Sign in to follow this  
yostevo

2010 Fearless Predictions

Yes my friends, it's that time of the year again. Here's where we step out on a limb and watch it slowly bend till it breaks. It's been a wild beginning to the season thus far and I'd expect the predictions to follow suit.

2008 Fearless Predictions

2009 Fearless Predictions

My 2009 predictions would have to be called a mixed bag of suck. Percy Harvin did nab the ROY and the Lions did win an early game to squash the losing streak. The rest, well...... Phillip Rivers ran into a Peyton Manning/Chris Johnson buzz saw for MVP. Kevin Boss didn't get targeted enough with the emergence of the WRs. The San Diego/Philly super looked good for awhile but fell apart in the end.

:drum roll:

2010 Fearless Predictions:

1. Dallas v. NY Jets Super Bowl. The Jets D will overcome the Colts in the conference final this time. No one else is ready in the AFC. Dallas just has so many weapons that are in their prime(or close to it) that I can't see the NFC keeping pace. The Packers will come up short against them in the conference final.

2. Tony Romo is the #1 fantasy QB and league MVP. He really had a great year last season but was overshadowed by some superlative performances from CJ/Peyton. Regardless of the plethora of RBs on this team, this team will succeed with the pass and their defense still has enough holes to make for some high scoring affairs.

3. James Jones finally overtakes Donald Driver either by injury or performance and posts top 25 WR #s. I've had my eye on this guy for awhile and he's just a playmaker waiting to happen.

4. John Carlson becomes a top 5 TE. Last year's seemingly pedestrian season will drive his ADP down but it shouldn't. Seattle's paper thin oline last year made Carlson a highly talented blocker. They will get him involved more. He's a bargain waiting to happen in your draft.

5. James Harrison is a top ten back. Coaches have treated him like a leper throughout his career and the drafting of Hardesty made me weary. However, Montario got hurt setting the rookie way back in camp and now Harrison finally gets the rock. The green light means go baby go. Delhomme gives at least a threat of a passing game which will free up Harrison just enough.

6. The defending Super Bowl champs don't even win their division. Say hello to the A-T-L

7. As always, I have to submit a Lions prediction. While they will stumble to a 5-11 record, they play well enough to be very optimistic in 2011. The big Honolulu blue and silver lining? Jahvid Best is the offensive ROY. :banana:

There you have it folks. Shred at will. :overhead:

1. Ernest Lamour Wheelwright will make an NFL roster!

2. Favre comes back and leads the Vikings to the Super Bowl against the Baltimore Ravens

3. Calvin Johnson will be the #1 fantasy WR with 90 catches for 1400 yards and 14 TDs

4. Ray Rice will be the #1 fantasy RB with 1,300 yards rushing, 850 yards receiving and 15 total TDs

5. Drew Brees will be the #1 fantasy QB with 4700 yards and 37 TDs

6. Rookie of the Year: Arrelious Benn WR Tampa Bay Bucs/Ryan Matthews RB SD Chargers

7. Sleepers: Joe Flacco, Fred Jackson, Brian Robiske

8. Busts: Jay Cutler, Jamal Charles, Miles Austin

Some fearless predictions of my own:

1. Baltimore Ravens are your Super Bowl champs

2. San Fran 49ers win 10 games and the NFC West

3. Jamaal Charles puts up 1,600+ total yards and 10+ TDs

4. Chad Henne throws for 3,600 yards and 25 TDs

5. Jeremy Maclin has a better fantasy year than Desean Jackson

6. The Raiders go .500 and compete for the division title until the final weeks

1. A. Peterson is a 1st round bust (Mainly due to injury)

2. M. Harrison returns to his regular form

3. J. Fargas is a top 15 RB

4. Jets and Packers won't make the playoffs

5. Raiders and Bears will make the playoffs

6. Bengals fire coach during the season

7. Patriots go 15-1

1. Turner finishes out of the top 10 RBs in PPR leagues

2. Seattle wins the NFC West

3. Oakland finishes .500 or better

4. Matt Cassel and the Chiefs struggle and finish with 4 wins

5. Vince Young and Matt Leinart regain their starting jobs by week 7

6. Colts struggle and only win 9 games

7. Lions finish with a better record than the Jets

8. Bears, Packers, and Vikings are all over .500

9. Steve Slaton is a top 5 RB in PPR leagues

10. Rams also go 0-16

And now for my 2010 Predictions:

1. Ray Rice will be a "Forte type" bust

2. Dez Bryant has a "Boldin type" of rookie year

3. Titans win their division

4. Vikings finish 3rd in the NFC North with Favre at QB

5. Super Bowl will be Dallas vs Chargers

6. Jay Cutler will be a top 5 QB

7. Raiders and Panthers make the playoffs

8. Saints and Jets don't make the playoffs

9. #1 Fantasy QB is Tom Brady, #1 Fantasy RB is MJD, #1 Fantasy WR is Brandon Marshall

10. Browns finish 10-6

And now for my 2010 Predictions:

1. Ray Rice will be a "Forte type" bust

2. Dez Bryant has a "Boldin type" of rookie year

3. Titans win their division

4. Vikings finish 3rd in the NFC North with Favre at QB

5. Super Bowl will be Dallas vs Chargers

6. Jay Cutler will be a top 5 QB

7. Raiders and Panthers make the playoffs

8. Saints and Jets don't make the playoffs

9. #1 Fantasy QB is Tom Brady, #1 Fantasy RB is MJD, #1 Fantasy WR is Brandon Marshall

10. Browns finish 10-6

Whatever Bishop82 says for 2010, give me the opposite. :banana:

Tommy Maddox will throw for over 5,000 yards.

:lol:

/thread

Whatever Bishop82 says for 2010, give me the opposite. :banana:

That's the smart way to go, I am wrong a lot.

1. Ray Rice busts.

2. Alex Smith is a top 15 QB. Michael Crabtree gets 1,000 yards and 8 TDs. Frank Gore plays all 16 games. Davis and Iupati become solid o-linemen by the end of the season and we have one of the top o-lines in the league. Ted Ginn is a top 5 returner. Every game we lose except to the Saints is by less than a touchdown. The 49ers go 10-6 and reach the 2nd round of the playoffs. There's my 49ers predictions

3. Super Bowl: Colts vs. Packers

4. D-Will and JStew both rush for 1100 yards and 8 TDs and Stewart becomes starter by the end of the season or in the offseason.

5. Chris Johnson falls to #5 in scoring and gets hurt.

6. Top 5 Scoring QBs: Brees, Rodgers, Peyton, Schaub, Brady. Cutler at #6

Top 5 RBs: AP, MJD, Gore, Mendenhall, CJ. Turner at #6.

Top 5 WRs: Andre, Calvin, BMarsh, Wayne, Roddy. Jennings is #6

7. Rams get a top 3 pick for the 4th straight year

8. Lions improve to 7-9.

9. Felix Jones, Marion Barber, etc. screw over fantasy owners all year

10. T.O. and Ochocinco each get fined at least $10,000 over the season

11. A new CBA gets passed with a rookie pay scale.

12. Tyson Alualu lives up to his draft position. OK that one will never happen

2009:

1. Lions finish 8-8.

2. Texans make the playoffs, and the Jags and Titans fight for the AFC South basement.

3. Minnesota will not make the playoffs, and Favre retires again in the off-season (...partially right?).

4. Washington will be a top 5 defense.

5. Mario Williams will be the defensive player of the year.

6. The Saints will win the NFC South.

7. Raiders contend for the AFC West, and will be in the playoff picture come December.

8. Bengals fail to live up to the pre-season hype, finish 4th in the AFC North.

9. Brandon Marshall will be on another team before the trade deadline. (one off-season too soon)

10. Steelers beat Falcons in SB 44. (neither team made the playoffs)

Devastating. Pwned.

Now, to 2010:

1. The Steelers go at least 2-2 with Ben out, and make the playoffs.

2. Ryan Grant puts together another quiet top 10 fantasy RB season, still has an ADP of 3.05 in 2011.

3. Houston makes the playoffs (going to keep saying this until it happens, dammit).

4. Jamaal Charles finishes as a top 5 fantasy back with numbers similar to Ray Rice 2009.

5. The Jets start 1-3, finish 8-8. No playoffs for Fat Rex.

6. The Chiefs are a 7 to 9 win team, and are contending for a wildcard late in the season.

7. San Francisco wins the NFC West with a 9-7 record.

8. Tomlinson has enough left in the tank to be a menace to Greene owners all year long. Greene finishes outside of the top 15 fantasy backs.

9. Derrick Mason ends the year with better numbers (yards and TDs) than Anquan Boldin.

10. Green Bay wins the NFC North, and defeat the Vikings in the NFC Championsip in Lambeau. Favre is never heard from again.

2010:

Favre is never heard from again.

Unpossible :lol: The only prediction thus far that has absolutely no chance of happening. Tommy Maddox has a better chance at 5k.

1. Derek Anderson replaces Matt Leinart at QB for the Cardinals after their week 6 bye and keeps the job the rest of the season.

2. RB Clinton Portis gets 1350 total yds and 9 total td's.

3. QB Aaron Rodgers wins the MVP

4. WR Roddy White finishes the season as the top WR.

Alright....

1. Super Bowl: New York Jets Vs. Minnesota Vikings. Jets finish at 12-4 and Vikings finish at 13-3. In the end, Favre ends his second consecutive season with an interception as the Jets seal the deal and win 24-17.

2. LeSean McCoy finishes inside the Top 10 RBs as he posts season totals of 1100 rush yards, 55 rec and 500 rec yards to go along with 9 TDs

3. From a fantasy WR perspective, Randy Moss, looking for his last big contract, returns to fantasy dominance as he posts 85 rec 1450yds and 18TDs.

4. Lions finish at 7-9, as NFC North proves to be toughest conference in football

5. Offensive ROY is Jahvid Best

6. Top 5 RBs: Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Jammal Charles, Frank Gore, Rashard Mendenhall

7. Top 5 QBs: Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Tom Brady, Matt Schaub, Drew Brees

8. Top 5 WRs: Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Miles Austin, Santana Moss

9. Greene, Tomlinson, and McKnight combine to form the league's top rushing attack

10. Lendale White becomes fantasy relevant with the Denver Broncos

In the end, Favre ends his second consecutive season with an interception as the Jets seal the deal and win 24-17.

4th consecutive season. He ended the 2007 season with a pick against the Giants in OT in the NFC Championship, and the 2008 season with a pick late in the game against the Dolphins with the division title on the line.

1. Jamaal Charles will finish with 2,000 all-purpose yards

2. Kevin Kolb will throw 30 TDs

3. Calvin Johnson will be the top WR - 1500 yards and 16 TDs

4. Beanie Wells will score 15 TDs

5. Jermichael Finley will score 12 TDs

6. Joseph Addai will rush for 1200 yards

7. Vincent Jackson will play in Week 4

8. The Jets will miss the playoffs

9. The Vikings will miss the playoffs

10. The Dolphins will make the playoffs

I'll play:

1. Pierre Thomas is a top 10 fantasy RB at season's end.

2. Ryan Mathews struggles, Sproles leads Chargers RBs.

3. Kolb struggles, Vick starts at least 6 games in 2010.

4. Aaron Rodgers totals 35+ TDs passing and rushing, but finishes 2nd to Brady in fantasy points.

5. Adrian Peterson catches 50+ passes, and is top RB.

6. Larry Fitzgerald is the top scoring fantasy WR.

7. The Jets miss the playoffs.

8. Brandon LeFell goes for 60/800/7.

9. Redskins battle Cowboys for division lead until week 15, but win the wildcard.

10. Saints have mounting injuries, and Falcons win the division.

1. Leftwich starts more games than Rothlisberger due to inury, and PIT doesn't make the playoffs.

2. Terrel Owens catches more balls than C. OchoCinco and A. Bryant, finshes the season with 71 receptions for 985 yards and 9 TDs.

3. Tomas Jones still has enough in the tank to keep J Charles off the field for all goal line work. Charles ends up in the 20th slot for 2010 RB scoring, busting his late 1st or early 2nd round pick.

4. Whitehurst takes over for SEA after Hassle's back goes out again. The Seahawks rally around the free love coaching campfire and finish 10-6, make the playoffs and beat SD in the playoffs.

5. The Saints reinjure Farve's ankle in week 1 and the Vikes go 8-8 with Jackson and miss the playoffs.

I'll play:

I really considered this possibility in my predictions. Something tells me that Kolb won't live up to ADP and Philly will test the waters with Vick by the end of the year.

To piggyback on this, Desean Jackson busts IMO. 800 4-5.

Kolb may struggle, but unless he gets hurt I can't see any possible way that Reid suddenly decides Vick is a smart way to go.

Miami makes it to the Super Bowl (I was going to put the Jets don’t make the playoffs but everyone is projecting that) so the Jets lose to Miami in the AFC Championship. They lose to New Orleans (the New Orleans dynasty has started)

Leon Washington is top 10 in PPR leagues at year’s end (comeback player of the year)

Clinton Portis rushes for 1200, 8 TD’s

Pittsburgh loses twice to Cincinnati (again)

Johnny Knox is top 10 WR at year’s end

Derek Anderson starts more games than Matt Leinart

Lions finish the year with a winning record.

My 2010 Predictions:

1. Frank Gore is the top RB with 2400 total yards and 18tds...and doesnt miss a game :shocking:

2. Knox and Bowe top 10 WR, Ochocinco and TO both top 20 WR, Jacoby & James Jones top 30 WR

3. Welker is a bust and EDELMAN is the late round steal!

4. Michael Bush and Ahmad Bradshaw are top 10 RB's

5. Vernon Davis wont crack top 8 TE

6. Colts vs Packers Superbowl ::: Colts 35 def Packers 24

1. Detroit Lions and Oakland Raiders make big strides and are no longer the joke franchises of the league.

2. Desean Jackson fails to finish a top 20 WR (fftoday's #7WR).

3. Dwayne Bowe finishes top 12 WR (fftoday's #23WR).

4. Pierre Thomas finishes top 7 RB (fftoday's #17RB).

4. Whitehurst takes over for SEA after Hassle's back goes out again. The Seahawks rally around the free love coaching campfire and finish 10-6, make the playoffs and beat SD in the playoffs.

I can see Whitehurst taking over the QB gig but the only way the Seahawks beat the Chargers is in the superbowl. Maybe you meant San Francisco?

I can see Whitehurst taking over the QB gig but the only way the Seahawks beat the Chargers is in the superbowl. Maybe you meant San Francisco?

You are correct Doc, I meant SEA beats SF rather than SD in the playoffs. Appreciate your helping hand.

I also predict I will make more posts under the influence...

1. New York Jets over Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl

2. 49ers make playoffs

3. Raiders finish .500

4. Tomlinson finishes the year with more total yards than Shonn Greene

5. Jahvid Best wins O-ROY

6. Malcom Floyd will be a top 10 WR

7. Mike Thomas finishes as the top WR in Jax

8. Derrick Mason is the top WR in Baltimore

9. Tim Hightower outproduces Beanie Wells

10. Eddie Royal is closer to 2008 than 2009

In terms of fantasy predictions alone, I'll place these ten predictions:

1) Miles Austin will not be in the top 10 WR's in terms of scoring

2) Terrell Owens will be fantasy relevant, particularly in PPR leagues, amassing 60 catches this season

3) DeAngelo Williams will play a full 16 games, and be a top 5 RB

4) Neither Tom Brady nor Phillip Rivers will be top 5 QBs

5) Clinton Portis will rush for over 1000 yards, and miss time due to injury

6) Dustin Keller will outperform, and subsequently outscore, Tony Gonzalez

7) Jeremy Maclin will have more yards receiving than DeSean Jackson

8) Jamaal Charles will rush for 1,500 yards

9) Joseph Addai will top 1,000 yards rushing again

10) Derrick Mason will have more catches than Anquan Boldin

Kolb may struggle, but unless he gets hurt I can't see any possible way that Reid suddenly decides Vick is a smart way to go.

I think it's a move that Reid may get forced into by the end of the season whether he wants to or not. If Kolb isn't the answer, at least this year, they would have to see if Vick has anything for them to consider in 2011 and beyond.

Having said that, Vick isn't going to get it done either.

2010 Fearless Predictions:

3. James Jones finally overtakes Donald Driver either by injury or performance and posts top 25 WR #s. I've had my eye on this guy for awhile and he's just a playmaker waiting to happen.

