Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

At what point would you be in favor of deporting non-resident Arabs/Muslims

(Yes, I know Arabs and Muslims are not synonymous)

Let's say we had another really huge terrorist attack and we found out it occured at the hands of non-resident Arabs / Muslims / whatever. Is there a point where you would be in favor of rounding up everyone here on a visa that fit a particular demographic / geographic criterion, revoking their visas and sending them home never to return again?

I'm not talking about internment camps for all Muslims (American or not). I'm talking about non-resident aliens here either legally or illegally and sending them back - for good.

I think I'd be okay with that. There are plenty of other countries who specifically exclude certain religous, socioeconomic, ethnic or geographically-delineated groups from entering their country (Saudi being a great example). Visiting, learning here for a non-resident is a PRIVLEDGE, not a right. I'd much rather revoke their privledges if it meant protecting our safety or our rights.

There are plenty of other countries who specifically exclude certain religous, socioeconomic, ethnic or geographically-delineated groups from entering their country (Saudi being a great example).

Are you sure? Aside from places named China, Cuba, North Korea, Iran (sensing a pattern?) what countries do this?

I could get behind deporting anyone who is here illegally, but I could not get behind just deporting people from a certain race or religion.

on what basis would you deport them? :dunno:

I imagine they'd say "National security". I believe it's completely within a nation's purview to repeal a visa at any time.

but I could not get behind just deporting people from a certain race or religion.

hug a tree lately ?

:dunno:

I could get behind deporting anyone who is here illegally, but I could not get behind just deporting people from a certain race or religion.

I agree with this. Get the illegals out. Come here legally and I have no problem...

:dunno:

Get rid of the illegals, but we cannot go for an Isolationist policy that will put is in greater danger over the long haul.

Are you sure? Aside from places named China, Cuba, North Korea, Iran (sensing a pattern?) what countries do this?

al-qaeda attacks count on those countries = 0

I'm no international visa expert, but I know for example that South Korea has severe restrictions on travel from very specific countries. - excerpt:

a. Stateless Persons

b. Nationals of such countries or regions as follows :

ALBANIA, CAMBODIA, CUBA, LAOS, RUSSIA, UKRAINE, BELARUS, MOLDOVA, AREMENIA, AZERBAIJAN, KAZAKHSTAN, TURKMENISTAN, UZBEKISTAN, TAJIKISTAN, KYRGYZSTAN, GEORGIA, MACEDONIA, BOSNIA-HERCEGOVINA, CHINA P.R, MONGOLIA, VIETNAM, GHANA, INDIA, IRAN, MYANMAR, NEPAL, NIGERIA, PHILIPPINES, SRI LANKA, PAKISTAN, PALESTINE

c. For further information, contact Korean Embassies or consulates.

Nationals of Pakistan are required to have a valid visa due to suspension of the Visa Exemption Agreement.

- Many countries aren't nearly as flexible as the US is in terms of the number of, and lack of restrictions upon foreign travel.

I imagine they'd say "National security". I believe it's completely within a nation's purview to repeal a visa at any time.

how would deporting all non-resident Arabs/Muslims improve national security, exactly?

I agree with this. Get the illegals out. Come here legally and I have no problem...

:doublethumbsup:

We should burn them all like the Nazi's did to the jews

How would this help? Mexicans aren't terrorists.

Also, weren't most of the 9/11 guys here legally?

I'll own my bias. When I see those women covered in their black burkas from head to toe and I get all creeped out.

Should they leave the country so I can relax? Not necessarily.

sfw

another sfw w/stump

you sure can't tell their can size.

How would this help? Mexicans aren't terrorists

And the ones that are here legally I have no problem with.

I'll own my bias. When I see those women covered in their black burkas from head to toe and I get all creeped out.

Should they leave the country so I can relax? Not necessarily.

sfw

another sfw w/stump

you sure can't tell their can size.

where would we find the beekeepers to tend our honey industry??

how would deporting all non-resident Arabs/Muslims improve national security, exactly?

I'll give you a very hypothetical example. Let's say we deported all of the Saudi nationals on 9/9/01....

I'll give you a very hypothetical example. Let's say we deported all of the Saudi nationals on 9/9/01....

But that's not an analogous example. As pointed out, some of the Saudis were residents. They'd still be here, under your hypothetical.

But that's not an analogous example. As pointed out, some of the Saudis were residents. They'd still be here, under your hypothetical.

I don't believe you're correct on that. They've listed every single 9/11 terrorist and none were permanent residents. Wiki does a biography on each - including how they entered the country- if you're interested.

Now.

In fact, I am ready to send everyone home that isn't a citizen.

Send the H1 visas first. :(

As long as we start with torrid. :(

I don't believe you're correct on that. They've listed every single 9/11 terrorist and none were permanent residents. Wiki does a biography on each - including how they entered the country- if you're interested.

then we have a disconnect on what is meant by "resident." A student visa is good as long as you're still in school, which as we know can be several years. Both Atta and Alshehhi were here on student visas.

then we have a disconnect on what is meant by "resident." A student visa is good as long as you're still in school, which as we know can be several years. Both Atta and Alshehhi were here on student visas.

It is a tip that you should read this:

Is there a point where you would be in favor of rounding up everyone here on a visa that fit a particular demographic / geographic criterion, revoking their visas and sending them home never to return again?

Beyond that - a student visa doesn't make you a 'resident'. It makes you a non-resident alien here under a visa. If you were a resident, you wouldn't need a visa.

It's not against the law to be here illegally

It is a tip that you should read this:

Beyond that - a student visa doesn't make you a 'resident'. It makes you a non-resident alien here under a visa. If you were a resident, you wouldn't need a visa.

Permanent residents are here on a visa, what are you talking about? They're called immigrant visas (as opposed to non-immigrant visas). Furthermore, there are DVs, designed to boost immigration from countries with fewer migrants to the US.

What you're talking about, it seems, is everyone not holding a green card, meaning:

--tourists

--students

--business visas

--exchange visas

--family visas (eg, family of immigrant visa holders)

etc.

Correct?

extraneous point--as a British citizen, Richard Reid didn't need a visa at all.

Torrid -

I'm not running down your little miss-the-point rabbit trails anymore. It's tiresome. I'M a permanent resident and I don't have a visa. None of these guys were "permanent residents". But regardless, I specifically stated revoking anyone from a specific demographic's visa.

You asked for an example of how it might help national security to do so and I gave you an example. Every one of the 9/11 terrorists had a visa (or were here illegally). They couldn't enter the country any other way. If those guys weren't in the country - no 9/11 for them. Period.

I know where you stand on this, so there's not much point in dealing with you.

Yeah, we all pretty much know where Muhammad stands on these issues. If it were up to him he'd give this country to Hezbollah.

Torrid -

I'm not running down your little miss-the-point rabbit trails anymore. It's tiresome. I'M a permanent resident and I don't have a visa. None of these guys were "permanent residents". But regardless, I specifically stated revoking anyone from a specific demographic's visa.

You asked for an example of how it might help national security to do so and I gave you an example. Every one of the 9/11 terrorists had a visa (or were here illegally). They couldn't enter the country any other way. If those guys weren't in the country - no 9/11 for them. Period.

You're a permanent resident and you don't have a "green card?" Then you're not a permanent resident, my friend. You're an undocumented alien. What you have in your wallet is known as an immigrant visa.

You did not use the word "permanent" when referring to non-residents, and in any case what you should have said was "non-immigrant," because it's now clear that's what you meant.

Don't blame ME for asking a hypothetical and then being totally unclear what the terms of the hypothetical are.

In any case, how does deporting people on visas deal with those whose status has expired and can't be found.

I just don't get the logic here. The majority of Arabs and Muslims in this country are here to work, learn and mean no harm...being a lifelong resident of Dearborn I honestly believe that is true for the Yemeni and Lebanese. Many of them don't like the Jews and are sympathetic towards Palestine. They don't always agree with the US policy in the Middle East...but neither do the majority of whites, blacks, or latinos. These people just want to leave in peace, make money, and support their loved ones. So why would we deport any and all of them that aren't full citizens?

If you compared the deaths each year from acts of terrorism to acohol related deaths, it is rather disproprtionate. Shouldn't we ban the sale and possession of alcohol? Shouldn't people who are caught drinking be deported or put in jail so we can prevent them from ever getting behind a wheel or committing a senseless drunken act of violence?

Aren't poor people more likely to commit crimes? Should we toss them out?

. Shouldn't we ban the sale and possession of alcohol?

:thumbsdown: Get the fock off this bored and never return!!!! :unsure:

Ragheads don't drink alcohol