Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Austin, TX Plane Crash - His Suicide Note

Man has used this tactic for centuries. Of course it's what he wanted. Do you believe men like Nelson Mandella were wrong to use these same tactics to end apartheid in South Africa? No one would listen to him either. His and others violent actions were the foundation to free his people. You don't have to agree with peoples actions to understand that the fundamental right of free speech is essential for freedom.

Did Oswald still have his first amendments rights after killing Kennedy? Yes. He also had the right to reamain silent. I would rather know why a nut flys into an IRS building than not. Me:"Someone flew into the IRS building? Why?" You: "I don't know. Maybe he took a wrong turn in Albuquerque?"

I hear what you're saying, good point. Honestly I want to know too, I'm always curious.

I guess I'm not saying it should be held back, but because I don't agree with his method I just don't want him to get his way. I guess its inevitable and every time something like this happens whether its a school shooting or uni bomber, they get their moment. Oh well..

look at this way: if the guy wore a towel on his head, he'd be a terrorist.

but since he's an american taking the "man" and the government to task, he's a fine patriot and most likely a teabagger.

those idiots will probably build a statue for him.

It won't help you though, as they are still gonna vote out all of your piece of $hit congressmen!! Ain't it great?

It won't help you though, as they are still gonna vote out all of your piece of $hit congressmen!! Ain't it great?

Republicans and Democrats??

We can only dream...

I don't think anyone can just "fix" the problems of our government, and he's right in that a lot of politicians have their best interests at heart. The problem is, we ALL do. Notice his own failures and loss of money/retirement is what made him get all active and involved and mad? The guy blamed others for his shortcomings, something I've been raised to never do, no matter what the situation might have been. And then killed himself, while attempting to kill others, including his wife and daughter in their own home. And he blames healthcare? The bailouts? Really? Is he the only one affected? The man obviously had a house and apparently an airplane, he wasn't starving. Even if he was, he had a family. I just can't ever see suicide as any kind of productive solution, or as anything but a cowardly cry for attention.

Hell, if America is so bad and broken, move. You know how to fly a plane. Go somewhere else. If you really feel you have no freedoms or rights or money or anything, just leave. To kill yourself? Over something that abstract?

I'm sorry, it just screams of a man who felt himself losing his money and feeling as if he had nothing left to live for. His actions show that. His actions display the same greed and selfish ideals that he pretends to be so pissed about. It's weak and it's cowardly.

Me_2006 won this thread.

I don't think anyone can just "fix" the problems of our government, and he's right in that a lot of politicians have their best interests at heart. The problem is, we ALL do. Notice his own failures and loss of money/retirement is what made him get all active and involved and mad? The guy blamed others for his shortcomings, something I've been raised to never do, no matter what the situation might have been. And then killed himself, while attempting to kill others, including his wife and daughter in their own home. And he blames healthcare? The bailouts? Really? Is he the only one affected? The man obviously had a house and apparently an airplane, he wasn't starving. Even if he was, he had a family. I just can't ever see suicide as any kind of productive solution, or as anything but a cowardly cry for attention.

Hell, if America is so bad and broken, move. You know how to fly a plane. Go somewhere else. If you really feel you have no freedoms or rights or money or anything, just leave. To kill yourself? Over something that abstract?

I'm sorry, it just screams of a man who felt himself losing his money and feeling as if he had nothing left to live for. His actions show that. His actions display the same greed and selfish ideals that he pretends to be so pissed about. It's weak and it's cowardly.

Agree with CH about this post. The ONLY thing is I wonder if this guy did this less to have attention on himself and more to have attention on the issues as he sees them. Like maybe he thought he was more than simply blaming, but beginning what would be a wake up call and inspire change. Either he was fueled by the notion his act would lead a cause, or fueled to mask and rationalize the self-pity you're talking about as something else. Either way there's nothing noble about it, and it was insanely selfish. His wife and daughter weren't home when the blaze was set but pulled up to the house while it was on fire.

Agree with CH about this post. The ONLY thing is I wonder if this guy did this less to have attention on himself and more to have attention on the issues as he sees them. Like maybe he thought he was more than simply blaming, but beginning what would be a wake up call and inspire change. Either he was fueled by the notion his act would lead a cause, or fueled to mask and rationalize the self-pity you're talking about as something else. Either way there's nothing noble about it, and it was insanely selfish. His wife and daughter weren't home when the blaze was set but pulled up to the house while it was on fire.

Interesting take. And whille I'd love to see him become a martyr for income tax abolishment, it won't happen because it's far too easy to just label the guy nuts.

Interesting take. And whille I'd love to see him become a martyr for income tax abolishment, it won't happen because it's far too easy to just label the guy nuts.

Probably because he was nuts. The only difference between that rant and GFIAFP is some "....", fewer punctuation and splitting it across multiple posts.

There are many parts to our government that are broken. Crashing a plane into a building out of anger over the situation is not how you deal with it.

Probably because he was nuts. The only difference between that rant and GFIAFP is some "....", fewer punctuation and splitting it across multiple posts.

There are many parts to our government that are broken. Crashing a plane into a building out of anger over the situation is not how you deal with it.

Totally agree. There are better ways to make a stand.

Well, its a start..... :thumbsup:

The first rule about Flight Club; is we don't talk about Flight Club.

His name was Joe Stack.......His name was Joe Stack........His name was Joe Stack

Damn...I was making that sh1t up :dunno:

Ummmm, So was I. :cheers:

Would you also agree with all the "martyrs" in the middle east that kill others in the process of spreading their beliefs if you shared their same beliefs?? I mean, it is hard to get people to listen to them right? Just because this idiot is white and American doesn't make his method any different.

Letting him have a platform to share his message after killing innocent people, regardless of what that is, plays right into his hands. Its too bad its even posted here. The college kid is right, this guy's a huge douche... :cheers:

If you can read, I said I didn't support this guy's actions because he killed innocent people. All I said is that he has some valid points.

The ONLY thing is I wonder if this guy did this less to have attention on himself and more to have attention on the issues as he sees them. Like maybe he thought he was more than simply blaming, but beginning what would be a wake up call and inspire change. Either he was fueled by the notion his act would lead a cause, or fueled to mask and rationalize the self-pity you're talking about as something else. Either way there's nothing noble about it, and it was insanely selfish. His wife and daughter weren't home when the blaze was set but pulled up to the house while it was on fire.

Agreed. The Slope that killed all those kids at VT was a selfish douche that was just killing kids for attention and because he had his feelings hurt. This guy, IMO, based on reading his manifesto and the new coverage about his life, was hoping to start a revolution and make people realize that we are all slaves to the this corrupt government. The burning down of his family's house and the fact that he killed people makes it an act of a nut job.

This is false. It would have been a quick blurb on the newscycle. I'm not condoning what he did at all, but...just sayin.

:music_guitarred: I've never ridden one but my son really wanted one for Christmas.

Agreed. The Slope that killed all those kids at VT was a selfish douche that was just killing kids for attention and because he had his feelings hurt. This guy, IMO, based on reading his manifesto and the new coverage about his life, was hoping to start a revolution and make people realize that we are all slaves to the this corrupt government. The burning down of his family's house and the fact that he killed people makes it an act of a nut job.

You're just talking and talking and nobody understands what you are saying. This was an act of cowardice. Period. He couldn't take it any longer and he just gave up and took the easy way out. Stop trying to justify his actions, thinking he was some type of revolutionary. He wasn't. He's a murderer.

You're just talking and talking and nobody understands what you are saying. This was an act of cowardice. Period. He couldn't take it any longer and he just gave up and took the easy way out. Stop trying to justify his actions, thinking he was some type of revolutionary. He wasn't. He's a murderer.

Actually the easy way out is what the rest of us do, we go to work everyday and give half our money to the government and smile about it, like the good little slaves we are.

Between him and the Unabomber, we have some really thoughtful nuts in the US.

He actually makes some good points.

Actually the easy way out is what the rest of us do, we go to work everyday and give half our money to the government and smile about it, like the good little slaves we are.

Nothing easy about having to slap you around the Geek Board every few weeks. This takes work.

Who am I kidding, slapping you around is almost as easy as slapping GFIAFP around. :Mr-T:

Nothing easy about having to slap you around the Geek Board every few weeks. This takes work.

Who am I kidding, slapping you around is almost as easy as slapping GFIAFP around. :Mr-T:

Slapping me around the geek board?

Between him and the Unabomber, we have some really thoughtful nuts in the US.

He actually makes some good points.

Yeah...here's my favorite...

In retrospect, the situation was laughable because here I was living on peanut butter and bread (or Ritz crackers when I could afford to splurge) for months at a time. When I got to know this poor figure and heard her story I felt worse for her plight than for my own (I, after all, I thought I had everything to in front of me). I was genuinely appalled at one point, as we exchanged stories and commiserated with each other over our situations, when she in her grandmotherly fashion tried to convince me that I would be “healthier” eating cat food (like her) rather than trying to get all my substance from peanut butter and bread. I couldn’t quite go there, but the impression was made. I decided that I didn’t trust big business to take care of me, and that I would take responsibility for my own future and myself.

Shortly followed by this beauty...

During 1987, I spent close to $5000 of my ‘pocket change’, and at least 1000 hours of my time writing, printing, and mailing to any senator, congressman, governor, or slug that might listen; none did, and they universally treated me as if I was wasting their time. I spent countless hours on the L.A. freeways driving to meetings and any and all of the disorganized professional groups who were attempting to mount a campaign against this atrocity.

Im just saying....$5,000 could have bought some Carrs Table Water Crackers or something a bit more elegant. He could have really lived it up.

Slapping me around the geek board?

I meant to say Stepping on you on the geek board. Sorry, my bad.

I meant to say Stepping on you on the geek board. Sorry, my bad.

Again I'm gonna have to ask you what you mean by this? Did I miss something?

Again I'm gonna have to ask you what you mean by this? Did I miss something?

I'm guessing everything above 4 feet.

The guy was both a nutjob and pretty thoughtful at the same time. A lot of people are going to agree with any anti-government/anti-big business/pro-middle class screed. So it's not like he's saying anything most of the rest of us haven't thought before....he just took the time to put pen to paper in the form of a suicide note. But that's where he loses any respect from me. Dude, if you really stand for something....if you are willing to really fight for an ideal, then you don't off yourself....and you sure as hell don't try to take innocent bystanders with you. This guy gave up before the fight even began....and he's deluded to think that his "act" will inspire anyone to surge up and fight the powers that be. He now has no control how any of this will be covered and I'm guessing the media ain't exactly focusing on his personal ideologies. The masses are completely unaware as to why he did what he did.

I'm waiting for gocolts to post another Fail video.....with this guy....Revolution Fail.

:Mr-T:

The guy was both a nutjob and pretty thoughtful at the same time. A lot of people are going to agree with any anti-government/anti-big business/pro-middle class screed. So it's not like he's saying anything most of the rest of us haven't thought before....he just took the time to put pen to paper in the form of a suicide note. But that's where he loses any respect from me. Dude, if you really stand for something....if you are willing to really fight for an ideal, then you don't off yourself....and you sure as hell don't try to take innocent bystanders with you. This guy gave up before the fight even began....and he's deluded to think that his "act" will inspire anyone to surge up and fight the powers that be. He now has no control how any of this will be covered and I'm guessing the media ain't exactly focusing on his personal ideologies. The masses are completely unaware as to why he did what he did.

I'm waiting for gocolts to post another Fail video.....with this guy....Revolution Fail.

:Mr-T:

;)

Also, like I sort of said, I'm not sure he really believed in this for the right reasons. It geniunely reads like one giant pity party for himself. Again, I've no sympathy for those who make excuses. You're mad at the government AFTER you blow your money on stupid shiit? What a working-class hero!

and then he attacks the IRS building. Yeah, kill lots of other working class people. That'll show the proletariat! For something that was apparently planned months in advance, he did an assbackwards job of making a stand.

The fact that most people have admitted to not reading this, yet at the same time are passionate and making character judgement says a lot for the state of this country.

I did read the letter. It's rather thought provoking and actually quite well worded. I tend to agree that flying yourself into an IRS building isn't exactly the best way to do this. There's something odd about it. Like someone else says, he correctly sees the war, but his means of fighting it was poor. He would have been better off actually targeting someone, like say one of those rich CEOs or something like that. In that sense, I tend to agree that he wasn't quite there. The problem though with stuff like this is that it gets out... There are a lot more people today with nothing to lose doing something like that. It's the same mentality that drives many of today's terrorists.

The guy was obviously a total nutjob.

That being said, he was obviously a bright guy, and had some really good points to make. Definitely doesn't come close to justifying what he did, but i understand the point he was trying to make. We are only as free as the government allows.

Cliff Notes Version:

I watch Glenn Beck. FOXNEWS rules!

Joe Stack (1956-2010)

02/18/2010