Sign in to follow this  
edjr

March Madness does nothing for me any more. Likely will not watch a single game

4 hours ago, thegeneral said:

I couldn’t imagine how stoked I’d be if I went there. 

he said his degree is from there, not necessarily that he went there. If it was a virtual degree or grad program, he may have never set foot on campus so I can't imagine caring.

Even if he did, it's possible he wouldn't care about their sports program regardless of "sports being ruined for him". 

I'm not really into college sports in general. I pay attention to march madness because it's a lot of fun but in general I have always cared way more about pro sports. 

On 3/22/2024 at 9:09 AM, edjr said:

Do they wrestle with broken freakin necks?

• Sad 1

I screwed up and went to a bar to eat which had the NC-MSU game on.  So I ended up seeing maybe 10 minutes of the NCAA tournament. 5 years ago, I would hatdly miss a time slot when a game was on. 

8 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Holy chit 

This Houston / AM game!!!!

generalpimpldoosh ghey. As usual. 

• Sad 1

I've been enjoying the women's tournament more.  Bigger names and rivalries.  Still having fun watching it all though.

9 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

generalpimpldoosh ghey. As usual. 

Seriously are you this insecure?

You need attention this badly?

Dude's posting in a hoops thread and you call him gay for like the hundredth time.

If you aren't a 12 year old boy,  then you've made some terrible life decisions to land you at this point boyo.

SAD

20 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I've been enjoying the women's tournament more.  Bigger names and rivalries.  Still having fun watching it all though.

How often during a game do you have to get up and change your sanitary napkin?

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

How often during a game do you have to get up and change your sanitary napkin?

Depends on how heavy the flow is.

50 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Dude's posting in a hoops thread and you call him gay for like the hundredth time.

If you aren't a 12 year old boy,  then you've made some terrible life decisions to land you at this point boyo.

SAD

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

SAD

Peefoam is an odd duck. I think this may be the only human interaction he gets ad well so he tends to lash out and be fanatical.

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Pee. It's what I drink.

generalpimpledoosh :doh:

9 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Peefoam is an odd duck. I think this may be the only human interaction he gets ad well so he tends to lash out and be fanatical.

And yet you respond to him nearly every time.  He owns you. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's too easy.

44 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I typically to everyone who responds to me. Even you and Peefoam.

Isn’t that the point of a message board

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I typically like pee.

Isn’t that the point of a having a boyfriend?

:blink:

It's 9:18 and the game still hasn't started.  Jeebus, it makes me long for the days when basketball games were tape delayed until primetime.  :wall:

I DVRd the game and was hoping to watch today.   

Had like 3 emails in my yahoo email congratulating the winners. :mad: 

It did something for me. It’s gonna be a good summer!  If anyone asks where I got it I’ll say playing craps in Vegas. 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

I DVRd the game and was hoping to watch today.   

Had like 3 emails in my yahoo email congratulating the winners. :mad: 

You didn't expect that to happen?  🤣

Today, if you record ANY sporting event, you have to disassociate yourself from society completely, or you will see or hear the results from somewhere.

This UConn team might be the most dominating college team since the UCLA teams in the 60's and 70's.  If you missed any UConn game in the tournament, you missed out on absolute greatness and total domination.  There is no offensive game that any team can play, that UConn either... can't do better or forces you to not be able to execute it.  Then, on defense, you don't have enough talent to stop them.  UConn has 5 guys that'll drop 20+ on you on any given night.  All of them are good to great scorers and rebounders.  All 5 of their players pass.  All 5 of their players can move with and without the ball.  All 5 of their players can rebound.  Oh, and when Clingan comes out and Johnson comes in... nothing changes.  When Castle, Newton, or Spencer comes out and Diarra comes in, nothing changes.  They're 7 players deep that any 5-man combination on the floor at one time, is better than what every other team has.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You didn't expect that to happen?  🤣

Today, if you record ANY sporting event, you have to disassociate yourself from society completely, or you will see or hear the results from somewhere.

Well I don't do any social media. This is where I usually get my news :d 

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

Well I don't do any social media. This is where I usually get my news :d 

Me either, but between the radio, email (as you saw), and just generic alerts from apps on your phone, you can avoid hearing results from major sporting events. 

21 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

The tourny was pretty boring

You must not have watched any UConn games.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I enjoyed watching the Women's tourney more.

Which does your husband prefer?

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I enjoyed watching the Women's tourney more.

Well, you wouldn’t have if Iowa wasn’t in it. 

i’m not sure what people wanted from the men’s tournament. Did you have upsets? Yes….did you have top seeds advancing to the end? Yes, did you have premier players in the finals? Yes, did you have a Cinderella in the final four? Yes, did you have a legendary team win it? Yes 

now would I have liked to seen a closer final? Yes but what can you do. Connecticut was really really really good.

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

i’m not sure what people wanted from the men’s tournament. Did you have upsets? Yes….did you have top seeds advancing to the end? Yes, did you have premier players in the finals? Yes, did you have a Cinderella in the final four? Yes, did you have a legendary team win it? Yes 

now would I have liked to seen a closer final? Yes but what can you do. Connecticut was really really really good.

The men's tourney was fine but I have little interest outside of pools and betting on games.  They just don't seem to have the major stars right now, other than Edey maybe.  I feel like the women have had bigger names the last few years.  Having them play for 4 years helps a lot I think.

Obviously being an Iowa fan helps but I watched a lot of other games throughout the year.  I watched when teams like SC and LSU played.  I'm use to watching women's basketball though.  My wife coaches and I know a lot of other coaches so I'm more familiar with it.

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

Which does your husband prefer?

I remember when those jokes use to be funny.  I don't think it works well anymore as the product the women put out has gotten better.

5 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Just seemed like a ton of blow outs or at least very handled games.  Were there some good games?  Sure...there are a million games.  But didn't seem like near as many great games as usual.   Out of the 7 games from elite 8 on there was like 1 decsnt game.  

I also didnt find many teams that compelling.   

Edey is like top player.  I watched him airball a foul shot on Easter.  

Meh

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I remember when those jokes use to be funny.  I don't think it works well anymore as the product the women put out has gotten better.

It must have been really bad.  I watched some.of the iowa lsu game.  Clark is good and fun to watch.  The rest of the girls out there?  Meh.  Watching them all stand under the basket teying to grab rebounds reminds me of watching little kids play basketball.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The men's tourney was fine but I have little interest outside of pools and betting on games.  They just don't seem to have the major stars right now, other than Edey maybe.  I feel like the women have had bigger names the last few years.  Having them play for 4 years helps a lot I think.

Obviously being an Iowa fan helps but I watched a lot of other games throughout the year.  I watched when teams like SC and LSU played.  I'm use to watching women's basketball though.  My wife coaches and I know a lot of other coaches so I'm more familiar with it.

Yeah, that’s been my argument is that you had almost a perfect storm of Clark with what she was doing individually, South Carolina being undefeated and Paige who everyone has talked about for years and years. Be curious to see if that transfers going forward or not when they are gone. My hunch is no, but what do I know? 

Womens final beat mens final in ratings.

3 things

Clark was good for.womens basketball.  Shes a star.  

Running the college finals both football and basketball on Monday at 925 start time east coast is insane.   

The mens tourny wasnt that gripping.   

You're such a hipster contrarian, ed. Don't like March Madness. Don't like eclipses. 

6 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You're such a hipster contrarian, ed. Don't like March Madness. Don't like eclipses. 

I used to be a lot into college basketball.  Still enjoy the game.   Seemed like a meh tourny.   Nothing that compelling.   NC ST was a nice lil story but they aren't some mid major.  Just all around, the names arent there.  The games, half the time were totally handled by 1 side.  Always get your set of dogs early.  Just seemed like the number of good to really good games was very light this year.   

Edey is this star.  Hes very tall.  I seen the guy air ball a FT on Easter.  What is going on?   How can I shlt on the womens game and not shlt on that?

Ed is hip

11 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Me either, but between the radio, email (as you saw), and just generic alerts from apps on your phone, you can avoid hearing results from major sporting events. 

I tried to watch a Thursday night NFL game replay on NFL network later that night that they replay and the first thing I see is the bottom ticker showing the score. awful. After that I found streameast and I watch live ever since.

One Shining Moment song and highlights was great as always. They showed the Huskers twice, which was really cool as a Nebraska fan.

13 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I tried to watch a Thursday night NFL game replay on NFL network later that night that they replay and the first thing I see is the bottom ticker showing the score. awful. After that I found streameast and I watch live ever since.

Yeah, always boggled my mind why they did that.  LOL