Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

**Golf Talk** thread

I'm a Texas boy, don't do cold weather well.

I know this isn't "cold" for some of you, but it is for us.. Front blew thru, 2morow is supposed to be sunny/46*/NW winds 10 mph/wind chill 42* - you going off in that? ........ I'm on the fence - the guys are up my ass about it.

The older I get the less likely I am to be out in sub 50 degree weather golfing. That's not to say I won't go but I will be more hesitant there for sure

I know this isn't "cold" for some of you, but it is for us.. Front blew thru, 2morow is supposed to be sunny/46*/NW winds 10 mph/wind chill 42* - you going off in that? ........ I'm on the fence - the guys are up my ass about it.

I was scheduled to play today, but the tee time was made when the expectation was 50˚, sunny and calm. Turned out 44˚, 20mph winds, and mostly cloudly. Fock that.

• Like 1

Got 11 holes in this am before it stsring raining. Was happy to get that much in. A warm morning at 915am at about 50. Light drizzle. Walked with a buddy. Played the front in an hour 20 minutes. Even looked for a couple balls in the leaves.

Anyone play the 2016 M2 driver? I think KSB mentioned he did?

I want to pick one up and found a good deal on a brand new one but I'm already a bit of a high ball hitter and I believe the stock Fuji shaft is a high launch shaft so wondering if anyone has played the original M2 with the stock Fuji shaft or the original M2 with any of the other shaft options....

I have a few other shafts that I could pull I just need to put the correct adapter on the end of them for example I like the Matrix ozik shaft in my RocketBallz but the RocketBallz adapter is not compatible with the M2 Club head it wasn't until the RBZ Stage 2 that TaylorMade produced all the adapters to be compatible

Love my Driver. M2 is the shiot.

Just get a 9 and a half , If you have a high ball flight. You will not regret it.

I've got buddies riding my azz to play tomorrow. 48˚ for a high, mostly calm, partly cloudy. Just not feeling it atm, but possibly not any more chances this year until December trip to Naples.

:unsure:

Love my Driver. M2 is the shiot.

Just get a 9 and a half , If you have a high ball flight. You will not regret it.

i've always played my drivers in 9 or 9.5 standard lofts

Big time consuming things I see:

* People who won't take what they need.... From 100 in, grab a wedge, maybe 2 of them and your putter - see you at the green.

* People, club in hand, waiting to see "who's out".

* People who wait until it's their turn to putt before they start looking at the line.

* Walking around looking for sprinkler heads.

* Looking for lost balls.

* Beer cart (guilty, admitted)

You forgot.

*People who walk because they want to save $10

*People who play from the wrong tee

*Putting in general. Looking at the line from both sides, fixing marks, not being ready, generally acting like every putt is Sunday at Augusta.

You forgot.

*People who play from the wrong tee.

I don't mind walkers, in fact appreciate them......but just bcoz they are walking they need to keep up as well.

But you are dead on about the "wrong tee" egos - I forgot about those....... Most of these clowns couldn't break 80 from the Whites.

I've got buddies riding my azz to play tomorrow. 48˚ for a high, mostly calm, partly cloudy. Just not feeling it atm, but possibly not any more chances this year until December trip to Naples.

:unsure:

Well, I got talked into it, and I'm glad I was. It did get to 48˚, but with only a light breeze and full sun. Great day. I had three birdies going into 17 (surprised myself; I often play like the bundled up tard I look like in cold weather golf, but that didn't happen, until...) and then sht the bed, getting stuck in the trees on a par 5 and trying hero shots. 8. Then I did it again on the last hole: 6.

14 strokes in my last two holes to shoot an 83. Naturally, lost my money lead playing wolf when the low point guy went 4x points on the last two holes. Went from winning $150 to losing $75. :mad:

:cry:

I caved myself, ended up playing.....but only bcoz my buddy has a cart cover and a heater........ 1st few holes were pretty damn cold - but managed to get it around for the day in 78, with a double... Of course it turned around was damn near 80* y-day but I couldn't play. :mad:

One positive thing about playing in the cold - the greens rolls smooth, fast and pure.

You forgot.

