The Real timschochet

“I Can’t Breathe” Yet another black man dies at the hands of police

14 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Its been 32 years now since Daryl Gates was Chief in L.A.  Time to put away the narrative from 3 decades ago.  If matters are as Tim alleges they are the LAPD would be under several federal consent degrees right now.

to my memory it has been around 15 years since they last were undr a consent decree, one which lasted a dozen years.

Look it wasn’t my intention to spread some kind of “narrative”. I related what happened to a friend of mine. To be fair this incident occurred over 20 years ago so I will concede the possibility that things have changed in Los Angeles. I live in Orange County and I am not there as often as I used to be. 
But I do know that among black friends of mine the perception is still there that the police cannot be trusted. I find that so sad. I’ve never once had to fear police. I have some close friends who are police and I’m grateful to them. I generally “back the Blue” and I have donated my time and money to local police charity functions. But I‘m not black or Latino and I believe my perspective would be different if I were, justifiably so. 

9 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

but again this isn’t the situation where a black dude gets pulled over by a cop, follows instructions and behaves. Doesn’t resist and gets shot.  Cause those stories don’t exist. 

On 4/27/2024 at 7:07 AM, TimHauck said:

Another L.  Not a good thread for you.

30 pct of the LAPD are white. Less than that are white males.  

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Look it wasn’t my intention to spread some kind of “narrative”. I related what happened to a friend of mine. To be fair this incident occurred over 20 years ago so I will concede the possibility that things have changed in Los Angeles.

So when you said:

This last one I personally witnessed a few years back- 

You were LYING just as @supermike80 said.  And that's assuming it happened at all. 

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Another L.  Not a good thread for you.

That’s one I’ll give you. Again didn’t have anything to do with race. Cop saw him reach towards the car and acted quickly.  Keep trying 

id call this a lack of knowing what to do by this kid.  If you need to go into your car to retrieve something you tell the officer and ask

1 minute ago, Strike said:

So when you said:

You were LYING just as @supermike80 said.  And that's assuming it happened at all. 

No. When you get to be my age a few years ago and 20 years ago is not that far apart. It was around 2004, seems like yesterday. Weak of you to call me a liar but that’s the sort of thing you do. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

No. When you get to be my age a few years ago and 20 years ago is not that far apart. It was around 2004, seems like yesterday. Weak of you to call me a liar but that’s the sort of thing you do. 

You lie all the freaking time. When you die, no one will miss you. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

That’s one I’ll give you. Again didn’t have anything to do with race. Cop saw him reach towards the car and acted quickly.  Keep trying 

So you think he shoots a white guy for reaching for his license which is exactly what he asked him to do?

On 4/26/2024 at 11:48 AM, Engorgeous George said:

One way to reduce these deaths would be for suspects to not fight with law enforcement.  

7 pages and the answer was in the 7th post. 

Take My Breath Away- Berlin was one of th better ballads of the 80’s. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Fock you.  I'm older than you.  20 years is NEVER a "few" years. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

Fock you.  I'm older than you.  20 years is NEVER a "few" years. 

George Bush was running for re-election 20 years ago. No one would ever think that was a few years ago. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’ve never once had to fear police. 

Everyone should fear the police, though it’s typically not the uniformed patrol officers who are the problem.  Make no mistake, though— you have every reason to fear interaction with the police.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

Everyone should fear the police, though it’s typically not the uniformed patrol officers who are the problem.  Make no mistake, though— you have every reason to fear interaction with the police.

Lack of emotional control.  Endeth the lesson.

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

So you think he shoots a white guy for reaching for his license which is exactly what he asked him to do?

yes possibly, its happened

apparently you have never learned how to deal with cops, I have

when a cop says give me your license, your response is ok, its in my car right there can I get it, or its in my back pocket

40 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

when a cop says give me your license, your response is ok, its in my car right there can I get it, or its in my back pocket

You’re not black, right? If you’re not then forgive me but your experiences with police are totally irrelevant (as our mine.) The whole point is that they don’t treat everyone the same. 

5 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

If you get pulled over you should have your license and registration ready to hand over before the cop gets to your vehicle. Do it while he’s running your plate. 
As a white male I had run ins with the police and was fearful during my late teens before I matured. Know why? Because I was breaking the law regularly. Spent a night in jail too.  Not a single issue in the last 25 years despite being pulled over numerous times. It’s not complicated. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Strike said:

So when you said:

Color me shocked

18 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yes. That is exactly what happened. 

I don’t doubt that something happened, and you witnessed it,  but there’s still details left out.  First, if there was a crime committed in the area, a detention was reasonable.  What’s the CA state law on time for detention during an investigation?  If a black man was described as the perp, is it racist to detain a black man?

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

You’re not black, right? If you’re not then forgive me but your experiences with police are totally irrelevant (as our mine.) The whole point is that they don’t treat everyone the same. 

My brother was a cop for 25 years.  He said he treats thugs the same way, regardless of race.  When on the roads, you know people specifically by name, you know exactly who they are.  Those people are treated differently because of track record.  Yes, they tend to be black more often than not, but that's because of those people's actions where police are needed, not the police injecting themselves into people's private lives.

Maybe these folks should stop acting liking feral street vermin.  Ever think of that? 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Bs. I’ve been pulled over at gun point more often than the avg black man

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Bs. I’ve been pulled over at gun point more often than the avg black man

At gun point?  Seems unlikely, but O.K.  Care to share the specifics?

Last night in North Carolina - 8 cops shot, 4 killed, 1 more on life support - while serving a warrant.  Congrats Libtards.

6 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

You must be tired from all the goal post moving you’ve done in this thread.

8 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

At gun point?  Seems unlikely, but O.K.  Care to share the specifics?

3 times in my life my vehicle has been identified with another crime. 2 of them were armed robbery and the 3rd was a domestic abuse with a weapons charge.  I fit the description of vehicle and race. How dare they prejudge me

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

You must be tired from all the goal post moving you’ve done in this thread.

You must be tired for constantly making everything about race when it’s always about circumstances 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Last night in North Carolina - 8 cops shot, 4 killed, 1 more on life support - while serving a warrant.  Congrats Libtards.

The usual suspects 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The usual suspects 

The convicted felon / cop killer was black.

The four dead cops were all white.

Strange.

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

3 times in my life my vehicle has been identified with another crime. 2 of them were armed robbery and the 3rd was a domestic abuse with a weapons charge.  I fit the description of vehicle and race. How dare they prejudge me

I have found in life that those things which are statistically unlike to happen which are good do not happen, but those things which are statistically unlikely to happen which are bad happen all the time. Why is that?

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

You must be tired for constantly making everything about race when it’s always about circumstances 

You literally admitted race was a factor when you were babbling about “prejudging”

4 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

The convicted felon / cop killer was black.

The four dead cops were all white.

Strange.

Lots of fatherless kids this morning.  I presume the Tunnels to Towers foundation will be getting involved.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The usual suspects 

Good movie. 

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Lots of fatherless kids this morning.

Just like the killer 

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I have found in life that those things which are statistically unlike to happen which are good do not happen, but those things which are statistically unlikely to happen which are bad happen all the time. Why is that?

I have no idea

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You literally admitted race was a factor when you were babbling about “prejudging”

Yep statistically speaking again. A cop is more likely to be put in harms way from a black man 

14 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Yep statistically speaking again. A cop is more likely to be put in harms way from a black man 

Yeah, thanks for admitting race is a factor. If you don’t want to call it racism, at least admit it’s white privilege

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

You're wrong (as usual):

1)  Your suggesting is that EVERY cop treats EVERY black person different than EVERY white person.  That's laughable on it's face.  We ALL acknowledge there are some bad cops and they shouldn't be cops.  They should be removed and/or prosecuted as soon as we realize that.  But it's case by case.  Rarely there might be a police department that creates a culture of lawlessness, much like Biden and the border right now.  That starts from the top and again, should be fixed as soon as it is found out.   You know how we know this stance is BS?  Because when a black cop does something you people think is inappropriate to a black suspect your attitude is that it's still racist.

2)  I was treated like crap on numerous occasions in my youth by cops. I've posted stories in other threads here.  I'm not black.  But even knowing I was being unjustly treated by cops I ALWAYS complied with them.  And somehow I made it through alive.  Spent some time in jail when I shouldn't have and I am still a little bitter about that but that was a "few" years ago (like 30).  For the most part I've gotten over it and moved on with life.