Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

5 places I believe TO might go

Indy. Peyton has always wanted an Athletic freak at WR and TO while older still fits that mold. The team has Veteran Leadership and Peyton is one person TO actually might listen to an respect.

NY Jets - They need a playmaker badly if for nothing else to open up the running game. Jets were close to making it last season thing is they really have noone that can reign TO in and conttrol him or at least keep it minimal. Money would have to be right here

Pittsburgh - They have a solid veteran structure and a team philosophy - If TO would be willing to play for the league minimum for a chance at a ring he would really solidify their offense.

Chicago - Have nothing in terms of a WR and woukld take a chance - thing is Bears aren't really a true playoff contender and TO would look for top money.

San Francisco - back to his first team -- they have nothing at WR but also have no chance at playoffs. he would want great money BUT Singletary might actualkly be able to handle him..

My thought is he offers to play for Indianapolis for next to nothing and he ends up in Indy starting and having agreat season.

MINNESOTA

Childress has already had to deal with nuTjOb. He won't do it again.

I think OAK is the only place he could play. TO has proven he's a team wrecker. No right minded GM/NFL head coach would sign the guy. Forget about stern head coaches and a veteran locker room. I mean if freakin' Parcells couldn't control the guy how will any other coach?

Having said all that, the game changes if he doesn't latch on somewhere by training camp. Invariably a WR will be lost to injury and TO, if still available, would be an attractive possibility. But that's still like 5 months away.

Childress has already had to deal with nuTjOb. He won't do it again.

I think OAK is the only place he could play. TO has proven he's a team wrecker. No right minded GM/NFL head coach would sign the guy. Forget about stern head coaches and a veteran locker room. I mean if freakin' Parcells couldn't control the guy how will any other coach?

Having said all that, the game changes if he doesn't latch on somewhere by training camp. Invariably a WR will be lost to injury and TO, if still available, would be an attractive possibility. But that's still like 5 months away.

Someone better tell Chili Pepper that we need to win now. We haven't done anything to improve our team. We've actually lost a key member and added next to nothing. Childress is coaching for his job, and TO might be a way for us to make a splash and compete. I'm not saying toss a bunch of money at him. I'm saying sign him to a deal full of incentives and if he mouths off get rid of him. Personally I'm sick of watching us sit on our hands this offseason. After all, whats the worst that could actually happen if we did sign him? We miss the playoffs? Thats happened to us 3 of the last 4 years anyways. Best case, we get one of the most talented WR's of all time.

Someone better tell Chili Pepper that we need to win now. We haven't done anything to improve our team. We've actually lost a key member and added next to nothing. Childress is coaching for his job, and TO might be a way for us to make a splash and compete. I'm not saying toss a bunch of money at him. I'm saying sign him to a deal full of incentives and if he mouths off get rid of him. Personally I'm sick of watching us sit on our hands this offseason. After all, whats the worst that could actually happen if we did sign him? We miss the playoffs? Thats happened to us 3 of the last 4 years anyways. Best case, we get one of the most talented WR's of all time.

I'd rather they go after Holt, if/when he's available.

I don't see the need to sign a big name just to say you signed a big name. The fact is the Vikings have to address RT, secondary depth. There's still some decent talent in FA that can sure up these areas. And why would you sign TO, of all WRs, when your QB isn't all that great? Makes no sense. I mean the guy was such a b!tch with Garcia...in his prime....McNabb and Romo.....all of whom >>>>>>Rosenfels.

Also, this has been called a very good WR class. Losing Birk hurts because it'll mean they'll need to spend a high draft pick on Mack/Unger.....unless Sullivan is ready to step in right away (ND linemen usually make decent pros). Depending on how the draft shakes out, they may be able to take Maclin/Harvin/Nicks in round 1. I'd take any of those guys over TO.

NY Jets - They need a playmaker badly if for nothing else to open up the running game. Jets were close to making it last season thing is they really have noone that can reign TO in and conttrol him or at least keep it minimal. Money would have to be right here

no way the Jets make a move for another aging vet after the Favre debacle... TO in new york with no QB doesn't sound good to me.

I don't think a new regime wants to take a chance on TO at this point.

If you guys got TO, I can guarantee you'll have wasted this window. The guy is 35(!)...he just doesn't get it...he never will. I can't even fathom how he would handle Sage or Travarious at QB.

If the Vikings were going to make a ballsy move, they should have gotten Cassel. Cutler, could make up for that. You're much better off with Holt.

