Sign in to follow this  
HTH

Fish recipe for Good Friday?

That won't get you into heaven.

"You know what kind of meat a priest can eat on Fridays?"

"Nun."

Melt butter and lemon pepper in small dish. Place Walleye filet on top. Microwave for 30 seconds. Flip filet over and microwave for another 30 seconds or until fish is white and flakey.

I know how it sounds but it works great and no fish smell in the house.

• Like 1

Except when his wife walks by. But you can't help that

open tuna can.

place contents in bowl.

add mayo

mix thoroughly.

add fresh crushed black pepper.

serve on fresh white bread or roll***

***don't skimp on the bread/roll quality

Melt butter and lemon pepper in small dish. Place Walleye filet on top. Microwave for 30 seconds. Flip filet over and microwave for another 30 seconds or until fish is white and flakey.

Got some walleye in the freezer my FIL caught and sent home with us. Might have to try that today

Get Potlash seasoning from willams sonoma, brush some oil, put seasoning on salmon fillet, bake, enjoy.

If you have leftovers can mash it up with mayo and it makes a fantastic salmon salad sandwich

My favorite.

Take a frying pan. Add butter. Add fish. Eat

I am not usually a great cook but this works for me with about any fish.

I used to work at a restaurant as a prep cook. They microwaved their fish. Hit it with lemon pepper... fake liquid butter and some water... cover with saran wrap and nuke for 3 minutes. Fridays they would sell it like crazy. Some times old bay and even cajun seasonibgs

Walleye sucks. Most all white fish does

If you dont know how to cook it then yea it does.

common! this is like asking how many colors are in the unicorn's rainbow horn.

simplest...

white fish filets

dredge in seasoned four

heat saute pan

melt butter

sear skin side down until golden brown

flip. finish.

alternative to that is to not dredge. coat in either oil or melted butter.

apply a favorite seasoning.

sear each side.

let me know it you would like some type of sauce for it

Wife is making scallops tonight; I'm sure it will involve butter and me angling for sex (with wife, not scallops). :dunno:

I used to work at a restaurant as a prep cook. They microwaved their fish. Hit it with lemon pepper... fake liquid butter and some water... cover with saran wrap and nuke for 3 minutes. Fridays they would sell it like crazy. Some times old bay and even cajun seasonibgs

It's actually not bad. I went by halibut steak and add lemon juice salt and pepper put it in a glass dish with Saran Wrap and a couple minutes later he was the most moist fish you could imagine.

And bonus, the whole kitchen didn't smell like hope Solo's practice shorts.

If you dont know how to cook it then yea it does.

No it sucks unless you deep fry it and in that case you can deep fry anything and itll taste okay :lol:

No it sucks unless you deep fry it and in that case you can deep fry anything and itll taste okay :lol:

That's pretty much how I feel about the south in general. These effers never met a fish they couldn't deep fry.

At that point, as long as it's some sort of alleged Whitefish, what the hell does it matter?

Far from the truth. Ive eaten all kinds of white fish that have prepared in different ways other than frying that taste amazing. Especially down in Charleston. Had one (forgot what kind of fish it was but I know it was a type of whitefish) that instead of blackened it was bronzed. Dont know how the chef prepared it but it had come out literally bronze looking and tasted out of this world. Was the special for the day. If youre ever in Charleston I highly recommend going to Slightly North of Broad. Or SNOB as it goes by having the name shortened

i prefer sole, tuna, snapper, opah, ono (wahoo), opakapaka, monkfish, butterfish, swordfish, mahi, bass, halibut, trout (many species), haddock, pollock...plus many other to non-white fish

i prefer sole, tuna, snapper, opah, ono (wahoo), opakapaka, monkfish, butterfish, swordfish, mahi, bass, halibut, trout (many species), haddock, pollock...plus many other to non-white fish

Might I suggest one you might not have even heard of before. Its called wreckfish. Went to that SNOB place I just talked about and Dad had gotten it. Waiter described it kind of like grouper but better. Dad scoffed at that cause he loves grouper but dam if Dad and me didnt change our minds. Its a type of fish that youll find in caves and wreck sites of the coast of the Carolinas. They feed on things like shrimp, crabs, and lobsters. A lot of your crustaceans. Let me tell you that is one DAM good fish

Alot of what used to be garbage fish are now populat.

Remember orange roughy? Its like the carp of the ocean. Same with tilapia.

Might I suggest one you might not have even heard of before. Its called wreckfish. Went to that SNOB place I just talked about and Dad had gotten it. Waiter described it kind of like grouper but better. Dad scoffed at that cause he loves grouper but dam if Dad and me didnt change our minds. Its a type of fish that youll find in caves and wreck sites of the coast of the Carolinas. They feed on things like shrimp, crabs, and lobsters. A lot of your crustaceans. Let me tell you that is one DAM good fish

i recall you chatting about wreckfish sometime before in another thread. i do not remember trying it (if i had, it has been a long time ago). will look for it, but imagine that it's hard to find on the left coast

i recall you chatting about wreckfish sometime before in another thread. i do not remember trying it (if i had, it has been a long time ago). will look for it, but imagine that it's hard to find on the left coast

Yea Im not sure if its native to the west coast but if you ever decide to visit Charleston (which I highly suggest since you love food as much as I do) then you should definitely try it.

Chilean sea bass? That is all Madison Avenue right there baby. Even the Japs wouldn't eat this ugly ass fish.

So some South American country brought in Madison Avenue to Rebrand this dude. It used to be called the Patagonian toothfish. And it is ugly.

They couldn't give it away. And now? It is damn near overfished.

No shiit. All marketing.

I want to try the Asian carp one of these days. I forget what they renamed it.

• Like 1

When tilapia got so big I was like wtf? Never a fan of it...its like the restaurant industry pushed it because it was cheap to them and people were sheep and started eating. Id tather eat cod than tilapia.

Im with Bier on several on his list...Halibut may be one of my favorites. Haddock is an old favorite when in Wisconsin.

Frick, back in the day I remember eating tilapia because it was like dirt cheap. Then suddenly...

My buddy Grey Pilgrim and I like to drive down to the Big Blue Diner for Interactive dinner theater and fried fish.

LOL

:thumbsup:

When tilapia got so big I was like wtf? Never a fan of it...its like the restaurant industry pushed it because it was cheap to them and people were sheep and started eating. Id tather eat cod than tilapia.

Im with Bier on several on his list...Halibut may be one of my favorites. Haddock is an old favorite when in Wisconsin.

All time favorite has and always will be tuna. Next would be catfish. I do like the other kinds of fish but being southern catfish just feels like home. And tuna is just flat out delicious. Especially bluefin tuna 🤤

Frick, back in the day I remember eating tilapia because it was like dirt cheap. Then suddenly...

Actually I remember reading that chefs were looking to expand their menus and finding out what they could do with different kinds of trash fish. Its where a lot of these types of fish became so popular

I married into a Michigan family so they are fans of "whitefish" from the Great Lakes. Like the two above, IMO they have essentially no taste in and of themselves; they rely on fats like butter and seasonings to create tastes. I prefer seared ahi, salmon, yellowtail, and others with actual taste. :thumbsup:

All time favorite has and always will be tuna. Next would be catfish. I do like the other kinds of fish but being southern catfish just feels like home. And tuna is just flat out delicious. Especially bluefin tuna

my absolute favorites (non-crustacean):

ahi- bigeye or yellowfin

monchong

sole

ono

opakapaka

monkfish

my absolute favorites (non-crustacean):

ahi- bigeye or yellowfin

monchong

sole

ono

opakapaka

monkfish

Monkfish is the t1ts. That is a dam good fish. Wife is horrified by how it looks and doesnt want to try it based on that lol

I married into a Michigan family so they are fans of "whitefish" from the Great Lakes. Like the two above, IMO they have essentially no taste in and of themselves; they rely on fats like butter and seasonings to create tastes. I prefer seared ahi, salmon, yellowtail, and others with actual taste. :thumbsup:

i am a fiend for hawaiian seafood. when we go out there it is almost all i consume. love the asian/pacific rim/polynesian flavor profiles and combinations..... mostly whitefish of some sort.

Monkfish is the t1ts. That is a dam good fish. Wife is horrified by how it looks and doesnt want to try it based on that lol

monchong is better, but you need to work on her with the monkfish (appearance-wise, it is the HT of the ocean though)