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Well, we spend a lot more on health care and building all those bombs they need than they do, so of course our gdp is going to be higher. It costs a lot to provide protection for them.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Interesting take. We also, according to your statistics, spend more than Russia, China, and all of Europe, combined, on defense. Why is that? Because the world is broke and we are not? Or everyone counts on us to save the world from themselves and bad decisions? Let’s eliminate NASA. What a waste of monies. Let’s give that to NATO instead. 

Wow, this EXACT same thing happened at FBG's after one of Tim's many suspensions for violating the TOS.  And, of course, within a week or two Tim was just posting away all over the place anyways.  It's so weird how we can predict exactly what will happen with him over and over.  Tim if you want to send someone trustworthy, say Jerry, $1000 that you forfeit if you ever post in another thread I'll honor your request.  Otherwise, fock that.  I'll troll the fock out of anything you post in because your commitments when it comes to posting are meaningless. I'm so focking sick of you making commitments like this and then reneging on them when you get bored.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

The other day I wrote that I would be posting a lot less in this forum and that remains true UNLESS anyone wants to engage in some serious discussion with me: you know the kind where you offer ideas and mean them, no trolling, and you’re prepared to back up your arguments. The kind where you try to avoid name calling and gratuitous remarks. If nobody wants to do that, I get it, that’s fine. Stay out of this thread and I’ll stay out of yours. If you do come into this thread looking to troll me I can’t stop you but don’t look for me to respond. 

As for anyone who wants to have deeper, thoughtful discussions, let’s have a clean slate. I’ll respond to everyone who seriously wants to engage with me: you don’t remember my past comments and I won’t recall yours either. We’ll start over; how’s that? I am a liberal and I know most of you are conservatives but that’s no reason we can’t engage in fruitful, respectful discussion. I am interested n the following topics: the Presidential election, Trump’s legal problems; Biden’s legal problems, abortion; climate change, inflation and the economy, gun control, race relations; the border and undocumented immigration, gay and trans issues, Ukraine and NATO, Israel and Palestine,  the House and Senate races, all in no particular order. I want to discuss this stuff with serious people who disagree with me. If you’re not one of those, then no worries. We don’t need to talk any further. 

Timmy,

We have seen this movie and know how it ends.

In the PSF you set up your own General Malaise discussion type thread where people would come to you, while you agreed to stay out of all other political threads.

The problem was, only a few folks came to your vanity thread to discuss the topics you wanted to discuss, while there were heated discussions in other threads that you wanted to be a part of, but couldn't.

Ultimately, you found this unsatisfactory and went back to posting in all forum threads just as before, and there is no reason to believe that the same will not happen here. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Wow, this EXACT same thing happened at FBG's after one of Tim's many suspensions for violating the TOS.  And, of course, within a week or two Tim was just posting away all over the place anyways.  It's so weird how we can predict exactly what will happen with him over and over.  Tim if you want to send someone trustworthy, say Jerry, $1000 that you forfeit if you ever post in another thread I'll honor your request.  Otherwise, fock that.  I'll troll the fock out of anything you post in because your commitments when it comes to posting are meaningless. I'm so focking sick of you making commitments like this and then reneging on them when you get bored.  

If you spent any time at FBG you knew he couldn't stay away.  This is just what Timmy does.  He needs attention. Plain and simple

Rinse and repeat.

It will take some time with many of you but trust me.  Timmy cannot be trusted, he lies A LOT and he has very little credibility.    

• Thanks 2

Just now, supermike80 said:

If you spent any time at FBG you knew he couldn't stay away.  This is just what Timmy does.  He needs attention. Plain and simple

Rinse and repeat 

You would think that Tim is a teenage girl with all the attention he needs and drama he brings with him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Rinse and repeat.

It will take some time with many of you but trust me.  Timmy cannot be trusted, he lies A LOT and he has very little credibility.    

And has no self awareness.  I mean, he and Squissy are about as close to brothers as anyone and even Squis knows Tim won't honor this commitment.  it's pathetic that he follows the same pattern over and over.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Thank you. This was the first of 3 reasons I am for doing this. Here are the other 2 reasons: 

2. The weapons we’re purchasing are being made in St Louis, Long Beach, Seattle. It’s a boon for our aerospace industry. Frankly I’d rather see the money going to them than to companies in Britain, France, Denmark, etc. 

3. Most important of all IMO: our role as the leader of NATO and the Free World. I’m not eager to give that up. 

Where do I fawking start? Let’s go with the United Nations first. We double to them over every country combined that we give monetarily wise. Which isn’t wise. An organization that allows Iran a vote on the council. The country that Obama paid a few BILLION in our cold hard money to play nice? And then laughed as all the other countries lined up to do the same. NATO is funded primarily from the USA. According to a commercial I heard just now, “One In four children are going hungry tonight.” OK then. Use all of the money and resources congress keeps every cycle on all of the percentages rates annually that goes beyond what any business could possibly afford using the crumbs from NATO.🫣

You came in and now are in hiding with a thread You started?. You bore me and are a fawking liar.Watch your back from now on. From now on, you are…

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, squistion said:

Timmy,

We have seen this movie and know how it ends.

In the PSF you set up your own General Malaise discussion type thread where people would come to you, while you agreed to stay out of all other political threads.

The problem was, only a few folks came to your vanity thread to discuss the topics you wanted to discuss, while there were heated discussions in other threads that you wanted to be a part of, but couldn't.

Ultimately, you found this unsatisfactory and went back to posting in all forum threads just as before, and there is no reason to believe that the same will not happen here. 

You’re right, it’s happened before. And it may again. But there is a little bit of a difference here. At FBG, with a very few exceptions, I enjoyed talking to everyone. Here it’s different: there is only a minority of people I enjoy talking to: about 5-6. The majority of people here either irritate or bore me. Sorry but it’s true. Hopefully that could change at some point; I’m open to it. But we’ll see. 

And that’s the last you’ll hear from me about my posting history, or what people think of me, or whatever. I meant what I wrote: I will discuss issues with folks who want to discuss them with me. Nothing else. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Where do I fawking start? Let’s go with the United Nations first. We double to them over every country combined that we give monetarily wise. Which isn’t wise. An organization that allows Iran a vote on the council. The country that Obama paid a few BILLION in our cold hard money to play nice? And then laughed as all the other countries lined up to do the same. NATO is funded primarily from the USA. According to a commercial I heard just now, “One In four children are going hungry tonight.” OK then. Use all of the money and resources congress keeps every cycle on all of the percentages rates annually that goes beyond what any business could possibly afford using the crumbs from NATO.🫣

I will respond later to this in detail. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

You came in and now are in hiding with a thread You started?. You bore me and are a fawking liar.Watch your back from now on. From now on, you are…

He better watch his back, why what would you do puzzy, slap with that left hand.  

26 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

And that’s the last you’ll hear from me about my posting history, or what people think of me, or whatever. I meant what I wrote: I will discuss issues with folks who want to discuss them with me. Nothing else. 

:lol:

Yeah, right. Bookmark this one for the eventual fail. 

How many glasses of wine with dinner?

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

He better watch his back, why what would you do puzzy, slap with that left hand.  

Yes. Go to the motel like that one that Jim Baker hero of yours did out by the airport and to an old  nasty hooker with the most disgusting front door entrance mat. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

The answer is no. And I’m prepared to discuss that issue as well in detail a little later. But I don’t think it has anything to do with Ukraine. 

it all has to do with giving away money WE DONT HAVE

6 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

it all has to do with giving away money WE DONT HAVE

US government has been doing that for a very long time, way before this war.