Sign in to follow this  
Dragan187

Can someone explain to me the obsession of 80's rock

I grew up in the 80's and listened to hair metal. The 90's had the grunge movement and everyone made fun of hair metal. My 11 year old kid and his guitar hero friends know every word to every song from Ozzy to Def Leppard. He's already tellin me that he wants the Guns n Roses greatest hits cd for Xmas.

half of me is thinkin...wtf? Is this normal?

On The other hand I'm like :dunno: with alittle bit of :banana: and :thumbsdown:

It's fun to hear an 11 year old quote It's So Easy by saying, "Turn around b!tch, I got a use for you. Besides, you ain't got nothing better to do and I'm bored."

It's fun to hear an 11 year old quote It's So Easy by saying, "Turn around b!tch, I got a use for you. Besides, you ain't got nothing better to do and I'm bored."

:shocking: ...not to mention him asking you to pick up a bottle of Night Train to have with dinner.

Your kid has caught The Gay. And rest of you hair metal fans too.

I grew up in the 80's and listened to hair metal. The 90's had the grunge movement and everyone made fun of hair metal. My 11 year old kid and his guitar hero friends know every word to every song from Ozzy to Def Leppard. He's already tellin me that he wants the Guns n Roses greatest hits cd for Xmas.

On The other hand I'm like :thumbsup: with alittle bit of :headbanger: and :pointstosky:

Your answer was inside the post - they all play the awesome Guitar Hero, which has lots of greta '80s songs.

On The other hand I'm like :thumbsup: with alittle bit of :headbanger: and :pointstosky:

If he asks for the greatest hits of "A Flock of Seagulls", then you can start worrying.

Your son is in prison? :thumbsdown:

Your answer was inside the post - they all play the awesome Guitar Hero, which has lots of greta '80s songs.

Makes sense. My question is "why ask why?" You'd rather he be blaring Kanye Worst or Fitty Centimeter? :thumbsdown:

Makes sense. My question is "why ask why?" You'd rather he be blaring Kanye Worst or Fitty Centimeter? :dunno:

true.

yeah he's such a bad parent

Wow... living overseas I lost my finger on the pulse of American culture somewhat. This is outfockingstanding news. :headbanger: :o

LACK OF CREATIVITY ... I talk about it every day.

Sid Vicious died in 1979, OK? We were piercing weird stuff and making our own clothes ... I spent some time in the East Village ... CBGB's and all that scene like 1985.

I'm just seeing graphic design turn the corner ... from what David Carson did almost 20 years ago.

It's pathetic. There's really been zero progress in American Art and Culture since artist like Richard Serra, Jackson Pollack and Jasper John's .... Mathew Barney sucks, and everyone knows it. America and New York and the art scene there has been infiltrated. It's all about marketing and buzz.

But I'm not bitter.

LACK OF CREATIVITY ... I talk about it every day.

Sid Vicious died in 1979, OK? We were piercing weird stuff and making our own clothes ... I spent some time in the East Village ... CBGB's and all that scene like 1985.

I'm just seeing graphic design turn the corner ... from what David Carson did almost 20 years ago.

It's pathetic. There's really been zero progress in American Art and Culture since artist like Richard Serra, Jackson Pollack and Jasper John's .... Mathew Barney sucks, and everyone knows it. America and New York and the art scene there has been infiltrated. It's all about marketing and buzz.

But I'm not bitter.

Can someone let me know what the fock he's talking about and if there's any point made in his post?

Look at classic New Wave ... 1980 ..... Talking Heads, Devo ...

Exactly what year did music start to suck?

I'll say 1997.

I'd go as far as saying that after Kobain and Jerry Garcia died ..... and OJ was set free ...that's right about the time everything started heading south. 1996.

I kinda like that new Scorpions song. :lol:

to be fair though, they started out way before the 80s

The thought of this fills my heart with pride and brings tears of joy to my eyes. The best music ever recorded was written and performed by obscenly rich, over-sexed, and over-stimulated sociopaths with big hair under the influence of illicit substances. And before rap. I always longed for America to get back to those times. I pined for the good ol days.

When I moved overseas, the music scene in the US was dead, killed by crappy 90s music and rap. It's nice to know there's a resurgence of sanity.

The thought of this fills my heart with pride and brings tears of joy to my eyes. The best music ever recorded was written and performed by obscenly rich, over-sexed, and over-stimulated sociopaths with big hair under the influence of illicit substances. And before rap. I always longed for America to get back to those times. I pined for the good ol days.

When I moved overseas, the music scene in the US was dead, killed by crappy 90s music and rap. It's nice to know there's a resurgence of sanity.

true that....now sit back and fockin enjoy this shi1t...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=16...h&plindex=0

I'll be watching the football game, but might catch it on repeats or on demand...

According to The Pulse of Radio, GUNS N' ROSES is the subject of a new episode of the A&E series "Biography" airing Thursday night (November 29) at 9 p.m. ET on the cable channel. The one-hour documentary charts the band's history from its earliest days on the Los Angeles rock scene to its breakthrough debut album "Appetite for Destruction" to its current incarnation, of which singer W. Axl Rose is the only original member. The show also addresses the mystery of "Chinese Democracy", the "new" GN'R album that Rose has been working on for 13 years with no release in sight.

GUNS N' ROSES was founded in 1985 by Rose and guitarist Tracii Guns, who left before the band was signed.

The "classic" GUNS lineup, which recorded "Appetite", consisted of Rose, bassist Duff McKagan, guitarists Slash and Izzy Stradlin and drummer Steven Adler. McKagan recalled for "Biography" the first time the band played together: "They came in and like, the first couple of chords, the five of us in the same room, it was like lightning really struck."

McKagan also told "Biography" that although the members of GN'R had all played in other bands, they knew that this was the one: "It was the best band we'd all been in, and we knew. For us, this was it, musically."

The bassist also recalled the group's first tour outside Los Angeles, during which its van broke down: "We ended up hitchhiking. Five guys wearing, you know, leather jackets, carrying guitars, hitchhiking, you're not gonna get a lot of rides, and if you, not for very far. We hitchhiked for a thousand miles."

Slash and McKagan now play in VELVET REVOLVER, while Adler has his own band called ADLER'S APPETITE. Stradlin is a solo artist.

Although the current GUNS N' ROSES toured last year and Rose said that "Chinese Democracy" would come out in 2007, speculation persists that the record will never be released.

Late '80s/early '90s hard rockers TRIXTER will reunite for a tour in 2008, the group's guitarist Steve Brown revealed during a recent appearance on the "Red & Jerry's Rockin' Metal Revival" radio show. Although no official timetable has yet been set for the reunion, Brown stated that the trek would most likely take place "in the spring or summertime."

Formed in Paramus, New Jersey in 1984, TRIXTER's self-titled debut album attained gold status (reaching #28 on The Billboard 200 in 1990), and spawned three minor hit singles: "Surrender" (#72), "One In A Million" (#75), and "Give It To Me Good" (#65). Despite the fact that none of the singles made the Top 40 or garnered much radio airplay, the videos for all three tunes were in heavy rotation on MTV (especially "Give It To Me Good", which was #1 on the channel for several weeks). A follow-up effort, "Hear", came out in 1992, but failed to reach the same commercial heights.

:music_guitarred:

the full schedule for VH1 Classic's "Kissmas" special, airing December 7 and December 8, is as follows:

Friday, December 7:

09:00 p.m. Dodger Stadium 98 Concert

11:00 p.m. "Kissology Vol. 2" Special

Saturday, December 8:

12:00 a.m. Dodgers Stadium '98

02:00 a.m. "MTV: Unplugged"

03:00 a.m. Sydney 1980

04:00 a.m. "Kissology Vol. 2" Special

05:00 a.m. [to be announced]

06:00 a.m. KISS Video Hour

07:00 a.m. "Kissology Vol. 2" Special

08:00 a.m. Sydney 1980

09:00 a.m. "MTV: Unplugged"

10:00 a.m. Houston 1977

11:00 a.m. "Kissology Vol. 2" Special

12:00 p.m. Dodgers Stadium '98

02:00 p.m. KISS Video Hour

03:00 p.m. Houston 1977

04:00 p.m. "MTV: Unplugged"

05:00 p.m. "Kissology Vol. 2" Special

06:00 p.m. Sydney 1980

07:00 p.m. KISS Video Hour

08:00 p.m. "MTV: Unplugged"

09:00 p.m. "Kissology Vol. 2" Special

10:00 p.m. Dodgers Stadium 98

Video footage of KISS performing the song "Shout It Out Loud" on October 31, 1998 in Los Angeles, California can be viewed below. The clip comes off the band's forthcoming DVD box set "Kissology - Vol. 3 1992-2000", which features the full Dodgers Stadium show.

VH1 Classic Records will release "Kissology - Vol. 3 1992-2000", the third installment of the definitive collection, on Tuesday, December 18. The set will contain nearly 10 hours of KISS live on stage, including songs that didn't make it into the broadcast or CD version of the MTV "Unplugged" performance; and the much-heralded Queens, NY Coventry Show from December 1973 — the band's first-ever concert filmed in makeup in its entirety.

"Kissology - Vol. 3 1992-2000" has been super-expanded to four DVDs, featuring over 100 live performances, commentary from Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Bruce Kulick and Tommy Thayer as well as a 20-page full-color booklet.

Five concerts are included:

* Detroit – 1992

* Detroit – 1996

* Los Angeles – 1998

* New Jersey – 2000

* Queens, NY - 1973

One version of the release will feature a fifth bonus disc of KISS' performance at the KROQ Weenie Roast on June 15, 1996. Tracks include: "Deuce", "Love Gun", "Calling Dr. Love", "Firehouse", "Shock Me", "100,000 Years", "Detroit Rock City", "Black Diamond" and "Rock and Roll All Nite".

According to The Assam Tribune, the SCORPIONS' concert in Shillong, India Wednesday night (December 12) is expected to be attended by 30,000 fans, making it the biggest performance by an international artist the city has seen in recent months.

Organizers of the event have taken on the task of ferrying all the equipment of the band in landlocked Meghalaya. Addressing newsmen in Shillong, operations manager Rohinton Poonawala said that the production team for a month took 25 freight trips to ferry 50 tons equipments from all over the country consisting lights, sounds and others. A "monstrous" backline music instruments of 35 cases were also ferried from Germany to Shillong, he added.

I bet a few of you geeks are going to the big Shillong. :dunno:

Everything looks cool from 20 years away.

In the 80's the teenagers were listening to 60's era Santana.

The longest-running, most successful partnership in the history of rock takes flight anew, as legendary Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductees Carlos Santana and Clive Davis, Chief Creative Officer of Sony Music Entertainment, collaborate on the brand new concept album, "Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics Of All Time", arriving in stores September 21 on Arista Records. The album was co-produced by Carlos Santana and Clive Davis with tracks produced by Matt Serletic and Howard Benson.

"Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics Of All Time" (working track listing):

* "Whole Lotta Love" featuring Chris Cornell (LED ZEPPELIN)

* "Sunshine Of Your Love" featuring Rob Thomas (CREAM)

* "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" featuring Scott Weiland (THE ROLLING STONES)

* "Dance the Night Away" featuring Pat Monahan (VAN HALEN)

* "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" featuring india.arie and Yo-Yo Ma (THE BEATLES)

* "Bang A Gong" featuring Gavin Rossdale (T. REX)

* "Smoke On the Water" featuring Jacoby Shaddix (DEEP PURPLE)

* "Photograph" featuring Chris Daughtry (DEF LEPPARD)

* "Back In Black" featuring Nas (AC/DC)

* "Little Wing" featuring Joe Cocker (JIMI HENDRIX)

* "Riders On the Storm" featuring Chester Bennington and Ray Manzarek (THE DOORS)

* "I Ain't Superstitious" featuring Jonny Lang (HOWLIN' WOLF, JEFF BECK GROUP)

* "Fortunate Son" featuring Scott Stapp (CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL)

Your kid has caught The Gay. And rest of you hair metal fans too.

Anyone as obsessed with that POS show "Lost" as you are has no business accusing anyone of having teh gay :lol:

:D

Def Leppard and .38 Special played at Gillette a few weeks ago.... pissed i didn't go, didn't know about it until the day of...

Try Bud Dry.......

Oh no you did not just go there :nono:

JOURNEY!!!!

I just heard the new GLEE version of Don't Stop Believing. :huh:

I just heard the new GLEE version of Don't Stop Believing. :huh:

Was that what was playing while you were on hold with ticketmaster to purchase your Adam Lambert tickets?

Def Leppard and .38 Special played at Gillette a few weeks ago.... pissed i didn't go, didn't know about it until the day of...

I rarely play any old music videos, but for some reason I played "Hold On Loosely" last weekend when I was playiong some videos on my Comcast OnDemand.

This morning I heard on the radio that Bon Jovi and Kid Rock are playing some concerts together this summer..thought that was kind of an odd pairing.

Everything looks cool from 20 years away.

In the 80's the teenagers were listening to 60's era Santana.

Graduated h.s. in '88 - full fledged 80's junkie. Nobody I knew or ever even heard of were listening to Frank back then. Not to say he isn't greatness - he totally is, but he wasn't a player in our world.