Spider fantasy

Nacho Libre

Can't wait!!! :headbanger:

Sorry, that's all I got for you today. :headbanger:

You were more fun when you were single. :headbanger:

Sorry, that's all I got for you today. :first:

Can't wait? :headbanger:

Any actor with an ounce of dignity wouldn't have touched this role. What a focking waste of time and waste of money. :headbanger:

This is good stuff.

This should be pinned. :headbanger:

No need...it's at least a five pager anyways. :headbanger:

Sorry, that's all I got for you today. :headbanger:

This is going to be the dumbest movie of the summer. Give me $18, I'll punch you in the face and there will be more humor than this movie.

this great first date opportunity for lindust and his new chick...the kids are going love this movie.

this great first date opportunity for lindust and his new chick...the kids are going love this movie.

Ok, that was good. :( :lol:

...the kids are going love this movie.

My kids (6 & 9) say they want to see it when the commercial for it comes on. Doesn't mean they will, just saying...

This is going to be the dumbest movie of the summer. Give me $18, I'll punch you in the face and there will be more humor than this movie.

You mean you're not looking forward to the same old tired recycled bean jokes? :(

The plot features one American, Jack Black, hiding behind a large, bad Mexican accent and a perm from hell, and a lot of Mexicans -- almost to a man clueless. Black plays Ignacio, nicknamed Nacho, a monk in an orphanage whose job consists of fixing the beans for the kids. Beans? Bean jokes? You can see where that is going, but before it gets there, the movie extracts much humor out of the comic possibilities of the bean, in an unguent brownish gel with a few fractured Doritos floating on the liquefied but dense surface, the whole mulchy, squalid thing confined in a shallow ceramic bowl. He loves to show Nacho dropping a dish congealed with such mucilage in front of the disappointed children with a kind of sloppy plop. Okay, beans are funny -- if you're 12.

The plot also ascribes powerful sexual feelings as well as political machinations to a Mexican religious order. Again, given the ugliness of human nature, this is probably true, and at least Nacho's feelings for the lovely Sister Encarnación (beautiful Ana de la Reguera) remain unconsummated, even if she agrees to go to his room for . . . toast. Is toast funny? I guess so.

Read a review of it - sounds like is suxor big-time. Prolly will do will with the pre-teen set. Jack Black has been steadily declining with each movie he's made.

Read a review of it - sounds like is suxor big-time. Prolly will do will with the pre-teen set. Jack Black has been steadily declining with each movie he's made.

It's all been downhill since Airborne, how can you do better than a bully in a roller blading movie????

Not counting small roles like in Cable Guy, Mars Attacks, Anchorman, High Fidelity, and possibly Saving Silverman, where he was good, Jack Black has sucked ass in lead roles.

Shallow Hal sucked.

School of Rock was semi interesting but certainly not funny.

I am running out of movies I have seen him in...

Was he in King Kong? Any good?

I like King Kong but thought that Jack was totally miscast. He came very close to ruining the movie.

Can't wait to see it. Two of my favorite things: wrestling and Jack Black. I've been a Jack Black fan since the original Tenacious D episodes aired on HBO years ago. :cry:

I like King Kong but thought that Jack was totally miscast. He came very close to ruining the movie.

Ditto that Big Time. :thumbsdown:

You were more fun when you were single. :o

Yea. probably. Not so much that, but I just lost my momentum with all the bored crashes and sanctuary detours and what not. Plus you guys talk about sports too much, it's like being at home, when I really come here to escape :wall:

Jack Black has been steadily declining with each movie he's made.

Atleast his fat a$$ didn't have to travel far to hit the bottom.

Not counting small roles like in Cable Guy, Mars Attacks, Anchorman, High Fidelity, and possibly Saving Silverman, where he was good, Jack Black has sucked ass in lead roles.

Shallow Hal sucked.

School of Rock was semi interesting but certainly not funny.

I am running out of movies I have seen him in...

Yet strangely you have seen damn near all of his movies.... :lol:

It won't dumber and/or worse than "The Benchwarmers". It's unpossible.

It's all been downhill since Airborne, how can you do better than a bully in a roller blading movie????

wow. AIRBORNE. one of the most underrated movies ever. awesome flick.

its so bad, its good :banana:

anywho, a buddy of mine who's into that slapstick comdy type movies, got to go to a special screening quite some time ago, and he told me its not that good. had its moments, but very few of them. but then again, maybe its one of those movies that get better the more you watch it, like anchorman or olds school

either way i'll wait for the dvd

Probert just called something dumb. This is like multiplying two negatives:

Probert (-1P) X Probert says the film is dumb (-1F) = An ingenious film (1F).

Thanks for good review Bob! :thumbsup: