Sign in to follow this  
porkbutt

indiana law

focking liberals are up in arms...they want to ban travel to indiana and cancel the tourney :lol: :lol: :lol:

what say you?

It's a new world we live in. People can do business with who they want. If they don't want to patronize Indiana, that's their choice. The folks in Indy should have thought this out more.

The effects of the law are being very overstated.

You know there's going to be calls for boycotts of any business that refuses to serve gheys, so I seriously doubt any large business is going to utilize the law.

And, for the record, I have no problem with the law. I don't believe a small business owner should be shut down (pretty much the effects of a discrimination suit) because they refuse to abet what they view is a sin.

Vikings4ever, on 30 Mar 2015 - 2:59 PM, said:

You know there's going to be calls for boycotts of any business that refuses to serve gheys, so I seriously doubt any large business is going to utilize the law.

And, for the record, I have no problem with the law. I don't believe a small business owner should be shut down (pretty much the effects of a discrimination suit) because they refuse to abet what they view is a sin.

I view stupid people as a sin. Can I refuse to serve them? What about blacks? Women? Bald guys?

I view stupid people as a sin. Can I refuse to serve them? What about blacks? Women? Bald guys?

Yes. No (federal law). No (federal law). Yes.

Although, as asinine as I find the belief, I would support legalizing 2 and 3.

There's a thousand ways you can legally discriminate. There's only a handful of exceptions that have been carved out.

It's a new world we live in. People can do business with who they want. If they don't want to patronize Indiana, that's their choice. The folks in Indy should have thought this out more.

huh?

The interstate backlash to Indiana's new religious freedom law is growing even as state lawmakers move to clarify the legislation, with Seattle Mayor Ed Murray vowing to issue an executive order this week banning city workers from taxpayer-funded travel to the state.

:lol:

They are worried about conservative activist judges setting precedent... Right now the states that have these laws also have precedent that prevents discrimination, but the Indiana law allow it specifically to be a defense in a civil rights suit. And it would only take a radical judge to tip the slippery slope into full on discrimination..

practically speaking its probably a low likelihood, but the outrage is well founded...

This is why i hate republicans... they just can stop themselves from throwing up on themselves with this social BS... leave it alone. Your religion doesn't give you the right to abuse people. keep it to yourself.

• Like 2

Why would a gay person even want to give their hard earned money to someone that is not accepting of them?

I think businesses should be able to do pretty much what they want and let the market sort it out. That said, the whole "abetting a sin" idea is just so much sophistry, just like gay marriage being an afront to the sanctity of marriage, or whatever focking BS they like to spin. In most cases, whatever service the company might offer is going to have no relation to the "sin". It's just an excuse to marginalize people whose lifestyles they don't care for. I'm all for it though. More business for those of us who don't discriminate.

In keeping with the new legislative process, I think they must pass this first to find out if there are repercussions.

Why would a gay person even want to give their hard earned money to someone that is not accepting of them?

That is your defense of this?

Maybe they have good food?

Why should anyone be ok with with holding services from someone because they are the ghey?

Don't serve the gays, fine. Then Don't get mad when you get boycotted, which Indiana is in the process of finding out. Smart businesses try to attract customers, not exclude them. I hope they enjoy this final four, the super bowl they had, the nfl scouting combine they used to have, and no good concerts in their state.

What would happen if a gay doctor decided to stop treating backwards rednecks?

They could turn frontwards? :dunno:

Conn. Governer just banned travel from Conn. to Indiana.

Yes. I'm sure this happened. :thumbsup:

Conn. Governer just banned travel from Conn. to Indiana.

Yup. Some guy in Hartford can't go see his sick granny in Columbus. Larry Bird is stuck in Stamford trying to get back to French Lick and Mellencamp is going to set up shop in Mohegan sun.

When Jesus met a prostitute (Mary Magdalene) did he show his religious freedom by discriminating against her?

Jesus showed repeatedly throughout the bible that he always took the high road when confronted with people that did not meet his ideals. It is funny that the religious freedom law goes against everything that Jesus taught.

When Jesus met a prostitute (Mary Magdalene) did he show his religious freedom by discriminating against her?

no but did he tell her to go keep being a whoore?

do you want an old lady bakery owner to lose her business and be sued over having to make a shaped cake against her conscience? some intolerant liberals

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ".

Mahatma Gandhi

• Like 1

do you want an old lady bakery owner to lose her business and be sued over having to make a ###### shaped cake against her conscience? some intolerant liberals

:lol:

Jesus showed repeatedly throughout the bible that he always took the high road when confronted with people that did not meet his ideals. It is funny that the religious freedom law goes against everything that Jesus taught.

Apparently you don't know the meaning of the word "freedom". Religious people are free to do business with these folks, and they are free to refuse their business.

Apparently you don't know the meaning of the word "freedom". Religious people are free to do business with these folks, and they are free to refuse their business.

But they were allowed to do business before the only additional "benefit" of this law is allowing discrimination.

Another example is Jesus sharing a cup of water with the Samaritan woman, even though Jew's looked down on Samaritan's. This law would allow the exact opposite of what Jesus preached.

And people are free to boycott. No issue here as far as I'm concerned. The law was passed legally, now deal with the reaction and don't cry about it.

But they were allowed to do business before the only additional "benefit" of this law is allowing discrimination.

Another example is Jesus sharing a cup of water with the Samaritan woman, even though Jew's looked down on Samaritan's. This law would allow the exact opposite of what Jesus preached.

No, now the law allows religious freedom to not be infringed upon by the Govt. Something explicitly protected by the First Amendment.

But your position that laws in the US should be based on Jesus and his teachings is duly noted. Not sure how that follows the Constitution. :dunno:

Anyone have a link to the actual law? I'd like to read it before responding to the media reaction to it. TIA

That is your defense of this?

Maybe they have good food?

Why should anyone be ok with with holding services from someone because they are the ghey?

Didn't defend shiot buttercup. Simply asked a question. There's more than one way to solve a problem and doing so with your money seems to work quite well.

Christians are just getting harder and harder to defend everyday.

Same could be said about all religions.

Seems I recall a few years ago there was outrage and a huuuuuuuuuuuge uproar over the owner of Chic fil a espousing and sticking to his religious beliefs. Mass boycotts announced.

How did that work out? :D

Boycotts are a violation of a business owner's first amendment rights. Also I won't be satisfied until police, doctors, teachers etc. all have the right to refuse service due to their religious beliefs.

Repubtard logic. :wacko:

They are worried about conservative activist judges setting precedent... Right now the states that have these laws also have precedent that prevents discrimination, but the Indiana law allow it specifically to be a defense in a civil rights suit. And it would only take a radical judge to tip the slippery slope into full on discrimination..

practically speaking its probably a low likelihood, but the outrage is well founded...

This is why i hate republicans... they just can stop themselves from throwing up on themselves with this social BS... leave it alone. Your religion doesn't give you the right to abuse people. keep it to yourself.

Were you just as outraged at Chuckie Shumer for proposing, and Bill Clinton for signing, the "Religous Freedom Resoration Act" in 1993?

Seems I recall a few years ago there was outrage and a huuuuuuuuuuuge uproar over the owner of Chic fil a espousing and sticking to his religious beliefs. Mass boycotts announced.

How did that work out? :D[/

Those are some good sandwiches. I ain't boycotting .