Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Washington's Taylor dies

:ninja: http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10497939

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has died, a day after he was shot in the leg, said family friend Richard Sharpstein.

He said Taylor's father called him around 5:30 a.m. to tell him the news.

"His father called and said he was with Christ and he cried and thanked me," said Sharpstein, Taylor's former lawyer. "It's a tremendously sad and unnecessary event. He was a wonderful, humble, talented young man, and had a huge life in front of him. Obviously God had other plans."

Think this will change any of the other thug idiots in the NFL or NBA? of course not, they are invincible. :ninja:

"Sharpstein said Taylor's girlfriend told him the couple was awakened by loud noises, and Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection"

Thought this was a little odd

:thumbsdown:

Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection"

I think having an appetizer named after you is odder.

This whole story sounds fishy.

I have a feeling we'll find out that it wasn't just random.

"Sharpstein said Taylor's girlfriend told him the couple was awakened by loud noises, and Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection"

Um, he lived in MIAMI! I'm surprised he didn't have a shotgun under his pillow. if he did, he'd probably be alive.

That too bad. I know he was not a modle citizen but..... :thumbsdown:

This whole story sounds fishy.

I have a feeling we'll find out that it wasn't just random.

Yep. The family/team/friends are already spinning. First it was a robbery now they are saying he was brave and died defending his daughter and girl friend. Number one burglers don't break down bedroom doors and two if they wanted to kill someone other than Taylor they would be dead.

Yep. The family/team/friends are already spinning. First it was a robbery now they are saying he was brave and died defending his daughter and girl friend. Number one burglers don't break down bedroom doors and two if they wanted to kill someone other than Taylor they would be dead.

Taylor was probably out the other night lit up on Gin and Juice, talked some shiat, went back home, had some fried chicken and watermelon, then got a cap busted in him

or it was a break in

Damb shame.... :ninja:

All I am saying is that it is being reported as an "alleged" robbery. When anything like this happens its almost always reported as a robbery. Not alleged. It seems like there is more to the story than meets the eye. Also as an NFL player with a lot of money and valueable things in his house the only thing he keeps for protection is a freaking machete? Who is he Jason Voorhees?

Some unconfirmed tid-bits I have heard in Siruis NFL channel

- His house was broken in to earlier in the week, he needed to be down there for rehab on his injury anyway, got permission to go down and be with his family

- The phone line into the house had been cut

- he had really 'fixed" himself over the last few years, becoming a model guy on and off the field, mostly attributed to the birth of his daughter

Didn't he have the most missed tackles last year?

He was hard hitter. He wasn't a good tackler or a good cover-guy. In fact, he was considered a bit of a disappointment compared to the hype coming out of college.

He was more of a run-as-hard-as-he-could-and-throw-a-shoulder-into-you tavkler. When it connected, it was devastating, if he missed, he just bounced off of guys, that's why he led the league in missed tackles.

He was hard hitter. He wasn't a good tackler or a good cover-guy. In fact, he was considered a bit of a disappointment compared to the hype coming out of college.

He was more of a run-as-hard-as-he-could-and-throw-a-shoulder-into-you tavkler. When it connected, it was devastating, if he missed, he just bounced off of guys, that's why he led the league in missed tackles.

Agreed. he tried to be Ronnie Lott, but did not have the same ability to deliver a truly brutally devastating blow. :thumbsdown:

While I'm sure some of you degenerates are joking about it, I don't understand all the "what goes around comes around" stuff about this. The guy was 24 years old and hasn't been in trouble for a few years and by all accounts has grown up since his gun charge and spitting incident. Hell, I did crap when I was 19 or 20 that was really stupid and could have gotten me in trouble just like I'm sure most of you focktards did as well. Mr.Taylor certainly does not have anything on his rap sheet that would solicit a response such as that.

While I'm sure some of you degenerates are joking about it, I don't understand all the "what goes around comes around" stuff about this. The guy was 24 years old and hasn't been in trouble for a few years and by all accounts has grown up since his gun charge and spitting incident. Hell, I did crap when I was 19 or 20 that was really stupid and could have gotten me in trouble just like I'm sure most of you focktards did as well. Mr.Taylor certainly does not have anything on his rap sheet that would solicit a response such as that.

For starters, I doubt that the stuff you did when you were 19 involved guns and gand activity.

Anyway, that being said, I agree that the people saying he "deserved to die" are taking it too far. I've been quoted on the main board as saying I'm not surprised that he was involved in something like this, given his past, but I don't think anyone neccessarily deserves to die (with a few exceptions, of course). If it's true that he was in the process of turning his life around, then it is truly a shame. Hopefully, other young, talented people will learn a lesson from this.

Didn't he have the most missed tackles last year?

he wasn't very good last year but much of it was due to the secondary he was playing with...ravished by injury. after getting some help he was having the best year of his career this year. not getting missing any tackles, not being burned for any TD's and leading the league with the most INTs at his position.

Hopefully, other young, talented people will learn a lesson from this.

Get a bulletproof cup?

sorry that was in my wheelhouse

So you think he was "one of the most talented players in the NFL?" :bench:

absolutely. they guy was only 24 and just breaking into the prime of his career. he may have done some stupid things on and off the field but anyone that knows football wouldn't deny his talent.

Hell, I did crap when I was 19 or 20 that was really stupid and could have gotten me in trouble just like I'm sure most of you focktards did as well.

I'm not in the "what goes around" camp, but: Did You ever point a gun at somebody and threaten to kill them? Fire bullets into somebody's vehicle? :bench:

'Cause I've done a lot of stupid chit, but not that.

Too bad he didn't have his gun when he really needed it.

he may have done some stupid things on and off the field but anyone that knows football wouldn't deny his talent.

I think quite a few people would deny that he was "one of the most talented players in the NFL." That's just stupid. The guy's dead, but it doesn't mean you have to make the guy out to be something he clearly was not.

I think quite a few people would deny that he was "one of the most talented players in the NFL." That's just stupid. The guy's dead, but it doesn't mean you have to make the guy out to be something he clearly was not.

Looking back, I think Joe Kennedy should have gotten some Cy Young consideration last year.

And as far as the machete thing goes, if he was indeed trying to get his life in order maybe he didn't want ANY guns in his house which would explain the machete. All we know is the guy was at home with his family when he was murdered. Until all the facts come out I prefer to err on the "nice" side instead of jumping to conclusions that it was some sort of payback.

Professional athetes are targets all the time, and it doesn't have to be some thug. There were recent Bulls players that had home invasions. It is the ultimate in "player hatin" from where they grow up. Lil Pookie from around the way grew up down the block from <insert famous athlete> and wants to "get his". To be honest it is things like this that prolly makes these athletes want to pack heat everywhere they go which may eventually get them in trouble with the law. I don't blame them at all. It's a vicious cycle.

whatever. he was on his way be being an ALL PRO this year but i guess that doesn't fit your specific definition of "most talented players".

And as far as the machete thing goes, if he was indeed trying to get his life in order maybe he didn't want ANY guns in his house which would explain the machete. All we know is the guy was at home with his family when he was murdered. Until all the facts come out I prefer to err on the "nice" side instead of jumping to conclusions that it was some sort of payback.

Professional athetes are targets all the time, and it doesn't have to be some thug. There were recent Bulls players that had home invasions. It is the ultimate in "player hatin" from where they grow up. Lil Pookie from around the way grew up down the block from <insert famous athlete> and wants to "get his". To be honest it is things like this that prolly makes these athletes want to pack heat everywhere they go which may get them in trouble with the law. But, I don't blame them at all. It's a vicious cycle.

not having any guns was part of his probation.