San Francisco - back to his first team -- they have nothing at WR but also have no chance at playoffs. he would want great money BUT Singletary might actualkly be able to handle him..

My thought is he offers to play for Indianapolis for next to nothing and he ends up in Indy starting and having agreat season.

Isn't San Francisco already on record as saying they're not interested? :bandana:

Pittsburgh - They have a solid veteran structure and a team philosophy - If TO would be willing to play for the league minimum for a chance at a ring he would really solidify their offense.

Pittsburgh is probably the LAST team in the league that would sign T.O. The organization has been predicated on a "team first, no one player is greater than the sum of its parts" mentality. The last thing the Super Bowl champions would do is sign a clubhouse cancer who could disrupt the chemistry that they have. The last prima-donna wideout they had was jettisoned as he was entering his prime (Plaxiglass)---why on Earth would they risk adding that same type of team pariah, especially given that Owens is on the downside of his career.

I know you were probably trying to include five teams that have not really been "on the radar" as much and I think your inclusion of Indy and Chicago are spot on...But, in the end, I see Oakland or Washington being his final resting spots, since those two owners might be the only ones left to risk imploding the team on the off-chance that Owens behaves himself and puts up a quality season.

I heard on Mike & Mike this morning that someone polled the NFL GMS and the only team that did come right out and say they did NOT want him was Oakland. So therefore maybe TO becomes a Raider.

The talk of Chicago and Minny is funny. While scary for an opponent at times...funny thinking about how TO would just destroy Orton or Sage.

The guy has had issues with 3 QBs that are better than those two...and there is no way Peyton Manning would put up with it. He would cry like a little biotch til TO was released.

Isn't San Francisco already on record as saying they're not interested? :banana:

yes.

Teams on record as not wanting T.O. - per profootballtalk

Dallas Cowboys

New York Giants

Washington Redskins

Miami Dolphins

Cleveland Browns

San Franciso 49ers

New York Jets

St. Louis Rams

Philadelphia Eagles

San Diego Chargers (not official)

Tennesse Titans

New Orleans Saints

Jacksonville Jaguars

Washington Redskins

Atlanta Falcons

Minnesota Vikings

Baltimore Ravens

When he goes into the Hall of Fame what team does he go in as? :banana:

When he goes into the Hall of Fame what team does he go in as? :banana:

I have always thought that he might not actually make it in, but a good question. :(

As far as Indy, I would rather they sign Holt than TO, but I don't think Manning would want what TO might bring to the team. There are only a few QB's left in the league that TO would have nothing to say about, but none of them would want him. Brady, Manning, Brees are the ones I can think of right now. Even with his talent, which at his age I believe he has, he just is a risk in the locker room.

Than again, maybe this will be the time he learns that his attitude is the issue, not the other people around him.

The 1 QB I think he could play for and STFU an just do his JOb would be Manning. He has never played with a true HOF QB and manning could help him get a ring and I think if TO called Peyton rigth now and laid it out he would STFU and do his job an thats it Peyton would LOVE to have TO. ###### TO, Wayne , with Gonz in slot and Clark at TE He would have the best weapons of any QB in the league - or at least tied with Warner.

Manning is all about winning an if he thinks TO will help that I doubt he puts up a fight actually might lobby for him..

My prediction is Terrell goes to Indy.

Denver w/ Cutler :banana: Young cocky gunslinger.....Not sure if the new coach would put up with him though.

I would be very hard pressed for the Steelers to add him.

Steelers usually don't make big splashes in FA, and stated above, They don't tolerate attitudes as his(Plex)

The 1 QB I think he could play for and STFU an just do his JOb would be Manning. He has never played with a true HOF QB and manning could help him get a ring and I think if TO called Peyton rigth now and laid it out he would STFU and do his job an thats it Peyton would LOVE to have TO. ###### TO, Wayne , with Gonz in slot and Clark at TE He would have the best weapons of any QB in the league - or at least tied with Warner.

Manning is all about winning an if he thinks TO will help that I doubt he puts up a fight actually might lobby for him..

Sticking a brand new first time NFL head coach with TO to deal with is not something the Colts franchise would ever do.

but TO is NOT a winner.

but TO is NOT a winner.

TO had 8 games last year where he was under 40 yards receiving.

Clearly it's an indication of diminishing skills. Why someone would want to have that AND the "me first" attitude is beyond me. :doublethumbsup:

yes.

Teams on record as not wanting T.O. - per profootballtalk

San Diego Chargers

I think that is bull that the Chargers do not want him, they absolutely would take this risk to try to get LT a title before he retires and Rivers could probably handle TO's attitude and give it right back to him.

