Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Michelle Obama

She thinks a woman at target was being a racist because the woman asked for her help in getting something off a shelf. I think black people over analyze things to justify feeling held down. This is one of those cases. The woman never said or implied anything racial. Michelle Obama just misread her simple mistake through the eyes of someone looking for an unjust action. Worse is now she feels the need to tell everyone of her mistake and still paint the woman asking her for help as somehow racist. I'm tired of both Obamas. Don't go away mad. Just go away

I've had this happen to me as well on a few occasions. I just say, "Sorry, I don't work here." Until now, it never occurred to me this was an opportunity to be offended. Next time, I'll be sure to show fake outrage.

I'm 6'4" and just about every time I go to the supermarket, I have a smaller person ask me to hand them something off the top shelf. I always assumed it was because I was tall, but now I realize that they're all very racist.

I'm 6'4" and just about every time I go to the supermarket, I have a smaller person ask me to hand them something off the top shelf. I always assumed it was because I was tall, but now I realize that they're all very racist.

I'm 6'3" and I get it all the time too, I never think twice about it. It has to be exhausting to second guess/replay every interaction trying to find the racist angle.

You've been hanging out too much at sites like The Blaze and Hot Air. Those people are always looking for a reason to be pissed

Oh I misread the post. They asked for helping get something off the shelf. I do that because I'm not a d*ck.

My original post would have been what I'd say if somebody asked me where the tuna was.

She didn't think it was racist originally, she only changed that veiw to suit her and Barry's agenda.

True story

I'm 10 inches... taller than my wife. Sometimes she asks me to get something off of the top shelf. I never put it together before, but she is 1/2 Italian and I am only 1/4 Italian. Hmm...

Hell will be raised at casa jerryskids tonight. :angry:

Seems like her story has "evolved". Her first story was that it was because she is tall..........now it is because she is black.

yep, real classy Lady she is.

I'm 10 inches... taller than my wife. Sometimes she asks me to get something off of the top shelf. I never put it together before, but she is 1/2 Italian and I am only 1/4 Italian. Hmm...

Hell will be raised at casa jerryskids tonight. :angry:

Y'all are 3/8 eggplant.

Oh I misread the post. They asked for helping get something off the shelf. I do that because I'm not a d*ck.

My original post would have been what I'd say if somebody asked me where the tuna was.

Where's the tuna?

yep, real classy Lady she is.

Oy.

This is definitely a fair criticism of her.

To People mag (interview subject was 'how you deal with your racist experiences'): "I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn't anything new."

I hate it when people are so transparently in the wrong and their supporters probably still aren't going to see it. And it's not just that she's wrong with this, but that fashion of being wrong happens if you have overarching prejudice blinding you.

Is it racist to assume a Black person has a job?

Or might be willing to help someone?

Or might be willing to help someone?

I guess the only safe play is to say noting, of course then you are racist for not speaking to them