Sign in to follow this  
Mad Brad

Well 19-0 is now bound to happen

Hey, NY gave them a HELL of a game in week 17....you never know.

I do know, giants dont stand a chance.

Terrible superbowl, i wont go out for it, and i will have it off by halftime. :overhead:

Terrible superbowl, i wont go out for it, and i will have it off by halftime. :overhead:

You're an idiot. The Giants have been playing extremely well--they have peaked at exactly the right time. That is what championship teams do. And, as another poster mentioned, they nearly beat a very hungry Pats team in week 17. I wouldn't count the Giants out at all.

Yea, I never understand people who watch a team beat another and then say that one of the teams they beat should be playing in the super bowl to make it a good game.

If Dallas shoulda been in the super bowl, then they would have been. Same with Indy, same with GB. This isnt college where those teams got beat 3 months ago and are still being punished for it, NY beat everyone they had to beat and they have earned their chance.

Sure, I still think that NE is gonna win, but I wouldnt be blown away if NY did, especially with how they played them in week 17. If anything, that is gonna make the Giants even MORE likely to pull an upset...they KNOW they can play with the Pats, and they know if they did just a little deeper they may have won that game. Trust me, the pats gave them EVERYTHING they had week 17 to get to 16-0, that game was as big as a super bowl to them....

Terrible superbowl, i wont go out for it, and i will have it off by halftime. :thumbsdown:

You're right on. Fokcing waste of time. Even if the Giants play great they will never beat the Cheaptriots because something lame will happen like it always does and The Lametriots will be handed YET another win. Its not worth anyones time, except for the drinking and food. Dont bother watching the game..... it will just sicken you like today did most of the country that saw a 100% HORRIFIC performance by The Pats still get them a win. Its like trying to fist-fight Jesus....you cant win , no matter what.

Whos ready for the 2008 fantasy season? I sure am!

:thumbsdown:

Anyone who thinks the Giants don't stand a chance has not watched them play the last month. They played New England tough, then won three straight road playoff games, not an easy feat. I say bring on the Pats!

then won three straight road playoff games, not an easy feat.

Isn't this the same thing the Steelers did when they won the SB? :thumbsdown:

1997 Arizona Wildcats beat THREE number one seeds to win the NCAA Tourney.

What does this have to do with anything about the NFL? Between you and edjr talking the next two weeks it's going to be Dumb and Dumber in every thread.

I think the giants stand a good chance....with their pass rush and Eli paying mistake free they are scary, i was really hoping for favres 4 interceptions....either way should be a great game and a huge challenge for the Pats.

ya gotta think shockeys injury has something to do with their run, theres a lot to be said for chemistry

Mo-focking-mentum.

YEAH!!! 3 straight... thats a lot of "Mo-focking-mentum"

18-0?

I think the giants stand a good chance....with their pass rush and Eli paying mistake free they are scary, i was really hoping for favres 4 interceptions....either way should be a great game and a huge challenge for the Pats.

ya gotta think shockeys injury has something to do with their run, theres a lot to be said for chemistry

Anyone who does not fear the Giants right now is nuts. Football is 50% about momentum and attitude.

If Brady throws three picks against the Giants, game over.

YEAH!!! 3 straight... thats a lot of "Mo-focking-mentum"

18-0?

10 straight on the road ...THAT'S A RECORD!

What does this have to do with anything about the NFL? Between you and edjr talking the next two weeks it's going to be Dumb and Dumber in every thread.

Eh, I guess a parallel can be drawn between underdogs and their paths to success. I guess...The Steelers won 3 road games as well going to the SB too so it's not quite the same as beating three #1 seeds in the NCAA tourney.

Number of points surrendered in the 2nd half tonight....3.

Number of points surrendered in the 2nd half last week 3.

And these are against 2 of the TOP offensive teams in the league.

Yea, the Giants don't stand a chance against the Pats. :banana:

Yea, the Giants don't stand a chance against the Pats. :dunno:

Nice post. This Giants defense is scary good and this team is hungry.

