Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Who are we going to hype this year?

Last year we were all over James Davis and Bernard Scott. You guys want to get the hype train restarted early before all the regulars come back for the season?

It's got to be Ben Tate right? Big kid going into a zone blocking scheme from a zone blocking scheme. Not much competition. Seems like an obvious choice. Or is it too obvious. We could jump on James Starks' nuts. He fits the James Davis mold kind of. Good but not spectacular player in front of him in Ryan Grant. He missed time because of injuries so there's the "if he just gets a chance" factor there. I can also consider Hardesty in Cleveland since we've finally put Lewis out to pasteur about 2 years too late.

It's gotta be Jahvid Best, on that powerful Lion offense. The hype-train has left the station and is gaining steam. His ADP continues to rise, and with a good preseason game or two, I predict he will be going in the mid second by mid August. I saw Kevin Smith fall to the last round yesterday in a 15 round mock.

2010 fantasy slogan: Forget The Rest-Draft The Best

:pointstosky:

Mike Wallace

Mike Wallace

Already on my board. How can he not push 1100 and 10? No Holmes? HE HAS TO. Not even a superhype. It has to be a reality.

And you can get him in the 7th-9th! FOCK!

Already on my board. How can he not push 1100 and 10? No Holmes? HE HAS TO. Not even a superhype. It has to be a reality.

And you can get him in the 7th-9th! FOCK!

Not saying that Wallace won't put up good numbers, but...the growing hype for a guy who has one year of 39 catches under his belt has me targeting the other half of the Steelers passing attack as a great value pick in ppr leagues...Hines is coming off a 95 catch season and has an ADP of 81 right now while the Wallace hype has him at 78---keep hyping Wallace, I'll take Ward.

Not saying that Wallace won't put up good numbers, but...the growing hype for a guy who has one year of 39 catches under his belt has me targeting the other half of the Steelers passing attack as a great value pick in ppr leagues...Hines is coming off a 95 catch season and has an ADP of 81 right now while the Wallace hype has him at 78---keep hyping Wallace, I'll take Ward.

:pointstosky:

everyone is on wallace's junk. And i understand the love with Holmes in NY. what I dont understand is that his hype is so high with Ben out 4-6 weeks and their best lineman done for the year.

especially in PPR leagues, i expect Ward to be the steeler WR to own. The security blanket for Dixon or whoever ends up under center in Ben's absence and the go to guy for Ben when he shakes off the rust.

dynasty leagues are another matter.

CJ Spiller. He'll have a crazy training camp and the hype train will take off.

Some Cowboys fans in here will also hype Dez Bryant when Romo inevitably praises him in training camp.

Jahvid Best was named the starter. No hype here. And his ADP is justified.

Mike Wallace. There is some hype here. But he has shown good play making ability, while Ben is out, you can still expect a wr3 value out of him for 2010.

How about M.Hardesty?

J.Knox

Lex Hilliard is a deep sleeper. Ronnie Brown is not guarenteed to be ready for the start of the season. He always gets hurt. Ricky is 33 and may finally hit the wall. Just saying watch out?? He had 89 yards and a TD week 16 filling in for Ricky.

QB Matt Moore: Will finish top 15 in QB fantasy scoring. :overhead:

RB James Davis: We were a year to early. 2010 baby!@#! :pointstosky:

WR Legedu Naanee: Malcom Floyd who? 6'2" 220lbs of badass. :banana:

Josh 'the next big thing' Cribbs

Our hype train needs to target someone that will go in a double digit round, so we have to leave off Best, Spiller, Wallace and probably McFadden. In fact, we probably want someone who isn't even being drafted at the moment.

I kind of like the idea of Lex Hilliard. I don't really think he's going to do anything, but it would be fun to hype a guy named Lex.

QB - ALEX SMITH - - dude is going to light it up this year - 3800/28td's

RB - Cadillac Williams - that's right 1200/8

WR - CHRIS HENRY - MATT JONES - - an X #1 WR in the #3 WR role. #85, Bryant, Gresham taking off all the pressure - CHAMPIONSHIP :first:

Mike Williams Rookie WR Tampa Bay

or

Donnie Avery WR Rams

or

Arian Foster RB HOU

Mike Williams Rookie WR Tampa Bay

or

Donnie Avery WR Rams

or

Arian Foster RB HOU

The more news I read about this guy, the higher up my board he is moving. I think I chose wrong in Adelius Benn (sp) over Mike Williams for the Bucs WR.

Javid Best is it. Overhyped by a long shot. Take a look at his collegiate career. During big games, he was a consistent no show. Never once broke 80 yards or scored a single TD when facing top 25 defenses. If you think Pro Ds are gonna be easier on him than top 25 college clubs, you need to quit smoking crack. He is on my over hyped and drafted too early list.

