Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Who started Ogletree tonight?

Other than that chick from my human resources department we all laughed at on draft night? :dunno:

I'm honestly kind of surprised more people weren't talking about him as a possible sleeper considering what LRob did last year and the health of Austin/Witten.

Congratulations Kevin! YOU are now the first race to the wire of 2012!

:banana:

I was thin at wr an the rules in my league are slightly different so I started oggie in 3 spots. My lineup looks like this.

Qb-Brady

Rb-Fred jax

Rb-Doug martin

Wr-ogletree

Wr-ogletree

Flex-ogletree

Te-gates

K-tynes

Dst-packers

He looked pretty damn good in the preseason.. I just assumed it was another one of those guys who disappears once the season starts.

Who's adding Ogle?

Added him mid-game. Waivers run from Sunday to Tuesday - guess most guys in the league thought it was first game to Tuesday but not my problem. :banana:

Now the question is do I spend my hard earned #1 WW priority from drafting 12/12 in my other league to get him? Is he Laurent Robinson II or Devery Henderson II?

What is the host site for your league and why were the waivers not set from the 1st game to Tuesday. Was your commissioner totally asleep? And I sure hope you are not the commish.

There will be Thursday games every week from here on out. I'd suggest your league change the settings IMMEDIATELY.

I was thin at wr an the rules in my league are slightly different so I started oggie in 3 spots. My lineup looks like this.

Qb-Brady

Rb-Fred jax

Rb-Doug martin

Wr-ogletree

Wr-ogletree

Flex-ogletree

Te-gates

K-tynes

Dst-packers

:doublethumbsup:

I already had Romo & Murray, so Ogletree wasn't even on my radar.

He's quietly been coming on, especially in the last month after much success from those WR's under him. He came through tonight bigtime tonight :thumbsup:

ROMO 1

ELI 0

Added him mid-game. Waivers run from Sunday to Tuesday - guess most guys in the league thought it was first game to Tuesday but not my problem. :banana:

Now the question is do I spend my hard earned #1 WW priority from drafting 12/12 in my other league to get him? Is he Laurent Robinson II or Devery Henderson II?

:first:

:dunno:

Who the fock is kevin ogletree?! Every career disappointment just needs to start once for the boys and they will be the instant best wr on the team. Miles austin, Lrob, oogie... dwayne harris whem oogie gets injured?

I was debating on picking him on one team but thought "nah! Greg salas is on the patriots. Why would i need someone who is going to score 2 td all season on my team."

Focker.

Who the fock is kevin ogletree?! Every career disappointment just needs to start once for the boys and they will be the instant best wr on the team. Miles austin

what? :lol:

Not to try and pimp another site, but FBG's Bob Henry amazingly had Ogletree as one of his "if you're desperate" sleepers...

If you're desperate (worth a look in deeper leagues)

Kevin Ogletree, Dal at NYG

In deeper leagues or those with multiple flex spots, Ogletree makes some sense as a swing for the fence kind of pick. Jason Witten is highly questionable for Wednesday's season kick-off, so perhaps the Cowboys could utilize Ogletree more often. The Giants gave up 60 pass plays last year of 20+ yards, fourth most in the league, and Ogletree opens the season manning the slot for the Cowboys – a spot where Laurent Robinson thrived last year. In fact, two of Robinson's best games last year came against the Giants (4-137-1 and 4-61-2).

Anything's possible, but I have to believe that this was just a flukey performance. Giants D was caught with their pants down.

One thing is for sure....he'll be a waiver-wire darling this week. Every Tom Diick and Harry will be shouting:

MORE OGLETREE PLEASE!!

If you started OgleTD this week, you probably had a pretty crappy draft. There was no clue that he would have this kind of performance. That said, he will be a WW darling, but I will need to see another good week out of him to drop my waiver priority on him. I don't like chasing players that have one good game out of no where.

Ogle was going against the 4th and 5th corner of the Giant's depleted secondary. He was a flash in the pan. Happens every season, a guy goes off and then is never heard from again.

He was a flash in the pan. Happens every season, a guy goes off and then is never heard from again.

Says every FF owner who passed on Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, and Laurent Robinson last season.

We may never hear Ogle's name again, but there is a track record of WR's who come out of nowhere. At least Ogle has taken over the role of the WR3 in Dallas, which L-Rob proved last season, can produce big time numbers. The other thing that jumps out is the 11 targets he got, the next highest was Dez with 5. Clearly Romo must trust K.O. enough to go to him this many times in a game. The guys who are never heard from again put up these numbers on 2-3 miraculous plays where they may have gotten lucky. This wasn't luck, it was methodical. K.O. even had a chance for a 3rd TD, that Romo threw behind him. He was the primary red-zone target last night. As far as playing against 4th and 5th string CB's, he's the WR3, who would you expect to be covering him? He's going to see weak defenders all season long. Or, like I said, we may never hear Ogle's name again.

The point is, if you've got a guy on your bench that you're not sure about, why not take a chance? It's not like it will cost you much.

Says every FF owner who passed on Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, and Laurent Robinson last season.

We may never hear Ogle's name again, but there is a track record of WR's who come out of nowhere. At least Ogle has taken over the role of the WR3 in Dallas, which L-Rob proved last season, can produce big time numbers. The other thing that jumps out is the 11 targets he got, the next highest was Dez with 5. Clearly Romo must trust K.O. enough to go to him this many times in a game. The guys who are never heard from again put up these numbers on 2-3 miraculous plays where they may have gotten lucky. This wasn't luck, it was methodical. K.O. even had a chance for a 3rd TD, that Romo threw behind him. He was the primary red-zone target last night. As far as playing against 4th and 5th string CB's, he's the WR3, who would you expect to be covering him? He's going to see weak defenders all season long. Or, like I said, we may never hear Ogle's name again.

The point is, if you've got a guy on your bench that you're not sure about, why not take a chance? It's not like it will cost you much.

:thumbsup:

There isnt just a track record the past few years, the cowboys have had their fair share of out of nowhere wrs to step up. Maybe we arent giving romo enough credit here. Isnt it possible that romo targets his wr3 more often because he knows the coverage will be softer? As long as the guy can catch romo will probably target him some more. The td i saw was definitely blown coverage. I dont think we see plays like that again but he is worth a shot. Although my bench is loaded with breakouts so i am not sure where i will find room.

Im in 3 leagues, no one has bothered to pick him up. None of the leagues are over 10 teams, so maybe everyone feels stacked with what they have.

I aint grabbin him :dunno:

Even though players don't go on Waivers until Sunday (Yahoo league?), in our league, players who have played are not eligible to be picked up and we consider them on waivers. You guys should consider the same. It kind of defeats the purpose of the Sunday thru Tuesday waivers if you guys can pick up players from the early games.

I have the same question as you. I have the #1 waiver, my WRs 3 and 4 are Randall Cobb (return yardage league) and Lance Moore. I'd really like to hold onto my #1 waiver for something better, say for Bernard Pierce if Rice goes down, but I have to consider Ogletree.

Someone had to pickup where Robinson left off last year, right? I stashed Harris late in the draft expecting it to be him.

Temper expectations, though. Remember that he was lined up against the Giant's #5 CB with Amukamara and Thomas out. That's not going to happen very often. You're going to have a lot of room to abuse the #5 CB and put up big numbers.

That was a great call. Spot on.

Gets even better...he was FBG's Pasquino's "Sleeper of the Week", written on Tuesday the 4th.

Gets even better...he was FBG's Pasquino's "Sleeper of the Week", written on Tuesday the 4th.

There are literally thousands of prognosticators that try to predict sleepers each week, someone is bound to get one right once in a while.

There are literally thousands of prognosticators that try to predict sleepers each week, someone is bound to get one right once in a while.

Yeah, I realize the sun shines on every dog's arse at least once, but two guys on the same site touting Ovaltine as a sleeer...c'mon...how can you be so obtuse?

In one of my leagues some dork drafted the entire Cowboys offense and started them...except Ogletree. :bandana:

:lol:

Homers never do well in FF.

I'm honestly kind of surprised more people weren't talking about him as a possible sleeper considering what LRob did last year and the health of Austin/Witten.

He has been in the league for 4 years I think and has never shown anything (12 catches total or something?). In fact, last year when Miles Austin went down (who I had in my dynasty league) I picked up Ogletree and started him the next week. He dropped a few balls, looked lost, and within the next 3 weeks Robinson became the man. Ogletree had the opportunity and the QB and he made nothing of it. This year I kept him on my "watch list" but nobody drafted him in our 12 teamer.

I am not surprised that people weren't talking about him. There was never any reason to.