Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

The Slippery Slope of Same-Sex "Marriage"

In what some call a denial of a basic civil right, a Missouri man has been told he may not marry his long-term companion. Although his situation is unique, the logic of his argument is remarkably similar to that employed by advocates of homosexual marriage.

The man claims that the essential elements of marriage--love and commitment--are indeed present:"She's gorgeous. She's sweet. She's loving. I'm very proud of her. ... Deep down, way down, I'd love to have children with her."1

Why is the state of Missouri, as well as the federal government, displaying such heartlessness in denying the holy bonds of wedlock to this man and his would-be "wife"?

It seems the state of Missouri is not prepared to indulge a man who waxes eloquent about his love for a 22-year-old mare named Pixel.

:cheers: :wall: :wall:

Here we focking go :mad:

link

when did liberals ever say that crazy people wouldn't be denied the opportunity to marry animals?
weren't you sleeping with a cow when I met you?

weren't you sleeping with a cow when I met you?

oooh, snap! :cheers:

I never married her. I was just getting the milk for free.

Animals can't consent, thus they cannot legally enter into a contract/union/marriage.

People been bonin' animals for thousands of years, it's not like gay marriage brought this behaviour on - and I'd be surprised if you find anyone that supports his supposed right to marry an animal.

Britain's Channel 4 is expected to break what the London Sunday Times has called "the last sexual taboo, " when it broadcasts an upcoming documentary about bestiality that will include an interview with a Missouri electrician who claims that he "married" a 22-year-old mare named Pixel. The Times said that Mark Mathews' story had been judged "too extreme" to be broadcast by Jerry Springer. The newspaper quoted Mary Whitehouse founder of a watchdog group, as saying, "I shall notify the obscene publications squad at Scotland Yard The program cannot be transmitted."

Report from 1998. Quite the runaway train. :doublethumbsup:

weren't you sleeping with a cow after meeting you?

:doublethumbsup:

If you want to marry someone of the same sex, you are obviously queer.

Ugh. I hate calling a winner in a thread of political losers, but gocolts got owned this time. Maybe he should stick to cheering RP on from the sidelines, a right wing FormerGOP if you will.

That is why you make an amendment stating that it is one human being to another

Ugh. I hate calling a winner in a thread of political losers, but gocolts got owned this time. Maybe he should stick to cheering RP on from the sidelines, a right wing FormerGOP if you will.

Yeah,I really got "Owned" :P

You must be well versed in this area.The whole argument the liberals use is that is a "Equal protection Clause" issue.So if a dude can marry a dude and a woman can marry a woman,why can't a guy marry his horse,using liberals logic.After all,if you can NOT discriminate phags,whose to say you can discriminate against beastiality or pedophilia or ANYTHING.

And don't try and use the old the animal must consent BS.NAMBLA has made it very clear,that consent is not a factor in adult-child relations.They say that children don't have to consent to things like going to church,so consent should not be a factor.

Animals can't consent, thus they cannot legally enter into a contract/union/marriage.

People been bonin' animals for thousands of years, it's not like gay marriage brought this behaviour on - and I'd be surprised if you find anyone that supports his supposed right to marry an animal.

I'd also like to point out that 99% of the animal focking that goes on in this country happens in a red state.

And don't try and use the old the animal must consent BS.NAMBLA has made it very clear,that consent is not a factor in adult-child relations.They say that children don't have to consent to things like going to church,so consent should not be a factor.

It's not BS. You need consent for a marriage. What NAMBLA believes is pretty irrelevant here since they make up something like .0000000000001% (may not be the actual number) of the population, and nobody agrees with them anyway.

this should be the number 1 issue in november when millions actually

consider hooking up with a jackazz

It's not BS. You need consent for a marriage. What NAMBLA believes is pretty irrelevant here since they make up something like .0000000000001% (may not be the actual number) of the population, and nobody agrees with them anyway.

I may be wrong but child molestation is illegal in spite of NAMBLA's efforts, right?

I may be wrong but child molestation is illegal in spite of NAMBLA's efforts, right?

illegally molesting a child isn't a crime, stoopid

Yeah,I really got "Owned" B)

You must be well versed in this area.The whole argument the liberals use is that is a "Equal protection Clause" issue.So if a dude can marry a dude and a woman can marry a woman,why can't a guy marry his horse,using liberals logic.After all,if you can NOT discriminate phags,whose to say you can discriminate against beastiality or pedophilia or ANYTHING.

When you're using NAMBLA rationale to support your argument, it's time to find a new focking argument. It's a tip.

Yeah,I really got "Owned" :cheers:

Equal protection refers to equal protection among human beings. Your dog or horse does not have the same rights you do under the Constitution. Your dog or horse could not bring a lawsuit claiming being denied equal protection. Even PETA doesn't go that far in their advocacy of fair treatment of animals.

Let him rave. Gay marriage is virtually a nonissue in voters minds. All it does is make guys like Frist look desparate and out-of-touch. So far as I know there have been no consequences to "traditional" marriage in Massachussetts. If gocolts et al. wants to advertise their stupidity, let em.

We should probably just do away with all forms of marriage just to ensure this one wingnut never gets to marry his horse. :cheers:

For argument's sake, what's the exact rule on marrying relatives? Obviously, it's not legal to marry a son, daughter or sibling. What if you adopt a kid and then 18 years later you decide to marry? Or what about a step-sibling or half-sibling? Or what about a cousin, aunt or uncle?

Where do they draw the line on those scenarios? :headbanger:

I heard they're registered at Bed Barn & Beyond.

BOOOOOO!

:headbanger:

They also booked the bridle suite. :RIMSHOT:

For argument's sake, what's the exact rule on marrying relatives? Obviously, it's not legal to marry a son, daughter or sibling. What if you adopt a kid and then 18 years later you decide to marry? Or what about a step-sibling or half-sibling? Or what about a cousin, aunt or uncle?

Where do they draw the line on those scenarios? :thumbsup:

All states have some prohibitions against incest, usually extending as far as first cousins (depends on the jurisdiction).

An adopted child is treated the same under the law as who is born to you, so the same prohibitions apply from a legal standpoint. I have not heard of a situation where an adoptee has wanted to marry the person who adopts them - legally they would inherit (if there is no will) the parents estate as an heir, but if the parties wished a greater share of the estate being distributed, it could be done so by through an attorney.

This is kind of a silly discussion as marrying one's relatives has not received much advocacy.

We should probably just do away with all forms of marriage just to ensure this one wingnut never gets to marry his horse. :rolleyes:

marriage is a slippery slope... when you allow an adult man to marry a woman, the next logical step is a man-horse union.

abolish marriage!

An adopted child is treated the same under the law as who is born to you, so the same prohibitions apply from a legal standpoint. I have not heard of a situation where an adoptee has wanted to marry the person who adopts them - legally they would inherit (if there is no will) the parents estate as an heir, but if the parties wished a greater share of the estate being distributed, it could be done so by through an attorney.

This is kind of a silly discussion as marrying one's relatives has not received much advocacy.

Uhhh, have you heard of Woody Allen? Maried Soon Yi, his adopted daughter.....