Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Does Michelle Obama look like an ape?

http://news.yahoo.com/univision-fires-rodner-figueroa-michelle-obama-182010184.html

Another knee jerk PC firing of a guy who made a joke. What is this world coming to when you can't even make fun of the first lady?

Comedians, cartoonists, and SNL routinely portray political figures as the ridiculous buffoons they are. Their caricatures are always over-the-top exaggerations of their looks and personalities.

So jokes about the first lady's looks are off limits because she's black, and a little monkeyfied?

There are plenty of white people who look like they have a little simian blood in them. Are they off limits now too?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1199491584/nm0000579?ref_=nmmi_mi_all_evt_19

http://www.thesportscol.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ny-daily-news.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FWM_XQLhTxw/maxresdefault.jpg

http://www.htl-wireless.com/hairy-man3.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HfSXLXtVnOI/SXUNGWI3IdI/AAAAAAAACGg/jMeKDvW8MzU/s400/hooting+bush.png

http://img2.rnkr-static.com/user_node_img/50009/1000173638/870/larry-king-monkey-all-people-photo-u2.jpg

https://emptysuit.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/105631_367304.jpg

http://clashdaily.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/ape-770x428.jpg

she does not look like an ape.

but she is a dead ringer for Patrick Ewings female doppelganger

Oh man....you will never win this.....just, never, give it up....

If anything, he should have been fired for being an idiot.

I don't think I'm going ouot on a limb when I say that if you refer to a black person as an ape anywhere outside of your circle of friends who share the same views, you're going to get some backlash. If you do it on TV, you're going to get fired.

How hard is this, people?

• Like 1

I don't think I'm going ouot on a limb when I say that if you refer to a black person as an ape anywhere outside of your circle of friends who share the same views, you're going to get some backlash. If you do it on TV, you're going to get fired.

that's why I called them cat fish instead.

It's one thing to joke about "the man". But one thing you never, ever do is joke about "the man's" woman. He crossed the line.

It's one thing to joke about "the man". But one thing you never, ever do is joke about "the man's" woman. He crossed the line.

yet, how many hundreds of times did we hear somebody making a joke about George Bush's wife looking like the oatmeal guy?

yet, how many hundreds of times did we hear somebody making a joke about George Bush's wife looking like the oatmeal guy?

So bcoz Tommy did it at recess it's okay for anyone else? This is one of the problems with stupid people - they can't think for themselves, they can't differentiate wrong from right without referring to the manual. This is also the moronic thinking that has Congress and the rest of this country in focking mess.

So bcoz Tommy did it at recess it's okay for anyone else? This is one of the problems with stupid people - they can't think for themselves, they can't differentiate wrong from right without referring to the manual. This is also the moronic thinking that has Congress and the rest of this country in focking mess.

settle down there feisty bunny. I was agreeing with you. I think it should be an unwritten rule that you can go after the man like you said, but never ever go after the man's wife kids etc.

apparently we can't say somebody looks like an ape but we can tell a woman and her kids in front of the entire world thatshe looks like a man.

and, the problem with stupid people is the inability to do comparative analysis.

He might have used poor judgement, but, he didn't call her a porch monkey. He simply made a comment about her looks to get a laugh. For that, his career is over. PC is taking more and more control of the entertainment and media worlds, making it much less entertaining.

Don Rickles was never fired or forced to apologize. Carroll O'Connor was never driven off the air for his comments as Archie Bunker. People generally regard them as comedic legends.

Yet, Imus, Julianna Rancic, Anthony Cumia, this guy and others lose their jobs trying to make a joke. Granted, none of them anywhere near as funny as Rickles and O'Connor, but they aren't even given a chance to be.

People are taking themselves far too seriously.

eta: Rancic hasn't lost her job, but she's catching a buncha crap and the show may be doomed as a result.

True, no argument on this; and yet, how can a group so overly sensitive to pretty much everything justify their own usage of racism and stereotypes?

Was it rude? Yes

Is it true? Yes

Since it is rude, you should not say it on TV.

Was it rude? Yes

Is it true? Yes

Since it is rude, you should not say it on TV.

How many times has Rickles been on tv?

How many Comedy Central Roasts have they had in the last 10 years?

How many times has Triumph the insult comic dog been on tv?

How long has Howard Stern been on the air?

People are made fun of for their looks all the time on tv and on the radio.

In that context, go for it. On some faggy fashion tv show prolly not.

Call a black person an ape...yeah, you will get canned. Anyone surprised by this is an idiot.

Call a black person an ape...yeah, you will get canned. Anyone surprised by this is an idiot.

This

You can't compare comedians to any schmo on a TV show. You expect Don Rickles to insult somebody, or that everyone will insulted at a roast.

Apples and oranges.

True, no argument on this; and yet, how can a group so overly sensitive to pretty much everything justify their own usage of racism and stereotypes?

They can't.

Trying to explain why black people are free to call each other the n-word yet it's racist when anyone else does it is impossible. And it's really started happening with the last generation when rap exploded, so it's not like appropriating that word for themselves has been an empowering act for generations.

It's sad and silly and makes no sense but it's a fact of life.

I get your point, but his comment wasn't funny, and certainly not part of a comedic routine a la Rickles. So, how exactly did she look like an ape? Was she wearing a long hair jacket? Honest question. Because it seems like he was just saying she naturally looks like an ape. Which you can argue is true for some AAs, but nevertheless that word has become part of the racist lexicon.

• Like 1

You can't compare comedians to any schmo on a TV show. You expect Don Rickles to insult somebody, or that everyone will insulted at a roast.

Apples and oranges.

I don't think comedians and roasters should have exclusive rights to insulting people's looks over the airwaves. If you're ugly, or you're caught looking ugly in a photo, you're fair game for whoever wants to point that out.

I understand that some racist rednecks used to (and still do) compare black people to apes. But that's not what this guy did.

We've become a nation of over-sensitive, PC, fake-outraged, holier than thou, judgmental pricks.

I get your point, but his comment wasn't funny, and certainly not part of a comedic routine a la Rickles. So, how exactly did she look like an ape? Was she wearing a long hair jacket? Honest question. Because it seems like he was just saying she naturally looks like an ape. Which you can argue is true for some AAs, but nevertheless that word has become part of the racist lexicon.

Maybe not funny, but isn't that what these shows do? Joan Rivers made a killing talking about how awful celebs looked on her show.

I guess I should stop singing the alternative lyrics to happy birthday at my sons' parties. God forbid I offend someone by trying to make a first-grader laugh a little.

Apes and oranges.

racist.

Maybe not funny, but isn't that what these shows do? Joan Rivers made a killing talking about how awful celebs looked on her show.

I guess I should stop singing the alternative lyrics to happy birthday at my sons' parties. God forbid I offend someone by trying to make a first-grader laugh a little.

Do the alternate lyrics contain a racial slur or something? If so, I agree that you probably shouldn't sing that to first graders :thumbsup:

I don't think comedians and roasters should have exclusive rights to insulting people's looks over the airwaves. If you're ugly, or you're caught looking ugly in a photo, you're fair game for whoever wants to point that out.

I understand that some racist rednecks used to (and still do) compare black people to apes. But that's not what this guy did.

We've become a nation of over-sensitive, PC, fake-outraged, holier than thou, judgmental pricks.

People tune into comedy routines with an expectation to hear something outrageous and over the line. Surely you can see the difference between a Howard Stern bit and a show commenting on fashion, right?

If we go by the standard of "If you're ugly, or you're caught looking ugly in a photo, you're fair game for whoever wants to point that out", then what we've really become is a nation of focking assh0les.

I tend to err on the side of free speech, and I agree with your basic premise about our oversensitized poosification.

That being said, in 2015 you can't say the black First Lady of the US looks like an ape. If, say, she looked trashy and he said she looked like some crack whoore hooker from the projects, he might get fired as well but I'd be on your side. Because (1) he is commenting on her specific look in the pictures, and (2) he did it in a way that isn't specifically racist.

I've never understood the appeal of the little Olsen twin girls.

I've always found them to be particularly unattractive and chimp looking: baby chimps

They got nose jobs to make them look less ape like.

• Like 1

I've always found them to be particularly unattractive and chimp looking: baby chimps

GFIAFP Fodder

On Full House they were cast for their precocious sassiness and (totally non-sex appeal) cuteness. Later on, like most young women they sought to be pretty and sexy and were able to harness tabloid attention because of established fame. At the same time they were doing good business with their fashion lines and wound up styling themselves for cred there, and often times that's arguably non-conventional image appeal, but avant-garde stuff. There's never been this organic idea that they're particularly attractive.

But if you just feel like saying white girls can have noses similar to primate's, gotcha :thumbsup: