Sign in to follow this  
Snoopy1

Speaking of Michael J Fox

Link

Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh attacked actor Michael J. Fox for inserting his halting voice into the U.S. Senate campaign in Missouri, suggesting Fox was "acting" in a commercial where he's shown shaking while endorsing the importance of stem cell research.

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told listeners, encouraging them to go online to watch Fox's commercial, which first aired Oct. 21 in St. Louis during a World Series game. "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act."

What a douche. :banana:

Limbaugh is a drug addicted d0uche who should be strung up by the balls. Then they should stuff Ann Coulter in one of his chins and burn them both at the stake.

"This is the only time I've ever seen Michael J. Fox portray any of the symptoms of the disease he has," Limbaugh said. "He can barely control himself."

Then from author:

But in this ad he shows a noticeable degree of decline not widely seen in previous public appearances. His speech is clear but his head and body are jerky and unsteady.

Also from Limbaugh:

"Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

This is his actual quote from the same article. Is it inaccurate? :lol:

:lol: Really Funny Rush telling somebody that they are off their meds

:lol: :lol:

:dunno: :lol:

Then from author:

Also from Limbaugh:

This is his actual quote from the same article. Is it inaccurate? :lol:

From reading another board, the second quote was at the end of his show after tons of people called to tell him that Michael Fox does go off his meds on occasion to show the true ravages of the disease. Apparently though he spent nearly an hour(again from what this other board said) ripping on Fox.

Never did he say he was wrong, offer an apology, nada...that was about the closest he came to admitting, oh I may have made a mistake, from the snippet I heard he then still attacked Fox for "exploiting" his circumstances.

Not that it matters, most people who listen to Rush really aren't going to be swayed, by say the facts.

From reading another board, the second quote was at the end of his show after tons of people called to tell him that Michael Fox does go off his meds on occasion to show the true ravages of the disease. Apparently though he spent nearly an hour(again from what this other board said) ripping on Fox.

Never did he say he was wrong, offer an apology, nada...that was about the closest he came to admitting, oh I may have made a mistake, from the snippet I heard he then still attacked Fox for "exploiting" his circumstances.

Not that it matters, most people who listen to Rush really aren't going to be swayed, by say the facts.

Rush Limbaugh lies...lies, I tell you!

while you shouldn't say stuff like this...it's no secret that Fox has gone off his meds to 'demonstrate'

how bad his condition is before. and that comes from people who know him. Itsatip that Limbaugh

says shocking things. btw, when will 'air america' personalities get blasted by the mainstream media

and not just bill orielly for their equally offensive comments?

:banana:

while you shouldn't say stuff like this...it's no secret that Fox has gone off his meds to 'demonstrate'

how bad his condition is before. and that comes from people who know him. Itsatip that Limbaugh

says shocking things. btw, when will 'air america' personalities get blasted by the mainstream media

:banana:

No one from Air America has said anything hateful...they only tell the truth.

ex·ploit 2 : to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage.

Not sure that "exploit" is the right word, but he is using his situation to promote a cause. :banana:

Guest Black Label Society

I'm more republican than dem, and I listen to Rush in the car when I'm driving in the afternoon.

This guy is a complete ego-maniac.

I can't believe how idiotic he sounds.

He sits there for hours and hours bashing dems and the media, saying 'they don't do anything but slander the right'.

I'm thinking...WTF are you doing??

He is a douche.

Yep. A ###### if ever there was a ######.

....Get the feeling the folks who've milked the Radical Right Wing Wave for all it's worth are getting a little desperate seeing the tide shift?

you people are doing exactly what he wants you too. everybody getting their panties in a bunch.

Ratings go up, he makes more money for good drugs. suckers. :thumbsdown:

Does this really surprise anyone?

Rush was upset that Terry Schiavo did not move enough and that Michael J Fox moves too much? :banana:

He wants to prolong life in one situation via medical science, yet shorten life by restricting medical science in other situations? :ninja:

Can someone call God and see what he thinks because his good book is getting really confusing???

:huh:

It's ignorance like this that gives Rush an audience. :(

A little helpful hint from someone that knows a little bit about Parkinson's. The med's CAUSE the wild movements but allow for clear speech. Going off the med's causes rigidity and the smaller, more radical tremors you see in early suffering. Likely, in his progression he would be unable to speak without the med's. Last time he went off the med's and spoke publicly was in 2001/2 to Congress a full 4+ years ago. Parkinson's moves fast. People like Talent blew him off then, so he gets what he deserves.

He doesn't take his med's because the Dopamine drugs him and he doesn't want to take it all the time is my guess, not uncommon at all. Long term use can cause halucinations. Rush would know all about that.

Don't talk out of your ass about something you know nothing about. I can't believe you are defending Rush. :dunno: It makes you no better. Maybe you could make fun of MS people next... :lol:

I'm very proud of Fox getting involved in this election, people need to see the impact electing evil moron's like Talent have on our science and society. Rush may be a blessing, because of him being an assclown, its on the front page and now its going to be shown in 6 more battleground states against the other anti-science folks.

Oh and name me a relevant Air America comment that deserves scrutiny and I'll gladly attack it. I don't see nearly the horrible, tactless and arrogantly ignorant type stuff as the right uses nearly daily.

I don't see what the issue is.

I believe that the crux of the issue is that Rush Limbaugh said (outright) that Michael J. Fox was faking his illness and that he was a hypocrite. Aside from the fact that Fox is clearly not faking his illness, the fact that a man who has stated on record that drug addicts should be locked up (throw away the key) when he was popping pills like a mad-man, is a little "issue" :huh:

I believe that the crux of the issue is that Rush Limbaugh said (outright) that Michael J. Fox was faking his illness and that he was a hypocrite. Aside from the fact that Fox is clearly not faking his illness, the fact that a man who has stated on record that drug addicts should be locked up (throw away the key) when he was popping pills like a mad-man, is a little "issue" :wub:

And?

I believe that the crux of the issue is that Rush Limbaugh said (outright) that Michael J. Fox was faking his illness and that he was a hypocrite. Aside from the fact that Fox is clearly not faking his illness, the fact that a man who has stated on record that drug addicts should be locked up (throw away the key) when he was popping pills like a mad-man, is a little "issue" :wub:

I'm guessing you are not going by the quoted link, since none of that is contained therein. :wub:

I'm guessing you are not going by the quoted link, since none of that is contained therein. :wub:

I am going by what I heard in the clips from Rush this morning :wub:

ETA:

Are you implying that Fox is "faking" his illness and merely acting? I can tell you with 100% certainty that Limbaugh is faking his Holier than Thou attitude :ninja:

Don't talk out of your ass about something you know nothing about. I can't believe you are defending Rush. :wub: It makes you no better. Maybe you could make fun of MS people next... :wub:

jeez you are stupid. read much?

please point out where:

1. i defended rush

2. i made fun of said people

maybe you skipped over lines like: 'shouldn't say stuff like this', or perhaps 'equally offensive comments'

after that if you want to argue about his 'meds' situation, fine, I am only relaying what I have heard many times before and

these were by people who are on his side! god what a dumfok

i think hes ticked because mcnabb is having an mvp type season....

he and TO should eat the pudding..lie back and wait for the mothership to come by...or shooting star or whatever it was those people did..

meh..never mind...have a heart attack, dude...

Are you implying that Fox is "faking" his illness and merely acting?

No. The WashingtonPost link provided in this thread strongly implies that Limbaugh is though, by the way they presented it. I merely pointed out, again from the same link provided, that the actual quotes do not substantiate that. :cry:

Rush is a jackass but he does say a lot of things that people are thinking to themselves but would never admit out loud.....even behind the anonymity of a message board.

No. The WashingtonPost link provided in this thread strongly implies that Limbaugh is though, by the way they presented it. I merely pointed out, again from the same link provided, that the actual quotes do not substantiate that. :D

Link to transcript of show

Link 2

Not sure how the order of the show went. Whatever Rush has never let facts get in the way of stirring up a pot o' sh!t.

Rush is a jackass but he does say a lot of things that people are thinking to themselves but would never admit out loud.....even behind the anonymity of a message board.

I agree with the first part.

Disagree with the second part. I've seen his talking points and views parroted by ReclinerCHMfastfishKPBo/BozCobb too many times right here on FFToday to think that anybody is afraid to say things anonymously.

My mom suffered from Parkinson's for years and the symptoms that MJ Fox was supposedly "exaggerating" were exactly like hers. Though if I remember right, the over-animation (hyperkinesis) was a result of too much medication- it's very hard to regulate. Other times she would become very still, not express any emotion in her face, and have difficulty walking/moving. Rush is an ass but I hope his comment does some good by bring more attention to this horrible condition.

Rush Limbaugh is a jackass. I wish he would just get a heart attack and die already.

Michael J Fox is a scumbag.

I don't want to EVER hear the opinion of a celebrity/actor/musician on politics. EVER. Fact: you know nothing about politics, no one cares about your uninformed opinion, and shut the fock up. Stick to whatever made you famous, or just die already.

Michael J Fox deserves to get another disease. Something fatal, so he will get off the TV already. Fock him.

i listened to the show and watched the fox commercial...rush was right. fox was clearly off his medication.