Sign in to follow this  
G-in O-town

Cutler

The first half is not even over yet and he has over 200yds and a TD w/o Marshall. What do ya think, is he going to make the leap especially when Marshall get's back next week?

The first half is not even over yet and he has over 200yds and a TD w/o Marshall. What do ya think, is he going to make the leap especially when Marshall get's back next week?

The Raiders dude... The Raiders... Let's not jump off the bridge quiet yet.

I sure hope so. I took a chance and drafted him and only him on my squad this year and even though it looks like I will lose my first games it sure isn't because of the quarterback position. I like him a lot and think he looks good. Not to mention the raiders secondary is not half bad.

I'm platooning him with DA.. may the best guy & schedule win out.. but he better not scramble without sliding like that.. he was very nearly firewood like Tom Terrific on that play. :rolleyes:

Cutler is the real deal. Yes I drafted him as my starting QB in one league. The Broncos running game looks like garbage, so hopefully Cutler will get to throw a ton this year...to be determined...

Eddie Royal and Scheffler and Brandon Marshall should be more than enough options for Cutler to make a significant increase in performance this year.

He's doing quite well, considering the Raiders have had one of the better pass defense over at least the past 2 seasons.

We certainly have high hopes for him this season here in Denver. Watching preseason I was thinking this year was going to be different, the run game isn't what it used to be, but Cutler and the passing game is definitely something to watch for this year. It'll be much more interesting to see how they do against the Chargers next week.

A lot of sites had him as a breakout this year. Keep in mind the Raiders have a pretty good pass defense...although, I still feel that is largely skewed because their run defense sucks. How about Eddie Royal? Looks pretty good for a rook.

Why would I be jumping off the bridge, heck I'd be climbing to get on it.

Check your QB roster and you have Marshall too

At the combine I said Royal would be a very good WR in this league. Too bad I didn't make a thread and claim it then so I could bump now and look smart. At least I look smart to like 3 of my friends. Wooo Hooo!!!

got cutler in my main league as my starter but i benched him this week because no marshall (won anyways)

he is looking good.

got marshall in another league and i cant wait to start him. :nono:

A lot of sites had him as a breakout this year. Keep in mind the Raiders have a pretty good pass defense...although, I still feel that is largely skewed because their run defense sucks. How about Eddie Royal? Looks pretty good for a rook.

I agree it's skewed by the run defense sucking & coaches electing to run more. A good way to evaluate their passing defense is defensive passing YPA ... in which they were 29th last year. So I think it's safe to say that their pass defense sucks too.

Don't forget that most teams playing Oakland last year probably spent the majority of the 4rth quarter handing off to the backup rb's to skew the run/pass distribution a bit more too :nono:

It's evident to me that DEN is becoming a pass first team. AS a Cutler owner I am happy about it...but I am also a Romo owner. Now I wonder if Cutler is a sell high as I do need help at RB and TE.

i drafted Cutler in the 4th round of my 14 teamer and people laughed, I skipped Carson Palmer and Derek Anderson. :pointstosky:

He's my starter in one league and my backup to P. Manning in another. I also have Royal in two leagues and benched him in both which cost me :doh:

For this week Royal WILL be in :overhead: Glad Marshall will be back to take the double coverage leaving Royal to catch passes all day :music_guitarred:

I wonder how the TN coaches feel about Cultler now. Tn could be a superbowl team with a qb like Cutler.

I have him and Favre in one of my leagues. Started Favre this week but that will change very quickly! :wall:

Those with CC/DB didn't sleep on him. I nabbed him late in 3 leagues, despite the fact that he was the #5 QB or so in various scoring formats. Trust the Compiler!

The Brady owner in one of my leagues had three Qb's, including Cutler. He cut Cutler prior to kickoff. I swooped, then, down goes Brady. He has to be hating life about now.

:wall:

Also, in another of my leagues, some moron cut Marshall outright! He's on a team where he's more appreciated now!

:wall:

I have him and Favre in one of my leagues. Started Favre this week but that will change very quickly! :wall:

Took Cutler in the 5th of a new dynasty league and Farve in the 17th as a backup. :wall:

Man, the guy has a rocket arm and made very good decisions with pass placement putting the ball where only his reciever could get it. I'm very happy with him as my starter - got him in the 8th.

I said it before the season started that Cutler is the next great QB. I took him in the 7th in my $$$ league as the 9th QB taken overall. Backed him up with Rivers. Both exploded this past week, but I had Cutler sitting because of the bad matchup he had against the oakland passing d.

Oh, and I also pulled Eddie Royal in my dynasty league...that kid was absolutely eating up the entire secondary. :lol:

Those with CC/DB didn't sleep on him. I nabbed him late in 3 leagues, despite the fact that he was the #5 QB or so in various scoring formats. Trust the Compiler!

Well....so was Kitna last year and look how that turned out...

Took Cutler in the 5th of a new dynasty league and Farve in the 17th as a backup. :thumbsdown:

I was gonna say "reach" until I realized the "dynasty" part...that's a good buy right there Kutulu. :dunno:

I wonder how the TN coaches feel about Cultler now. Tn could be a superbowl team with a qb like Cutler.

