Sign in to follow this  
heavy-set

The New Dallas Cowboys stadium

then again, the suite is 800k

:thumbsup:

It costs $800,000 per year to lease one of those luxury suites, a hefty sum that doesn't include game tickets.

There has gotta be a blow job with that pizza right?

:thumbsup:

I was in Dallas last week and drove by the old stadium in Irving for the first time. That place is a fawking dump! How did Americas Team play there for so long? Fawking garbage dump of a stadium!

there's no excuse for such prices. if the salary cap is 100M then each team gets 100M from the league. after paying for

travel and coaches and facilities and such, everything else is profit. owners do have to spend out of pocket for large

signing bonuses, but again they get that right back from the league too.

course everyone will go into the stadium like this

I was in Dallas last week and drove by the old stadium in Irving for the first time. That place is a fawking dump! How did Americas Team play there for so long? Fawking garbage dump of a stadium!

perfect fit

I literally drive right in front of the stadium every day. it is truly amazing and very cool looking....but i'm not planning on making it to many cowboys games at those prices - that's just ridiculous....one of the really funny things about the stadium is - right xross the street from the north part of the stadium, is a wal-mart. it's so funny - one side of the street is one of the most incredible architectural structures in the world - the other side of the street is that.

clowny did try and buy the wal-mart out - they said, no thanks. :mad:

I was in Dallas last week and drove by the old stadium in Irving for the first time. That place is a fawking dump!

by today's standards - agreed. but you have to remember, texas stadium is almost 38 years old. the facilities are terrible - but once inside, it's a pretty cool place to watch a game. :mad:

by today's standards - agreed. but you have to remember, texas stadium is almost 38 years old. the facilities are terrible - but once inside, it's a pretty cool place to watch a game. :doublethumbsup:

I am anti-Cowboys, but Texas Stadium is/was a nice place to watch a game. Saw a concert there too. Not the prettiest thing to look at, but good, saw 3 games and sat in different parts of the stadium and never thought I had a bad seat.

My buddy, huge cowboy fan, and another buddy, huge Raider fan, toured the new stadium, said it is unbelievable, the jumbo tron goes from one 20 yard line to the other 20 yard line. If people are going to pay for theses prices, can't really fault them for charging them.

:mad:

I remember hearing somewhere that an NFL owneris guaranteed to make a profit, based on the way the system is set up.

by today's standards - agreed. but you have to remember, texas stadium is almost 38 years old. the facilities are terrible - but once inside, it's a pretty cool place to watch a game. :rolleyes:

You know, I am sick of stadiums being considered disposable. 38 years is not old for a building. If it was well built in the first place, and properly maintained, it should last at least a century.

One of the few ways that college is better than NFL is the stadiums. Certain stadiums, like the Big House, Neyland Stadium, Happy Valley, The Horseshoe, The Swamp, Tiger Stadium, etc. are shrines. I live in Tennessee, and if they decided to destroy Neyland stadium and build a faggoty high tech stadium with skyboxes, there would be bloody insurection.

And you know what? There shouldn't be a focking TGI fridays in your stadium. You shouldn't have the option of focking catering. You should be damn happy to sit in a bleacher with 100,000 other die hards, and scream your head off. That is football. If you want comfort, stay the fock at home.

I lost a lot of respect for the Broncos and Steelers when they allowed Three Rivers and Mile High to be destroyed. The least the fockers could have done is kept the name with the new stadium.

By contrast, I give the Bears major props for renovating, rather than destroying, Soldier Field. That and Lambeau and Arrowhead are about the only three iconic pro stadiums left.

Fenway Park is nearing 100 years old..

unless you're a CBF, it's a great place to watch a game.

they have done a lot of renovations and made it as nice as they could.

green monsters seats are the best seats in baseball.

Who cares. If people pay it then it will stay at $90. If nobody buys it, the price will either come down or they will not offer pizza anymore. :rolleyes:

Ninety bucks for pizza? That's almost as much of a rip-off as Roy Williams.
:dunno:

on the other hand a twelve pack at a game for $60 ain't that bad :rolleyes:

can't anyone survive 3 hours without needing a pizza and 12 beers? At most when I go to a Tigers game I'll get

a 24oz diet pepsi for a few bucks and nurse it. you go out to eat before or after games

can't anyone survive 3 hours without needing a pizza and 12 beers? At most when I go to a Tigers game I'll get

a 24oz diet pepsi for a few bucks and nurse it. you go out to eat before or after games

When I go to fenway, or a concert, or wherever. I drink heavily before I go in, I at most get 3 beers and no food... it's usually not that bad.

The ninety bucks includes a fingerprint scan.

needing a pizza and 12 beers?

:wave:

I'll get

a 24oz diet pepsi for a few bucks and nurse it.

quit bein the ghye. :banana:

:pointstosky:

By contrast, I give the Bears major props for renovating, rather than destroying, Soldier Field. That and Lambeau and Arrowhead are about the only three iconic pro stadiums left.

I would add the Superdome.

I would add the Superdome.

I wouldn't.. When I think of "iconic" stadiums, the superdome doesn't come to mind at all. Arrowhead, Soldier, Lambeau..

The astrodome is an absolute dump, and that should be torn down.. They won't because it was the first.

I wouldn't.. When I think of "iconic" stadiums, the superdome doesn't come to mind at all. Arrowhead, Soldier, Lambeau..

The astrodome is an absolute dump, and that should be torn down.. They won't because it was the first.

All of the stadiums you mention are outdoor. It shows the bias toward indoor stadiums. Had the Saints been a better team, like the ones you mention, The Dome would be in the conversation. 6 Super Bowls doesn't hurt either.

All of the stadiums you mention are outdoor. It shows the bias toward indoor stadiums. Had the Saints been a better team, like the ones you mention, The Dome would be in the conversation. 6 Super Bowls doesn't hurt either.

I don't have a bias towards outdoor stadiums, I like stadiums that are historic or state of the art, the superdome isn't either of those. Of course, I haven't been there since the season before Katrina.

One of my favorites is Reliant. I love the retractable roof, it makes for a good time, I understand if people don't like it because it eliminates the elements, but I don't like to sit in the rain.

I don't have a bias towards outdoor stadiums, I like stadiums that are historic or state of the art, the superdome isn't either of those. Of course, I haven't been there since the season before Katrina.

The Superdome is the largest fixed domed structure in the world. Its structural steel frame covers a 13-acre (53,000 m2) expanse. Its 273-foot (83 m) tall dome is made of a Lamella multi-ringed frame and has a diameter of 680 feet (210 m). It's a one of a kind. When it was built, it was called the Eighth Wonder of the World. It was state of the art then, and still is. They pumped 200 million into new renovations that will be ready by this year. If it isn't state of the art, why would the NFL host more Super Bowls in it than any other stadium? And we are getting another one in 2013. Historic? It host the Sugar Bowl and is in roation every five years to host the BCS National Championship game. It also host NCAA Final Four Championship games, men and women. And don't forget about the Soul Bowl. That's not historic? Name another stadium in the world that has hosted that many big events. Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Leonard. "No Mas".

I'd say it's historic and state of the art.

I lost a lot of respect for the Broncos and Steelers when they allowed Three Rivers and Mile High to be destroyed. The least the fockers could have done is kept the name with the new stadium.

You do realize that the Pirates also played in Three Rivers Stadium right? And that place was a focking hole. It was horrible for both football and baseball. No one in Pittsburgh complains about that place being gone, believe me. Not a good seat in the place, and it was ugly as fock.

Lets put it this way, if you and your buddies were to make a list of all the football venues you want to see, and could only choose ten..

The superdome isn't on the list, sorry.

Lets put it this way, if you and your buddies were to make a list of all the football venues you want to see, and could only choose ten..

The superdome isn't on the list, sorry.

Fair enough. I'm biased. I have never been to an NFL stadium that was outdoors. I would love to go to Soldier, Lambeau, or Philly in late December to see a game. It's on my bucket list to do all three.