Sign in to follow this  
lambert58

The ultimate happy/sad moment.

My son graduated from high school tonight. What a great and proud moment for me. I met up with him after the ceremony and had a chance to give him a hug, tell him I love him, and to take a few pictures with him. After a few moment's of chit chat he had to leave to go to his mom's house to visit with her relatives that came in for the ceremony.

These are the moments that you want to spend with your child and laugh together and completely enjoy the moment. Instead I am sitting in a hotel room typing to my fellow geeks. :thumbsdown:

This was the ultimate sad/happy event of my life so far.

I think I need to go down to the bar and get completely wasted.

Dude, I can't empathize, but you seem like a caring father. Congrats on your son's graduation, enjoy the moment. :thumbsdown:

Dude, I can't empathize, but you seem like a caring father. Congrats on your son's graduation, enjoy the moment. :thumbsdown:

Thanks...He's a great kid that will be attending Purdue next fall. I am lucky that he will be coming to spend the summer with me before college starts. It is killing me that I can't be with him tonight though.

Thanks...He's a great kid that will be attending Purdue next fall. I am lucky that he will be coming to spend the summer with me before college starts. It is killing me that I can't be with him tonight though.

I wish I was a father. Congrats. :thumbsdown:

Haven't had the graduation, but can completely understand. Many times the kids have gone over to their mom's house for an occasion and you feel empty

Is it amicable between you and your ex?

Purdue is a great school, is he interested in engineering? Anyway, if it helps to share sorrow stories... My dad had terminal cancer as I approached HS graduation. I was co-valedictorian but he couldn't attend. We taped my speech (1985 technology), and instead of going out to post-graduation parties, I went home and sat with him as he watched it. I'll never forget him clapping at the end. He was fairly lucid at the time. He died 11 days later.

Not sure of the relevance, just felt like typing this, and I have a tear in my eyes as I do. Except to say that your son loves you.

Haven't had the graduation, but can completely understand. Many times the kids have gone over to their mom's house for an occasion and you feel empty

Is it amicable between you and your ex?

A lot of time has passed since the divorce (14 years) but we are not "close". We talk maybe 3 times a year and then it is only briefly. I miss her........but I keep adjusting the sights so there is hope. :thumbsdown:

Purdue is a great school, is he interested in engineering? Anyway, if it helps to share sorrow stories... My dad had terminal cancer as I approached HS graduation. I was co-valedictorian but he couldn't attend. We taped my speech (1985 technology), and instead of going out to post-graduation parties, I went home and sat with him as he watched it. I'll never forget him clapping at the end. He was fairly lucid at the time. He died 11 days later.

Not sure of the relevance, just felt like typing this, and I have a tear in my eyes as I do. Except to say that your son loves you.

Wow, an emotional night for me just got a little more emotional. Thanks for sharing your story. My son is going for Computer information Technology. Purdue has one of the better programs in the country.

Wow, an emotional night for me just got a little more emotional. Thanks for sharing your story. My son is going for Computer information Technology. Purdue has one of the better programs in the country.

Well, I hope it helped. My situation was different of course. Just know that people out here care. :thumbsdown:

JK - you kill me everytime with that story. B)

Lambert - I feel for you. I thank God that I have an OK relationship with the mother of my oldest son. We :P all the time but when it comes to the boy NOTHING gets between us, not my other kids, her other kids. bla bla bla.

Anyway - sounds like you are a caring loving dad - have a great time with him this summer- that surely can make up for the empty feeling you have tonight.

(Did you go to the bar and pick up a loose lady??)

Good Luck brother :lol:

I'm with ya man. My daughter graduated last night and then went to my old house for her party. I chose not to request an alternate location, feeling it would be much more natural for her to be in her house. My parents, a brother,his daughter, and my girlfriend, enjoyed our own small celebration the night before. I am very proud of my daughter. She is going to college on a volleyball scholarship, and was an honor grad. (shameless plug)

I'm with ya man. My daughter graduated last night and then went to my old house for her party. I chose not to request an alternate location, feeling it would be much more natural for her to be in her house. My parents, a brother,his daughter, and my girlfriend, enjoyed our own small celebration the night before. I am very proud of my daughter. She is going to college on a volleyball scholarship, and was an honor grad. (shameless plug)

Congrats to you and your daughter.

I feel for you man. Thank God I have a good relationship with my ex. I wouldn't feel out of place going over to her place for a the after graduation party. Any chance you could have attended?

My son graduated from high school tonight. What a great and proud moment for me. I met up with him after the ceremony and had a chance to give him a hug, tell him I love him, and to take a few pictures with him. After a few moment's of chit chat he had to leave to go to his mom's house to visit with her relatives that came in for the ceremony.

These are the moments that you want to spend with your child and laugh together and completely enjoy the moment. Instead I am sitting in a hotel room typing to my fellow geeks. :thumbsdown:

That's a damned shame. There was no chance of your ex allowing you to come over to the house to enjoy YOUR son's big day? Hell, my wife's parents have been divorced since my wife was nine. Mrs. Steve and her mother left in the middle of the night because her father was a drunk and was becoming more and more abusive every day. Even with that kind of past, Mrs. Steve's mother and father can be in the same room with each other, and not cause any uncomfortability.