The Titans coaches wanted Leinart or Cutler it was the GM who took Young. Chow definately wanted Leinart.......it's been said Fisher did too but he raved about Cutler to his buddy Shanny so maybe that was really his guy. :mad:

In my main $$ league (a 12 team redraft), I took Cutler @ 6.03. He was the first QB I drafted. I knew I reached for him according to ADP, but I felt like I needed to, and I really had high hopes for him coming into the season. I also got Schaub later, and both have the same BYE so I'll need to address that prior to week 8. Started Schaub week 1 (still won) since Culter was w/out Marshall, and Oak secondary really is no joke. Jay will be in my starting lineup going forward.

I sure hope so. I took a chance and drafted him and only him on my squad this year and even though it looks like I will lose my first games it sure isn't because of the quarterback position. I like him a lot and think he looks good. Not to mention the raiders secondary is not half bad.

Agreed. I waited until late to draft a QB in my money league, and I rolled the dice with Cutler. As I said in another thread, if Royal is for real we could very well see the new Rod Smith-Ed McCaffery combo in Marshall-Royal in Denver, which could easily translate to 30+ td for Cutler. :mad:

I don't want to sound like that guy, but:

How could Jay Cutler be under the radar at this point? Heck, he was top 12 last year. I'll grant that I'm a Denver fan, but still, if you're in FF, I'd think you'd have to know this guy is a gamer. Moreover, he's got a crappy D, which hopefully means more passing yards. The big knock I have on him is the red zone. Absolutely awful there last year. Brandon Marshall - if you do the reasearch - doesn't exactly have the best hands. We did a thread on that in the pre-season. I think he leads (or was at last top 3) in drops. I look for Cutler to - entering his third year - radically improve in the red zone. Marshall may have been his favorite target, but after having time to work with the other guys, I think we'll see more distribution this year. Plus, they get to play OAK and KC twice. :overhead:

I'm sure we all feel brilliant for snagging the guy late.. i mean a lot've owners just can't commit to the new breed until they see something with their own eyes (e.g. The guy that drafted Hass giving me sh*t about my drafting him :rolleyes: ). I'm sure there will be a few bumps in the road.. this week against SD being a big test.

The major beauty of Cutler is the schedule.. one of the major reasons (along with the cannon arm and weaponry) he was such a consensus breakout candidate for the year.

See schedule below.. other than that rough stretch with the Bucs, Jags & Pats.. it's cream puff city. His last two playoff games in most formats are prob. not easy at Carolina and home against an improved Bills D.. but that's really putting the cart ahead of the Bronco (sorry, couldn't help it).

1 Oakland W 41-14

2 San Diego

3 New Orleans

4 at Kansas City

5 Tampa Bay

6 Jacksonville

7 at New England

8 bye

9 Miami

10 at Cleveland

11 at Atlanta 1:00 pm

12 Oakland 4:05 pm

13 at NY Jets 1:00 pm

14 Kansas City

15 at Carolina

16 Buffalo

17 at San Diego

i believe the diabetic diagnosis and treatment are really going to benefit him this year

nabbed him in my 12-man where thye penalize for sacks against and INTs. Hapy to see neither of thsoe as well yesterday :wave:

Nope. Drafted him as my #1 in two leagues, though I started Garcia over him in one of them. I got my arse handed to me in that game anyway--I could have started both Garcia AND Cutler and still lost.

I had him targeted but missed out on him by 3 picks ( I took Favre).

From a gambling standpoint, he cost me a lot of money (shame on me for ever putting money on the Raiders)

From a fantasy standpoint, and a Marshall owner, I am VERY excited to be starting a 3 pronged WR attack of Marshall, Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson.

Man, the guy has a rocket arm and made very good decisions with pass placement putting the ball where only his reciever could get it. I'm very happy with him as my starter - got him in the 8th.

same here. Got him in the 8th. He was my 1st QB and starter. I was crossing my fingers that he wouldn't be taken. The feeling I got from everyone was that he would still be there for me, that's why I was loading up on other talent instead. Then with my 8th rd pick, I confidently chose Cutler. Looking to be the steal of the draft. I have Royal as well, and Marshall was the pick right before mine in the 4th, so I was pissed!!

i knew exactly where to target him and grabbed him as my backup to big ben

i knew exactly where to target him and grabbed him as my backup to big ben

I thought he was good last year when I grabbed him and the moment he was diagnosed and on the mend, I had high hopes for a big bounceback year this year. Got him on the cheap to back up my starter, Ben Roth, too.

Now, looking at their respective schedules... I have to wonder if I won't be wondering who to start any given week, though... it's nice not to be a Brady owner and have the situation I have.

I'm thin at RB with MJD, Reggie Bush, and LenWhale, plus Mendenhall... and am having thoughts about using one or the other to extract a #1 RB.

I have him and Delhomme as my QBs, solid but not spectacular. I do think Cutler will finish as a Top 10 QB, maybe even Top 5.

However, it was tough to take the loss this week when he took a knee three times to end the game and his rushing yards went from 12 to 9, thereby eliminating one point from his rushing stats and dropping me from a tie to a loss. A loss due to a kneel down is tough to swallow.

9 Miami

10 at Cleveland

11 at Atlanta 1:00 pm

12 Oakland 4:05 pm

13 at NY Jets 1:00 pm

14 Kansas City

That stretch is a thing of beauty and comes at the perfect time. :overhead: