Sign in to follow this  
Sweetness_34

Green Bay Coach and GM

Yes, good enough to sneak away with a W by 5 points after getting 4 gift picks...in Lambo.

If you think the Pack have a shot in Soldier, even if Cutler throws 4 picks again, you're crazy.

The Pack need to focking adjust their offensive game plan. They have no business running 7 or even 5 step drops with the o-line they trot out there every week...even with Clifton. It's getting embarrassing to watch. Either the game plan is focked, or Rodgers needs a serious adjustment to his mental clock. It's ridiculous watching him get hammered for 20 sacks in 4 games. Pathetic.

Yes...I think GB has a very good chance in Chicago.

Oh...and Tauscher is likely going to be in as well.

Yes he kept getting up but if your dumb GM (who assembled this OL BTW....the only good player on that OL is CLifton and he was inherited by Dumb GM Thompson) does not get his fat azz coach to block himself, Rodgers will be on the IR not before too long....5 sacks to Antwan Odom? Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Oh and you got 4 gift ints and a dumb special teams play to barely steal a win at home. You have no pass rush (7 secs to a QB as old as Favre? Bwaaaaaaaah) and no OL, which means another crappy year for the fudgepackers. But enjoy that big win over the Rams.....3 sacks to Leonard Little? Bwaaaaaaaaaaaah

Looks like the best team ever in a preseason is getting a dose of regular season reality....and it is not pretty. Wait until the Ravens, Steelers, Bears and Vikings get a hold of that sorry OL again....hell the Lions will be beating up Rodgers at this rate.

:thumbsup:

4 gift INTs...or the D actually had something to do with them.

The only dose of reality is you are running your trap about a team that beat your Bears.

And as pointed out in that other place you posted the throwing under the bus thing...you have no damn clue what throwing someone under the bus is.

I will always side with Brett Favre on this one. The Packers should have used that Arron Rodgers pick to get another great player and let Favre do his thing. If he came back he came back if not get a QB the next year. Every player drafted after Rodgers would have helped Green Bay win with Favre.

Some of them, Roddy White, Luis Castillo, Logan Mankins, have become premier players at their position. I'm also pretty sure that Spencer and Marlin Jackson have been very good for their respective teams and while they had Donald Lee already Miller would have been a more well rounded TE who can block great but also catch the rock. Favre loved having Chumura back in the day I think Miller would have been great with this offense. What about 3 WR's of Driver, Jennings and Roddy White?

Or what about Luis Castillo stuffing the run in Green Bay over the last few years? All of this while still having the better QB Favre instead of Rodgers.

26. Seattle Seahawks (from Oakland through NY Jets) - Chris Spencer, C Ole Miss

27. Atlanta Falcons - Roddy White, WR UAB

28. San Diego Chargers - Luis Castillo, DT Northwestern

29. Indianapolis Colts - Marlin Jackson, CB Michigan

30. Pittsburgh Steelers - Heath Miller*, TE Virginia

31. Philadelphia Eagles - Mike Patterson, DT USC

32. New England Patriots - Logan Mankins, OG Fresno State

A lot of hindsight there in how those guys worked out.

In the end.

Rodgers is likely going to be better than all of them.

You don't draft around a late 30's QB who could retire at any time.

To question the Rodgers pick is pretty laughable right now.

I will always side with Brett Favre on this one. The Packers should have used that Arron Rodgers pick to get another great player and let Favre do his thing. If he came back he came back if not get a QB the next year. Every player drafted after Rodgers would have helped Green Bay win with Favre.

Some of them, Roddy White, Luis Castillo, Logan Mankins, have become premier players at their position. I'm also pretty sure that Spencer and Marlin Jackson have been very good for their respective teams and while they had Donald Lee already Miller would have been a more well rounded TE who can block great but also catch the rock. Favre loved having Chumura back in the day I think Miller would have been great with this offense. What about 3 WR's of Driver, Jennings and Roddy White?

Or what about Luis Castillo stuffing the run in Green Bay over the last few years? All of this while still having the better QB Favre instead of Rodgers.

26. Seattle Seahawks (from Oakland through NY Jets) - Chris Spencer, C Ole Miss

27. Atlanta Falcons - Roddy White, WR UAB

28. San Diego Chargers - Luis Castillo, DT Northwestern

29. Indianapolis Colts - Marlin Jackson, CB Michigan

30. Pittsburgh Steelers - Heath Miller*, TE Virginia

31. Philadelphia Eagles - Mike Patterson, DT USC

32. New England Patriots - Logan Mankins, OG Fresno State

When Chris Spencer is not injured, he has played decent at best. Rodgers was a much better pick than Spencer would have been.

A lot of hindsight there in how those guys worked out.

In the end.

Rodgers is likely going to be better than all of them.

You don't draft around a late 30's QB who could retire at any time.

To question the Rodgers pick is pretty laughable right now.

Sho Nuff? I questioned it then, I really did, I never sided with Green Bay on this one. I've questioned it since the pick was made. He sat on the bench for 2 years and Favre kept playing, I thought that was crazy when they had this HOF QB and they were wasting high picks on his replacement as opposed to keeping talent around him. Many people did and have continued to question it. I don't think you can say it's laughable if we've stayed with that believe from the beginning.

You say you don't draft around a late 30's QB who could retire at any time but that makes no sense. The pieces you put in place for that QB are going to be in place for whoever replaces him. There have been many QBs that Green Bay could have drafted over the last few years that would have been able to sit on the bench just like Rodgers did. Furthermore they were WRONG - HE didn't RETIRE!, they pushed him out of Green Bay and mismanaged their draft by wasting a pick on Rodgers,

At this point I'd say Logan Mankins is having a better career than Rodgers. He has started every game at Guard for the Patriots since his rookie year. He made the 2007 Pro Bowl 2nd team and the 2008 Pro Bowl. I don't even think it's really close at this point and I'm not sure how you can? I'd also say Roddy White and Luis Castillo have done more as pros.

Check out this link on NFL Guard Rankings regarding how talented and vicious Mankins is.

Finally, Green Bay screwed up twice, first drafting Rodgers and second not trading him to Oakland for Randy Moss which they tried to do but the Pats beat them to the punch.

If that doesn't prove that GB was having 2nd thoughts what will?

When Chris Spencer is not injured, he has played decent at best. Rodgers was a much better pick than Spencer would have been.

Thanks for that. I was curious about him. That's why I didn't put him in that list with White, Castillo and Mankins.

...second not trading him to Oakland for Randy Moss which they tried to do but the Pats beat them to the punch.

Link? Because I don't ever remember hearing that. All I ever heard was a second round pick.

Also: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/29310724.html

"If the Packers were to offer a player, the source said the Raiders wouldn't have any interest in quarterback Aaron Rodgers but indicated that defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila or defensive tackle Corey Williams might have considerable appeal to them. The Packers insist Rodgers isn't available, anyway."

Sho Nuff? I questioned it then, I really did, I never sided with Green Bay on this one. I've questioned it since the pick was made. He sat on the bench for 2 years and Favre kept playing, I thought that was crazy when they had this HOF QB and they were wasting high picks on his replacement as opposed to keeping talent around him. Many people did and have continued to question it. I don't think you can say it's laughable if we've stayed with that believe from the beginning.

You say you don't draft around a late 30's QB who could retire at any time but that makes no sense. The pieces you put in place for that QB are going to be in place for whoever replaces him. There have been many QBs that Green Bay could have drafted over the last few years that would have been able to sit on the bench just like Rodgers did. Furthermore they were WRONG - HE didn't RETIRE!, they pushed him out of Green Bay and mismanaged their draft by wasting a pick on Rodgers,

At this point I'd say Logan Mankins is having a better career than Rodgers. He has started every game at Guard for the Patriots since his rookie year. He made the 2007 Pro Bowl 2nd team and the 2008 Pro Bowl. I don't even think it's really close at this point and I'm not sure how you can? I'd also say Roddy White and Luis Castillo have done more as pros.

Check out this link on NFL Guard Rankings regarding how talented and vicious Mankins is.

Finally, Green Bay screwed up twice, first drafting Rodgers and second not trading him to Oakland for Randy Moss which they tried to do but the Pats beat them to the punch.

First off...yeah...Im so sure you were saying at the time that Logan Mankins was the right pick for them.

Yes...Favre kept playing...again, more hindsight. At the time...nobody knew how long. And apparently sitting on the bench has helped him be much more successful of a QB than the guy who went #1 overall.

They found a possible franchise QB late in the 1st round. Groomed him...

And yes...he did RETIRE!!!

Wasting a pick on Rodgers...funny how a starting QB who is in the top 10 or so of QBs in the league is now a wasted pick.

And I don't judge just based on this point. Over their careers...possible franchise QB is more important than starting offensive guard.

I know Makins is talented...but you are again using hindsight.

On the Oakland trade...thanks for using a completely unfounded rumor to show that GB was having any 2nd thoughts.

If dumb and dumber knew what they were doing they would know that you win in the NFL in the trenches. No OL and no pass rush means you have no chance to do anything significant.

And yes, if dumb and dumber had got some more pieces around Favre, they could have easily at least played in the SB vs the Pats, if not won it. Dumb and dumber refused to trade a 2nd round draft pick for Randy Moss, all the while sitting on tons of cap space, and instead have wasted draft picks on Justin Harrell and Brian Brohm. BF Raji has not even seen the field yet.

Rodgers has now been in the league more than 5 years....and the best he has ever done is a 6-10 record.....yipppppppeeeeeeeee. Hopefully dumb and dumber stay in GB for a lot longer :thumbsdown:

On the Oakland trade...thanks for using a completely unfounded rumor to show that GB was having any 2nd thoughts.

Anyone with a brain can deduce that GB could have had Randy Moss for a 4th rounder or more ... .Oak would have been more than happy to send him to the NFC rather than keep him in the AFC. And if they had made that deal, Favre would still be playing in GB and winning just like he did on MNF. Facts are dumb and dumber drove Favre out of town by drafting Rodgers, not getting Moss, not getting Tony Gonzalez etc

Anyone with a brain can deduce that GB could have had Randy Moss for a 4th rounder or more ... .Oak would have been more than happy to send him to the NFC rather than keep him in the AFC. And if they had made that deal, Favre would still be playing in GB and winning just like he did on MNF. Facts are dumb and dumber drove Favre out of town by drafting Rodgers, not getting Moss, not getting Tony Gonzalez etc

Thank you Sweetness. Thank you for being you!

And what the fock is with all the Randy Moss talk? Any franchise in the league could have gotten Moss on the cheap, including Duh Bears.

If dumb and dumber knew what they were doing they would know that you win in the NFL in the trenches. No OL and no pass rush means you have no chance to do anything significant.

And yes, if dumb and dumber had got some more pieces around Favre, they could have easily at least played in the SB vs the Pats, if not won it. Dumb and dumber refused to trade a 2nd round draft pick for Randy Moss, all the while sitting on tons of cap space, and instead have wasted draft picks on Justin Harrell and Brian Brohm. BF Raji has not even seen the field yet.

Rodgers has now been in the league more than 5 years....and the best he has ever done is a 6-10 record.....yipppppppeeeeeeeee. Hopefully dumb and dumber stay in GB for a lot longer :dunno:

Seriously...you calling someone else dumb is damn funny.

They did not refuse to trade a 2nd round pick for Randy. They had a deal at a 4th rounder til the Pats came in...they never got the chance to offer more. In addition...Randy never actually wanted to come once McCarthy let him know what would be expected of him. You might want to actually research some things before spreading complete lies. But thats all you do anyway.

The best he has ever done? Its was his first year as a starter.

More than 5 years? This is his 5th focking year you brain dead idiot.

And any idiot who knows the facts realizes they did offer a 4th rounder and were beaten out by the Pats.

And Randy did not want to come there anyway after he found out what would be expected of him.

Had they made that trade...you have no idea what would have happened...considering Randy went to a better team, with a better QB...and still came up short.

You have no "facts"...and if Favre cannot handle a QB being drafted to eventually replace him...he deserved to be gone.

Not getting Tony...Favre left because they did not get Gonzo last year...after Favre was gone?Wow...thanks for once again proving you don't know squat.

"Below my expectations," Rodgers said. "Three possessions where you're in their territory, you come away with zero points. Two of them were directly related to mistakes by myself. Disappointing."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...p#ixzz0TX6aiSRY

Yup...a QB taking it on himself...rather than whining about a WR not being a go up and get it guy.

Maybe your boy should take notes.

So now drama queen Favre kicks the fudge packer fans in the nutz again by telling them this Viking team is the best he ever played on.... :overhead: :thumbsup: :doublethumbsup:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Favre-...r-been-on.html#

=============

I love the whining from the fudge packer fans though below the article :music_guitarred:

============

As a Pack fan, it pains me to say it, but I think he's right. Again, Thompson, see what you can do when you sign GOOD FREE AGENTS (Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson) and hit more than once every five years at the top of the draft (Kevin Williams, EJ Henderson, Adrian Peterson, Chad Greenway). Compare that to Justin Harrell, Pat Lee, Jordy Nelson, AJ Hawk, Brandon Jackson, Brian Brohm.... I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

=============

Favre's comments were aimed at his own team. Just as he made the comment that the Packers were the most talented team he had ever been on a few years ago.

Oh...and the 1996 Packers > 2009 Vikings (as good as Allen is, Reggie was better...and 1996 Brett > 2009 Brett)

Oh...and the 1996 Packers > 2009 Vikings (as good as Allen is, Reggie was better...and 1996 Brett > 2009 Brett)

Favre does not think so. And it is not about individual talent....it is about the entire team. But I love how Favre keeps taking a dump on you and the rest of the fudge packer fans.

Favre does not think so. And it is not about individual talent....it is about the entire team. But I love how Favre keeps taking a dump on you and the rest of the fudge packer fans.

Yes...the entire 1996 team was better than the entire 2009 Vikings team.

#1 in offense, #1 in defense...and ridiculously good special teams.

I love how you think this is taking a dump on us...I guess after dumping on your Bears for years this is all you are left with.

BTW

21-15....how about that dump?

Nice job dmb and dumber signing Ahman Green after wasting a 2nd rounder on Brandon Jackson.... :thumbsup:

How is the Bears running back situation going?

Pretty good decision with Thomas Jones........

Way to go with Cedric Benson..........

Hows Forte working out so far?

In the 2010 draft that is predicted to be loaded with talent, where are the Bears picking? Nice future you have there. Hope Gaines Adams works out for you.

Seriously why dont you left your year old thread die and start a new Packer bashing thread?

Or better yet, lets do that after the Packers beat your Bears a second time.

Not a bear or packer fan but from the outside looking in i would say that Green Bay's Management has done a much better job running their franchise over the last 20 years.

Also, I would be very surprised if Chicago ever won a superbowl with Cutler at quarterback. Great talent, great arm, but a poor decision maker. Well done Denver unloading this guy!!

Seriously why dont you left your year old thread die and start a new Packer bashing thread?

Or better yet, lets do that after the Packers beat your Bears a second time.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA :overhead: :overhead: :pointstosky:

Not a bear or packer fan but from the outside looking in i would say that Green Bay's Management has done a much better job running their franchise over the last 20 years.

Also, I would be very surprised if Chicago ever won a superbowl with Cutler at quarterback. Great talent, great arm, but a poor decision maker. Well done Denver unloading this guy!!

Yeah, if it wasn't for the draft pick they took Johnny Knox with Duh Bears would be looking mighty stupid with this deal.

But it was cute how fired up Sweetness was when it went through. :music_guitarred:

Nice job dmb and dumber signing Ahman Green after wasting a 2nd rounder on Brandon Jackson.... :overhead:

Signing a 3rd RB because Wynn was placed on IR is dumb?

Huh...veteran minimum...such a terrible move to bring in a vet who can help Grant and Jackson out with his knowledge of the offense and how to actually run a screen pass.

Justice is served on Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. This is Brett Favre's World and they are just lucky we have been able to watch him play ball while a Packer, and eat his dust as a Viking! Thompson is to blame for the mother of all Fock ups, and he got faced! :overhead:

Justice is served on Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. This is Brett Favre's World and they are just lucky we have been able to watch him play ball while a Packer, and eat his dust as a Viking! Thompson is to blame for the mother of all Fock ups, and he got faced! :dunno:

4 TDs each in both games....BLOW PACK BLOW....

:overhead: :doublethumbsup: :music_guitarred:

You may return to your 30 years of irrelevance, fudge packer fans! Enjoy watching Favre in the playoffs....hahahahaha

4 TDs each in both games....BLOW PACK BLOW....

:overhead: :dunno: :thumbsup:

You may return to your 30 years of irrelevance, fudge packer fans! Enjoy watching Favre in the playoffs....hahahahaha

Bears suck too, man. Bears suck, too.

But the Vikings rule. SKOL VIKINGS!

Vikings coach Brad Childress took a calculated gamble by bringing Favre to Minnesota and immediately installing him as the starter. In a not-so-subtle jab at the way the Packers handled the Favre fiasco last year, Childress said, "I didn't bring him in to compete. That's what he was going to do in Green Bay."

:)

Green Bay — Quarterback Brett Favre has frustrated his share of players, coaches and fans over the years and so it was no surprise that he was at it again Sunday.

For the second time in four weeks, Favre frustrated the Green Bay Packers defense so much that one of its members spoke in less than glowing terms about the way players are being used in first-year defensive coordinator Dom Capers' 3-4 system.

Defensive end Cullen Jenkins spoke out after the Packers' 38-26 loss to the Minnesota Vikings, saying he felt "handcuffed" in the new defense and that the coaches weren't putting the players in the positions where they can be most successful. Jenkins' complaint comes on the heels of cornerback Charles Woodson questioning why the Packers didn't blitz more in the loss to the Vikings Oct. 5 in the Metrodome.

"Basically, we have good players on this defense," Jenkins said after Favre completed a two-game whitewashing of the Packers in which he was not sacked once. "We've got Pro Bowl players on this defense and they were sent to the Pro Bowl doing certain things. And they're not doing those things.

"It's tough. We have players who are good at doing stuff and we're not doing it. You want to win, and when you're not winning those things you start questioning, is it that people really want to win or they really want to accomplish another goal, just running what they want to run? I don't know. It's tough, though."

Jenkins would not be specific as to which players were being held back, but it doesn't take a genius to know he's probably talking about himself, Aaron Kampman, who has had to move from end to linebacker, and Johnny Jolly, who has had to move from defensive tackle to end. All three are playing different positions from those they played in the 4-3 in previous years.

Jenkins was particularly frustrated at the lack of pass rush the Packers put on Favre, who for the second straight game was able to sit comfortably in the pocket and cut up the defense, this time completing 17 of 28 passes for 244 yards and four touchdowns. In the two games, including the 30-23 loss in Minneapolis, Favre has thrown seven touchdown passes without an interception.

"Are we doing everything we can to win games or are we doing everything we can to run a certain thing that we want to run?" the normally soft-spoken Jenkins said. "I want to win and I want to do whatever it takes to win. At some point, you have to take the handcuffs off and let the boys play."

Hey, you're back. Guess the Bears won

so much for dom capers figuring out how to beat brett just once......theyll have to wait a full year to try and get that first into or sack vs brett..and people here thought he was going to hurt the vikes..or that the packers were going to hit him and put him out haha.... this is the worst 4 win team in the league right now...

the packers wanted brett out 2 years before it actually happened..they refused to go after moss etc...

they had a right to go with rodgers after favre retired..but to bring him back and insult him the way he did...well, TT is taking it to his GM grave and i thought it was quite fantastic...compete with aaron? brett shouldve just did that..it hurt him to hear it come to that after 13-3...but he shouldve just done it...compete vs aaron? REALLY? hahhaha...

aaron has regressed..he was sloppy in training camp....wonderful in perseason..which counts for what, im not sure...he thinks hes tarkenton, but with slow mental reflexes...

Rodgers has no clue how to throw the ball away....loves taking sacks. And this is after he is out of the pocket and has waited 7 secs to release the ball....nice vision :doublethumbsup:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Sweetness_34.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Sweetness_34

The Bears stomp the Browns and all this bottom feeder does is live in Seahawk/Packer threads. :doublethumbsup: What an absolute piece of shite.

Brett Favre called after shiatting all over the fudge packer fans in lameblow.....

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

:wall: :doublethumbsup: :doublethumbsup:

Just like their big win over the Lions, that huge victory over the FEARED Cleveland Browns has reinvigorated him. Lets predict Sweetness' board activity for the remainder of the season:

Week 9 vs. AZ: The Cupcakes are at home, and the Cards looked bad yesterday against he focking Panthers. I think Sweetness will be around

Week 10 @ SF: Cupcakes on the road vs. a gritty, emotional Niners team. I'll take the mentally stronger squad and say that Sweetness will be absent this week.

Week 11 Vs. Philly: Prime time game against the Eagles. Considering the Seahawks have to go into Minnesota this week, it'll be PAINFUL for him to avoid this thread, but I think both games will be blowouts. 2 straight weeks without the guy.

Week 12 @ MIN: This week the Bears get their turn in Minnesota. 3 straight weeks w/o sweetness!!!!!

Week 13 VS STL:Sweetness makes his triumphant return after the Bears dispatch yet another NFL juggernaut.

Week 14 VS GB: Sweetness goes right back into hiding after Rodgers throws 3 TD's and Cutler throws 3 picks. The Packers sweep this big rivalry. Possible suicide watch for our plucky little poster.

Week 15 @ BAL: Ouch. He might actually off himself this week.

Week 16 VS MIN: In week 14 it was Favre destroying them. Considering the struggles #4 has had at Soldier Field, AP will run for over 200 yards against the Bears yet again. Sweetness' mom will be worried.

Week 17 @ DET: Bears fans end the year on a positive note. Another big win over the Lions and Sweetness will be back, bragging about Cutlers' 300 yards and 3 TD's.