Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Favorite Sammiches

Peanut Butter and Sharp Cheddar. Thank me later.

We had a place close to where I went to college known for what they called the Goober Burger,hamburger,peanut butter,lettuce and mayo.......never tried one never will.

Grilled peanut butter and jelly

You ever tried PBJ on a toasted waffle? :wub:

Can't beat a good muffaletta. Or a fried shrimp po boy with hot sauce. My personal favorite is braunschweiger on jewish rye with provolne cheese and dijon mustard.

• Like 1

I've always been a sucker for:

French dips

Reubens

monte cristos

but reality is i love good sammiches....

bbq bricket or pulled pork

good italian sub (and panini)

shrimp po boy

anything with some interesting sauces/spreads. we have a place out here called ike's (closest one is 30 min away). outstanding

http://www.ilikeikesplace.com/

Lobster roll

Crabcake sandwich with a little lettuce and fresh tomato

Eta- tough to beat a really good Cheesesteak imo

I've always been a sucker for:

French dips

Reubens

monte cristos

but reality is i love good sammiches....

bbq bricket or pulled pork

good italian sub (and panini)

shrimp po boy

anything with some interesting sauces/spreads. we have a place out here called ike's (closest one is 30 min away). outstanding

http://www.ilikeikesplace.com/

Like you it seems, I prefer a grilled sammich. Ham and cheese, meh, ham and cheese panini, yum. Don't know why. :dunno:

Also a Monte Cristo may be my favorite.

We had a place close to where I went to college known for what they called the Goober Burger,hamburger,peanut butter,lettuce and mayo.......never tried one never will.

No lettuce or mayo but I've had a bacon cheeseburger with peanut butter on it before. It's good but too messy to be worth it.

If we are going to speak locational I had a breaded alligator po boy with Cajun mayo with lettuce and onions somewhere in southern Louisianna that was kickass. (Not NO but don't remember exactly where. It was more then 20 beers I mean 20 years ago).

If we are going to speak locational I had a breaded alligator po boy with Cajun mayo with lettuce and onions somewhere in southern Louisianna that was kickass. (Not NO but don't remember exactly where. It was more then 20 beers I mean 20 years ago).

I had an alligator and hot sausage po boy for lunch on Sunday. :cheers:

Anybody ever try boudin?

Locally there are some good mom n pops for Cheesesteaks and hot sausage sandwiches- peppers and onions of course with a little sauce and melted provolone..yum

This thread is making me hungry

Anybody ever try boudin?

No, what's it like - spicy or milder? .... Also, just curious - what does a lb. of crawfish go for down there? It's usually about $8-10 bucks a pound here.

No, what's it like - spicy or milder? .... Also, just curious - what does a lb. of crawfish go for down there? It's usually about $8-10 bucks a pound here.

It's basically pork and rice stuffed in pork casing and they add alligator or crawfish and a few other things. Very good for grilling.

$8-$10 a pound? Holy sh!t that's high. Right now they go for $4 a pound and that comes with corn and potatoes. Crawfish season just started a couple of weeks ago so demand is high. In a few weeks they'll get down to about $2.00 to $2.50 a pound.

Anybody ever try boudin?

Yes,my sis-in-law is cajun,allergic to shellfish though so I have to stay away from certain kinds.

Can't beat a good muffaletta. Or a fried shrimp po boy with hot sauce. My personal favorite is braunschweiger on jewish rye with provolne cheese and dijon mustard.

A good shrimp po boy is excellent. Another good sandwich from this authentic Cajun place by me is Alligator po boy. The creole mustard is soooo good.

$8-$10 a pound? Holy sh!t that's high. Right now they go for $4 a pound and that comes with corn and potatoes. Crawfish season just started a couple of weeks ago so demand is high. In a few weeks they'll get down to about $2.00 to $2.50 a pound.

WTF? :shocking: ........ Wow, we are getting a good focking on our end. I guess transportation costs are out the ass in getting them 1 state over. :mad:

I had an alligator and hot sausage po boy for lunch on Sunday. :cheers:

Anybody ever try boudin?

I just had boudin for the first time last summer. It wasnt even fresh as the dude from Louisiana just heated it up in the microwave. Even so i was asking Where the fock have you been all my life boudin! I cant imagine what fresh boudin tastes like :yum:

WTF? :shocking: ........ Wow, we are getting a good focking on our end. I guess transportation costs are out the ass in getting them 1 state over. :mad:

The average person eats 3-6 pounds. Which is about two trays. I love crawfish but I wouldn't pay $50 bucks for five pounds. I can buy a fifty pound sack of live crawfish for about $125.00 right now and spend another twenty five to forty depending on what I want to add to them. I like sausage and lots of garlic cloves in mine so I pay a little more.

A friend of mines son works for the FBI. He got transferred to Philly a few years ago and was bragging to his new yankee friends about crawfish and how good he could cook them. Most of his new friends up there had never eaten them before so he ordered three hundred pounds of live crawfish and all the fixings. Corn, potatoes, sausage, garlic, hot dogs for the kids, onions, celery, and his secret ingredient. Had them flown in early Saturday morning and they were in the pot by early afternoon. He spent a fortune. They went crazy for them. He does it every year now and it's a tradition at the local bar he goes to. Suck the head and pinch the tail.

