Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

2 hours ago, MDC said:

I’m not a big college ball guy so maybe Bowers is all that, but the history of 1st round TEs is pretty bad.

He's a stud. I'd have no problem drafting him 1.05  in a Rookie Dynasty Draft. He's not huge for a TE but powerful and a perfect route runner. He'll beat a LB every time. 

Denver trades Jeudy to Cleveland.  

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So they can trade now ? I know FA starts on the 13.

Denver seems to be in rebuild mode and Jeudy is decent but drops a lot of balls and know this from betting on him in player props last season.

On 3/6/2024 at 12:34 PM, kilroy69 said:

I need for the Lions to concentrate solely on defense. CB, S, CB, DE . If they plug those holes they can win a superbowl.

Not Safety. We have great safeties and not enough snaps for them. Even if they let the fine talent that is CJGJ walk, they still have Branch at Nickle, Iffy at Strong Safety and Kirby Joseph at Free Safety. 

Corners are a problem. They re-signed Moseley but I don't trust his knees. Hopefully he lasts more than two snaps this time.

Could also use O-Line depth. Maybe Vaitai can return at a discount. he plays well in the 2-3 games/year he plays. Better as a reserve.

53 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I like that for Cleveland. They basically gave up nothing. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

It is sort of nothing but hes playing on a 5th year.  So its not like hes theres necessarily.  They are close enough to good that I don't mind it at all for them.  If he plays ok then they have to overpay him to keep him next season.  

Not sure what I think of Juedy as a player.  Really liked him coming out of Bama but hes pretty meh.  Great route runner.  But not special physically.  And drops. 

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Not sure what I think of Juedy as a player.  Really liked him coming out of Bama but hes pretty meh.  Great route runner.  But not special physically.  And drops

I don't love Judy but they definitely needed something opposite of Cooper. In that regard I think it's worth a look see. 

You have to give Cleveland and Stefanski a lot of credit.  Even with that Watson trade and contract hanging around their necks and he doesn’t even play and losing Chubb they were a very competitive team last year. I was surprised they went out so easy. But the Flacco run dried up that day. 

The Lions could use maybe one big splash free agent at DE or CB. Otherwise keep doing what they're doing. With three successful drafts in a row, at some point all the underpaid young talent on these rookie contracts are going to need to be resigned.

• Like 1

:banana:

"Pat Mahomes contact will be the death of the Chi3fs" ~ fftoday geeks

:wrong:

55 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

"Pat Mahomes contact will be the death of the Chi3fs" ~ fftoday geeks

:wrong:

Who EXACTLY said that so we can call them out?

You can't quote someone without acknowledging that individual, that would be Irresponsible journalism. 

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Who EXACTLY said that so we can call them out?

You can't quote someone without acknowledging that individual, that would be Irresponsible journalism. 

@TBayXXXVII is one but there were others ;)

4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I take it back, he wasn't who I was recalling, unless there was a thread in the geek club where it was him :ninja:

The Mac Jones era has ended in New England. Traded to the Jaguars. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Now ask who gives a crap?? Nobody gives a rat's ass except for all 12 Chief fans and Swifties. 

12 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Now ask who gives a crap?? Nobody gives a rat's ass except for all 12 Chief fans and Swifties. 

I know, it's sad when everyone else is just chasing us :mellow:

According to ESPN’s Dan Graziano, the idea of Chicago receiving a second-round pick “no longer seems likely” thanks to a very limited trade market for his services. In fact, some NFL teams have reportedly informed the Bears’ front office that they aren’t sure if Fields is even “more of a sure thing” than free-agent quarterbacks like Sam Darnold and Drew Lock.

21 hours ago, Voltaire said:

The Lions could use maybe one big splash free agent at DE or CB. Otherwise keep doing what they're doing. With three successful drafts in a row, at some point all the underpaid young talent on these rookie contracts are going to need to be resigned.

I am happy with how they have drafted. That being said we were a few key pieces away from a SB last year.  Those pieces were DE and CB. Cam sutton is the worst football player I have ever seen and if we can d somehow replace that pos we would have a much better chance. 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

I am happy with how they have drafted. That being said we were a few key pieces away from a SB last year.  Those pieces were DE and CB. Cam sutton is the worst football player I have ever seen and if we can d somehow replace that pos we would have a much better chance. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sneed traded this week, maybe to the Lions. 

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sneed traded this week, maybe to the Lions. 

That would be really stupid. Shut down CB’s are not easy to find. 

Fletcher Cox retires, changing of the guard in Philly.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They can't afford him cause Mahomes won't take a Brady pay cut.

7 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

They can't afford him cause Mahomes won't take a Brady pay cut.

They need to make that work.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They need to make that work.  

I imagine somehow they can but think they tagged him for just trade value.

On 3/9/2024 at 2:38 PM, Maximum Overkill said:

They got nothing too. If he's not hurt, he's dropping passes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I cursed him a lot last year on prop bets, he did come through a few times when he was heavily targeted. Seems he really sucks at catching when he has to comeback for the ball.

32 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I've never been nor am I a Jeudy fan but at his age it's worth a look see. What's the risk? 

Someone who can stretch the field opposite of Cooper, can't be a bad thing. Elijah Moore blows 

18 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

According to ESPN’s Dan Graziano, the idea of Chicago receiving a second-round pick “no longer seems likely” thanks to a very limited trade market for his services. In fact, some NFL teams have reportedly informed the Bears’ front office that they aren’t sure if Fields is even “more of a sure thing” than free-agent quarterbacks like Sam Darnold and Drew Lock.

I'm struggling to understand this Fields thing.  if he is SOOOO great...(see USA Today article saying the Steelers should have taken him over Wilson) then why shouldn't he stay with the Bears and make them great?  It seems all these writers say Fields is the sh!t, just not in Chicago.

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Agreed so man that would be a huge grab for the Lions.   But I don't see it happening

12 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I'm struggling to understand this Fields thing.  if he is SOOOO great...(see USA Today article saying the Steelers should have taken him over Wilson) then why shouldn't he stay with the Bears and make them great?  It seems all these writers say Fields is the sh!t, just not in Chicago.

I really dont hear many people say hes great.  I see a lot of fans and fantasy players make excuses for him and think they should stick with him.  

If Bears had the 14th pick this year they probably would trot him out there 1 more year.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Swift to the Bears

Wow. Didn’t see that coming.  

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hes a solid player and Bears have money to waste.  But 24 mill fot 3 years?  Didnt see the guaranteed.   Swift is a solid player but ehhh

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Hes a solid player and Bears have money to waste.  But 24 mill fot 3 years?  Didnt see the guaranteed.   Swift is a solid player but ehhh

I was hoping the Eagles resigned him but that’s more than I’d have thought for a guy who’s had one healthy season. 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I was hoping the Eagles resigned him but that’s more than I’d have thought for a guy who’s had one healthy season. 

Never healthy.  And yeah he had a solid season last year...behind the best line and football.  

Teams like the Bears cant really overpay.  They have money to just waste.   

35 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

:thumbsup: