Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Police Fitness Tests Have Reached A New Low

Not sure why anyone would want to be a po po in 2024.

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

Not sure why anyone would want to be a po po in 2024.

Cause of this...

Great movie. Great era for movies. Too bad good movies stopped around 2008

Why would anyone be a cop?  They have to lower the standards just to get people to show up.   What a miserable thankless job.  Teachers will be in the same boat.

Not sure what the clip is about, but back in the day, fitness and cognitive requirements for becoming a police officer were lowered because not enough minorities and women could pass them.  The result was a small handful of women and minorities got jobs but a huge amount of bad white people did too.  The thing is, when you lower requirements to give more opportunity to lesser qualified people, the net result is a substantial increase in people you don't want, getting in.

The bare minimum for police officer fitness should be the ability to throw a terrorist out of the Nakatomi Tower

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Why would anyone be a cop?  They have to lower the standards just to get people to show up.   What a miserable thankless job.  Teachers will be in the same boat.

From a New Jersey perspective, because I don't know about other states, teaching is the racquet.  You get to be a part-time employee, make full-time wages, an awesome pension, awesome medical benefits, and you still get to complain about how little you make.

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

The bare minimum for police officer fitness should be the ability to throw a terrorist out of the Nakatomi Tower

QFT

• Thanks 1

Not only fitness tests, but parents are literally teaching VERY VERY young children that ALL cops are b@stards. 

I saw a recent FB post that parents won't let their children watch Paw Patrol. A cartoon about little doggies and kittens that are cops. These are toddlers being told that LEOs, or any uniformed person really is bad. 

Why would you want to be a cop knowing that the future generations are being taught that you're not there to help anyone ever at all? 

24 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Honcho gets it!  :thumbsup:

The goal of defund the police, lower standards, not prosecuting criminals, etc. is a national police force.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

From a New Jersey perspective, because I don't know about other states, teaching is the racquet.  You get to be a part-time employee, make full-time wages, an awesome pension, awesome medical benefits, and you still get to complain about how little you make.

Ohio has none of that...that was ohio 30yrs ago...now retirement sucks...no health care.  Btw..teachers are contract employees...not salaried.  We choose to spread our contracted pay out over 26 installments.

3 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Ohio has none of that...that was ohio 30yrs ago...now retirement sucks...no health care.  Btw..teachers are contract employees...not salaried.  We choose to spread our contracted pay out over 26 installments.

You need to move to NJ.

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Maybe I'll apply for a teaching job in New Jersey. Do I have to wear clown makeup and dress like Cardi B to meet the dress code requirements?

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Maybe I'll apply for a teaching job in New Jersey. Do I have to wear clown makeup and dress like Cardi B to meet the dress code requirements?

You will have to actively meet the quota of getting 5 male children a year to want to be girls. 

On large police departments you could always hide the mostly useless female cops and other slackers inside. Now those departments are overrun with them and there’s not enough inside spots to hide them anymore. 

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

You should, but the cost of living up here is pretty crappy.

From what I hear, you just have to teach, but accept that you don't have an opinion when it comes to the union.  It's the liberal agenda all the way.  

In Leticia James' New York, they just recycle these guys back onto the street where the general public and police have to deal with them over and over and over again. Meanwhile, a guy who did nothing wrong but belongs to a political party she doesn't like gets her full attention.

Oh well. Diversity is our strength. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 4:06 PM, Cloaca du jour said:

Cops have become to the left what teachers have become to the right. Some bad apples that ruin it for all the good ones but the loud idiots on the side against them yell loud enough and post enough stupid videos that they can get people to buy into the ideas they want to sell.

Clearly it works for both sides to create some fake big bad. 

23 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Cops have become to the left what teachers have become to the right. Some bad apples that ruin it for all the good ones but the loud idiots on the side against them yell loud enough and post enough stupid videos that they can get people to buy into the ideas they want to sell.

Clearly it works for both sides to create some fake big bad. 

Politicians too. Other than Rand Paul, name a good politician