Pardon me if this is a silly question. I've never been divorced and don't have any close family members (other than my wife's) that are divorced.

I was the first of all my fathers kids to graduate from college. But I have an older brother that's a lawyer, a younger sister, also a lawyer, another younger sister with just a bachelors, but she's cute, and an even younger sister currently in grad school. So, my Dad has been to a lot of graduations. I thought it was kinda lame, because he likely contributed less than $10,000 to my undergraduate education, and paid much more for each of my sisters, and when I graduated, when we took the picture, he held out an empty wallet, as a joke. He mighta done the same joke, 10 years later, after I paid my own way through grad school. Can't find that pic.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1599/grad949iu.jpg

Imagine that. GFIAFP turning this into a "LOOK AT ME!!!! LOOK AT ME!!!" thread.

FYI. My parents divorced when I was 10 and have both remarried. My three little sisters are 2 steps, and a half. Dad converted to Judaism, Mom married a black guy ... and I'm fine with all of it. Love them all.

Do you know how much of a rat's ass I give? None. And I thought you were banned? Oh that's right, you screw Mike over once again.

guarantee that was the happiest day of his life. great story

when my daughter graduated, we had a party and everyone put aside their differences and got together under one roof: me, my wife, my ex-wife, my mother-in-law. it was fine.

i'd encourage you to work out a similar sort of relationship with your ex where you can all get together for such an event.

FYI. My parents divorced when I was 10 and have both remarried. My three little sisters are 2 steps, and a half. Dad converted to Judaism, Mom married a black guy ... and I'm fine with all of it. Love them all.

Who gives a fock?

:reported:

That's a damned shame. There was no chance of your ex allowing you to come over to the house to enjoy YOUR son's big day? Hell, my wife's parents have been divorced since my wife was nine. Mrs. Steve and her mother left in the middle of the night because her father was a drunk and was becoming more and more abusive every day. Even with that kind of past, Mrs. Steve's mother and father can be in the same room with each other, and not cause any uncomfortability.

Pardon me if this is a silly question. I've never been divorced and don't have any close family members (other than my wife's) that are divorced.

judging by how you come across on your posts, i can see why you dont have any close family members or friends, d!ck

Congrats to your son :banana:

Purdue is one of the best Big Ten schools to go to not named Wisconsin. :banana:

...and this is why I spend my life savings. To avoid joining your club.

Congratulations to you and your son. Looks like he's working hard on becoming quite the man.

judging by how you come across on your posts, i can see why you dont have any close family members or friends, d!ck

1) What precisely did I post that you find offensive?

2) Who are you?

The graduation party was the next day and I did stop by briefly to talk to my son. I will be having a graduation party in 2 weeks for my side of the family. The other focked up thing about graduation night was that my Step-son graduated from high school the same night 700 miles away. My wife, step-daughter and youngest step-son stayed in Arkansas for that graduation so I was alone for my son's graduation. That did not help the situation.

My ex-wife wanted my son to stay with her the night of graduation because she had family in from out of state and she wanted my son to visit with them. Thanks for the replies.

The graduation party was the next day and I did stop by briefly to talk to my son. I will be having a graduation party in 2 weeks for my side of the family. The other focked up thing about graduation night was that my Step-son graduated from high school the same night 700 miles away. My wife, step-daughter and youngest step-son stayed in Arkansas for that graduation so I was alone for my son's graduation. That did not help the situation.

My ex-wife wanted my son to stay with her the night of graduation because she had family in from out of state and she wanted my son to visit with them. Thanks for the replies.

Gotcha.

By the way, apologies if I said anything rude in my reply. I don't believe I did, but our friend jmonfock seems to have seen something I didn't see.

Gotcha.

By the way, apologies if I said anything rude in my reply. I don't believe I did, but our friend jmonfock seems to have seen something I didn't see.

No apologies necessary. I didn't see anything offensive at all. I appreciate the reply.

No apologies necessary. I didn't see anything offensive at all. I appreciate the reply.

:banana:

Man, this sounds like somebody put their needs before their childrens needs. :banana:

sorry to end your pity party :banana:

You sound like a great dad. Divorce is so hard when you have kids. I can't imagine all the stuff you miss out on because of the situation.

Divroced with no kids (yet) myself gonna try again soon. Hopefully things go better this time.

That's what you get for marrying a ######. oh and you're old.

This will make you feel worse. HTH

Man, this sounds like somebody put their needs before their childrens needs. :pointstosky:

sorry to end your pity party :pointstosky:

Thanks for dumbing down this thread.

These are the moments that you want to spend with your child and laugh together and completely enjoy the moment. Instead I am sitting in a hotel room typing to my fellow geeks. :clap:

I emphathize.

Son graduated Friday night. Happy for him and sad that he's got a biatch for a mother.

MIT bound.

Man, this sounds like somebody put their needs before their childrens needs. :cheers:

sorry to end your pity party :first:

No problem, thanks for the reply.

By the way you might want to call your grandma and tell her that I think my condom is stuck in her azz. It slipped off when your mom was licking my ballz. HTH.

I guess the truth hurts.

BTW.All of my grandparents are dead,and have been for years.

Now if you would have taken as much thought in dealing with your ex,as you did with your pathetic response to me,maybe you would have enjoyed this day more and been there for your child.