*People who play from the wrong tee

*Putting in general. Looking at the line from both sides, fixing marks, not being ready, generally acting like every putt is Sunday at Augusta.

Nothing wrong with walkers. 2 walkers are often times faster than 2 retards in a cart who can't execute cart management.

Also no problem with fixing ball marks. Everyone should be.

Guess I agree with the rest

94* here today...... who else is playing hooky 2moro for 27? :banana:

I'm playing tomorrow, but it looks like it won't get above 47˚. 61˚ on Sunday, but sounds like rain. :unsure:

Big time consuming things I see:

* People who won't take what they need.... From 100 in, grab a wedge, maybe 2 of them and your putter - see you at the green.

* People, club in hand, waiting to see "who's out".

* People who wait until it's their turn to putt before they start looking at the line.

* Walking around looking for sprinkler heads.

* Looking for lost balls.

* Beer cart (guilty, admitted)

Add:

* People who would rather talk on their phone than play golf

* People who don't understand where to park a cart at points on the course, mostly around the greens.

* People who take 3 practice swings

* People (mostly women) who talk incessantly after a shot rather than moving to their next shot.

welp, my 2016 version M2 driver is on its way!

9.5 standard head, stiff stock fujikura pro60 shaft.

I am a little worried about the shaft because i'm doing this blind. None of the convenient places near me carry the 2016 model, even in their demos. Only the 2017 model which is a different stock Fuji shaft. XLR8 or something. So I was able to test out the M2'17 head with the stock shaft as well as the Kuro Kage Silver Tini (liked that better) but its not the same Fuji shaft and different clubheads usually pair differently with shafts anyway so the KuroKage with the 2017 head might not play exactly like the same KuroKage in the 2016 head. Reason being the 2017 head is lighter and the weight port is further back. I mean, generally speaking if you like a shaft, you will probably like that shaft in another driver head but you know what I mean.

So I'll spend the cold months fine tuning it in the heated range booths and if for whatever reason the Fujikura shaft just isn't working for me, giving me too much spin or something, I can look into buying a different shaft or getting the adapter for one of my current shafts.

I also ordered a new Super Stroke 3.0 counter core (the one with the 50 gram weight in the grip). My SuperStrke grip is completely worn out so I decided to try the counter core version for the hell of it. If I don't like it i'll go back to a regular version. The regulars go for about $11.50 on ebay.

• Like 1

also, while on the topic of clubs and accessories, still no clue why people buy anywhere but reputable ebay sellers (unless you have gift cards to burn or something). go test your stuff, figure out what you want and then buy it new off ebay. I saved $350 when i bought my irons that way and for a comparison on these most recent purchases I made

M2 2016 Golf Galaxy website and most retail websites $299+ tax (got mine brand new for 245 tax included, free shipping)

SS 3.0 Counter Core putter grip? 34.99 retail. (I paid $18.95, free shipping)

and dont even get me started on pro shops! :P

also, while on the topic of clubs and accessories, still no clue why people buy anywhere but reputable ebay sellers (unless you have gift cards to burn or something). go test your stuff, figure out what you want....

I buy almost all my gear on eBay... Golf balls and gloves are about the only thing I don't.

Driver was estimate to arrive 11/14, arrived yesterday 11/10. Too bad its 32 degrees out. Already have the putter grip as well.

Watched some youtube instruction videos from Clay Ballard at topspeed golf.

If you need a quick fix you can probably find it there.

Was struggling with a fundamental flaw and found my solution there.

Shot 74 with 5 birds (2 tap ins) after working out a hip and shoulder turn problem.

Highly recommend. Best instruction I've seen.

• Like 1

Watched some youtube instruction videos from Clay Ballard at topspeed golf.

If you need a quick fix you can probably find it there.

Was struggling with a fundamental flaw and found my solution there.

Shot 74 with 5 birds (2 tap ins) after working out a hip and shoulder turn problem.

Highly recommend. Best instruction I've seen.

He does have great instructional videos.

Check out Chris Ryan too - https://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisRyanGolf

if you guys just want fun golf youitube vids to watch, not for any instructional purposes, i stumbled accross "golfholics" 2 guys from san diego, not a d-baggy as youd think and sometimes they play with somde decent looking girls. just entertaining.

Was a bit chilly Wed., but the rest of the week was fantastic, almost hot... Got 18 in Thurs., 27 Fri., 27 Sat.

Had a low of 75, high of 82 - hit is pretty well, putted rather poorly.. Love playing golf this time of year, but damn - all the leaves make for slower rounds and crazed frustration.

Played The Resort yesterday.....shorts and short sleeves at the end of November......reasonably tough course for my skill level.....and shot an extremely relaxed and enjoyable 42-39.

I seemingly solved my early extension issue by somewhat reversing the thought process. In short, instead of worrying about my hips, pelvis, etc, I instead just made sure to keep my chest down. I kept visualizing the way DJ seemingly stays down almost all the way through his follow through. I was sweet spotting the driver with relaxed ease.

My back 9 was almost perfect in its ease. I hit every fairway and 7 of 9 greens. The 2 greens missed were from 55 yards and 85 yards and lead to a bogey and a double.

Was 49 degrees Wednesday. Got 11 holes in. 57 degrees out tomorrow. Maybe I can hot a few Saturday calls for 45 and dry.

Played The Resort yesterday.....shorts and short sleeves at the end of November.....

Just found out my cousin works out there, is/was a cart girl.... You pigs better be tipping well and no ass slapping. :nono:

Not a huge fan of the Resort, but I do have a hole-in-one there.

Going to be in the 70's and sunny for the 1st weekend of December - 27 for sure Saturday. :banana:

• Like 1

Just got an early Christmas present and got fitted by a Top 50 fitter for a driver. 2017 M1 with Aldila Rogue 70x. Consistanly hitting 105-108 CHS, 1800-2000 spin, nice mid-high flight. 270-290 total. First time Ive ever been fit on a launch monitor and damn it was worth it.

Just got an early Christmas present and got fitted by a Top 50 fitter for a driver. 2017 M1 with Aldila Rogue 70x.

Go with the Silver or Black?

That Silver series is a lot of shaft, way too much for me. At 78g and 2.8 of torque - like swinging a metal rod.

Just found out my cousin works out there, is/was a cart girl.... You pigs better be tipping well and no ass slapping. :nono:

Not a huge fan of the Resort, but I do have a hole-in-one there.

Going to be in the 70's and sunny for the 1st weekend of December - 27 for sure Saturday. :banana:

A few years back the rough was so bad that it was almost unplayable. But they fixed that and now it's grown on me. It's not on my top tier, but it's challenging and they tend to have some of the best deals I can find. I recall jumping on one of the apps on a Saturday morning last summer and being able to grab a 11am-ish tee time for $7 a person with cart. It's like a forgotten course by the city folk.

A few years back the rough was so bad that it was almost unplayable.

Really? Wow, I certainly missed it then. It was always rock hard, barren and brown when I played it - mostly why I never cared to go there... I've hit the shiit out of some houses on #9 - more than once. :D

CAN SIZE?!!!! :wall:

Ha, she's actually really pretty - young 20's, plenty up there I'd say.... Baby daddy left her recently. :rolleyes:

Really? Wow, I certainly missed it then. It was always rock hard, barren and brown when I played it - mostly why I never cared to go there... I've hit the shiit out of some houses on #9 - more than once. :D

It's firm, but it's not barren at all. Great shape currently.

And yes, I've hit quit a few houses on #9 as well. It's almost sport at this point.

Go with the Silver or Black?

That Silver series is a lot of shaft, way too much for me. At 78g and 2.8 of torque - like swinging a metal rod.

I went with black, never tried silver. I was first trying some high 50g and low 60g at first. Thats what I normally played, so I figured Id start there. The guy then puts me in the 70x and irs like butter.

I do ok with lighter, but the 70 was optimal. I just figured that being 42 years old I would need a little lighter. I get along with low torque also. Ive been a big component guy in the past, and have played this shaft for years with good success.

http://www.monarkgolf.com/golf-components/shafts/graphite-golf-shafts/mcs-2.8-graphite-wood-shaft.html

I also played the old ProForce Gold 65 a bunch which I think is 2.9* 78g with 2.8* is pretty stout. Might as well throw a DG wood shaft im there!