Sign in to follow this  
How can we get more people here?

Yes, I'm still monitoring. Thanks for you thoughts, however a Pron board probably isn't going to happen anytime soon. :lol:

What about herion instead? :thumbsup:

I'm sorry, I lost track. Did we ever get an answer on why y'all don't monitor IP addresses and weed out the eggregious alias users??

Bump

Very good question and very easy to do.

Mike?

Bump

Very good question and very easy to do.

Mike?

Why do you care? :lol:

Hold on a second guys. I appreciate all of your feedback and thoughts about downtime, promotion, etc. but what I'm really looking for is your thoughts and opinions about moderation/rules and how it relates to posty's question.

Do you think, in the long run, more people would post here and the community would be a better place with increased moderation and/or stricter rules?

Fock no... do NOT moderate this place any further, that's what make this place different from the rest. FBG's has a bunch of nazi's running around banning people left, right and center.

This place will be aighttttttt.... too much political crap but what ya gonna do :shocking:

Also, how bout displaying the geek club right under the mange bored when you're on the forums page. You have scroll down about 2 pages worth of crapass boreds to even see the geek club.

:shocking: :unsure:

I have been coming here a long time. FFtoday was my must stop daily web page for a long time. Now, not so much. The original question asked was how can we get more people here. I believe CBfalcon had the perfect answer

-

The Geek Club should always be the second forum listed, and the forums should be more predominant on the main page.

Having the Geek Club listed below the league threads could cause people to miss out on the geek club. Many moons ago I stumbled upon FFtoday looking for fantasy football insight. I was on the main forearm and kept reading these post about Geek board versus Main Board. I believe there was a league created that pitted the Main board versus the geek board. That is how I started coming over to the Geek Club. The back and forth bantering was wickedly funny (obviously no one presently here was involved). I stayed due to the openess of the forum. (little moderation). I don't know if new people even know about the Geek Club due to the location of the link.

I do not believe more moderation is necessary. I personally hate political threads but I just choose to not open them. I believe more moderation will ruin THIS board forever. I will also admit that people like Dallas Empire makes the main board hard to take. I don't mind homerism but the name calling and personal attacks belong here and not there. If moderation is needed then do it on the main forum but leave the Geek Club as a free for all.

Geebis Krispe Kreem you people are a bunch of whiney beetches.

Just shut the fock up and post.

The board is a living, breathing, ever-evolving thing, and it is what it is when it is. I've been here longer than most of you and understand. All these ideas, rules, moderator suggestions, whatever, does nothing to move the sticks. SHUT UP.

Just do what you do and keep going.

Damn.

:shocking:

Geebis Krispe Kreem you people are a bunch of whiney beetches.

Just shut the fock up and post.

The board is a living, breathing, ever-evolving thing, and it is what it is when it is. I've been here longer than most of you and understand. All these ideas, rules, moderator suggestions, whatever, does nothing to move the sticks. SHUT UP.

Just do what you do and keep going.

Damn.

:rolleyes:

So why don't you grace these boreds as frequently anymore Rustor?

Mike FF Today broke up with me.

I got the cat and ficas plant, but ... well ... :rolleyes:

I do. Just lost my old password for awhile.

ETA: oops. :rolleyes:

Why can't we post pics right in the threads... the whole posting links is the suxor.

Other forearms have them, makes for some much better hilarity :pointstosky:

Pictures.

we need the ability to post pictures right in the threads.

This place will go down faster than MDC at a drive in theatre, if pictures are allowed in threads.

• I like the picture idea....as long as it doesnt get too cluttered and people don't post tubgirl pics in a thread. Alot of us read this crap at work
  • I don't like the idea of splitting the geek club into a political and non-political board. I like going to one board for my entertainment, surfing the rest of the internet, and just clicking refresh on the FFT page to see if anything new is going on.
  • Why would anybody want this place moderated more? This is about the only thing that would make me stop coming here.
  • I'm all for getting rid of the alias problem. I still dont see the need for an alias....like whats the point?

• I'm all for getting rid of the alias problem. I still dont see the need for an alias....like whats the point?

Public Alias Outings would be entertaining.

one per day or one per week (or something).

I love it. :unsure:

BTW, I'm pretty sure this thread marks the official death of a dying board. It reeks of desperation. And, like Phillybear the cool kids can smell desperation a mile away.

Better yet, is there anyone who would be against an alias outing? Mike can surely post any 'members' who happen to share the same IP address. I would love to see who's who, and then I'd ask them WTF they bothered> Were they too afraid to post under an already-fake name?

Obviously, if a name was created to try to be funny (Terry Shaivo, etc) that's different, but otherwise, ity just reaks of lameness.

Any who would object are obviously teh ones sporting a bunch of different names.

I think the aliai maintain the perception of higher traffic for Mike's advertisers. :dunno:

I think the aliai maintain the perception of higher traffic for Mike's advertisers. :banana:

Said this a long time ago.

I'm guessing silence means acceptance. :dunno: