Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Let's Talk Week 5 Waiver Wire

if you lost this week like me, you're probably atop your waiver wire and looking for some waiver wire love.

is anyone worth snatching up?

What about Lance Moore? I am pretty sure he will be available in most leagues. This is the 2nd week in a row, that he has solid numbers. Even after Colston returns (if he does) does Moore remain a decent #2 for N.O.?

What about Lance Moore? I am pretty sure he will be available in most leagues. This is the 2nd week in a row, that he has solid numbers. Even after Colston returns (if he does) does Moore remain a decent #2 for N.O.?

Yeah Lance Moore and Meachem are both good WR options if still available.

A lot of people dropped Mia TE Anthony Fasano after his week 2 doughnut but he's got a great matchup this week vs. San Diego.

Think he's a good pickup for now, but have to remember they're missing both Shockey and Colston along with Patten not being 100%. Moore was getting more looks than Meachem before and that should continue.

Think he's a good pickup for now, but have to remember they're missing both Shockey and Colston along with Patten not being 100%. Moore was getting more looks than Meachem before and that should continue.

Lance Moore. He was getting the looks even before this week.

Steve Breaston as a bye week fill in.

Matt Jones.

Mushi if hes out there.

Fasano, Engram, Prater...

Lance Moore. He was getting the looks even before this week.

Steve Breaston as a bye week fill in.

Matt Jones.

Mushi if hes out there.

Fasano, Engram, Prater...

I like Engram over Branch at least short term , Moore over meachem especially in PPR , Duce if he's there , Tampa D , And K.Curtis to get a jump on a few owners. . . . .

do we know fwp is out for sure next week? i like Moore in new orleans for sure i think even when colston comes back he will still see passes come his way since shockey wont be back till week 10....... I like Breaston in arizona for a short term answer he will see passes if Boldin cant go........ i also like the idea of picking up Curtis now as well he has started to practice so he will be back soon..... branch and engram both will have value since they will be the best options for hasselbeck.......mcclain if he is still free is not a bad stop gap play either......also dont forget Henry comes back and this may be a tough week for Palmer but may not be a bad pick up now since palmer seems lost without him in there

If you're looking for a WR to play as a week 5 fill in, I STRONGLY recommend D Hixon who will gte the start in Burress' place.

Toomer is still available, you think Hixon's a better pickup than Toomer?

Also Kevin Walters, he seemed to be Schaub's fav target on Sunday.

If you're looking for a WR to play as a week 5 fill in, I STRONGLY recommend D Hixon who will gte the start in Burress' place.

Is it Hixon?

I didn't know if it would be him, Tyree, or Sinorice Moss on the other side?

Toomer, Gage, Breaston and Matt Jones are all available. Who's best to pick up?

By far Toomer

Is it Hixon?

I didn't know if it would be him, Tyree, or Sinorice Moss on the other side?

Hixon is replacing Burress but I think the better play is Smith in the slot. He is ready to breakout and will get a lot of looks.

A lot of people dropped Mia TE Anthony Fasano after his week 2 doughnut but he's got a great matchup this week vs. San Diego.

:lol:

I'm trying to pick him up this week for a one-week play.

In the league I NEED a WR desperately this week, I'm looking at these guys in this order:

Chris Henry - he's back this week and will put up good #'s if he can stay out of trouble

Steve Breaston - I might move him down depending on Boldin's status

Deoin Branch - little worried that he is healthy, but if so he'll put up good #'s

Donnie Avery - thought he looked good in first start, getting Bulger back in should help. Problem is he's got a bye this week so not too much help for me there!

Toomer (Plax is out) or Smith.

Hixon is starting in place of Plexiglass

would Hixon be a better option? I have Bolden who may be out this week.

Here's what I have, in order (mind you I have TE issues) (dropping Mendenhall and Scaife:

Meachem

Branch

Fargas

M. Bush

Dallas Clark

John Carlson

D. Keller

Breaston (I think Breaston could be a great WR if given the chance, I just think he will go back to his old role when Anquan's healthy and it sounds like he 'mostly' is; if Boldin was out for a long period Breaston would be at the top of this list)

Toomer

Gage

I have Bolden who may be out cold this week.

repaired

Hixon is supposed to be in plax spot but i agree that either toomer or smith will benefit i think toomer because he seems to be reliable for manning...... as far as breaston he should be solid for this week but not worth much after this week unless Boldin remains on the sideline for extended period. mcclain is a solid pick up for running back he will get carries every week i think he has shown that they can use him on a regular basis so might of become a rbbc in baltimore. orton as a bywe week player this week would be solid as well.

In the league I NEED a WR desperately this week, I'm looking at these guys in this order:

Chris Henry - he's back this week and will put up good #'s if he can stay out of trouble

Steve Breaston - I might move him down depending on Boldin's status

Deoin Branch - little worried that he is healthy, but if so he'll put up good #'s

Donnie Avery - thought he looked good in first start, getting Bulger back in should help. Problem is he's got a bye this week so not too much help for me there!

Henry will not play in week 5. The NFL granted the Bengals a one week roster exemption so it is highly unlikely he plays this week. Also he has yet to practice with the team.

Henry will not play in week 5. The NFL granted the Bengals a one week roster exemption so it is highly unlikely he plays this week. Also he has yet to practice with the team.

yeah, I read that too about 20 minutes ago. I'm still going to nab him for week 6 and beyond though as he's about the best option out there.

It's true they got the exemption, but according to the Dayton Daily News, Henry will play on Sunday.

Pacman covering Henry :rolleyes:

I came in here to post that.

Guy in my league dropped him for some injury replacements...perfect timing for me with Winslow on a bye this week.

Najeh Davenpoop

I picked him up before the bye week because of an article I read about him. The Dolphins realized they made a mistake not using him week 2. They are going to use him more in spread formations and even with his 0 game in week 2 he is the 2nd leading receiver. Parcell drafted him in Dallas then traded for him when he became the GM so you know he will be used or the coach will be fired LOL. He is a keeper and not just a bye week guy. A guy offered me Chad Johnson for him this week straight up. I said no only because I already have Marshall, Wayne, Moss, Megatron, L Coles and Meacham.

both Deuce and Moore are out there in my league. I could use either as a "flex payer". Which one is going to have the most long term value for the rest of the season?

I say NYG Steve Smith out performs Hixon...just a hunch.

bulger was dropped and available in my league. he's on bye this week so you might want to see if he's available in your league. maybe the rams will get it together during the bye week under a new head coach and back with the familiar qb.

also, possibly:

bobby engram

cedric benson (now with bengals)

I picked him up before the bye week because of an article I read about him. The Dolphins realized they made a mistake not using him week 2. They are going to use him more in spread formations and even with his 0 game in week 2 he is the 2nd leading receiver. Parcell drafted him in Dallas then traded for him when he became the GM so you know he will be used or the coach will be fired LOL. He is a keeper and not just a bye week guy. A guy offered me Chad Johnson for him this week straight up. I said no only because I already have Marshall, Wayne, Moss, Megatron, L Coles and Meacham.

Are 8 team leagues really that much fun?!

Are 8 team leagues really that much fun?!

1. Could be a keeper league.

2. Could have drafted 4 WRs in a row

rd1. Moss

rd2. Wayne

rd3. Marshall

rd4. Johnson