Isn't this the same thing the Steelers did when they won the SB? :pointstosky:

Yeah, but it's not like it's a common thing. The Giants are the 3rd team EVERy to do it.

Terrible superbowl, i wont go out for it, and i will have it off by halftime. :thumbsdown:

i suppose u decided not to watch week 17 then...wat about the playoffs? have u not watched them either?? u probably were curled up in a ball in ur dark room biting ur toenails

You're an idiot. The Giants have been playing extremely well--they have peaked at exactly the right time. That is what championship teams do. And, as another poster mentioned, they nearly beat a very hungry Pats team in week 17. I wouldn't count the Giants out at all.

Yea, the Giants don't stand a chance against the Pats. :thumbsdown:

Eh, I guess a parallel can be drawn between underdogs and their paths to success. I guess...The Steelers won 3 road games as well going to the SB too so it's not quite the same as beating three #1 seeds in the NCAA tourney.

All very good points. But the problem is who they are playing, i may hate the patriots, but i respect them. This Superbowl could make niners-broncos superbowl look like a close game

Not even gonna bother responding to a lot of this.

Honestly, I think the Giants have (had) the best chance to WIN, IF ... they pulled off what they did.

On the other hand, if the Cowboys and T.O. was just destroying everyone .... I might say Dallas looks tough.

But T.O. is crying in his popcorn!

Giants look like they are ready to play anybody!

LOL....three in a row is momentum so look out. What is 18 in a row? Isn't that even better momentum?

First off, congrats to the Giants for pulling it off. Nobody thought it would be you. It was either going to be the Packers or the Cowboys and look how that ended up. However, it is time to come back to reality. In week 17 the Giants played a great game while the Patriots were not at their best and the result was a Patriot win. Now are you not only giving the Patriots prep time, but the benefit of having just played you. Don't expect the same team you saw in week 17, the game where you had the shot to beat them. The Super Bowl is a whole new animal. That 19-0 is bulletin board material now. It's finally on the line and the Pats know that the whole season will mean nothing if they don't go out and punk Cinderella.

The Super Bowl is a whole new animal. That 19-0 is bulletin board material now. It's finally on the line and the Pats know that the whole season will mean nothing if they don't go out and punk Cinderella.

Exactly! Who is the pressure on in this game? The Giants? I don't think so. They were not even supposed to be here. The Pats? They are the team with EVERYTHING riding on this game. 19-0. Best team ever. All that crap.

The Giants can learn from what San Diego did, and put a game plan together to stop the Patriots. Their defense is playing very good football right now. It can be done. Not saying it will be an easy task, since no one has done it yet this year, but it CAN happen.

Isn't this the same thing the Steelers did when they won the SB? :overhead:

yeah, but it helped that that super bowl was rigged.

First off, congrats to the Giants for pulling it off. Nobody thought it would be you. It was either going to be the Packers or the Cowboys and look how that ended up. However, it is time to come back to reality. In week 17 the Giants played a great game while the Patriots were not at their best and the result was a Patriot win. Now are you not only giving the Patriots prep time, but the benefit of having just played you. Don't expect the same team you saw in week 17, the game where you had the shot to beat them. The Super Bowl is a whole new animal. That 19-0 is bulletin board material now. It's finally on the line and the Pats know that the whole season will mean nothing if they don't go out and punk Cinderella.

I love this kind of attitude from Pats fans and the media. It's as if the Giants are going to just not do anything in the next couple of weeks, throw out the same game plan they did in week 17, and hope everything will go to plan. It's only about the Patriots and what they choose to do with this game. Won't it seem a bit odd if they lost? Does that mean BB game planned a loss in the SB? Oh that clever Belichick, what will he think of next?

As a Giant fan, I have to say it's like playing with house money.. thrilled just to be there.. but this team knows they can stay on the same field with the Pats.

