Sign in to follow this  
Vtfanatic

Anyone else worried about Cook after tonight?

One preseason game shouldn't typically change rankings that drastically. I thought he was way too damn risky to take anywhere near the top 2 rounds. Murray has always been a solid back, so people who thought he was terrible were definitely off.

Cook had a only a couple plays, crazy to jump to a conclusion on a talented player that got eased back into minor game action...I only wish I had FF owners in my league ready give up on a player after 2 or 3 non-productive plays maybe even ready to trade-away..

He’s worthy of a rb2.

I think he will have a very good season, and l Murray will be a good back up all season long.

I think D Cook could and will post top ten rb non ppr ff points it’s season.

Royce Freeman's other 4 carries went for a total of 2 yards but that's not what folks are emphasizing about him tonight Perhaps if Cook had been given a few more plays, he would have flashed a little of what we've come to expect from him.

I'm worried about my 11th pick in non-PPR/TD heavy. It isn't pretty if the RBs I have to choose from at 2.02 are Cook/Howard/Freeman.

I'm worried about my 11th pick in non-PPR/TD heavy. It isn't pretty if the RBs I have to choose from at 2.02 are Cook/Howard/Freeman.

Nothing wrong with Howard. Do you mean Devonta?

Nothing wrong with Howard. Do you mean Devonta?

I don't mind Howard, but I consider him a noticeable drop off of guys like Gordon/Fournette/Barkley/Hunt, so it sucks to pick at the top of round 2 and only get that. Feels very disadvantageous considering the wait until my third. And yeah, talking Devonta (who I like even less at that spot in non-PPR).

I don't mind Howard, but I consider him a noticeable drop off of guys like Gordon/Fournette/Barkley/Hunt, so it sucks to pick at the top of round 2 and only get that. Feels very disadvantageous considering the wait until my third. And yeah, talking Devonta (who I like even less at that spot in non-PPR).

How many receivers do you expect to be off the board by your 2nd pick? You are probably still looking at two of Gordon, Howard, Hunt, and McCaffrey. That's an advantage to have two potentially strong rbs over the top guys.

Also, I would not like non ppr in a 12 teamer

It takes awhile to get used to game speed. Plus there's the psychological aspect of cutting on the repaired knee. He needs to get hit a few times and see it hold up before he'll trust it.

How many receivers do you expect to be off the board by your 2nd pick? You are probably still looking at two of Gordon, Howard, Hunt, and McCaffrey. That's an advantage to have two potentially strong rbs over the top guys.

Also, I would not like non ppr in a 12 teamer

My guess going into 1.11 is the following will be on the board:

Hunt, Beckham, Jones, Cook, Thomas, Howard

Touchdowns are worth 10 points in this league, so you need your RB1 (and preferably your RB2 also) to be the man at the goal line (which is why I'm not big on McCaffrey in that league). If I take Beckham I think the 12th draft spot goes RB-RB leaving Cook or Howard as my RB1. If I go Hunt, I'm probably looking at Julio or Cook with my second pick. I just think the middle of that draft is going to pan out better, as that sets up along the lines of Gordon/Adams, Fournette/Thomas, etc, plus still being in position for a guy like Collins in the third.

Touchdowns are worth 10 points in this league, so you need your RB1 (and preferably your RB2 also) to be the man at the goal line (which is why I'm not big on McCaffrey in that league). If I take Beckham I think the 12th draft spot goes RB-RB leaving Cook or Howard as my RB1. If I go Hunt, I'm probably looking at Julio or Cook with my second pick. I just think the middle of that draft is going to pan out better, as that sets up along the lines of Gordon/Adams, Fournette/Thomas, etc, plus still being in position for a guy like Collins in the third.

Pray Odell is there with that scoring. He has yet to have a non 10td complete season.

Pray Odell is there with that scoring. He has yet to have a non 10td complete season.

If his ass can stay on the field he will be a top 3 WR for sure.

I traded out of 1.11 with Hunt and Kamara already claimed as keepers. Hunt is mine, and I didn't love who I was having to reach for at 11 or 14.

I gave up 11th overall, 14th overall, 6th rounder (62 overall). I got back 2nd overall, 24th overall, 98 overall.

I feel good about pairing David Johnson or Gurley with Kareem Hunt and still getting a Baldwin type WR at 24th overall. Draft is in a few hours and this trade came down to the wire before our pre draft trade lock. We will see how it goes.

You will be looking at a legit 1st round rb and then Howard in the 2nd most likley. Advantage you

Would be very happy to pick up Howard as a rb2 in a non ppr league.

I used to come to this site for research/help. Most posters were fairly knowledgeable. This post proves it's time to move on from the forums. It's PRE-SEASON!!! Means absolutely nothing. Absolutely ridiculous if tonight's game changed your opinion on Cook that much. Go ahead and draft Joe Mixon or Jordan Howard over him... Wish some of you guys were in my league.

I used to come to this site for research/help. Most posters were fairly knowledgeable. This post proves it's time to move on from the forums. It's PRE-SEASON!!! Means absolutely nothing. Absolutely ridiculous if tonight's game changed your opinion on Cook that much. Go ahead and draft Joe Mixon or Jordan Howard over him... Wish some of you guys were in my league.

The guy who started the thread has even less posts than you do.

Your overreaction in your opinion about the forum is pretty much equivalent to his overreaction in his opinion about Cook.

I would draft Mixon or Howard over him

The guy who started the thread has even less posts than you do.

Your overreaction in your opinion about the forum is pretty much equivalent to his overreaction in his opinion about Cook.

Lol wow great post.

We are all guesstimating at this point but I think it will be a 60/40 split w Murray between the tackles. Legit question but especially in ppr leagues Cook should have good numbers and Cousins should spread the ball around.

pre-season means a lot. can show usage and trends for the plans for players. Personally I have Howard, Cook and Mixon RB 12-14 so really splitting hairs.

pre-season means a lot. can show usage and trends for the plans for players. Personally I have Howard, Cook and Mixon RB 12-14 so really splitting hairs.

Pre-season games only mean a lot to guys trying to make the roster, and keeping starters from getting hurt before the season starts.

pre-season means a lot. can show usage and trends for the plans for players .

No it doesn’t and no it can’t.

So what do you think about Gurley.

He hasn’t played during the preseason.

Thanks for the reply.

I should have been clearer with my original post. I was deciding whether to keep Cook at 31 dollars or DJ at 62 dollars. Both weee coming off injuries. I went with DJ for the certainty. The concern was around Murray eating into Cooks snaps and goal line carries

True both will be returning from injuries.

But those two injuries couldn’t farther about when it comes to the seriousness of those injuries.

Keeping D J would be the smart think to do.

Thanks.

Pre-season games only mean a lot to guys trying to make the roster, and keeping starters from getting hurt before the season starts.

Pre-season gives clues to questions

No it doesn’t and no it can’t.

small thinking. those who see the signs in pre-season have fantasy football advantages over those who dismiss preseason

So what do you think about Gurley.

He hasn’t played during the preseason.

Thanks for the reply.

Were there questions about Gurley going into the preseason?

Ok so I guess not then.

Thanks for the reply, it was expected.

small thinking. those who see the signs in pre-season have fantasy football advantages over those who dismiss preseason

Pre-season doesn't mean sh!t. Very little can be gleamed from it. Le'Veon Beill will obviously disappoint this year because he hasn't played, same for Gurley.

No they dont. Coaches purposely keep their game plans and tactics under wraps. Watching to see if players pass the eye test is the only advantage one can hope to gain.

No they dont. Coaches purposely keep their game plans and tactics under wraps. Watching to see if players pass the eye test is the only advantage one can hope to gain.

Nagy for the Bears didn't play his starters against KC, and has closed their practices for the remainder of the preseason. So yes.

Pre-season doesn't mean sh!t. Very little can be gleamed from it. Le'Veon Beill will obviously disappoint this year because he hasn't played, same for Gurley.

Wrong. Good fantasy players can gain advantage by picking up on many situations and usage in preseason. CMC usage for example, pre-season shows feature RB, others still consider him a RB2.

But we still see which players run with the ones, how many reps in the slot, etc...