Javid Best is it. Overhyped by a long shot. Take a look at his collegiate career. During big games, he was a consistent no show. Never once broke 80 yards or scored a single TD when facing top 25 defenses. If you think Pro Ds are gonna be easier on him than top 25 college clubs, you need to quit smoking crack. He is on my over hyped and drafted too early list.

then you have this..... :doublethumbsup:

Jahvid Best, RB DET

News: The Detroit News reports that the Lions are hoping rookie RB Jahvid Best can play like another former Detroit star rusher. The story says the Lions need some pep in their running game, and it looks like Best can provide it. The paper even compares Best to Barry Sanders by saying "not since Barry Sanders have the Lions possessed a back with Best's speed and open-field running style. Best is actually faster than Sanders, and has shown flashes of being a big-time playmaker."

oh no they didn't

Arian Foster RB HOU

??

If any Texan RB is on the hype train, it has to be Tate. In fact, I have been picking up Foster in the 12th round in recent mocks.

Where is all the LeSean McCoy love at??? I thought he would be the 2010 "Ray Rice" poster child around here...

Montario Hardesty seems like a common one...It will really depend on the preseason and presumptions coming out of their training camp but early on I feel he's ranked too highly and is being drafted too early.

Ben Tate is another RB that scares me. I don't trust Kubiak and that offense with ANY running back. Gale Sayers could be in his prime on that offense and Vonta Leach would get the majority of the carries. No thanks.

Miles Austin is being drafted way too highly for my liking as well. Yes...I understand he broke out of nowhere (to the common fan...many Dallas fans liked Austin's hustle and special teams play in 07 and 08 and speculated he'd be a good to great receiver) and played exceptionally well for the 2nd half of the year. But to be taking him ahead of Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White, in some cases Reggie Wayne? Absolutely not. The hype train is only going to build in the preseason if he blows up in the Hall of Fame game. I'll take the proven commodities in the early 2nd round.

Vernon Davis' hype is through the roof and I am not going to buy in at the price he's going for. He caught 13 TD passes. The 49ers threw a total of 23 TD's all season. TD's are the biggest crapshoot among players...particularly receivers and tight ends. While his numbers for receptions and yards should still place him in TE1 range, I feel like a 70 catch 800 yds season with 7 TDs is a reasonable expectation. Again, he should still be considered a top tier TE, but he's not the best option, and he's too expensive for my liking.

Kenny Britt: If Vince Young wasnt playing QB I'd be VERY high on him. As it stands, I still think he's going to become an excellent WR at some point in his career.

homer pick:

Justin Forsett: not much of a sleeper, a lot of people know what he can do from his limited chances last year. Was literally the ONLY bright spot on a horrendous offense last season. He's small and lacks breakaway speed, but he's quick, has great vision, and runs HARD for a little guy. Great fit for a zone blocking scheme, will be running behind a line that could come together excellently. Also a nifty little receiver out of the backfield. Pass-blocking and durability will determine how much he plays. Definitely worth taking a round or two earlier then his projections. Possibly the only Hawk worth rostering this season.

Chad Henne: The pieces are in place for him. Put up some nice games at the end of last season.

??

If any Texan RB is on the hype train, it has to be Tate. In fact, I have been picking up Foster in the 12th round in recent mocks.

I was just throwing out guys that get drafted 10th round or later because someone above nobody suggested that the hype should be for someone drafted that late.

I'd rather have Arian Foster than Ben Tate anyway.

I'd rather have Arian Foster than Ben Tate anyway.

Me too.....I usually get him LATE in mocks, even though he is the starter, as of now, of a potentially bigtime offense.

Our hype train needs to target someone that will go in a double digit round, so we have to leave off Best, Spiller, Wallace and probably McFadden. In fact, we probably want someone who isn't even being drafted at the moment.

I kind of like the idea of Lex Hilliard. I don't really think he's going to do anything, but it would be fun to hype a guy named Lex.

This is correct. It has to be a guy who is either being drafted in the last couple rounds or not at all right now. So the obvious guys who've been mentioned like Mike Wallace, Nicks, Forsett, Best, Spiller, McCoy, and even QB's like Henne or Flacco do not apply. The hype train has to start from the ground and build up. Maybe you should get three to four names in this nomination thread and later this week do a poll. The winner of the poll gets his own hype thread.

Lex Hilliard is an awesome name, and if he only had Ronnie Brown to get past, or just Ricky Williams then I would be on board. But the fact that he has to get past TWO established guys makes me shy away.

I try to staty away from rookie WR's as they normally don't pan out BIG the first year. So even though I like the Mike Williams name, I pass for that reason.

For WR's it's usually a guy that is in his 2nd, 3rd, or 4th season. Has an opportunity to succeed. Has a good QB, and is physically talented. This is why my nomination is Legedu Naanee from San Diego. Everybody is on Floyd jock, but Naanee is the one to get if you ask me. He fits all of those "sleeper" ingredients. Just google his name and check out some San Diego articles or Bleacher report's on him. B-E-A-S-T.

Choo-Choo

Miles Austin is being drafted way too highly for my liking as well. Yes...I understand he broke out of nowhere (to the common fan...many Dallas fans liked Austin's hustle and special teams play in 07 and 08 and speculated he'd be a good to great receiver) and played exceptionally well for the 2nd half of the year. But to be taking him ahead of Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White, in some cases Reggie Wayne? Absolutely not. The hype train is only going to build in the preseason if he blows up in the Hall of Fame game. I'll take the proven commodities in the early 2nd round.

I think Miles Austin should be ranked as a top5 Wide Receiver. 76/1240/10 - those are his numbers in his last 12 games. 12 games!!!!!! He was buried on the bench weeks 1-4 until Roy Williams got injured, tallying only 5 catches for 81 yards and a TD through 4 games.

Not only does he have the potential to put up ridiculous numbers, he arguably has the least amount of question marks surrounding him for any top WR (besides Andre)...Moss is older and may be without Welker. Fitzgerald lost Boldin and we don't know how productive Leinart will be. Indianapolis now has so many weapons that it actually limits Reggie Wayne. Calvin Johnson has a 2nd year QB throwing to him, and has underachieved thus far in his career.

I'd have no problem taking Miles Austin as the 2nd or 3rd WR off the board.

Andre Johnson

Randy Moss

Miles Austin

Larry Fitzgerald

Roddy White

Last year we were all over James Davis and Bernard Scott. You guys want to get the hype train restarted early before all the regulars come back for the season?

I believe the regulars are the people that are here now.

I think Miles Austin should be ranked as a top5 Wide Receiver. 76/1240/10 - those are his numbers in his last 12 games. 12 games!!!!!! He was buried on the bench weeks 1-4 until Roy Williams got injured, tallying only 5 catches for 81 yards and a TD through 4 games.

Not only does he have the potential to put up ridiculous numbers, he arguably has the least amount of question marks surrounding him for any top WR (besides Andre)...Moss is older and may be without Welker. Fitzgerald lost Boldin and we don't know how productive Leinart will be. Indianapolis now has so many weapons that it actually limits Reggie Wayne. Calvin Johnson has a 2nd year QB throwing to him, and has underachieved thus far in his career.

I'd have no problem taking Miles Austin as the 2nd or 3rd WR off the board.

Andre Johnson

Randy Moss

Miles Austin

Larry Fitzgerald

Roddy White

Man, you're starting to get me excited about Miles. I'm a HUGE Dallas fan and was all about this guy last year before he blew up. I kept telling my wife this guy is going to be incredible. Great hands, great speed. Good routes. Very solid player.

Thing is though... Dallas. So many weapons. I see him playing in more games, but playing a smaller role in each game. Felix Jones is here. He will be utilized more. Dez Bryant figures to make an impact in that offense. You have to get Witten the ball. Barber isn't going to be forgotten. Hell Roy Williams will still even get targets.

Not to mention, everyone knows about Miles now. Defenses have to shut him down, don't they? You gotta figure they will double him up more often this year.

I'd predict pretty similar numbers to last year out of him. 80 catches, 1200 yards 8 TD's. Thing is, those are still some very respectable numbers.

Ok you wanna hype a draft day last round flyer and see if we can make a <100 ADP out of him. Malcolm Kelly is the guy. Not being drafted in most leagues, 3rd receiver on Washington behind Moss and Devin Thomas, but realistically behind Cooley and Davis as well. And LJ and Portis occasionally catch one so he should see what 1 maybe 2 looks a game tops? Camp hype is that he is McNabb's new favorite target wink wink nudge nudge.

Hakeem Nicks ssssshhhhhhhhh!

Oh yea!! I'm all over Nicks. Drafted him as at 5.11 in my 12 team fftoday geek ppr league. He's my WR3 who's gonna play like a WR1. :first: CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are missing the obvious one, the 3rd string WR for the houston texans.

Jacoby Jones :wub:

Where is all the LeSean McCoy love at??? I thought he would be the 2010 "Ray Rice" poster child around here...

quiet you! I like it this way.