I just had boudin for the first time last summer. It wasnt even fresh as the dude from Louisiana just heated it up in the microwave. Even so i was asking Where the fock have you been all my life boudin! I cant imagine what fresh boudin tastes like :yum:

There's a store in Lafayette I used to go to that made it fresh daily. When I was in college there I practically lived on it as it's really cheap to make. They have a boudin festival every year there. You'd love it.

There's a store in Lafayette I used to go to that made it fresh daily. When I was in college there I practically lived on it as it's really cheap to make. They have a boudin festival every year there. You'd love it.

I have boudin shipped to me in NJ from Poche's in Breaux Bridge, LA, a few times per year. I had tasted their boudin at French Quarter Fest a few years ago, and it was fantastic. They also have the best andouille I've ever tasted, and they sell gator meat. In my latest shipment last week, I decided to sample their hot sauce, garlic sauce and chaurice. The only disappointing thing I've gotten there was the crawfish boudin...not enough fat, I guess.

I'm making a business trip to New Orleans in a few weeks and may run up to Lafayette to see a few folks. If so, I'll make my way over to Breaux Bridge.

pochesmarket.com

Ice Cream

I have boudin shipped to me in NJ from Poche's in Breaux Bridge, LA, a few times per year. I had tasted their boudin at French Quarter Fest a few years ago, and it was fantastic. They also have the best andouille I've ever tasted, and they sell gator meat. In my latest shipment last week, I decided to sample their hot sauce, garlic sauce and chaurice. The only disappointing thing I've gotten there was the crawfish boudin...not enough fat, I guess.

I'm making a business trip to New Orleans in a few weeks and may run up to Lafayette to see a few folks. If so, I'll make my way over to Breaux Bridge.

pochesmarket.com

What do you call a hundred brothers holding hands? Breaux Bridge. Breaux Bridge is the crawfish capitol of the world.

Do they still make alligator sauce piquante. Try that if they still make it. Damn good.

I used to go to Heberts in Lafayette. They are known for their boudin balls and stuffed chickens. I highly recommend those. They also have really good meat and crawfish pies.

http://www.hebertsmeats.com/

What do you call a hundred brothers holding hands? Breaux Bridge. Breaux Bridge is the crawfish capitol of the world.

Do they still make alligator sauce piquante. Try that if they still make it. Damn good.

I used to go to Heberts in Lafayette. They are known for their boudin balls and stuffed chickens. I highly recommend those. They also have really good meat and crawfish pies.

http://www.hebertsmeats.com/

I've gotten turducken and crawfish pie from Heberts in Houston, and both were very good. One of my vendors is practically the mayor of Lafayette. His family is well established, and he has significant LSU ties. He took me to Dwight's in Lafayette for crawfish a few years back and it was really great. He has promised to take me down to Abbeville next time I'm in town. I guess there are places there that make Dwight's crawfish seem average.

I've gotten turducken and crawfish pie from Heberts in Houston, and both were very good. One of my vendors is practically the mayor of Lafayette. His family is well established, and he has significant LSU ties. He took me to Dwight's in Lafayette for crawfish a few years back and it was really great. He has promised to take me down to Abbeville next time I'm in town. I guess there are places there that make Dwight's crawfish seem average.

Lots of cajuns coon ass's in Abbeville. Good people.

I worked at a mom and pops seafood restaurant here many moons ago. I used to boil all of the crawfish, shrimp, and crabs when they were in season. We had a recipe that was up there with the best of them. It's definitely a taste thing when you get good crawfish to boil. I like em hot. You drink more beer when they're hot.

Each deli I go to, I usually have something in mind, but if it is somewhere new, Cheesesteak, Reuben and Italian are probably the go to's more than anything. Also, if I can find it, an Italian Beef is always tasty.

Got me thinking about a sandwich I had years ago as a young kid. A local family deli Called DePalma's pizza.The DePalma's special was a double decker sandwich The bottom was a split Italian sausage link Hot of course with warm marinara Benefit slice of bread And then a cold Italian deli sandwich with Two or three kinds of meat and cheese. The combination of taste And temperatures was freaking amazing. Have never seen it Or anything like it ever again.

Also, Catholic churches bazar Season is amazing. The Italian sausage sandwiches With cheese and peppers Is phenomenal.Even if you are not Catholic, it's a great place to get some killer Italian food.

Sandwiches are up there with pizza for me for favorite foods. I'm partial to ham or turkey but I love a good roast beef and even meatball. Also huge egg salad fan which not many are. My ideal lunch is a simple sandwich with tomato and lettuce with mayo/mustard, a good cheese like Havarti, bbq chips, a good pickle on the side and a Coke. Potato salad possibly but I prefer that with burgers and dogs.

are the chips on the sandwich or the side?

How is a place called DePalma's Pizza considered to be a deli ?

Oh and spot on for Italian Feasts for food. :cheers:

is a hot dog a sandwich?

If it fits in the bun I would rule it a sammich.

I have always wanted to try a lobster roll.

Iv had a few different ones and they are excellent. the roll has to be toasted the right way and the lobster has to be chunky and fresh. You may have varying success or find one is much better than another. Recently we also made crab rolls from the lump crab at costco wich is fantastic.

Iv had a few different ones and they are excellent. the roll has to be toasted the right way and the lobster has to be chunky and fresh. You may have varying success or find one is much better than another. Recently we also made crab rolls from the lump crab at costco wich is fantastic.

Is that real crab or immitation?