After signing Donald Driver to a two year extension, one of my predictions may already be imploding. <_< An extension?!! I did not see that coming.

I tried to get Whitehurst in my dynasty league rookie/fa draft and missed. :wall: The potential is there.

P. Garcon will begin to overtake Reggie Wayne as the number 1 WR in the Colts offense by the season's end.

P. Garcon will begin to overtake Reggie Wayne as the number 1 WR in the Colts offense by the season's end.

If it happens, it will be subtle, because I think Wayne has a lot left in the tank and Manning spreads the ball around so much.

1. Patriots win the AFC East again (apparently this qualifies as a fearless prediction these days)

2. Colts don't make the playoffs

3. Steelers win the AFC North

4. Texans win the AFC South

5. Washington Redskins make it to the Superbowl :shocking:

6. Tom Brady is #1 FF QB, Jamaal Charles is #1 FF RB, and Greg Jennings is #1 FF WR

Packers fan here.

I think IF Driver falls off, the jump in stats will be from Finley. Driver is more of a move the chains guy and Finley is primed to break out and has all the tools. I think his stats depend a lot on if Rodgers is confident in him and looks to him. Rodgers spreads the balla round so well, Packers WR/TEs are up and down from week to week.

I like Jones when Driver finally is pushed to the 3rd BEFORE the season starts. But I feel no reason other than 1 extra year of age why Driver won't do well again. I think he can get right around 1000 yards, but feel if he doesn't it will be Finley cutting into his looks rather than Jones.

I feel GB could have 3 1000 yard WRs. Jennings, Driver barley, and Finley barley.

I'll take a poke at this, mostly so that I can get a good laugh about how poorly I prognosticate a year from now...some are obviously more "bold" than others...

1. Tim Hightower ends the season outscoring Beanie Wells

2. Golden Tate leads all Seahawks receivers in receptions and yards, putting up top 30 fantasy numbers in the process. He enters next season as a consensus top 20 Wr.

3. Jeremy Maclin outproduces Desean Jackson in both receptions and receiving yardage

4. Reggie Bush scores the most total Tds of any back in New Orleans and ends the season as a top 15 Rb

5. Jay Cutler ends the year as the #4 Qb behind Manning, Brees and Brady

6. Pierre Garcon outproduces Reggie Wayne (same prediction made by another poster as well, but, I could see this happening...)

7. Ryan Torrain will lead the Redskins in rushing yardage and RB fantasy points

8. Michael Bush ends the season as a top 10 Rb

9. The Broncos leading receiver (Jabar Gaffney) ends the season with more receptions than Brandon Marshall

10. Michael Crabtree ends the season with 90+ catches for 1100 yards and 9 tds---he enters next season as a consensus top 5 Wr.

1. Owen Daniels will be a top-3 TE this season.

2. Philly TEAM QB will be the #1 TEAM QB this season.

3. Cutler will be in the top 3 QBs this season.

4. T.O. will catch 10 TDs this season.

5. Ryan Matthews AND Shonn Greene will be top-5 RBs this season.

6. Frank Gore will finish outside the top-10 RBs

7. Antonio Gates will finish outside the top-5 TEs

8. Larry Fitzgerald will finish outside the top-15 WRs

1. Roy Williams finishes second for Dallas in receptions

2. Shonn Greene leads the AFC in rushing yards

3. CJ Spiller is ROY

4. Patriots win 8 games or less

5. Matt Moore finishes Top 12 Fantasy QB

6. Packers over Bengals in Superbowl

1. The Saints do not make the playoffs.

2. Shanahan and McNabb do amazing things this year. I don't quite know what, but they'll figure something out.

3. Maurice Jones-Drew does not finish in the top five running backs.

4. Green Bay Packers reach the Super Bowl.

5. Mike Williams receives 5 touchdowns and 900 yards.

6. Dennis Dixon plays great, and proves he is starting material.

7. Denver finishes last in the AFC West.

8. Kolb goes down in the middle of the season and Michael Vick has to start a few games.

9. Westbrook has a decent year and rushes for 600 yards and 6 touchdowns.

10. Terrell Owens has more yards than Ochocinco.