Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

The state of the Presidential race

15 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Indiana is a "partially open primary" state.  When people show up to vote, they ask for a ballot for the party they want to vote for.  I'm willing to bet, of that "20%" vote that Haley got, more than 95% of that was from liberals asking for a Republican ballot.  I mean, just look at the voting.  Trump got 461k vote, Haley got 128k.... Biden only got 178k.  Trump beat Biden by 16% in Indiana in 2020.  He's walking away with that state again.

I have trouble believing that a lot of Democrats would go out of their way to vote. 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

I’d pay to watch that. 

I feel there is a good chance both would be faster than this guy.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

I have trouble believing that a lot of Democrats would go out of their way to vote. 

Shocking!!

My guess is that Biden wins AZ. We've got a ballot measure to change our constitution to allow abortion until birth. This will bring out a lot of the young single female vote, and I don't think many of this demographic will vote for Trump.

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

My guess is that Biden wins AZ. We've got a ballot measure to change our constitution to allow abortion until birth. This will bring out a lot of the young single female vote, and I don't think many of this demographic will vote for Trump.

Between that and Kari Lake running for Senate the R's have made AZ as hard as they possibly can to try and win.

12 minutes ago, Mark Davis said:

Between that and Kari Lake running for Senate the R's have made AZ as hard as they possibly can to try and win.

IDK, I still don't see Biden motivating the young and non-whites like he did in 2020.

I think Trump wins this pretty handily.

god help us. 

18 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I think Trump wins this pretty handily.

They'll never let Trump Win BOYO, even if he does win.

11 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

They'll never let Trump Win BOYO, even if he does win.

From your fingers to the election gods eyes boyo. 

3 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

From your fingers to the election gods eyes boyo. 

You know it's true

Just now, Maximum Overkill said:

You know it's true

"Girl you know it's true!"

1 hour ago, Mark Davis said:

Ah, Kari Lake, easy on the eyes, but she is the gift to the Democrats who keeps on giving.  :wall: 

We already lost the governor office because the far right put her up against Katie "duller than watching paint dry" Hobbs.  Now we will lose a republican senate seat to Ruben Gallego, who is fairly far Left.  :( 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Ah, Kari Lake, easy on the eyes, but she is the gift to the Democrats who keeps on giving.  :wall: 

We already lost the governor office because the far right put her up against Katie "duller than watching paint dry" Hobbs.  Now we will lose a republican senate seat to Ruben Gallego, who is fairly far Left.  :( 

Are there any McCain Republicans left in your state? Any Goldwater Republicans? Two men, very different in terms of policy, but one thing they both had: tremendous integrity. They were two of our greatest American statesmen. What happened to that party?  

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Fareed Zakaria gives a compelling argument as to why Trump may win the election: 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2024/05/12/fareeds-take-biden-trump-2024-odds-gps-digvid.cnn

Thoughtful as always. Unfortunately I have to agree with him. Consider me officially worried. 

It’s all about abortion. Either that issue is strong enough to carry the day, or Biden loses

Trump rally in New Jersey draws over 80,000 people, Joe Biden sits at home in Delaware.

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s all about abortion. Either that issue is strong enough to carry the day, or Biden loses

Well there’s a lot of time left still between now and November. But as of now you’re probably correct. 

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Trump rally in New Jersey draws over 80,000 people, Joe Biden sits at home in Delaware.

Yeah but I didn’t understand the logic of this. New Jersey isn’t going red. Why not campaign in Pennsylvania? 

On 5/8/2024 at 3:38 PM, Mark Davis said:

Having Trump as the nom isn’t so great either.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Haha sure it did.

Naturally cultist can’t count.

LMFAO

14 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Haha sure it did.

Naturally cultist can’t count.

LMFAO

He's wasting his time campaigning in New Jersey, a decisively blue state.

At least people are showing up for something for him, unlike Melania not showing up to support him at his trial.

Pennsylvania is in the bag for Trump. They can’t pull the unconstitutional crap they did last time. Even with that the democrats barely won. MAGA is going after the strongholds now. That’s how weak, feeble and pathetic Biden is.  

On 5/8/2024 at 6:10 PM, The Real timschochet said:

Are there any McCain Republicans left in your state? Any Goldwater Republicans? Two men, very different in terms of policy, but one thing they both had: tremendous integrity. They were two of our greatest American statesmen. What happened to that party?  

Well, I consider myself cut more from the Goldwater cloth.  Some here will disagree because I defend Trump, although I've explained that numerous times, and voted for Haley in our primary.  I simply feel that the culture change pushed by the Left is the most existential issue we face, and Biden is a dementia patient who rubber stamps those issues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well, I consider myself cut more from the Goldwater cloth.  Some here will disagree because I defend Trump, although I've explained that numerous times, and voted for Haley in our primary.  I simply feel that the culture change pushed by the Left is the most existential issue we face, and Biden is a dementia patient who rubber stamps those issues.

Why would you classify the culture change as an existential issue?

Surely you're aware that existential means a threat to human existence.

Show your work boyo. 

5 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Why would you classify the culture change as an existential issue?

Surely you're aware that existential means a threat to human existence.

Show your work boyo. 

No, I'm surely aware that existential, in this context, means a threat to our country as it has existed and thrived to this point.

I would ask you to share your work, but you never do, it's all about feelz with you.  And in this case, wrong ones.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

No, I'm surely aware that existential, in this context, means a threat to our country as it has existed and thrived to this point.

I would ask you to share your work, but you never do, it's all about feelz with you.  And in this case, wrong ones.

What cultural issues are a threat to our country boyo?

Dis gun be good.

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

What cultural issues are a threat to our country boyo?

Dis gun be good.

First, admit that you were wrong and did not understand the meaning of an existential crisis for our country.

Just now, jerryskids said:

First, admit that you were wrong and did not understand the meaning of an existential crisis for our country.

LMFAO.

Google existential boyo.

Now stop deflecting, you made a claim.  I ask again, which you're too much of a coward to answer apparently, what cultural issues threaten the viability of the United States of America?

Dis gun be good. 

I don't expect a direct answer btw.

2 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

LMFAO.

Google existential boyo.

Now stop deflecting, you made a claim.  I ask again, which you're too much of a coward to answer apparently, what cultural issues threaten the viability of the United States of America?

Dis gun be good. 

I don't expect a direct answer btw.

Beating you up is getting kinda boring.

An existential threat is a threat to something's very existence—when the continued being of something is at stake or in danger. It is used to describe threats to actual living things as well to nonliving thing things, such as a country or an ideology.

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+the+meaning+of+an+existential+threat&oq=what+is+the+meaning+of+an+existential+threat&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyCQgAEEUYORiABDINCAEQABiGAxiABBiKBTINCAIQABiGAxiABBiKBTINCAMQABiGAxiABBiKBTIKCAQQABiABBiiBDIKCAUQABiABBiiBNIBCDkzNzJqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Just now, BeachGuy23 said:

Stop deflecting coward.

I used your words, what cultural issues put the US at risk.

Be a man for once boyo. 

I need to understand that your pseud Lefty brain understands that a country can face an existential threat, before I waste more time with you.  Say the words, and I'll start providing examples.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I need to understand that your pseud Lefty brain understands that a country can face an existential threat, before I waste more time with you.  Say the words, and I'll start providing examples.

You're a coward.  You made a claim.  Are you too dumb or scared to provide support for that claim. 

This deflection of yours is tiresome but I get that I called you out on your ridiculous hyperbole and now you're embarrassed.  I embarrass you quite a bit boyo.

You're just not smart but you were a salesman...LOLOLOLOLOL

• Like 1