TO had 8 games last year where he was under 40 yards receiving.

Clearly it's an indication of diminishing skills. Why someone would want to have that AND the "me first" attitude is beyond me. :doublethumbsup:

No, it's clearly a conspiracy between Witten and Romo. :dunno:

I think that is bull that the Chargers do not want him, they absolutely would take this risk to try to get LT a title before he retires and Rivers could probably handle TO's attitude and give it right back to him.

I looked some more and here is what pft says:

CHARGERS PASSING ON T.O., TOO?

Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2009, 3:32 p.m. EST

Though it’s not an official statement from the team and it doesn’t really cite any sources, we’re willing to regard the proclamation from Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune regarding the Chargers’ lack of interest in receiver Terrell Owens as sufficiently informed to allow us to add the team to the Anti-T.O. list.

Writes Acee: “While rumors fly about where Terrell Owens will land next, rest assured he will play for the Eagles again before he plays in San Diego on a team put together by A.J. Smith.”

And they got it from this link:

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/cha.../05/no-and-roy/

So San Diego has not officially stated that they are not interested in T.O.

God I hope Dan Snyder gets greedy and goes after Owens...

Bring him to DC...

Indy would be among the last places i think he'll go.

1. Nobody controls TO, Manning included. Everyone thinks this time will be different but it never is.

2. Colts have no money and if you think TO plays for the vet minimum you're fooling yourself. They have 2.8 million dollars with 2 million of that earmarked for rookies.

3. When was the last time the Colts ever signed a big name free agent?

4. Colts are one of the chief teams who demand good locker room character

5. They didnt pursue any of the free agent WRs available this year

Than again, maybe this will be the time he learns that his attitude is the issue, not the other people around him.

I'm having deja vu.

Well he is going to land somewhere. One of you deep thinkers will get this right. I like the Indy option myself.

TITANS ACTUALLY IN THE MIX FOR T.O.?

Our friends at KSK (via our friends at Deadspin) have caught wind of a rumor that receiver Terrell Owens was spotted at the airport in Nashville this morning, with agent Drew Rosenhaus.

Presumably, the purpose of such a trip would be to meet with the Titans.

That said, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reported on Thursday that the Titans aren’t interested in Terrell Owens.

But, as we’ve recently mentioned (primarily in an effort to cover our asses as to the potential inaccuracy of the Anti-T.O. List), teams could be suggesting publicly or privately that they don’t want Owens merely to soften up his salary expectations.

~pft.com

After all, whats the worst that could actually happen if we did sign him? We miss the playoffs? Thats happened to us 3 of the last 4 years anyways.

He ruins the team chemistry long term, but improves the team just enough this year that Childress gets signed to an extension.

Remember when Dillon and Moss weren't winners either? :first:

~pft.com

I would be excited like he!! -- I'll route for his azzs until it's time to get rid of him :first:

The Titans make a lot of sense. Fisher has complete control of that team and TO went to college in the state of Tennessee.

I don't think TO could wreck that team.

Chris Mortenson (so take it with a grain of salt) reports that he has confirmed that every team in the league has said they have no interest in Terrell Owens, except for the Oakland Raiders and the San Franciso 49ers. - per ESPN Sportscenter

Steve Young?

Chris Mortenson (so take it with a grain of salt) reports that he has confirmed that every team in the league has said they have no interest in Terrell Owens, except for the Oakland Raiders and the San Franciso 49ers. - per ESPN Sportscenter

This isn't directed at you, just using your post.

This "teams who dont want TO" crap is ridiculous. I can't beleive they actually have graphics of this on sportscenter. This is why i never watch ESPN anymore. Nothing more than stories blown completely out of proportion with way too much speculation....kinda like all 'news' channels i guess

Washington, Oakland and mayyyyyyyyyybe Denver are the only teams I can see taking a stab.

While I think Denver is a super long shot, it would be worth it to watch Schlereth's head explode on tv.

No one has ever thought about Greenbay. I think Minn. would be the best fit, but why not the Packers?

why isnt anyone saying NE?.....

why not gb? the people here had a hissy fit when brett tried to talk TT into Moss...fans here are way too concerned about how the player acts...though they didnt mind hornung..rison...eugene...tim harris etc.....

agreed on the abortion that espn has become...i want tsn on my tv... :doublethumbsup:

The Packers, Broncos, and Patriots don't need a receiver. All of them already have two quality starters.