To actually pull it off.. it has to be a near mistake free performance. I think as an older team who has gone undefeated.. and even with a one week bye, the Pats looked a little groung down.. they will be recharged and full of swagger and confidence in the SB.

They do have a chance.. and all aspects of their team are playing well right now. I just hope it doesn't come down to a 35 yard Tynes attempt :overhead:

Terrible superbowl, i wont go out for it, and i will have it off by halftime. :pointstosky:

Week 10

St. Louis - 24

New England - 17

Super Bowl

New England - 20

St. Louis - 17

I think New England played their butts off in both games.

As a Giant fan, I have to say it's like playing with house money.. thrilled just to be there.. but this team knows they can stay on the same field with the Pats.

To actually pull it off.. it has to be a near mistake free performance. I think as an older team who has gone undefeated.. and even with a one week bye, the Pats looked a little groung down.. they will be recharged and full of swagger and confidence in the SB.

They do have a chance.. and all aspects of their team are playing well right now. I just hope it doesn't come down to a 35 yard Tynes attempt :music_guitarred:

Yep, house money. I just hope they play a good game and have a chance. They should be loose...they really got nothing to lose and NE has everything to lose. Either way, it sets up as a nice matchup, IMO, coming off the week 17 game between these two teams a few weeks ago.

10 straight road wins (including playoffs).

Guess which team has that record?

10-1 (10 in a row) is a good road record no doubt....8-0 (8 in a row obviously) is ok as well.

Or...Last 2 seasons on the road.

Pats: 16-2

Giants: 15-5

Just sayin...

Not even gonna bother responding to a lot of this.

Honestly, I think the Giants have (had) the best chance to WIN, IF ... they pulled off what they did.

On the other hand, if the Cowboys and T.O. was just destroying everyone .... I might say Dallas looks tough.

But T.O. is crying in his popcorn!

Giants look like they are ready to play anybody!

If I'm a fan of the G-men, I want to play this game next week, or maybe even tomorrow. The two week break is going to hurt more than help, injuries aside. A bright spot is Plexi-glass stepping up huge last night. Vincent Jackson showed how the Patriot's DB's can be had by recievers with some size. Obviously, New York needs to crank up that running game and keep Brady off the field. This I think they can do, as their O-line is playing well. Can Jacobs be relied upon to become a beast in just this one game?

Defensively, it's ALWAYS an advantage when a front four can bring good pressure without blitz help. G-men have a shot here as well. I'm not buying into the "pressure's on the Pats angle..." That's a veteran team, they'll make mistakes but won't hand the game away via turnovers.

Having said all that, I predict the key to the game will be how the New York football Giants perform from the 10-15 yard red zone range. The Bolts kept putting up FG's instead of TD's. Against the Chowds that ain't gonna cut it. If their special teams return guys keep up their great play, that'll help.

Man, that would suck to go 18 and 1, and DONE... I liked the 'house money' angle. Real loose, does Coughlin need to keep them. As Yoda would say... BTW, LOVED how Coughlin burned that last time-out in regulation. I'm a fan of keeping seconds on the clock using your TO's, and letting the offense control the clock with the extra time you give them. I hope Wade Phillips was watching that one...

I guess Tynes was lucky he didn't have to fly his family out to Madison to live with him, if he'd missed that kick in OT...

LOL....three in a row is momentum so look out. What is 18 in a row? Isn't that even better momentum?

No, that just means they're due for a loss. <_<

Congrats NE...

We all knew everyone else were playing for 2nd place anyway...

Now it's official.... MB

Official, huh? :dunno:

10 straight on the road ...THAT'S A RECORD!

Does yesterday's win count as a "road" win (since it was on a neutral site) and therfore extend their record?

Does yesterday's win count as a "road" win (since it was on a neutral site) and therfore extend their record?

The "experts" are saying so, although they concede that it is a technical road game. I think the crowd favored the Pats, but not overwhelmingly so.

But statistically, yes, because they were the "away" team.