Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Another Win Against DEI

23 minutes ago, RLLD said:

We sought to end the behavior....not continue it.....   we saw it as wrong, and corrected course.....now we should go back to it? No thank you.

Link to seeking to end that behavior when it benefited whites only?  I must have been asleep when that happened.

9 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

That is exactly what it is. I have worked in recruiting for many years now and I can 100 percent assure you that DEI is a cover for anti white policies. I have had a hiring manager look at me and tell me they are looking for someone "that does not look like you" looking like you being a white male.  I had one HM reject any candidate that was white. No matter the skill level. I am being told to "focus on dei candidates" which is a code for do not hire white people. The liberals out there will tell you that is not what DEI is intended for. However that is absolutely what happens in practice.  

There is nothing wrong with expanding the list of candidates, opening doors, etc.  That's not illegal and it's commendable.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

There is nothing wrong with expanding the list of candidates, opening doors, etc.  That's not illegal and it's commendable.

It is not expanding the list of candidates. It is subtracting white people. These 2 are very different things and what YOU are trying to pass off is why DEI is so dangerous. It seems like a great idea to expand the candidates. IFFFF that is what happens. Which is not. 

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Look at this guy. Ignoring what he's describing.

2 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

It is not expanding the list of candidates. It is subtracting white people. These 2 are very different things. 

Maybe you should be a whistleblower.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Voltaire said:

Look at this guy. Ignoring what he's describing.

Is this even English?

I hope Gutterboys kids get denied opportunities because of their skin color. 

9 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Link to seeking to end that behavior when it benefited whites only?  I must have been asleep when that happened.

I do not understand your question, we sought to end the practice, not return to it :dunno:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's hard to get picked from a crowd when you're only 4'2" as it is.  

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well I guess this is better then you hoping they get raped.  You've become much nicer.

44 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Well I guess this is better then you hoping they get raped.  You've become much nicer.

More deceit. It’s what your kind do. 

2 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Cultist:  DEI is evil and gives jobs to unqualified people based solely on the color of their skin

Also Cultist:  The system worked when 90% of the top jobs in the country across all industries were white men.  We know that only the most qualified people were hired because only white people are qualified for these jobs.  How else could you explain 90% of the jobs going to 35% of the country?  It's clear that white men are the most qualified for any top job.

Cultis be so dumb...SMH

You're right that the c-suite is a good ole boys club, but all dei does is replace one bias with another.

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Affirmative action?

The Rooney Rule?

The sponsorship of minority based networking groups.

At my company, there has been a rotation program that trained young engineers for management.  They didn't say they were excluding white males, but when they post the group photo every year, it's clear they're excluding white males... Unless we think there isn't a single white male in a yearly class of 50 that is qualified for the program.

I've been on recruiting trips for 20 years where we were given clear direction to seek out minority candidates.  They even counted up the groups in the car leaving.  "Ok, there were 8 hispanic males, 4 Hispanic women.  6 African American males...."

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

More deceit. It’s what your kind do. 

caught me.  You're still a piece of sh1t.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

caught me.  You're still a piece of sh1t.

Says the POS.  :doh:

Jesus Christ, dude.  Your reputation precedes you.  You're known around here as the forum's #1 POS and that's not even debatable.  You pointing fingers is hilarious!  :lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, nobody said:

Affirmative action?

The Rooney Rule?

The sponsorship of minority based networking groups.

At my company, there has been a rotation program that trained young engineers for management.  They didn't say they were excluding white males, but when they post the group photo every year, it's clear they're excluding white males... Unless we think there isn't a single white male in a yearly class of 50 that is qualified for the program.

I've been on recruiting trips for 20 years where we were given clear direction to seek out minority candidates.  They even counted up the groups in the car leaving.  "Ok, there were 8 hispanic males, 4 Hispanic women.  6 African American males...."

What is crazy is they do not even hide it. They have no shame at all in what they are doing. When asked about it they are honest and up front. They simply do not care who you bring in as long as it is not a white male or an Indian male.  They use the guise of DEI to discriminate under another name.  I worked for an online therapy place  where I was literally the only straight white male out of 20 people in the recruiting department. They  told me that all I was to look for were women. Did not matter how good the male applicants were I was to reject them outright. Never even got to the recruiter screen. The funny part is that  the women that got to the end round interview were creeped out by their founder and typically bailed at that point. 

I think what people don't quite get is that the DEI and woke agendas kind of told on themselves.  They regularly say that straight white men (and usually white people in general) suck.  And then that's not racist because white people have power and minorities don't.  

But think about that.  Your team has open disdain for me because I'm a straight white male.  You clearly are going to be biased against me when you have power.  Why would I be motivated to support your bid for power?

And this bears out over and over again.  If your crew is going to be biased, why is that better than straight white male bias?  

By the way, I'm ugly and the bias against ugly people is universal from every group so maybe we should only put ugly people in positions of power?

• Like 1

Three years ago, my company came out and stated that within 5 years, a certain percentage (45%, I think) of executive level employees would be women or POC. This can only be achieved by firing white males and hiring others accordingly, credentials be damned.

Also, every job posted needs to have a "diverse" pool of interviewees, as well as a "diverse" panel of interviewers. Every time I have to interview a candidate, this same girl has to sit in on it. She knows why she's there. She rolls her eyes and says "I'm only here because I'm female".

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Three years ago, my company came out and stated that within 5 years, a certain percentage (45%, I think) of executive level employees would be women or POC. This can only be achieved by firing white males and hiring others accordingly, credentials be damned.

Also, every job posted needs to have a "diverse" pool of interviewees, as well as a "diverse" panel of interviewers. Every time I have to interview a candidate, this same girl has to sit in on it. She knows why she's there. She rolls her eyes and says "I'm only here because I'm female".

What is funny to me is the fact that HR will insist that they need a diverse set of candidates and interviewees and then have 80 percent of their HR made up of women. No diversity at all. But they sure as hell push it. 

5 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

That's kinda the point.  You can't give someone a job based on their color.

And let's not even start on history and how people have gotten jobs through cronyism and nepotism.

Stephen Spedly Belichick - totally earned his job as DC with the Patriots :doh: 

21 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

What is funny to me is the fact that HR will insist that they need a diverse set of candidates and interviewees and then have 80 percent of their HR made up of women. No diversity at all. But they sure as hell push it. 

We have a DEI group within HR that started 3 or so years ago. It started out with 6 or 7 people,  now it's up to 13. There's probably about $3 million in combined salaries in that group. Complete waste...Oh, and there's one white woman and one white man in the group (and I'm pretty sure the guy is gay).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

And you are in an engineering/tech firm.  Which brings up a big problem with such goals -- the underlying feeder group doesn't support them.  There is nothing close to 45% women or POC in engineering, let alone engineering management, to support those goals.  So you end up with a diverse C Suite of supporting staff -- HR, legal, finance -- to make the numbers work.

Earlier Gutter made a comment about already having 4 white male SCOTUS justices.  Guess what?   Most lawyers are white males (88% are white, 63% male).  A higher percentage of federal judges are white males.

https://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/administrative/news/2020/07/potlp2020.pdf

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jerryskids said:

And you are in an engineering/tech firm.  Which brings up a big problem with such goals -- the underlying feeder group doesn't support them.  There is nothing close to 45% women or POC in engineering, let alone engineering management, to support those goals.  So you end up with a diverse C Suite of supporting staff -- HR, legal, finance -- to make the numbers work.

Well, not an engineering firm, but a science-based company, life sciences specifically, so there are far more scientists than engineers. There is definitely a higher percentage of women compared to engineering, but your point still holds. You can't artificially manufacture a specific ratio for your high level management without passing over more qualified people.

23 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

It's ok as long as it's not illegal, yes, that's the general rule of society.

If he said he wanted another white man, still not illegal, correct.  Morally wrong, yes, because I believe in fairness.

Its morally wrong if he said he was going to nominate a white male.  Yet its fine he said hes going to nominate a black female. 

Lol you cant make this up.  Holy hell.

Then says yea ive made countless racist posts over the years but it was all in fun.  

Wow, Gutter is more of a joke than I had originally thought.  

What a wishy washy brain he had inside that thick skull.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Its morally wrong if he said he was going to nominate a white male.  Yet its fine he said hes going to nominate a black female. 

Then says yea ive made countless racist posts over the years but it was all in fun.  

I'm sorry that you as a white male feel threatened.  The truth is that white men have dominated this country this the beginning.  I don't have a problem with other races/genders/classes achieving positions of power or status.  It's your insecurity here.

And no I haven't made countless racist posts, stop lying.

19 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Same here. So glad I left that woke POS company. 

15 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm sorry that you as a white male feel threatened.  The truth is that white men have dominated this country this the beginning.  I don't have a problem with other races/genders/classes achieving positions of power or status.  It's your insecurity here.

You kept count?

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

You kept count?

No, but I'm sure someone could count them if they wanted to.

26 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I have a 7 year old white male. He hasn’t dominated anything. Yet weak men like you are ok with holding him accountable, which is hilarious seeing as you weren’t. JuT a weak man looking for attention and validation. What a loser. 

• Like 1

I cannot believe the racist OP sh#tbag got away with posting a thread wondering why Black people aren't falling in line.  

The OP is f'n racist to the core.  Unbelievable.

30 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Tell me you know nothing about history without telling me you know nothing about history.  :doh:

38 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

"Racism is okay as long as my side is doing it"   :doh:

This is what we're fighting against - a cult.  A cult of people who have been brainwashed into thinking things that aren't actually happening ARE happening, science only works when it supports their agenda and you can't be racist against white people.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have a 7 year old white male. He hasn’t dominated anything. Yet weak men like you are ok with holding him accountable, which is hilarious seeing as you weren’t. JuT a weak man looking for attention and validation. What a loser. 

I never brought up your kid, what the fock are you talking about? 

27 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

"Racism is okay as long as my side is doing it"   :doh:

This is what we're fighting against - a cult.  A cult of people who have been brainwashed into thinking things that aren't actually happening ARE happening, science only works when it supports their agenda and you can't be racist against white people.

Correct. Someone was mean to a black man years ago....so YOU must pay today.....honestly.....fock them..... poosays for thinking like that....

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You guys like how he doublespeaks all the time. 

58 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

He is saying:  why should my 7 yr old son be held accountable for the past dominance of white males?

Probably a stupid question for the GC, but what are these DEI departments doing that we don’t like? 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Probably a stupid question for the GC, but what are these DEI departments doing that we don’t like? 

DEI is just another name for "no white males allowed" policies.  It is discrimination paraded around as being equity.   

5 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

DEI is just another name for "no white males allowed" policies.  It is discrimination paraded around as being equity.   

I doubt that’s true. 

21 minutes ago, MDC said:

I doubt that’s true. 

I have  witnessed it with my own two eyes. I have literally had a female hiring manager look at me  and say "we are looking for people who do not look...like you. And then she used her finger to circle her face to make it a point of emphasis what she was talking about. I have been a recruiter for over 10 years now and believe me when I say this 100 percent happens..all the time. It may not be as blatant as my example but it is there. Always.  If you CHOOSE not to believe this go ahead. Weather you believe or not. This is how DEI works in the real world  

My favorite part of the BS that IS dei? The HR department and the recruiter you talk to about a job will tell you how important DEI is with a straight face. When you ask them what % of their HR department and Recruiters are male they fall silent. 80 percent of HR is female and 71 percent of recruiters. So they  do not even practice what they preach. It is a good ol girls club.