Sign in to follow this  
Sweetness_34

Green Bay Coach and GM

:rolleyes:

The fact is, Green Bay could have won this game IF McCarthy doesn't channel his inner Childress and screw up a challenge and if Green Bay trusted any of their backs in close to the goaline.

There was less time than normal takes place between the network replay of that incompletion, and the subsequent snap of the ball by Atlanta. Green Bay - like any team - has network camera feed observers to notify the coaching staff of challengeable plays. In this case, both the announcers as well as the network didn't even mention the possibility that there was an incompletion until literally 10 seconds before the ball was snapped. Our own defensive player didn't put up a fuss either, and he should have.

While I hate that Green Bay didn't challenge this critical play, I can see why it happened - and I detected a noticeable pro-Atlanta bent to the play by play crew (who I hated; Billeck and the other clown suck at calling the game), likely due to the fact that that particular duo often calls Atlanta games.

Ryan Grant has been injured for 12 weeks. You'd think the Pack would have addressed that issue by now. But I guess you...and McCarthy want your franchise QB slugging it up in goaline situations the rest of the way?

This is a silly statement designed primarily to troll. If any team that doesn't have a strong running game hasn't addressed it by now, they're in the same boat then. In fact, if Minnesota's passing game "isn't that strong", they should have addressed it by now, right? <_<

Like I said....dumb.

Then any team in the NFL is guilty. Including yours. Which makes the charge utterly pointless.

Quit crying about all the injuries.

Quit stupidly ignoring just how important critical injuries are. What is the Colts' record? They too are decimated. Every team has depth to one degree or another, but constant turntiling at critical positions - combined with the fact that normal rational people acknowledge that the starter is the best player at that position - inevitably cost teams wins. That is what has taken place this year with Green Bay. Obviously.

The Packers had enough talent on the field to win on Sunday.

This is another asinine statement, because that can be said of any NFL team that fields 11 players on each side of the ball every Sunday. It is an immeasurable metric, and not worth even mentioning, but your trolling nature makes it irresistible for you to do so.

The issue then is...why didn't they?

1) Because they played a great team with a dominant home record;

2) Because the refs screwed the pooch on an incomplete 4th down play that the network didn't replay quickly and the defensive player didn't question;

3) Because Rodgers fumbled on the goal line;

4) Because one team has to lose.

Beyond that, no one here I'm aware of guaranteed a win against Atlanta in their own building. They're a very good team, but I really like Green Bay's chances should we get another shot at them.

:rolleyes:

The fact is, Green Bay could have won this game IF McCarthy doesn't channel his inner Childress and screw up a challenge and if Green Bay trusted any of their backs in close to the goaline.

The challenge comes from above.... nothing to do with McCartney... Looking at the play live it was hard to tell, but looking at the replay it was easy.... But replay has supreme advantages for the home team (as they show it over and over on the big scoreboard).... not so much for the away team....

Trusted their backs on the goalline? Based upon what? Atlanta was getting a huge jump off the ball in the loud dome and mauling the packers line on run plays... I guess it's easy to say now.... but is that really "bad coaching"?

You'd think the Pack would have addressed that issue by now. But I guess you...and McCarthy want your franchise QB slugging it up in goaline situations the rest of the way?

Like I said....dumb.

Address how? Grab Barry Sanders from the waiver wire :pointstosky:

MeShawn (2.4ypc) Lynch?

I think the Packers are doing pretty good this year with no running game.

They need to runblock better on the road and perform better on special teams.

Quit crying about all the injuries. The Packers had enough talent on the field to win on Sunday. The issue then is...why didn't they?

--Not punching it in the first time down deep

--Fumbling on the one

--Not challenging the 4th and 3 incompletion

--Bad special teams play

If you are going to blame McCarthy, you also have to blame him for calling the plays that led the Packers to dominate the game yardage-wise 420-284 and for basically moving the ball up the field all day long...

So, he deserves some credit for the good coaching....

Fumbling on the one, the no challenge from above, and the bad special teams play are not directly on him.... (although people need to answer to him on all three)

There was less time than normal takes place between the network replay of that incompletion, and the subsequent snap of the ball by Atlanta. Green Bay - like any team - has network camera feed observers to notify the coaching staff of challengeable plays. In this case, both the announcers as well as the network didn't even mention the possibility that there was an incompletion until literally 10 seconds before the ball was snapped. Our own defensive player didn't put up a fuss either, and he should have.

