Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Washington's Taylor dies

Professional athetes are targets all the time, and it doesn't have to be some thug. There were recent Bulls players that had home invasions. It is the ultimate in "player hatin" from where they grow up. Lil Pookie from around the way grew up down the block from <insert famous athlete> and wants to "get his". To be honest it is things like this that prolly makes these athletes want to pack heat everywhere they go which may get them in trouble with the law. But, I don't blame them at all. It's a vicious cycle.

:bench:

Thats what I was thinking too..

Man the mange bored reaction to this is focked :bench:

Also as an NFL player with a lot of money and valueable things in his house the only thing he keeps for protection is a freaking machete? Who is he Jason Voorhees?

Nope, Jason Voorhees was hard to kill. :thumbsup:

Relax......it's a joke.

Nope, Jason Voorhees was hard to kill. :dunno:

Relax......it's a joke.

LOL. It was a good one too.

tal·ent [tal-uhnt] noun

a special natural ability or aptitude

su·per·star [soo-per-stahr] noun a person, as a performer or athlete, who enjoys wide recognition, is esteemed for exceptional talent, and is eagerly sought after for his or her services.

That's for you who can't figure out how to define what he meant to the NFL.

I think you people who are claiming that this was deserved or that he had it coming in any way are miserable, dispicable wastes of space on this board. A person was killed! No matter what he'd done in the past, this kind of end to his life is certainly worth more than what you've been offering. He's dead and for what?! An argument, a history of bad decision making?! What?!? You've never yelled at a person, got into a fight with somebody...said something about a person you didn't think would get back to them and it did?! I mean c'mon, he's a person too!

tal·ent [tal-uhnt] noun

a special natural ability or aptitude

su·per·star [soo-per-stahr] noun a person, as a performer or athlete, who enjoys wide recognition, is esteemed for exceptional talent, and is eagerly sought after for his or her services.

That's for you who can't figure out how to define what he meant to the NFL.

I think you people who are claiming that this was deserved or that he had it coming in any way are miserable, dispicable wastes of space on this board. A person was killed! No matter what he'd done in the past, this kind of end to his life is certainly worth more than what you've been offering. He's dead and for what?! An argument, a history of bad decision making?! What?!? You've never yelled at a person, got into a fight with somebody...said something about a person you didn't think would get back to them and it did?! I mean c'mon, he's a person too!

Yeah, but I never shot a gun into someone's car.

Yeah, but I never shot a gun into someone's car.

Great! Then just accept that you can't relate to this type of lifestyle and move on. Don't attack on the way, just go....

Great! Then just accept that you can't relate to this type of lifestyle and move on. Don't attack on the way, just go....

Yeah, I don't relate to thug life. I guess you do?

I decided to actually follow laws and not try to cause suffering to other people.

And guess what, nobody has shot me.

Weird how that works.

What? Having millions and millions of dollars? This guy went looking for trouble

Dude. Please tell me that you're not dismissing and excusing every act of crime that these thugs commit and simply attributing it to a certain "lifestyle". Since when does being raised in bad neighborhoods excuse you from having to use good judgement and respect others?

Christ.

As time goes on more conflicting stuff keeps coming out. First, someone was trying to get into his bedroom and it sounded like he got shot right outside his bedroom. Now, it's outside the house. I think there is much more to yet come out.

Why didn't anyone just dial 911 on the cell and stay in the bedroom?  Why if burglars found their way into the home would they have any trouble getting into his bedroom?

As time goes on more conflicting stuff keeps coming out. First, someone was trying to get into his bedroom and it sounded like he got shot right outside his bedroom. Now, it's outside the house. I think there is much more to yet come out.

Why didn't anyone just dial 911 on the cell and stay in the bedroom?  Why if burglars found their way into the home would they have any trouble getting into his bedroom?

I think the girlfriend tried to shoot him in the nuts.

What? Having millions and millions of dollars? This guy went looking for trouble

yeah, at his own house.

Anyway, that being said, I agree that the people saying he "deserved to die" are taking it too far. I've been quoted on the main board as saying I'm not surprised that he was involved in something like this, given his past.

[/quote/]

In the words of William H Bonney to Alex McSween...

"Theres a whirlwind out there, and once your in it, you cant get out"

yeah, at his own house.

Go to that wetsuit thread, I found a cheaper alternative.

I think that it got the cooter a timeout. At least his my_2_cents personna :lol:

my_2_cents got more than a timeout. ban hammer!

- Great player

- This will play out as expected IMO. Probably something from his thug days that came back to haunt him.

Man the mange bored reaction to this is focked :doublethumbsup:

Must have been, since they seem to have erased any evidence of Taylor threads from that board.

guess this settles any argument

Roy Williams >>>> Sean Taylor

You have a point...but would Roy have been able to break the intruder's leg without shoulder pads to grab onto?

guess this settles any argument

Brian Dawkins>>>>>>>>>>>Roy Williams >>>> Sean Taylor

fixored

I think a lot of you guys have stated it clearer than I could have...it was a persona! His Dad is a f'n Police Chief. I'm not saying that he lived a lifestyle that I can relate to or even agree with, but I don't see any needs to take shots at the guy (no pun intended) for being who he was. There are millions of "thug" types and actual gangsters who won't be killed that live this way. The difference is that Sean Taylor had millions of dollars that he flaunted and somebody wanted to take it away from him. In the act they killed him. He's f'n dead and you all are sitting here spitting on the guy. Way to be! I hope you feel better about yourselves.

I think the girlfriend tried to shoot him in the nuts.

Ex GF more likely. That was my initial guess. Well, that or a former posse member who is now broke and w/o a multi-millionaire to bloodsucker.

Shouldn't bring a machete to a gun fight..... :lol:

somebody actually got banned at footballgays for that exact comment. Banned. What a bunch of pussssies over there.

it's focking true, you don't - lives could have been saved had they followed this

Dawkins 12yrs 32ints 6time pro bowler

Roy W 5yrs 19ints 4time pro bowler

I wonder who's career is gonna be >>>> when all is said and done

fixored

somebody actually got banned at footballgays for that exact comment. Banned. What a bunch of pussssies over there.

it's focking true, you don't - lives could have been saved had they followed this

I believe it was part of his probation that he couldn't have a handgun.

I wonder who's career is gonna be >>>> when all is said and done

fixored

I googled Roy's playoff stats, but couldn't find anything. :thumbsup:

I wish there were stats for how many times a safety got beat deep. We could call it the Santana Moss stat.

I googled Roy's playoff stats, but couldn't find anything. :thumbsdown:

I wish there were stats for how many times a safety got beat deep. We could call it the Santana Moss stat.

Is Roy Williams still playing? He has never been a good cover safety, and when they made his tackle illegal, he became a non-factor in most games I watched. Terribly overrated.

Is Roy Williams still playing? He has never been a good cover safety, and when they made his tackle illegal, he became a non-factor in most games I watched. Terribly overrated.

Lets just say he stands around on the field alot during games. They have started taking him out in more situations.

Have the authorities looked into where Pac Man Jones was during the time of the shooting?

:bench: :huh:

he'd be alive if he lived next door to tank johnsons house..how sad and ironic is THAT?...

i didnt even know he was dead..that was..until i saw that he had 3500 listings on eBay..... :thumbsup:

did he get the record int from favre?...im too lazy too look it up but i think it was him...that'll get his name in the Hall, at least..

Rolle said he hadn't talked to Taylor in a while, and that the Redskin had withdrawn from the crowd he hung around with to build a new life with his girlfriend and young daughter.

"There was so much surrounding him," Rolle said. "Everyone was talking about him bad, so he just had to distance himself from everyone and live a life of his own. ... Within the last year, I've never seen anyone make such a dramatic change,"

Withdrawing from a bad crowd isn't easy, though, Rolle said.

"They say it was a burglary. It absolutely was not a burglary," he said. "Down South, where we're from, there were many people talking to Sean, a lot of jealousy, a lot of angry people.

"Sean, he had a large group of friends, and he no longer hung out with those friends, so you never know where this came from."

So the guy grew up in the hood of Miami, made some mistakes when he was young, eventually matured and tried to turn his life around and distance himself from the "thug life" and got killed because of it. I'd have to say he REALLY deserved to get murdered. :rolleyes: :thumbsdown:

If he truely matured and wanted to turn his life around, he wouldn't have lived in Miami. Just a thought :thumbsdown: