Sign in to follow this  
RepoPatrol

I am done with the NFL

Boycott starts today. I will not watch another game or buy any NFL sponsored products until Goodell is gone. I will follow fantasy online only and will never play again. Goodell personifies everything that is wrong with our society today. Guarantee you he is throwing down all this "justice" in between lines of coke. I am tired of everyone in power being a two faced monkey where rules only apply to others and if they don't work, they make up new ones. Anyone standing up for the NFL is just as much of a problem for society as the Goodell types are. Stop the craziness people. Political correctness is just wrong!

I am sure this will have a big impact. But what's the point of "following" FF online if you will not play?

Basically, take that high road right on outta here!

Boycott starts today. I will not watch another game or buy any NFL sponsored products until Goodell is gone. I will follow fantasy online only and will never play again. Goodell personifies everything that is wrong with our society today. Guarantee you he is throwing down all this "justice" in between lines of coke. I am tired of everyone in power being a two faced monkey where rules only apply to others and if they don't work, they make up new ones. Anyone standing up for the NFL is just as much of a problem for society as the Goodell types are. Stop the craziness people. Political correctness is just wrong!

Actually Repo is a true american,,, and I respect whats left of true america, because the rest of us sold out bastid commies will just role with it and keep playing the game, because we already realize what "America" once was, is no longer,, more like Bangladesh now.

Any Gordon owners out there still wanting to sell cheap?

Okay. :dunno:

Alot of fans left baseball after the Strike that left us without a World Series. Then even more left after the whole steroid debacle. Some fans become disgruntled and leave.

It's perfectly fine and if enough people do it, it will have a financial impact.

I do think NFL Football is beginning a precarious time. Concussions, fans fed up with Goodell and even the players, etc. All great things have a shelf life and that includes the mighty NFL. I think the sport hit its peak in the late 80's 90's and 00's. Starting now or soon you'll see a slow decent down in popularity. It take a generation, but 30 years from now I predict the NFL will fall to the 3rd or 4th most popular American sport.

awww yeah. Gotta love the internet rants. The whole world is waiting with bated breath, WILL HE OR WILL HE NOT TUNE IN THIS SUNDAY?!?

Probably will fold thursday night, who you kidding...

*fart*

More people would boycott if AP is back. It's all about the $$. AP or NFL won't miss you. AP is swimming in his millions while unemployed.

LOL sure you will OP.

^^this

OP is counting down the seconds until Thursday nights kickoff

so instead of it being about the welfare of the child, it's all about you and your fantasy team. Hmmm....guessing Roger doesn't care about your team and just so you understand, your phony anger should be directed at the owners, Roger is an employee.

• Like 1

Fantasy Football > Child abuse

I do not own AP nor does his presence or absence effect my team or playoff chances. Owner that has him is all but eliminated from playoffs and I actually play him this week. He also had Rice. I will follow fantasy online the rest of the season because i have much invested and much money coming to me. I won't play Fantasy again or watch any telecasts until Goodell is gone. Watching Fantasy online for the balance of the season does not benefit the NFL. Watching games and commercials does. I have already called Comcast and killed my $4.99 sports package (Red Zone, NFL network) as some of this money filters to the NFL. It is getting cold here in Florida so my Dolphins gear has been given to the homeless guys begging on the corner. I do have an AP jersey bought for me by my wife's gramdma (big vikings fan, i'm not). It is a jersey i never wore before, but I cherish wearing it now. I don't think wearing it now could be construed as supporting the NFL. My team is fully stocked and will be easy to manage going forward without watching the game telecasts.

Sometimes you just have to stand on principle. The facts are that NFL football is a violent game, necessarily being played by violent people. NFL players are the mercenary army of professional sports. Of course these guys will cross the line and no matter what you try to do, this crap won't stop. At least a half dozen guys have gotten into trouble for the same kind of things, even after this all popped up with AP and Rice. You have to expect it, and I agree some punishment is merited, but not on the level and of the inconsistent manner in which the NFL is handing it out. Parents need to start teaching their kids that these players are not heroes. These are thugs being paid highly for entertainment purposes. Most would struggle mightily if they had to doing something non-entertainment oriented for a living. Many would be in prison. Just because they make big bucks for hitting people hard and running fast, doesn't make them worthy of being anyone's hero.

As for the NFL every telecast is full of boobs and butts and sexual innuendo. The analysts rave about the hardest hits. The league is among the biggest bunch of hypocrites that I have ever seen. And the sponsors who peddle their beer(responsible for much of the abuse) and their pretty girls to sell their products and then threaten to walk if something isn't done about these players actions, are the biggest hypocrites of all. It really makes me sick. Add in the fact that this type of hypocritical behavior is alive and well throughout all American industry and Government as well doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. It is time to rid America of these egomanical pyschopaths like Roger Goodell.

• Like 1

discipline > spoiled children

Discipline > Abuse

The best way to avoid spoiled children.....is not to spoil them. Has nothing to do with discipline. And my personal experience....discipline needn't be harsh to be effective. It needs to be consistent.

But continue to grind your axe.....just as long as you don't teach someone a lesson with it. :rolleyes:

Bye

It is going to be hard to manage a fantasy football team without watching the games.

Sometimes I think I would be better off that way

I do not own AP nor does his presence or absence effect my team or playoff chances. Owner that has him is all but eliminated from playoffs and I actually play him this week. He also had Rice. I will follow fantasy online the rest of the season because i have much invested and much money coming to me. I won't play Fantasy again or watch any telecasts until Goodell is gone. Watching Fantasy online for the balance of the season does not benefit the NFL. Watching games and commercials does. I have already called Comcast and killed my $4.99 sports package (Red Zone, NFL network) as some of this money filters to the NFL. It is getting cold here in Florida so my Dolphins gear has been given to the homeless guys begging on the corner. I do have an AP jersey bought for me by my wife's gramdma (big vikings fan, i'm not). It is a jersey i never wore before, but I cherish wearing it now. I don't think wearing it now could be construed as supporting the NFL. My team is fully stocked and will be easy to manage going forward without watching the game telecasts.

Sometimes you just have to stand on principle. The facts are that NFL football is a violent game, necessarily being played by violent people. NFL players are the mercenary army of professional sports. Of course these guys will cross the line and no matter what you try to do, this crap won't stop. At least a half dozen guys have gotten into trouble for the same kind of things, even after this all popped up with AP and Rice. You have to expect it, and I agree some punishment is merited, but not on the level and of the inconsistent manner in which the NFL is handing it out. Parents need to start teaching their kids that these players are not heroes. These are thugs being paid highly for entertainment purposes. Most would struggle mightily if they had to doing something non-entertainment oriented for a living. Many would be in prison. Just because they make big bucks for hitting people hard and running fast, doesn't make them worthy of being anyone's hero.

As for the NFL every telecast is full of boobs and butts and sexual innuendo. The analysts rave about the hardest hits. The league is among the biggest bunch of hypocrites that I have ever seen. And the sponsors who peddle their beer(responsible for much of the abuse) and their pretty girls to sell their products and then threaten to walk if something isn't done about these players actions, are the biggest hypocrites of all. It really makes me sick. Add in the fact that this type of hypocritical behavior is alive and well throughout all American industry and Government as well doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. It is time to rid America of these egomanical pyschopaths like Roger Goodell.

I am not going to disagree with much of what you said, but the timing of your boycott is very questionable. All of these issues in this post existed WELL before this AP suspension. Why does this, of all of the issues facing the NFL, throw you over the top? If you really feel the way you do, you should have been done with the NFL many years ago.

3 more paragraphs! 3 MORE PARAGRAPHS!!! 3 MOAR PARAGRAPHS!!!

Just like the Ray Rice debacle, the outrage should be on the justice system not the NFL.

Agreed. As I have posted before...beating a grown man with a stick is a felony. Beating a 4 year old with a stick is reprehensible and should be punished to the utmost of the law. Not a Goodell supporter, but I have no problem with NFL learning from previous mistakes and adjusting accordingly. I would lose my job if charged with such a heinous crime. Fock AP

I am not going to disagree with much of what you said, but the timing of your boycott is very questionable. All of these issues in this post existed WELL before this AP suspension. Why does this, of all of the issues facing the NFL, throw you over the top? If you really feel the way you do, you should have been done with the NFL many years ago.

It has much more with tricking AP onto commissioners list and reneging on the promise that time would count toward his penalty. Completely unprofessional and dishonest. Same with Ray Rice, he served his penalty and then got hit with another. It has just become too much for me to continue supporting the league.

3 more paragraphs! 3 MORE PARAGRAPHS!!! 3 MOAR PARAGRAPHS!!!

You have a problem reading or something?

awww yeah. Gotta love the internet rants. The whole world is waiting with bated breath, WILL HE OR WILL HE NOT TUNE IN THIS SUNDAY?!?

Probably will fold thursday night, who you kidding...

*fart*

Seem sthat you keep coming back to this thread. Got any principles?

And my personal experience....

And not everyone has the same personal experience as you. Nor do they want to. Nor do they think and believe exactly as you. It's called personal choice and freedom. Look it up.

Despite what "some" in Washington want us to believe, we ARE different and we are NOT all the same with one, easy cookie-cutter answer for all.

You have a problem reading or something?

Seem sthat you keep coming back to this thread. Got any principles?

take it easy sparky, just having a laugh. I got plenty of principles, but I don't engage in selective outrage. If you haven't figured it out yet, the whole country is going to while morons argue about how much obama sucks vs. how bad bush was. THe koch brothers would murder your mother to make an extra 30 cents. Citibank will rape my sister if the stock would move 1/8 of 1 percent, even if it goes back down the next day. We as a society have sold out to the all mighty $, end of story. The NFL is not much different. And getting asshurt over the stupid commish's inconsistent ways is dumb enough to begin with, ranting and raving about it on an online forum like anyone gies 2 sh!ts is even dumber. I've commented plenty on the commish being a jackass and wanting him to lose him job, and have equally commented on the disgusting behavior the players have displayed, from rice to AD to the 1000 other disgusting human beings in the league. What I've never done, however, is ranted and raved about my personal choices to a group of people that I know could care less...

HTH

Stick by what you believe in man, and don't listen to these A###S CLOWNs that tell you anything different.

Ok

Who made up new rules? What rules don't apply to him too?

You won't boycott for long...and you know it.

Neither will anyone else (at least not enough to ever hurt the NFL).

Im sure Rodg is shaking because some guy on a message board is claiming he will quit watching.

How about we stop the real craziness?

We stop justifying child abuse and domestic violence? How about that?