Sign in to follow this  
davidbostonisgood

Jeremy Hill Rookie of Year

So we are about 11 weeks in and J. Hill is rocking it as a RB in a passing league. I'd say if he has another big game or two, he has to be the runaway winner for offensive rookie of year. With inflated passing yards and targets qbs and WRs haven't blown his numbers out of the water.

Does any one think he'll have a big game this week against the Saints? I'm a huge Gio Bernard fan, he seems like a really nice guy. But from the 4-5 games I've been able to watch this year, there is no question that Hill is the better back.

There will be no runaway winner.

Its no more likely that Hill will separate from the pack than it is that Jerrick McKinnon (more yards than Hill) or Terrence West ( 8 yards, 2 TDs less than Hill) or Bishop Sankey (about 40 yards less than Hill). Any of these guys could have 3 or 4 big games down the stretch and pull away. For that matter so could Sammy Watkins. Or Martavis Bryant, if he can continue even close to his pace And in a year with no runaway ROY, dont be surprised if Derek Carr wins. He's on pace to throw for around 3400 yards and 24 TDs.

I'm thinking Benjamin as well, but ODB and Mike Evans may make a serious late run for that award. They're on fire!

Hill had 1 good game against the Jag.... seriously? If you only going to count his YPC, then Antone Smith should be Player of the Year.

Bryant , benjamin, watkins all far ahead of j hill.

Just another J Hill love post

Just another Gio owner hating on a J Hill love post...

With that being said... He is well

Behind the others mentioned as of now...

7 more weeks of no Gio could change that

• Like 1

Yeah...seems like none of the RBs are doing anything outstanding IMO (if West keeps getting the most carries and doing well with them it would be him over Hill anyway).

Benjamin's early part of the year looks better than Hill IMO...and now you have Evans, Bryant, and ODB coming on huge.

It seems the person who posted this thread forgot how the browns made him look like a high school rb. Not rookie of the year by far

Bryant could easily end up the roy if he keeps up the pace and unseats wheaton for more playing time.

Hill isn't even close at this point in season. Overzelous hill owner or homer post?

There will be no runaway winner.

Its no more likely that Hill will separate from the pack than it is that Jerrick McKinnon (more yards than Hill) or Terrence West ( 8 yards, 2 TDs less than Hill) or Bishop Sankey (about 40 yards less than Hill). Any of these guys could have 3 or 4 big games down the stretch and pull away. For that matter so could Sammy Watkins. Or Martavis Bryant, if he can continue even close to his pace And in a year with no runaway ROY, dont be surprised if Derek Carr wins. He's on pace to throw for around 3400 yards and 24 TDs.

That's a solid post. Agree completely.

Benjamin, Watkins, Mathews, Cooks, Landry, Hurns, Robinson have all out performed him to date

and by the end of the year, you can add ODB and Bryant to that list

Evans...

• Like 1

Not a skill position player...but hell, Id take the Packers center over Hill as Off ROY.

I'd say if he has another big game or two, he has to be the runaway winner to be a TOP 10 offensive rookie of year.

Fixed

As a owner of Hill in a dynasty league, he is no where close to winning ROY award.

As someone who has propped up hill esp over gio it is absurd to call him ROY now. My vote would be for Benjamin. A clear diamond in the trash pile that is the panthers offense.

That said if hill gets 20+ touches every game rest of season due to gio being out completely then I think he could do it.

Late season heroics arent weighted as heavily as early season. Bryant and Hill cant win.

maybe not hill but bryant has a legit shot at 12tds in limited games and sharing snaps with wheaton. That to me has to put him in contention. also Jordan matthews has 5 tds right now and could score another 5 to 7 based on the chemistry that he and dirty sanchez has from the practice squad.

It seems the person who posted this thread forgot how the browns made him look like a high school rb. Not rookie of the year by far

While I agree that he will not be ROY, Hill averaged 4.6 YPC against Cleveland. There's nothing wrong with that at all, and it certainly doesn't equate to a high school level RB. Hyperbole much?

Hill has had one good game, no way is he rookie of the year.

There are so many wrs much more productive than Hill.

While I agree that he will not be ROY, Hill averaged 4.6 YPC against Cleveland. There's nothing wrong with that at all, and it certainly doesn't equate to a high school level RB. Hyperbole much?

He should have had way more against the browns but his head coach is a giant dipshiit that only has a job because he is black. You have to realize that dalton is having a bad day and ride your back that is putting up 4.6 ypc.

While he may not be the ROY, that kid is an absolute beast. He's a 1400 yard rusher just waiting to happen.

Problem is, he won't get the opportunity with Hue Jackson and Marvin Lewis hitching their wagon to Gio. At best, it's a time-share now.

Is this a real thread? What about evans who hasnt even had a bad game this season? Benjamin is the front runner with evans close behind. Hill may end up winning if he keeps up this pace, but as of right now he is maybe top 3. And unless evans and benjamin tank the rest of the year, i dont see any way hill becomes a runaway.

• Like 1

As I stated before I think Benjamin gets it, but Evans is going to make it really close.

Will be Evans by a large margin.

looks like a timeshare starting next week so he won't have a shot at ROY. will be interesting to see how they use gio/hill going forward.

I would say Mike Evans is ahead of J.Hill at this point of the season for rookie of the year (largely to his huge game this past week). But I don't see how many of you do not think he is in the running for the award and not in the top handful of rookies right now...

Once again, I'm a big Gio fan, and not a Hill fan. I like Gio's character and don't know much about Hill other than what I see in the games I have watched. I know he dropped in the draft due to character concerns. But I'm sure that for those people who have actually watched 5 or more Bengals games, they'd agree that Hill is the more impressive, and better, running back/football player. And I'm not talking at all about the stats. And if you watch the games, he is a very complete back. I'm not a fan, but very impressed.

On the other hand, I have been very impressed by many of the rookie WRs as well. As a group they've showed solid route running, hands, athleticism, toughness, and blocking. They each have their weaknesses as well.

That said, how the refs are calling the game this year, has lead to big passing game numbers - making QBs and WRs seem more impressive than in the past. (I still think this is a very good rookie WR class)

As for kelvin Benjamin for rookie of the year, I think it'd be an embarrassment for him to be in the discussion at this point. The guy has been force fed, dropping many catchable balls, and picking up a lot of garbage stats.

That can be said for a lot of the rookie WRs and Carr as well. Lots of garbage stats and a league being officiated that favors the offensive passing game.

I don't see how Hill can not be considered for rookie of the year if he continues at this pace. I mean, many consider(ed) his teammate a top 15 RB in the league, and Hill has been the better back on his own team.

• Like 1

Is this a real thread? What about evans who hasnt even had a bad game this season? Benjamin is the front runner with evans close behind. Hill may end up winning if he keeps up this pace, but as of right now he is maybe top 3. And unless evans and benjamin tank the rest of the year, i dont see any way hill becomes a runaway.

this :pointstosky: (Evans)

4-44 each every game except that last 3 where he has had 7 catches and went over 100 yards in two and 200 yards last week. :first:

Is Hill really behind? By that much?

I must be looking at different players.

Hill is a terrific talent, but he's still having to deal with sharing carries with Gio. He probably would have rushed for way over 125 yards yesterday if he wasn't in a time-share.

But he's behind Evans. Evans is on place for 1275 yards receiving and 11 TDs, and that's after missing one game with an ankle injury.

Odell Beckham is making a strong case for himself as well. Injury probably puts himself out of the running, but that kid is going to be something special.