Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

OCD Test

100%, and I completely guessed on like 6 of them.

Same. Was thinking no way I'm getting 100% after so many guesses.

100%. Don't consider myself the slightest bit OCD.

I'm a lot of things. OCD is not one of them

Spent a couple hours on the first triangle comparison....couldn't find a difference so just quit. Guess I ain't OCD

100% as well. Maybe everyone gets 100%?

I'm going to take the test again and answer differently and see my score.

This time it said 100% OCD free.

Interesting...

Yeah I dunno, my first 3 Facebook friends got 100% too, but they are all engineer types. Then a psychologist friend took it and got nothing. So meh...

There should be a time component maybe?

Yeah I retook it and answered opposite of first test and got 100%

:bench:

Eye for details is not OCD............

100% and I am not OCD.

This.

OCD is an disorder where people use ritualized behavior to reduce unwarranted anxiety.

OCPD is the perfectionist personality disorder.

Most high achievers have some degree of OCPD.

This.

OCD is an disorder where people use ritualized behavior to reduce unwarranted anxiety.

We know. Shut up.

This.

That's sounds provable. Eye roll.

Got bored and didn't finish.

That's sounds provable. Eye roll.

He's probably right about his ED though

WTF does this mean? I don't make up the definitions.

To start, high achiever is subjective. Then I'm wondering if and how these high achievers were tested? Did they have a convention and test them there? Was Dwight Eisenhower OCD? Babe Ruth? The word "most" should have been the first clue that this was a made up thing.

To start, high achiever is subjective. Then I'm wondering if and how these high achievers were tested? Did they have a convention and test them there? Was Dwight Eisenhower OCD? Babe Ruth? The word "most" should have been the first clue that this was a made up thing.

Fvck, you guys need to chill the fock out. Read the diagnostic criteria for OCPD. Perfectionism, attention to detail and excessive devotion to work are components of it. Do you think most people who are high achievers have these characteristics? From an article in Psychology Today:

Jeff Lewis, a real-estate investor who buys and sells residential property in swanky Los Angeles neighborhoods, is preoccupied with order, symmetry, perfection, cleanliness, rules, and lists. If his refrigerator isn't stocked with bottles of Evian water, all with labels facing outwards, "there is hell to pay." But rather than tormenting the 37-year-old Lewis—star of the Bravo reality show Flipping Out—these obsessions have turned him into a multimillionaire. In Lewis's line of work, attention to detail is essential. Before putting a home back on the market, he must supervise months of painstaking renovations, typically at a cost of several hundred thousand dollars. "OK, I have a mental affliction," he says. "But it's an asset. My perfectionism sets my product apart."

Lewis has all the hallmarks of obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD), the most common personality disorder, affecting nearly 17 million Americans. Because all personality disorders lie on a spectrum from faint to acute, many millions more have a touch of OCPD: not enough of the symptoms to meet the diagnostic criteria, but enough to be considered especially persnickety.

Like Lewis, these people are often high achievers because of their so-called pathology—not in spite of it. "For accountants, lawyers, and engineers, it's a good fit," says psychologist Steven Phillipson, clinical director of Manhattan's Center for Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. As Glen Gabbard, psychoanalyst and professor of psychiatry at Baylor University, puts it, "The perfectionism, the thoroughness, the politeness, and the conscientiousness of the person with OCPD are adaptive. No one can get through medical school without OCPD traits!"

In fact for some professions, only those with OCPD need apply: Obsessions and compulsions drove the English language's three most famous lexicographers—Samuel Johnson, Noah Webster, and Peter Roget. Roget, a British doctor who completed his legendary Thesaurus at the age of 73, began compiling copious word lists when he was just 8. Much later, he organized his whole life into a list, dubbing his autobiography List of Principal Events.

Fvck, you guys need to chill the fock out. Read the diagnostic criteria for OCPD. Perfectionism, attention to detail and excessive devotion to work are components of it. Do you think most people who are high achievers have these characteristics? From an article in Psychology Today:

You seem obsessed with proving this :dunno:

Are you super smart and a high achiever because you have OCD, or the opposite? I sense it's the opposite for many. Look at you, all these "studies" keep reinforcing just how spectacular you are!

Are you super smart and a high achiever because you have OCD, or the opposite? I sense it's the opposite for many. Look at you, all these "studies" keep reinforcing just how spectacular you are!

I see that pen said he is not ocd, but I notice the little things.

neither. Nobody said anything about causality. Or smartness. Or OCD.

more compelled to prove how inane HT is.

Yet you prove that you are obsessed

Update?

I'll let you know after I check all the light switches.

I see that pen said he is not ocd, but I notice the little things.

Not talking about pen per se', talking about anyone who sees themselves in this jive.

I think there's a simpler way to see if you're OCD. Go read through Sho's daily postings, keeping in mind it's here and at Football Guys. If you don't find the volume let alone content over the top, you're OCD.

I think there's a simpler way to see if you're OCD. Go read through Sho's daily postings, keeping in mind it's here and at Football Guys. If you don't find the volume let alone content over the top, you're OCD.

I sure hope he has some sort of voice SW to type for him, like wiff and I think newbie do. At least that explains the volume of words. But from what Sho has said, he types on his phone. :unsure:

Mental note: never thumb wrestle Sho. :o

• Like 1