rnd 2 running back

rnd 3/4 defense defense defense

rnd 7 linemen...

rnd 1 d-line

rnd 2 running back

rnd 3/4 defense defense defense

rnd 7 linemen...

Have you watched the lions draft?

With the 2nd overall pick of the 2010 draft the lions pick...............DEZ.

i believe they have a fourth 7th-rounder now.

i wouldn't be disappointed if they traded down every every time in rounds 1-3.

grab as many 2nd and 3rd rounders as possible this year...that's where the stellar value will be.

Have you watched the lions draft?

With the 2nd overall pick of the 2010 draft the lions pick...............DEZ.

that joke was old four years ago.

that joke was old four years ago.

You ASSume I was joking. Which I was not. The lions are draft retarded and the fact is TO THIS DAY I pretty much believe they are going to take the best WR available each and every year and with all the hype surrounding DEZ can you tell me that they wont take him?

And the lions drafting in the top 5 was old like 10 years ago. HTH

You ASSume I was joking. Which I was not. The lions are draft retarded and the fact is TO THIS DAY I pretty much believe they are going to take the best WR available each and every year and with all the hype surrounding DEZ can you tell me that they wont take him?

And the lions drafting in the top 5 was old like 10 years ago. HTH

Millen is gone... I ASSume you knew that. So, you're not joking... okay, sig bet?

Say, kilroy69 is as smart as Matt Millen

Go ahead and come up with whatever you'd like my sig to say if they draft Dez Bryant at 1.02

Sound like fun? It does to me. :blink:

1.02- N. Suh

2.02- Likely CB or OT... well, if they were smart. There's a decent chance they take RB Best here.

3.02- LB, CB, DE... possibly O-line if they go defense at pick 2.02.

4.02- RB. Expect Dwyer and A. Dixon to be gone, chance Gerhart falls. LaBlount Should be there. Defense if they take Best.

Rd 7- O-line prospects, defense, special teams

1.02-

2.02-

3.02-

4.02-

7.06-

7.07-

7.48-

Add 7.13 to this from the Denver/Scheffler trade today.

Millen is gone... I ASSume you knew that. So, you're not joking... okay, sig bet?

Say, kilroy69 is as smart as Matt Millen

Go ahead and come up with whatever you'd like my sig to say if they draft Dez Bryant at 1.02

Sound like fun? It does to me. :thumbsup:

Im not saying THEY ARE going to take him. Im saying that it would not surprise me in the slightest if they did.

So Millen is gone? So what? The lions sucked before his term as GM, during and we suck after. The last team with a legit shot at anything was 95 with Mitchell?

Im not saying THEY ARE going to take him. Im saying that it would not surprise me in the slightest if they did.

So Millen is gone? So what? The lions sucked before his term as GM, during and we suck after. The last team with a legit shot at anything was 95 with Mitchell?

C'mon man, the Lions suck but there is zero chance they draft Dez. And Detroit actually had a pretty strong offseason IMO. They should draft Okung but can't really go wrong with Suh at 1.2.

And I'm saying, that joke was old years ago... Millen was the one drafting WRs year after year. They didn't do it before him, they haven't done it after him.

C'mon man, the Lions suck but there is zero chance they draft Dez. And Detroit actually had a pretty strong offseason IMO. They should draft Okung but can't really go wrong with Suh at 1.2.

I think the only thing missing for them this offseason was a 'big name' signing, and a RB. They've filled quite a few holes, and realistically have a long way to go still. It's a nice change, though.

Year after year, I yell at the tv as Detroit passes on the top LT in the draft... top 2, at the least. This year, I'm rooting for Suh, and would be happy with Okung.

There is nothing I would love more than for us to take Suh at 1.2. That would be the logical choice but I gave up on the lions being logical a long time ago.

There is nothing I would love more than for us to take Suh at 1.2. That would be the logical choice but I gave up on the lions being logical a long time ago.

Suh would be a great choice. Frankly, I don't think they can go wrong if they take Suh, Okung, or McCoy.

Suh would be a great choice. Frankly, I don't think they can go wrong if they take Suh, Okung, or McCoy.

this

...and yet if one of these guys ends up being a bust and the lions draft him we'll hear everyone on this site say TOLD YOU SO!!!! :dunno:

but, yeah, it's not rocket science at the top of the draft this year. and all three have stellar characters as well.

1.02-

2.02-

3.02-

4.02-

7.06-

7.07-

7.13-

7.48-

1.02 OL

2.02 DL

3.02 OLB

4.02 OL

7.06 K

7.07 CB

7.13 RB

7.? DL

2. Detroit Lions

Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

34. Detroit Lions

Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest

66. Detroit Lions

Ben Tate, RB, Auburn

Beyond this....it should be OT, LB, OT

Is J. Best gonna be gone by 2.02? I wouldnt object to taking him there. But generally speaking they should just draft all OL/DL for the next two years and if 6-7 of them pan out, you have yourself a couple of lines. :unsure:

So far I'm hating this new format.

1 - Suh

2 - CB

3 - CB or OLB

4 - RB

Say NO to Best!!!!!!

Hearing alot of rumors about Lions trading with Oakland for McFadden, kinda like it!

Umm...give it a chance bro...geez!!!!!

I'm still hating it. You know why? My team just picked. I'm pretty sure they are done for the rest of the day so there's no point to watch until tomorrow.

love the day 1 picks of the lions. can't complain at all.

suh and best are massive upgrades for the lions at two key spots.

love the day 1 picks of the lions. can't complain at all.

suh and best are massive upgrades for the lions at two key spots.

meh. not in love with the best pick. team has bigger needs imo.

obviously love the Suh pick tho.

meh. not in love with the best pick. team has bigger needs imo.

obviously love the Suh pick tho.

they have a lot of needs. rb was one of them.

2 for 2 so far for me...

I like best. I envision a two TE set, burleson and CJ spread wide, and a lot of holes to hit with that 4.3 speed... best will outproduce matthews next year, believe it!

jdon

Love the Suh, will wait and see on the Best pick. Not sure why they traded up to get him. I am pretty sure they could have waited and if Best wasn't there then fill another need.

Love the Suh, will wait and see on the Best pick. Not sure why they traded up to get him. I am pretty sure they could have waited and if Best wasn't there then fill another need.

there was a strong rumor the saints were ready to take best...the price was very cheap to ensure they got him (swapping 4ths and giving one of their four 7th rounders).

i wouldn't mind seeing them give up a pick in next year's draft to get back into the 2nd today...next year's draft looks to be much much weaker.

so the lions have added stafford, pettigrew, scheffler, burleson, and best on offense in the past year...and suh, delmas, levy, houston and hill on defense...that's some serious upgrading in a 12-month period.

still a long ways to go...but they've finally got the compass pointing north.

Lions fock up again by trading up to get Best. Good job Lions, pretty sure he would have been there at 2.02 and if he wasn't of focking well, he is not a stud. This pick have Matt Millen written all over it BWahahahahahahah

so the lions have added stafford, pettigrew, scheffler, burleson, and best on offense in the past year...and suh, delmas, levy, houston and hill on defense...that's some serious upgrading in a 12-month period.

No they dont

there was a strong rumor the saints were ready to take best...the price was very cheap to ensure they got him (swapping 4ths and giving one of their four 7th rounders).

DUMB they also gave up their 2nd round pick.

The saints have a injury concerns at RB so they are going to draft an undersized, injury-prone skat-back

Wow the Lions are awful

DUMB they also gave up their 2nd round pick.

The saints have a injury concerns at RB so they are going to draft an undersized, injury-prone skat-back

Wow the Lions are awful

I'm as critical about the Lions as anybody, but I gotta give 'em credit this time.

The Lions giving up a 2nd is not that big a deal, because they simply moved up 5 spots to nab Jahvid Best. It's not like they mortgaged the future to make that move. I think everyone is so jaded by what they did the previous decade that it's now difficult to give them the benefit of the doubt. I get that. But at the end of the day, it's not where they were drafted; it's how they play that counts most.

Once Kyle Wilson went, Best was definitely the pick. They made a safe move, because either the Saints or Colts could've knabbed him and he was easily the best RB availible and they knew he wouldn't get past the Lions.

I have been saying for a long time...Best will be the best RB from this draft. Concussions are a concerned, but they are for every RB as they play a hard hitting position. They do need to address the guard and center positions now, but with 2 good blocking TEs i can see a lot of sweeps and counters to the edges with Best. All the top knotch DBs were gone, Best was the obvious pick, and they made a move to make sure they got him. Excellent move.

I hate this though, i now have optimism for the Lions. It's been a while since i have had true optimism. They have upgraded a bunch of positions. They are a lock-down CB and some solid o-lineman and a couple years away from people a playoff contender. As it is, i think they will still win 6-8 games next year if all key players stay healthy.

The Lions are constantly upgrading. They have to because they've had a revolving door with their coaches and schemes. Remember when Ernie Sims was a "serious upgrade"? Now he doesn't fit the new system and he's yesterdays news.

I live in Michigan, am a Pack fan, but I'm surrounded by Lions fans. I actually have Lions fans ripping me today since the Packers took a OT that wasn't as exciting as the Suh, Best picks. :overhead: It's as if they've won something real.

They do it every year......I just shake my head and feel sorry for them.

Relieved that they didn't try and get cute with the #2 pick. Suh can be a special player IMO. My jaw dropped when they moved up to get Best though. I really didn't think it was necessary. Even if someone did take Best, you nab your #1 CB at 34 and you roll the dice on Tate,Gerhart or some of the other RBs available in the 3rd round. Concussions were a major concern for Ernie Sims as well coming out of the draft. Is there a more violent position than LB? He turned out just fine in that regards and I think Best will be alright.

B+

It would have been an "A-" if they didn't move up.

Look for the Lions to move back into the 2nd round somehow for Chris Cook, Ghee or another CB option.