Sign in to follow this  
dollaMite

What would it take for you to quit fantasy football?

For real. Think about it. Would you take $100,000 and walk away? Or would you need more like $250,000 to quit? It's a tough call.

Is fantasy football all about money or pride? I know my answer.

I can quit anytime I want. Seriously. I just don't want to.

OK, $50 and I'm done.

I'm not rich but do ok. However, I think 100K wouldn't be enough. The thrill of talking crap to my buddies and pulling off wins is priceless for the next 50 years.

It would take my team being relevant again. (49ers) And it no longer being fun.

But if some idiot wants to toss me $100,000 to quit. That would work too!

Interesting question. I have some scenarios where I would quit without money even being in the equation:

- The NFL screws up the fantasy-friendly schedule so much that its like the other 3 major sports where fantasy leagues just blow. That would be the end. Love the Sunday/Monday routine with an occassional Thursday thrown in.

- Rosters in the NFL get so large that there is "by committee" for every skill position and it makes fantasy football almost impossible. I will NEVER play if we get to where we have to draft entire backfields or receiving corps. No way.

Otherwise, $100,000 is a nice chunk of cash. But, damn... Im really into this and what are ya gonna do on Sunday? Watch crappy regional coverage and root for some team you really dont care about? Sounds awful.

shoot $10K I would , move to Fantasy Hockey.

Fantasy hockey is freaking fun...I did it for 10 years and played in college but it is not even close to fantasy football. I quit fantasy hockey because fantasy football is much better.

If you would second guess taking even $1000 to quit....you are a tool.

I love it as much as the next guy...but seriously.

Wait....you mean i could go back to cheering for my team....and not being in that awkward "Hope my team wins....but would be nice if ______ went off against them" nonsense?

And god forbid you are in multiple leagues.....and have a stud player in one league....but are playing against that same player in another league.

Now take this with a grain of salt.....ive won my local league 3 out of 8 years....so the "thrill" of winning has worn off.....now im just trying not to lose.

Wait....you mean i could go back to cheering for my team....and not being in that awkward "Hope my team wins....but would be nice if ______ went off against them" nonsense?

And god forbid you are in multiple leagues.....and have a stud player in one league....but are playing against that same player in another league.

Now take this with a grain of salt.....ive won my local league 3 out of 8 years....so the "thrill" of winning has worn off.....now im just trying not to lose.

I feel you on those sentiments. You're watching Brady go off but are like - well - Rhoddy White can break off for a big one here - it won't hurt to get 7 points!

Awful. Just awful! Especially owning Thomas Jones and hating the JETS!

In some leagues the 1st place money is more than that (not mine) so I'd say everyone's price would be different.

For me, I enjoy the hell out of it but realistically I'd quit FF for life for about $5,000.

Someone would be a tool if they didn't quit for $1,000 ?

$1,000 isn't that much for some people. Imagine if someone offered you $50 to give up fantasy football. Would you be a tool for not taking the 50 bucks ? Yet for some people $50 is a decent chunk of money.

For me I'd guess I'd quit for 10 grand.

For 100k, I'd quit without a second thought !

For me it is about the pride, fun, smack talk, and most of all, making my wife look at that stupid ass trophy for a year, and wonder how she can break it like the leg lamp in A Christmas Story. :doublethumbsup:

Money, meh, that's more of a question of how well off you are. I'm in pretty good shape so the price would be high, but I won't bother to put a value on it.

The most likely scenario would be the ending of my two leagues, primarily my main $$$ league which I've been doing with friends for 10+ years. Although I've been thinking of organizing an 8-teamer for my kids and their friends, might do that.

This is a good question for sure... I've been doing this for 21 years now and i'm only 33 years old and I love it to death, it's a big part of my life as I've been running a Dynasty league with all my old school friends for the past 13 years which has kept us close and friends through all the years... hard to put a price on that.....

However if someone gave me 6 figures to quit doing it, it would be hard to say no to that....

However if you want to put a spin on it, and say not only do you have to quit fantasy football, but you can never watch another football game again in your life... well then personally I'd need a more serious nut (talkin like at least 250k to even start considering that) cause I love it too much...

It's about the bragging rights.....and I can quit whenever I want....I stopped after the 02' season then after the 03' season, then again after the 04' and 05' season...then for a few days between the 07' and 08' season.....who likes a quitter anyway?

If the right woman asked me to "stop playing that silly little game," I'm outa here.

translation = the poosay owns me

If the right woman asked me to "stop playing that silly little game," I'm outa here.

If she asks that, then she's not the right woman.

If she asks that, then she's not the right woman.

Truer words have never been spoken. She should be under your desk on draft day, with a plate of nachos on her head. :thumbsup:

can we put a cooler full of beer around her neck?

Sounds good, that leaves her hands free. :blink:

can we put a cooler full of beer around her neck?

can size???!!!!!! :dunno:

(12oz or 16oz)

Seriously, my wife is ready for FF to be over about week 10 but listens to me brag, whine and if I'm really indecisive throw a little booty at me to clear my head (both I guess).

I'd take the $100,00 and enter the next 10 years WSOP events. I enjoy it tremendously but as I get older, the time allowed for it gets smaller and smaller.

100k seems like alot at once but is it really worth not participating in your usual drafts each year? (drafts are the most fun to me) and then the weekly smack talk, the game days, the playoffs, winning the championship and having bragging rights for the year...

I don't play in really high stakes leagues so I doubt ill ever win 100k playing FF (ive maybe won 2k lifetime) but I think the fun of playing for the rest of my life outweighs that price.

you are a tool, I have spent and won more then $1000 every year for the last 7 years

my league buyins total 1100 this year

last year I won 4300 total, my highest payout in 1 yr is 7600

you are a tool, I have spent and won more then $1000 every year for the last 7 years

my league buyins total 1100 this year

last year I won 4300 total, my highest payout in 1 yr is 7600

I've won a few thousand in one year but $7600...why would you quit if you are making that amount of money.

I've won a few thousand in one year but $7600...why would you quit if you are making that amount of money.

Ill never quit, but I doubt Ill ever win that much

our league used to be $1000 buy in, now 500

but the year I won that much I won the $1000 league, first place was 6k, and won a $300 league for anther 1600

Hard to say, I have been doing it for 12 years and been the comish for the last 5. I love FF and have finished in the money 10 straight years...unfortunatly in 4th place which pays the league entry fee! What is even worse is the website cost more than the entry fee, so I have lost out most years, so it's not about the money! It's about the fun and effort into plotting your team from draft to playoffs and making trades to get you there!

But for 100K I don't know, I still do FB!

A day like this when f^^^^^^^ MJD is averaging 34 yds per carry and has 2 tds while f****** Warner has 3 interceptions

On a day like today when my DWill has had two TDs poached, Greg Jennings, Thomas Jones, Kevin Smith, Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler, and Antonio Gates (my team, basically) are teh sux, and my opponent has MJD go the F off -

well, I guess I'd quit fantasy football for a gun and a couple of bullets.