Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

Zach Thomas

As of a half hour ago NFL Radio said he visited but nothing about any signing?

As of a half hour ago NFL Radio said he visited but nothing about any signing?

I heard 30 seconds ago that he visited as well...........

The Patriots offered a contract to former Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas on Monday, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Thomas and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, visited New England on Monday and will continue negotiations with the team. Thomas is scheduled to visit with the New Orleans Saints on Tuesday.

The Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Denver Broncos, Buffalo Bills and New York Jets are also interested in bringing Thomas in for a visit.

Thomas, a seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker and one of the most popular and productive players ever to wear a Dolphins uniform, was cut Thursday, the biggest move yet in Miami's massive rebuilding project.

Thomas missed most of last season because of concussions and migraines and was placed on injured reserve against his wishes in December because of nagging migraines, an aftereffect of an Oct. 21 car crash.

The move is the second major salary slash this week by the Dolphins, who went 1-15 last season and subsequently brought in Bill Parcells to lead there building.

Miami trimmed about $9 million in 2008 base salary on Monday, when it parted ways with quarterback Trent Green, wide receiver Marty Booker and seven other players. Thomas was slated to make just over $5.6 million in base salary this coming season.

Thomas led the Dolphins in tackles 10 times, is the franchise's all-time leader in that category by a wide margin, and his 168 games is the most by any Miami defensive player.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Not quite signed yet................

Yeah!

Cause God knows the Pats need another ancient LB.

That's their missing link!

:pointstosky:

Yeah!

Cause God knows the Pats need another ancient LB.

That's their missing link!

:pointstosky:

Thomas had a 160 tackle season less than 2 years ago. Assuming his concussion problem doesn't linger then he's got plenty left in the tank. As a Pats fan I'd be ecstatic with his signing but this thread is sadly just more unconfirmed bs. He could well be a great signing for whatever team gets him.

ETA: An offer was made, but he's far from signed.

Thomas had a 160 tackle season less than 2 years ago. Assuming his concussion problem doesn't linger then he's got plenty left in the tank. As a Pats fan I'd be ecstatic with his signing but this thread is sadly just more unconfirmed bs. He could well be a great signing for whatever team gets him.

I hope he doesn't sign. I would like him to sign somewhere, I think he is still a good player but I hope not the Pats.

I'm not too worried about the concussions. The Pats' team dentist designed a mouthpiece that has drastically cut down on the number of concussions suffered by players. I think you have to go back to Ted Johnson to find a Patriot who has missed time b/c of a concussion.

I'm more concerned about how he would fit in. Could the Pats be thinking about switching to a 4-3?

I'm not too worried about the concussions. The Pats' team dentist designed a mouthpiece that has drastically cut down on the number of concussions suffered by players. I think you have to go back to Ted Johnson to find a Patriot who has missed time b/c of a concussion.

:thumbsup:

If it's such a great anti-concussion device why hasn't every NFL/NHL team made it mandatory and why is this guy still the team dentist and not retired, living in Cabo or something? Not saying he didn't invent it, just wondering why he wouldn't market it everywhere instead of just to the Pats? Like to the Dolphins, so Thomas didn't get them in the first place? Or to the Flyers so S. Gagne wouldn't keep getting them?

:nono:

Belichick loves the Dolphins. I've also read that the Pats are taking a serious look at Marty Booker as well.

Just imagine if Miami cut Jason Taylor loose. BB would pop a boner.

Belichick loves the Dolphins. I've also read that the Pats are taking a serious look at Marty Booker as well.

Just imagine if Miami cut Jason Taylor loose. BB would pop a boner.

It is funny that there are feeder systems out there. Belichick liked the Dolphins from last year (Welker, Morris), but I don't know that it compares to the Colts picking up something like 4 players off the Pats practice squad last year. <_<

Thomas will help especially if Brucshi retires which he should and if Seau hangs em up.

Now I await BB to call Darrel Green to play some corner !

I hope he signs. <_<

So do I, because the guy's done. Just like you guys getting semi excited about Tory James last year...didn't even make the roster. Now there's rumors of you guys looking at Booker as well..on a team with Welker, Moss and Stallworth?? Very questionable decisions being made by BB.

So do I, because the guy's done. Just like you guys getting semi excited about Tory James last year...didn't even make the roster. Now there's rumors of you guys looking at Booker as well..on a team with Welker, Moss and Stallworth?? Very questionable decisions being made by BB.

You do realize that Moss and Stallworth are both UFA's. Even if Moss gets tagged, they still have a spot to fill with Troy Brown likely done and Kelly Washington a likely cut or rework. They need some help at WR, so they will explore all options.

I'm more concerned about how he would fit in. Could the Pats be thinking about switching to a 4-3?

Has anyone seen Trent Green? :wacko:

Any Chance Andre Tippett comes back to play some LB this season for the Patriots ?

If it's such a great anti-concussion device why hasn't every NFL/NHL team made it mandatory and why is this guy still the team dentist and not retired, living in Cabo or something? Not saying he didn't invent it, just wondering why he wouldn't market it everywhere instead of just to the Pats? Like to the Dolphins, so Thomas didn't get them in the first place? Or to the Flyers so S. Gagne wouldn't keep getting them?

There's a "consussion-proof" helmet for like $1,000 and the NFL still hasn't adopted that. Just b/c it's not mandatory doesn't make it so.

As for Zack, this is just another example of Jew Rosendiick screwing over his half-witted clients. Dude, you're at the tail-end of your career. You just got cut. Lots of teams won't even touch you. You have a chance to go with a SB-caliber team. You have plenty of money. - Yet you're talking to the Saints? What a focktard. Starting to think that brain injury is really serious.

We were excited about Tory James? :thumbsup:

Stallworth is gone. Booker might come cheap. Where is the harm in testing him out. Booker hasn't had a QB in a long time.

Zach Thomas is not done, especially as a 3-4 MLB where even fossils like Seau could get by.

I could see Thomas, Bruschi, and Seau playing checkers in the park on their days off.

You do realize that Moss and Stallworth are both UFA's. Even if Moss gets tagged, they still have a spot to fill with Troy Brown likely done and Kelly Washington a likely cut or rework. They need some help at WR, so they will explore all options.

Stallworth is as good as gone.

We were excited about Tory James? :thumbsup:

Damn right you were. Boston himself was touting it as a quality signing for some veteran depth.

Since we're jumping the gun... The 19-0 Giants have just won Super Bowl XLIII !!

Free agent Zach Thomas is reportedly in search of a multi-year deal that includes guaranteed money.

The Providence Journal speculates the Patriots' offer may have only been for the minimum plus incentives. Thomas will meet with the Saints Tuesday and the Cowboys on Wednesday. The Jets and Bills also want to talk to him. If money is the primary factor, he probably won't sign with the Patriots.

Source: Providence Journal

Since we're jumping the gun... The 19-0 Giants have just won Super Bowl XLIII !!

Free agent Zach Thomas is reportedly in search of a multi-year deal that includes guaranteed money.

The Providence Journal speculates the Patriots' offer may have only been for the minimum plus incentives. Thomas will meet with the Saints Tuesday and the Cowboys on Wednesday. The Jets and Bills also want to talk to him. If money is the primary factor, he probably won't sign with the Patriots.

Source: Providence Journal

Like I said earlier, this is the product of his dooshbag attorney. Dude's damaged goods. The 'fins couldn't even negotiate a trade for him. Unless Parcells is an idiot, that likely means "we contacted all the teams, but nobody gave a damn".

Jew Rosenhouse only cares about one thing - himself and how much money he can get from his witless clients. How you pass on a deal with a likely SB team in favor of money you'll likely never gonna get is beyond me.

Next Stop: Oakland.

Next Stop: Oakland.

WTF. No way are the Raiders going to try to bring a battered and nearly-retired Thomas onto a young defense, when the offense is not ready to do anything yet, and middle linebacker is the least of their problems.

WTF. No way are the Raiders going to try to bring a battered and nearly-retired Thomas onto a young defense, when the offense is not ready to do anything yet, and middle linebacker is the least of their problems.

Bill Romanowski, Warren Sappp ring a bell??

Bill Romanowski, Warren Sappp ring a bell??

Bill Romanowski and Warren Sapp joined the team when they had a great offense and a not so young defense, smartass. Also, OLB and DT were positions of need at the time, whereas MLB currently isn't. :overhead:

No way are the Raiders going to try to bring a battered and nearly-retired Thomas onto a young defense, when the offense is not ready to do anything yet, and middle linebacker is the least of their problems.

I know you enjoy making fun of the Raiders, but you should at least try to make a shred of sense next time.

great!!! he and bruschi can tell each other stories for hours...

the same ones...theyll just forget them after 20 minutes...

:P

Here are a few links:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2314899

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/arti...es_concussions/

Do a google search and there are a bunch more - the NFL has been way being the curve on this one.

I know you enjoy making fun of the Raiders, but you should at least try to make a shred of sense next time.

Have you forgotten who runs the Raiduhs? Geebus, that focker hasn't made sense in the last 20 years. :thumbsup: What is it? 5 coaches in 6 years? You know it's bad when nobody wants to work for the guy. Good luck signing any quality FA's out there. :unsure:

Here are a few links:

Do a google search and there are a bunch more - the NFL has been way being the curve on this one.

:thumbsup: Good stuff, thanks. Unbelieveable that the NFL and NHL wouldn't make these things (mouth guards) mandatory. What's the harm to them? I just don't get it.

When did Daniel Snyder buy the Pats? When the Pats could not outscore everyone in the playoffs like they did in the RS their LBs were totally exposed. And now they want another fossil. Fine by the rest of the league.

When did Daniel Snyder buy the Pats? When the Pats could not outscore everyone in the playoffs like they did in the RS their LBs were totally exposed. And now they want another fossil. Fine by the rest of the league.

I think that the LB's did fine in the playoffs. Particularly against the run. The problem was the pressure up front and, more importantly, lack of plays from the DB's.

Here are a few links:

That's fricking outrageous that the NFL guy responsible for studying/reducing head injuries isn't even a Neurologist. Seems to me NFL could be setting themselves up for a huge lawsuit.

Again, I keep using this as an example, but the NFL is so ticky-tack on every little aspect of the uniform, but the one thing that might do some good - mouthguards? Optional.

Know why? You can't see the manufacturer's label on a mouthguard. No label, no endorsement deal. That's why you'll never see a helmet that doesn't have a Ridell sticker. - Huge endorsement deal. :thumbsup:

The Giants scored seventeen points in the Superbowl. Yeah what a complete defensive breakdown. :thumbsup:

Zach is also to meet with the Texans.

The problem I have is how would this affect Demeco Ryans moving him to the outside?

The Giants scored seventeen points in the Superbowl. Yeah what a complete defensive breakdown. :thumbsdown:
I was more referring to the fact that when the Pats were putting up 35 in the first half of games the LBs could be agressive. Yet when the defense was forced to stay on the field and man up, they ran out of gas. How bout that last Giant drive? Oh and :dunno: