Sign in to follow this  
Phinfan0301

Josh Gordon owners. Are you starting him this week? (pitch count discussion)

Here is my situation. I have Josh Gordon, Corey Davis, Will Fuller V, and Alshon Jeffery as my WR's in a 14 team league. Jeffery is out and Fuller is definitely going to be 1 of my 2 WR's I start this week. So the choice is between Davis and Gordon. Do I go with Gordon?

I think I do...i believe based on Hue's latest statements and nothing but positive reports on his health and condition...the Browns are just trying to keep their Ace up their sleeve against the Steelers. I read that Gordon is expected to get more than the 8 looks he averaged last year. I think the hamstring thing was overblown. They're playing their hated nemesis the Steelers...why would they show their cards if they don't have to?

Are you going with Gordon? Am I making the right choice with going with Gordon/Fuller? Or should I substitute Corey Davis?

There was discussion in another thread today about the potential for rainy and windy weather in Cleveland Sunday. So check the weather as gametime approaches and make sure that it won't be crazy bad (some were tossing the "monsoon" word around).

i'd start Gordon first over Davis. But once there were signs that Mariota and Davis were starting to gel, I might make Davis my default start. It's easier for me to believe that Matt LeFleur can work some of the magic in Tennessee that he helped oversee in LA than it is to believe in Hue Jackson and the Browns. I could also see Davis having an eventual target share vs the likes of Delanie-Rishard-Dion-etc that's a little higher than the target share Gordon gets vs Jarvis-Duke-David-etc.

Gordon and Davis.

Sounds like Fuller is still hurting and looking like a game time decision.

Fuller is a game time decision so you will obviously want to pay attention to that. Same hammy issues as Gordon.

Starting Gordon & Tyreek however John Ross,Golloday,Mike Williams,and D.J.Moore all have the potential of putting regrets starting Storm Gordon

I am fading him in the 2 leagues I own him in....for Jordy and John Brown. We all know that Gordon could go off, even with limited playing time.....but just trying to hedge my bets a bit.

I am fading him in the 2 leagues I own him in....for Jordy and John Brown. We all know that Gordon could go off, even with limited playing time.....but just trying to hedge my bets a bit.

Man Jordy is a really tough play this week. I would not be very comfortable. If I had to start Jordy, I would honestly be looking to add Bruce Ellington and start him.

Man Jordy is a really tough play this week. I would not be very comfortable.

You're right man....Rams secondary is for real. However, deep league with few options. My reasoning is this:

Carr will throw for at least 200 yards....likely more. Cooper will be blanketed, and perhaps doubled. Lynch ain't catching many balls. So, there will be some receiving yards available for someone. Jordy is savvy enough to get open on the big stage Monday night....and a TD is quite possible. It's always been his forte.

May change my mind, though....I do have the option of Sterling Shepard against that Jag D. Actually hope that Gordon has a great game, so that I can start him with confidence from here on out.

Don't own him but I would not start him.

The weather/storm on top of Gordon's status makes the logic/call easy in this situation.

Don't own him but I would not start him.

The weather/storm on top of Gordon's status makes the logic/call easy in this situation.

This. Sustained winds of 15-20 mph plus heavy rain. Have to play AB if you have him but temper expectations. Def don't want a K in this game

This. Sustained winds of 15-20 mph plus heavy rain. Have to play AB if you have him but temper expectations. Def don't want a K in this game

It would be nice to see all stadiums with domes. Completely killed my vibe on Conner for this week.

• Like 1

It would be nice to see all stadiums with domes. Completely killed my vibe on Conner for this week.

I don't understand your logic.

A storm means more carries and better chance of breaking off a long TD run... less throws... possibly more swing passes to RBs.

Connor is a top 10 RB play.

Plus I heard that Conner is a mudder, and his mutter is a mudder...

Plus I heard that Conner is a mudder, and his mutter is a mudder...

Ah...you beat me to the punch. One of the funniest sitcom lines eva!

However I will add that acc to rotoworld the game total has dropped 5 points due to the weather. If true that seems kinda crazy.

I love the great outdoors. I wish domes were outlawed in football. One of my favorites was the fog bowl between philly and the Bears. So much entertainment value.

Doesn't Gordon have a hammy? Not a good thing to have as a wide receiver in the slop or even in good weather.

The weather has me benching Gordon now. It helps that I can flex him with Ginn this week. Tampa looks like bothe starting corners are out and I also have Brees.

A storm means more carries and better chance of breaking off a long TD run... less throws... possibly more swing passes to RBs.

If it's just rainy, then yeah I can see that. If it's a monsoon, like some seem to think, there isn't going to be much scoring at all. I can easily see a less than 3 ypc against the Browns d line if it's really sloppy.

I started him everywhere becauwe it wasn't a monsoon

What a great score to tie that game up.

People should have benched Gordon as soon as they said he would be on a pitch count. Him scoring means nothing, he had 8 ppr points, that’s not a good start.

People should have benched Gordon as soon as they said he would be on a pitch count. Him scoring means nothing, he had 8 ppr points, that’s not a good start.

Looks like he's healthy, but Taylor and the oline were less than impressive. He'll work his way into getting more targets but there are a lot of WRs who can catch on CLE

Very happy w his performance yesterday. Given the weather, pitch count and horrible qb play he still showed what he can do. It was also good to see who they went to in crunch time. If Tyrod had any arm at all he would have led Gordon on that last throw for another TD and Cleveland would have won.

Now my only worry is can the qb play improve.

Now my only worry is can the qb play improve.

Yep....get Mayfield on the field.

(and on your benches)

Gordon should be good now that hes in the mix. I expect him to play a normal game next week.