While I hate that Green Bay didn't challenge this critical play, I can see why it happened - and I detected a noticeable pro-Atlanta bent to the play by play crew (who I hated; Billeck and the other clown suck at calling the game), likely due to the fact that that particular duo often calls Atlanta games.

Chilly was lambasted for not challenging the Quarless TD in the game @ Lambeau....and rightly so. Maybe Green Bay should have taken a timeout to look the play over instead of waiting for the network feed. Seems like it was kinda an important play.

This is a silly statement designed primarily to troll. If any team that doesn't have a strong running game hasn't addressed it by now, they're in the same boat then. In fact, if Minnesota's passing game "isn't that strong", they should have addressed it by now, right? <_<

Then any team in the NFL is guilty. Including yours. Which makes the charge utterly pointless.

All I said was Green Bay should have another plan of attack at the goaline other than slamming Rodgers into the pile multiple times. But this seems to be Green Bay's MO....considering Rodgers has had quite a few rushing TDs the past few years, and a good chunk of them come in close to the stripe. Yes or no question....do you really want to continue to slam Rodgers into the pile in goaline situations?

Quit stupidly ignoring just how important critical injuries are. What is the Colts' record? They too are decimated.

Were the Colts competitive in their last game? Nope. The Packers were....and they could have won. The reason they didn't has to do with plays not being made (fumble on the 1, no challenge) or penalties (facemask on the return which lead to a game winning FG...didn't Zombo commit this foul? Not exactly a scrub). I saw quotes from Matthews saying the Packers have beaten themselves this year. I don't think he'd use injuries as an excuse. Why are you?

turntiling

English Motherfocker!!!! Do you speak it????!!!!!

This is another asinine statement, because that can be said of any NFL team that fields 11 players on each side of the ball every Sunday. It is an immeasurable metric, and not worth even mentioning, but your trolling nature makes it irresistible for you to do so.

No. Green Bay can play with anyone in the league....now. Without Finley. Without Grant. Without Barnett. They've got a good team. And it's something that can be measured in wins and losses. If Green Bay doesn't live up to expectations, it's not because of all their injuries. It's because they didn't get the job done on the field. Pretty simple really.

Beyond that, no one here I'm aware of guaranteed a win against Atlanta in their own building. They're a very good team, but I really like Green Bay's chances should we get another shot at them.

You can go back through this thread and read where I said I would congratulate GB on a victory but would call you out for making excuses after a loss...which is common for the Green and Gold. Atlanta is the better team...and they proved it Sunday.....not because they're really any better than Green Bay. Honestly, Green Bay is as talented, or more than Atlanta. The Falcons just know not to beat themselves. That's the mark of a good team.

Trusted their backs on the goalline? Based upon what? Atlanta was getting a huge jump off the ball in the loud dome and mauling the packers line on run plays... I guess it's easy to say now.... but is that really "bad coaching"?

So you wanna continue to slug Rodgers....your franchise QB....into the pile in goaline situations? I'd think if you have a franchise signal caller, you might wanna minimize the wear and tear on him.....then maybe he won't cough it up on the 1.

Address how? Grab Barry Sanders from the waiver wire :pointstosky:

MeShawn (2.4ypc) Lynch?

I think the Packers are doing pretty good this year with no running game.

They need to runblock better on the road and perform better on special teams.

I agree....the Packers are doing well without much of a running game....right now. Still, why is Coach Mike trying to make Rodgers into Tebow? The plan in goaline situations can't be calling Rodgers number. Every once in a while....sure. But multiple times each game? Against a strong run defense. Questionable.

--Not punching it in the first time down deep

--Fumbling on the one

--Not challenging the 4th and 3 incompletion

--Bad special teams play

If you are going to blame McCarthy, you also have to blame him for calling the plays that led the Packers to dominate the game yardage-wise 420-284 and for basically moving the ball up the field all day long...

So, he deserves some credit for the good coaching....

Fumbling on the one, the no challenge from above, and the bad special teams play are not directly on him.... (although people need to answer to him on all three)

:lol:

How very PC of you. Look, NFL headcoach is a thankless job. The players get a lot of the credit when they win, and the coach gets criticized....or fired.....if they lose. Just the way it is.

You wanna get credit???? Win something.

The no challenge was on McCarthy imo. The importance of the play and the timing necessitated a red flag. The cost would have been a 1st half timeout (who cares) and the potential benefit was not giving up 7 crucial points. Even without the reply, he should have challenged a key play like that.

Crappy special teams is an oft overlooked part of the game. That is the GM and coaching staff that are accountable to the players on the field and the execution of the tasks. Someone is to blame for stinking it up on ST. Good coverage and returns are an underated aspect of the game that has a big effect on field position and ultimately winners and losers.

The fumble, well that stuff happens. Nit picking to blame anyone on that. The critique is the GB has a gaping hole on their team and needs their qb to punch it in instead of a reliable back. I would be more concerned about him getting hurt than about the fumble. But, address the need either way. Look at how effective Westbrook was last night. There have been options out there and available, but GB hasn't pursued them or secured them.

In the end, the challenge was the real gaffe. Nice stats and a close loss seems to be the MO with the pack in recent years.

The no challenge was on McCarthy imo. The importance of the play and the timing necessitated a red flag. The cost would have been a 1st half timeout (who cares) and the potential benefit was not giving up 7 crucial points. Even without the reply, he should have challenged a key play like that.

Crappy special teams is an oft overlooked part of the game. That is the GM and coaching staff that are accountable to the players on the field and the execution of the tasks. Someone is to blame for stinking it up on ST. Good coverage and returns are an underated aspect of the game that has a big effect on field position and ultimately winners and losers.

The fumble, well that stuff happens. Nit picking to blame anyone on that. The critique is the GB has a gaping hole on their team and needs their qb to punch it in instead of a reliable back. I would be more concerned about him getting hurt than about the fumble. But, address the need either way. Look at how effective Westbrook was last night. There have been options out there and available, but GB hasn't pursued them or secured them.

In the end, the challenge was the real gaffe. Nice stats and a close loss seems to be the MO with the pack in recent years.

Agreed on the challenge.

As to special teams. Its been interesting as they have been shuffling guys on and off the units all year because of the injuries. A part of injuries don't always see is how it affects special team.

Now, that does not excuse it all for sure. Especially that last TD as part of the reason the returner got so easily up the middle was that Nick Collins took a bad angle towards that return (according to the coaches talk up on JSOline).

On the back to back sneaks.

The first one was Rodgers' audible. He saw something and thought he could get through. On the 2nd, McCarthy called it and thought they had the right call given the personnel and some other gobblety gook that McCarthy was talking about (gaps and apexes and whatnot).

What killed that was the LG (Colledge, who has played ok this year but had his worst game this year) got blown back and killed things pretty bad. I believe that happened on an earlier 3rd down play too.

ST and untimely turnovers have been sore points all year. In fact off the top of my head, I can point to key ST plays and TOs that lost several of our games

- Hester punt return and Jones fumble v. Bears

- Missed FG at end of regulation and Rodgers INT in OT v. Redskins (strangely, this game also featured a long drive ending on a QB sneak)

- Big return + penalty and goal-line fumble v. Falcons

I didn't catch the Fins game so I don't recall if there were any key ST flubs or turnovers there. The number of injuries GB has sustained has left very little room for error in beating good teams. Winning in the NFL is hard, turnovers and ST are as likely as not to be difference-makers in tight games.

Also, all of our losses by 3 points! We are 12 points from being 11-0! I think the football gods are messing with us.

ST and untimely turnovers have been sore points all year. In fact off the top of my head, I can point to key ST plays and TOs that lost several of our games

- Hester punt return and Jones fumble v. Bears

- Missed FG at end of regulation and Rodgers INT in OT v. Redskins (strangely, this game also featured a long drive ending on a QB sneak)

- Big return + penalty and goal-line fumble v. Falcons

I didn't catch the Fins game so I don't recall if there were any key ST flubs or turnovers there. The number of injuries GB has sustained has left very little room for error in beating good teams. Winning in the NFL is hard, turnovers and ST are as likely as not to be difference-makers in tight games.

Also, all of our losses by 3 points! We are 12 points from being 11-0! I think the football gods are messing with us.

I agree that we don't want Rodgers sneaking; that's too great an injury risk. The problem is the O line's inability to get a strong push in a loud dome; I don't blame anyone for that fumble; it was a football play. He was on the 1/2 yard line.

Perhaps McCarthy should have thrown the red flag there regardless. I know when I saw the play I didn't question the catch whatsoever until they showed the replay. It was too late then. Also unfortunate.

Special teams sucks - and for a one of the deeper teams in the NFL (injuries or not), they should be much better. That falls on the ST coach, who I do not like.

It is what it is. This is a young team with what I think is a personality which is too fragile. That will improve in time.

Feeling: the word should have been turnstiling. I missed the S.

UPDATE:

Rodgers another just stellar game

21/30 298 yards and 3 TDs..... 4 rushes for 39 yards

Favre

0/1 INT.... replacement comes in -- probably the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL -- and lights it up with the same team that Favre struggled with all year...

:pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

I like what I saw of James Starks...

...esp. the fact MM gave him that many touches in his FIRST game!!! :banana:

Just in time! (actually, a game late... but better late than NEVER) :headbanger:

Will swamp even return here after the Lions got beat by the Bills?

swamp's last post on this board?

November 8.

Im shocked I tell you...shocked that once again he made his exit from the main board in early November.

Somewhat upbeat with Starks' performance. Nothing flashy, but a solid 4 ypc is all we really need. The biggest inprovement I saw was the guy just hit the hole and ran forward, similar to Grant. No dancing around behind the line of scrimmage. If something wasn't there, he didn't try and make something out of nothing which is actually a good thing is my eyes.

But to add....last week against the Falcons it didn't matter who was running the ball. There was NOWHERE to run.

November 8.

Im shocked I tell you...shocked that once again he made his exit from the main board in early November.

Disappear Dog :music_guitarred:

Completely gone....

I could see him resurrecting for an hour or so if the Lions should upset the Packers.....

But it's safe to say that Sampy, much like Joey Harrington, is no longer looking very confident :doublethumbsup:

November 8.

The November elections probably chased swampdog off the Geek Bored too.

Sweetness has disappeared since the Bears lost to Seattle.

The November elections probably chased swampdog off the Geek Bored too.

Sweetness has disappeared since the Bears lost to Seattle.

i'z here! been deer hunting (bow, rifle, and muzzleloader). :overhead:

4th and 1 with the back-up QB playing...............let's throw it deep. :clap:

Yeah - that didn't make much sense to me. Could have been called for pass interference though. I think that was the season.

i'z here! been deer hunting (bow, rifle, and muzzleloader). :overhead:

Yeah...had nothing to do with the Lions being toast...now he comes back to this thread miraculously after they win.

Hilarious.

Yeah...had nothing to do with the Lions being toast...now he comes back to this thread miraculously after they win.

Hilarious.

the lions are still toast, fockstick :overhead:

and now it's time for you, don, and the rest of your spoiled cheesehead ilk to disappear :music_guitarred:

and now it's time for you, don, and the rest of your spoiled cheesehead ilk to disappear :music_guitarred:

Unlike you...we are here minor lose and don't take a yearly sabbatical when the weather turns cold.

Unlike you...we are here minor lose and don't take a yearly sabbatical when the weather turns cold.

is that english? :cry:

It's not the "cold" that chases them off, it's the fact that when it STARTS to get cold, the Lions are already out of it.....so all their chest thumpin is finished for the year.

Good Times in Preseason and the 1st few games though, yes sir good times...... Championship! :first:

Yes, it has been a full 6 weeks since I posted last before today. What have I been doing? Well, nothing... But I made some bold statements back then like I always do and my Lions have tanked tremendously since then. Meanwhile, the Packers, whom I inecessantly dogged, have been playing very well despite having the most injuries of anybody in the league by far.

So, yes, I saw all of your posts calling me out and quoting all my dumb statements and asking where I went. I read through every single one of them this past 6 weeks. But I was too cowardly to take my own medicine that I dearly deserved.... too afraid of people on an anonymous message board...

That sounds extremely cowardly now that I think of it....

But something happened to day that changed everything. Seeing Rodgers get violently knocked out of the game gave me a full-on boner like I've never had before... Yes, sir... All 4 inches rock hard.

I've gotten some semi-chubbs over the years watching Favre have a multiple interception game or watching different Packer teams occassionally stumble, but nothing has ever gotten me so sexaul excited as to see Rodgers (hopefully permanently) injured...

When your team has seven winning seasons over the last 60 years and currently – despite drafting in the top-5 for the last decade – sitting at 3-10.... nothing can really get you excited except rooting for injuries on another team... and I fully admit to having a raging boner when Rodgers was knocked out.

Yes, Rodgers would have probably crushed us had he stayed in. But that doesn't matter. This is my day... I will enjoy this day and probably milk this week, but then I'm gone again until April when I will tell you in 46 threads how great the Lions will be and how confident Joey Harrington looks in camp.

So, you got me... I am a tremendous girlie coward and a frontrunner (as much of a frontrunner as a 3 and focking 10 team can be!) but that's my life at this point....

Don't judge me. This is all I've got. This is my day.... A 7-3 home win against a terrible back-up quarterback and a MASH squad of a Packer team... This was as close to a Super Bowl I will ever see... Let me enjoy it.... I'll be gone again before you know it as quickly as I came...

I am that cowardly....

Yes... we saw it the other thread already... Congrats on your Super Bowl win... Enjoy watching figure skating on the weekend during the playoffs for the 24th year in a row....

Smell you later :pointstosky:

is that english? :cry:

Was supposed to say, win or lose.

Got a bit quick on the EVO.

The point stands...we don't run and hide like you do.

Trying to stay up to speed with this... don't want you guys to think I'm ducking you...

I admit that I missed what Favre did today ..... I was busy... :dunno:

Rodgers had another great game, however :pointstosky:

Not sure where swamp made his big talk about Stafford.

But so much for his claim that Stafford would win a playoff game before Rodgers would. :banana:

Rodgers' three career playoff games (all on the road):

77/105 73% 969 yards, 10 TDs 1 Int, QB Rating 129.4

I didn't get to see what Favre did yesterday :(

:dunno:

Who disappeared.

Rodgers with 2 playoff wins...Cutler looking like he will get one too.

So much for that trash from you about Stafford huh?>

Rodgers' three career playoff games (all on the road):

77/105 73% 969 yards, 10 TDs 1 Int, QB Rating 129.4

I didn't get to see what Favre did yesterday :(

:dunno:

I also didn't see how Matt Stafford did?

I was wondering when this thread would get bumped. I think the jury has made their verdict. Ted Thompson made the right move. Rodgers is one of the best (top 5 if not top 3) QBs in the league right now. Favre is done.

Anyone who disagrees is just showing their ignorance or hate.

Hey look Rodgers is even a bigger douche than Favre now too.

So football players need to be willing to pause and sign an autograph or two from time to time. Especially when the person seeking the autograph is female, is wearing copious amounts of NFL-licensed pink apparel, and has very short gray hair.

There's a pretty good chance that any person fitting that description is a cancer patient. And if the NFL is going to allow the official uniform to be infiltrated by pink patches and gloves and cleats and stripes every October, high-profile NFL players need to be willing to stop and sign an autograph for someone who fits the profile of a person who is in the fight of her life.

WBAY-TV has the video evidence. Watch Rodgers breeze by Jan Cavanaugh, refusing even to acknowledge her existence. (The good news is that linebacker Clay Matthews treated her with warmth and respect.)

Hey, it's a free country. Rodgers has an inalienable right to choose to behave like an ass. And the rest of us have an inalienable right to tell anyone who'll listen that he's behaving like an ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62-zJzB-chA

Yeah - that's it, douchenozzle: A-Rod intentionally focked over a cancer victim. :rolleyes:

I know who the d0uchebag in this thread is, and it ain't Rodgers, fockhead.

Lemme tell you something: I know Rodgers personally. You will not find a nicer guy in the NFL, period. So you can take your loser whiny biatch a$$, and shove it.

Yeah - that's it, douchenozzle: A-Rod intentionally focked over a cancer victim. :rolleyes:

I know who the d0uchebag in this thread is, and it ain't Rodgers, fockhead.

Lemme tell you something: I know Rodgers personally. You will not find a nicer guy in the NFL, period. So you can take your loser whiny biatch a$, and shove it.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well this post proves either you or Rodgers is definitely a huge douche. :lock:

:lol::lol::lol:

Well this post proves either you or Rodgers is definitely a huge douche. :lock:

Just how the fock does it do that, jackwagon?

Just how the fock does it do that, jackwagon?

Well either Rodgers is actually buddies with a fool like you and hates cancer patients.............. making him a douche without question.

Or because you sold him a Big Mac once you're sad and pathetic enough to claim you know Rodgers personally. :clap:

Well either Rodgers is actually buddies with a fool like you and hates cancer patients.............. making him a douche without question.

Or because you sold him a Big Mac once you're sad and pathetic enough to claim you know Rodgers personally. :clap:

Or you're a clueless fock.

I go with that one.

Or you're a clueless fock.

I go with that one.

Well enlighten me then. How do you know Rodgers personally?

And how didn't he blow off the chick in the video?

This is exactly why I would hate to be famous. You could sign 1000 autographs one day, and the next day any one fan you pass up is a chance for someone to think you're a jerk.