Sign in to follow this  
MDC

The ***OFFICIAL*** NFL draft thread

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Cousin's fourth snap this year could be like rodger's fourth snap last year.  Penix may see the field quite soon.  Still, if the Falcons wanted Penix I don't know how they did not engineer a trade down of at least a few slots, but maybe their was no grading partner to be had.

If this is in their head why even bother going to get Cousins and give him 100 mill guaranteed?  If you look at Cousins as old and fragile why would you be like hey you!  We want to give you 100 mill?  

Its bizarre.   Cousins hasnt even played a snap for ATL and they are already planning for his exit.  Its all time hilarious.   If they liked Penix then why mot go grab a stop gap QB?  Then pick him?  And save yourself millions and millions of dollars?  

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

If this is in their head why even bother going to get Cousins and give him 100 mill guaranteed?  If you look at Cousins as old and fragile why would you be like hey you!  We want to give you 100 mill?  

Its bizarre.   Cousins hasnt even played a snap for ATL and they are already planning for his exit.  Its all time hilarious.   If they liked Penix then why mot go grab a stop gap QB?  Then pick him?  And save yourself millions and millions of dollars?  

Agreed, strikes me as strange.  Maybe they can still work out a trade with ther Raiders.

ATL been doing some goofy things.  Top 5 TE. Top 10 RB.  This Penix thing.  

They have no idea what they are doing.  

Pat’s should probably go OL at the top of the second. Love Powers-Johnson’s nastiness but OT is definitely the bigger need.

Love Mitchell at WR and Sanders looks like the kind of TE a young QB would love to have. 

Of course, maybe you can’t pass on Dejean if he’s there. Personally I wonder if Dejean doesn’t get swallowed up a bit at the next level but really it’s just that secondary is not a need at all for NE. Love Cooper at LB and Newton a real prospect at DT. But they need offense offense offense.

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Pat’s should probably go OL at the top of the second. Love Powers-Johnson’s nastiness but OT is definitely the bigger need.

Love Mitchell at WR as well and Sanders looks like the kind of TE a young QB would love to have. 

Of course, maybe you can’t pass on Dejean if he’s there. Also love Cooper at LB. But they need offense offense offense.

They should draft mckonkey.  

How many white people were drafted in the 1st round? When is the ACLU going to do something about DEI and this travesty?

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Love the Packers having more picks than the rest of their division tonight.  Time to make hay while the sun is shining.

Read that one too.  Packer have like 10 more picks.  Rest of NFC North has 13 combined.  Packers have 4 today.   Rest of division has 2 today combined.  

Hell yea

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

They should draft mckonkey.  

I prefer Mitchell or even the guy out of Oregon

22 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

ATL been doing some goofy things.  Top 5 TE. Top 10 RB.  This Penix thing.  

They have no idea what they are doing.  

Belichick knew to run away

The Giants need a CB but I’d be on the phone with the Raiders trying to get Mayer. 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I prefer Mitchell or even the guy out of Oregon

I think McConkey is going to be really solid.  Unsure on the 2 you mentioned.  AD has skills but is immature.   Franklin I think got overrated.  But who knows.  

14 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I think McConkey is going to be really solid.  Unsure on the 2 you mentioned.  AD has skills but is immature.   Franklin I think got overrated.  But who knows.  

Mitchell can get open. He’s got those quick twitch moves you gotta have to be elite at the NFL level. I’m very high on him.

Franklin a distant second for me but he’s explosive.

McConkey, I could certainly be wrong on, but I see a guy who may struggle to really shine when he’s not getting several yards of separation on a regular basis, like you won’t in the NFL.

Man, the Chiefs receiver room is fast AF

Hollywood: 4.27 - 40

Worthy: 4.21 - 40

Rice: 119 MPH

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Mitchell can get open. He’s got those quick twitch moves you gotta have to be elite at the NFL level. I’m very high on him.

Franklin a distant second for me but he’s explosive.

McConkey, I could certainly be wrong on, but I see a guy who may struggle to really shine when he’s not getting several yards of separation on a regular basis, like you won’t in the NFL.

Mcconkey is up there with the best separators in this class.  Maybe the best.  Elite route running.  Elite suddenness.   

some of these teams need to think about how they can start sh1tting the bed for the 2025 season so they can get Arch Manning.

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Man, the Chiefs receiver room is fast AF

Hollywood: 4.27 - 40

Worthy: 4.21 - 40

Rice: 119 MPH

2 will probably be in jail before the season starts :clap:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

You're blocked again.   And you're still an idiot. 

Name calling again, congressman? 😆

I heard the Falcons reasoning was: they had Penix as their #2qb, close to Daniel's at the top. They think they'll be better this year with Cousins so future picks will be later in the first round, not leaving a chance to get a future franchise qb. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I heard the Falcons reasoning was: they had Penix as their #2qb, close to Daniel's at the top. They think they'll be better this year with Cousins so future picks will be later in the first round, not leaving a chance to get a future franchise qb. :dunno:

They think the second best QB in the draft is going to be happy to ride the pine indefinitely?

9 hours ago, MDC said:

You wanted Mitchell more than Arnold?

QM’s measurable are exciting but the lack of top flight competition at Toledo is a small concern.

I did. His combine sold me. I am happy with Arnold also though . As long as they went CB it was all good. I would have been happy with Arnold, Kool Aide and Dejean. Any of them were fine for me. They should go marrsawn kneeland or Chris braswell next and bring in someone who can help Hutchinson 

The iggles took Dejean. They did a great job of shoring up their DBs

12 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I did. His combine sold me. I am happy with Arnold also though . As long as they went CB it was all good. I would have been happy with Arnold, Kool Aide and Dejean. Any of them were fine for me. They should go marrsawn kneeland or Chris braswell next and bring in someone who can help Hutchinson 

Thanks.

Cant believe Philly landed Cooper too. I have questions about the Eagles but they vastly improved the secondary.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MDC said:

Thanks.

Cant believe Philly landed Cooper too. I have questions about the Eagles but they vastly improved the secondary.

The Eagles landed the #1 & 2 CBs in the draft. LETS GO HOWIE!!!!

Chiefs killing it

4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Chiefs killing it

Eagles Won. The 2 best CBs in the draft! 

Trick please! 

Belichick hanging out with Pat McAfee is entertaining to me. 

10 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Eagles Won. The 2 best CBs in the draft! 

Trick please! 

And the Chiefs will continue finding high end talent for the secondary in later rounds that helps them maintain a top 10 defense and win more super bowls :dunno:

19 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Watched a bit. 

Question:

Are there any White People in Detroit?

I mean really no. Downtown is at least KINDA safe. If you go to a game or the draft the cops are out in full force so you are a little safer. If you HAVE to go to detroit as a white person you should really remember it is a sundown town for white people. You need to be gone by dark.  You stand out like a glow worm at night. 

4 picks down in the first 3 rounds by the Cowboys, Left Tackle, Edge, Guard, Linebacker. Dallas apparently plans to have the worst running backs in the league. They're negotiating a contract with Zeke Elliott. 

43 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

And the Chiefs will continue finding high end talent for the secondary in later rounds that helps them maintain a top 10 defense and win more super bowls :dunno:

I'm busting your chops but the Worthy pick was a great pick by them. It's confusing to me what Buffalo is up to. Are they trying to suck? 

28 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I'm busting your chops but the Worthy pick was a great pick by them. It's confusing to me what Buffalo is up to. Are they trying to suck? 

It's hard to tell if any of these picks will ever pan out.  Makes it fun for everyone who didn't end up where the Chiefs did at the end of the year. 

I'd sort of like to see the Packers consolidate a few of their late round picks to move up a bit and add another 4th round pick.  I believe they have more volume than they can use.  I'd like to see some more beef.  Maybe a guard and a D.T.

27 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I'd sort of like to see the Packers consolidate a few of their late round picks to move up a bit and add another 4th round pick.  I believe they have more volume than they can use.  I'd like to see some more beef.  Maybe a guard and a D.T.

Or sometimes when that's the case trading for better value next year can also be helpful and give you more ammo to make moves the following year. 

I remember the older drafts where fans sometimes boo their teams picks. These fans at this one can't wait to cheer and  scream no matter who their team takes. They could announce the name Adolph Hitler and they would cheer like crazy.

Ps. my Steelers are killing the draft, also like what the Eagles are doing grabbing both CB's even if it cost them in the one trade.

6 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Or sometimes when that's the case trading for better value next year can also be helpful and give you more ammo to make moves the following year. 

Should have traded away the 165 lb pick. Oh well, you still got the stand up human who put lives in danger for his own jollies. What's his name rash ricee? Or something like that? But you as a "governor" love the guy because you like sports in your town. That's some high level quality character you have. 

1 hour ago, double tour said:

Should have traded away the 165 lb pick. Oh well, you still got the stand up human who put lives in danger for his own jollies. What's his name rash ricee? Or something like that? But you as a "governor" love the guy because you like sports in your town. That's some high level quality character you have. 

Andy Reid doesn't draft for character, never has and never will. Seriously, look at his record. He raised 2 drug addict Sons, one dead and the other is a career criminal. 

9 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Watched a bit. 

Question:

Are there any White People in Detroit?

@patweisers44 was the last one