Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Foster

he looks great right now and hes being used in all aspects of the game, 4 catches so far as well. My draft is opening night which sucks, I was hoping to get this guy as a 6th rounder, but now I am pretty sure hes a 4th rounder at the lowest.

in my keeper league I really want to take him tomorrow but I already have Schaub and Andre, making it tough

Already own him in all my leagues.....value was outstanding.

Maybe when i got all mad and took him in the 5th round wasnt such a bad thing :unsure:

You are correct. Foster is the man in Houston. I can see him getting at least 100 total yards per game for the season. Also throw in 12 to 14 td's. Those numbers say he should be going in the first.

I don't know why he is going in the 4th or 5th??

My draft is next weekend and I have been targeting him as a high RB2 on my boards (PPR league). Please let's keep the chatter down on him.

Sure hope FFT doesn't adjust their cheat sheets on him before next weekend.

Seriously, I didn't expect to get him on a steal tomorrow, but right now I'm looking to pay $20-25 for this guy, and ESPN had him at $12 this morning. I was REALLY hoping to get him closer to $15-18 *sigh*

I am drafting in the 12 hole and I am thinking of reaching for him at 4.1. I have targeted him in @ 5.12, but I heard a buddy talking how he really wants him.

I really like foster this year. he looks good and is playing on a good O, thats a plus.

your you all reach for him at 4.1?

Looks like Slaton might have Turf Toe. Make Foster a #1 Rb now. he will be the only thing they got there.

Steve Slaton - RB - Texans

Steve Slaton left Saturday's game against the Cowboys with a foot injury.

Slaton returned from the locker room in shorts and said he'd be fine. NFL Network is calling it a turf toe injury, though, and he's not expected to play in the preseason finale. Turf toe injuries are known to linger depending on the severity, so Slaton is no sure bet to be ready for the opener. He's only draftable as a "handcuff" to Arian Foster at this point.

Aug. 29 - 12:13 a.m. ET

Foster looked real good tonight. Really, the entire Texans' offense looked good: Schaub, AJ, Foster, and especially their OL. As a Titans' fan, I hate to say it but the Texans look like serious, serious playoff contenders (if they can stay healthy).

To me, Foster looks like a 1200 yard / 10 TD type guy -- definitely worthy of a 3rd-4th round pick.

:dunno:

I live in DFW, which means all the Cowboy honks in my league were watching dude's performance last night. By the way, Dallas was uninspired to say the least. Anyway, one guy at the card table kept looking over at the TV and saying, "This Forster guy looks pretty good." All I could do was come back with the 'He's a journeyman, this is only pre-season' line... We draft tonight. All I needed was more more night.

I live in DFW, which means all the Cowboy honks in my league were watching dude's performance last night. By the way, Dallas was uninspired to say the least. Anyway, one guy at the card table kept looking over at the TV and saying, "This Forster guy looks pretty good." All I could do was come back with the 'He's a journeyman, this is only pre-season' line... We draft tonight. All I needed was more more night.

Drafted him in my $$ league on August 14th in the 13th Round...after Tate and Slaton were selected...shortly after our draft we found out about Tate's injury....looking like a good value for me !!

Seriously, I didn't expect to get him on a steal tomorrow, but right now I'm looking to pay $20-25 for this guy, and ESPN had him at $12 this morning. I was REALLY hoping to get him closer to $15-18 *sigh*

My Auction/Keeper ($200 cap) league draft was last week and I got him for $14 as my #3 RB. I also paid $14 for Ahmad Bradshaw as my #4 RB. Both of which I thought were very good values. However if we had our draft this week like we normally do, then I don't think there is any way that I pay less than $20 for Foster.

Yeah, I guess I'm saving my money for the guy. $25 seems a bit steep, or I guess did seem a bit steep. Maybe I won't have to shell that out if he doesn't get nominated til late. Still, I know there are a couple savvy owners who will also be watching him late. Must remain disciplined so I have the money late to get him.

Last month in my salary cap dynasty league I traded Sidney rice and my fifth round pick in next year rookie draft for foster and the dudes 3rd. Not only did i get $55 worth of salary cap room i got a hell of a player. Other people in the league said I got screwed and I just said wait until the year starts. Now foster looks like the man in houston and Rice is out for at least half a year.

Just finished my competitive league auction draft, $200 cap, spent $19 on him as my RB4. It killed my budget at the point in the draft, so here's hoping!!

Looks like Slaton might have Turf Toe. Make Foster a #1 Rb now. he will be the only thing they got there.

Steve Slaton - RB - Texans

Steve Slaton left Saturday's game against the Cowboys with a foot injury.

Slaton returned from the locker room in shorts and said he'd be fine. NFL Network is calling it a turf toe injury, though, and he's not expected to play in the preseason finale. Turf toe injuries are known to linger depending on the severity, so Slaton is no sure bet to be ready for the opener. He's only draftable as a "handcuff" to Arian Foster at this point.

Aug. 29 - 12:13 a.m. ET

we all know how turf toe lingers for a while....

horray for a foster and his owners !!!

if you havent drafter yet get him !!!

I took him at 5.05 as my RB2.

All I heard was crickets, very competitive league, but I don't think they really knew what to think when I called his name. Probably like WTF is Foster?

He he he

All I heard was crickets, very competitive league, but I don't think they really knew what to think when I called his name. Probably like WTF is Foster?

He he he

Your league is not competitive..

He he he

Exactly what happened in my league this afternoon, crickets is a good way to put it. Usually they say something! LOL I got Foster at 6.02 and was glad he was still available...I already had Green and Best, but couldn't pass up Foster.

Your league is not competitive..

Middle of 5th round in a 10 team league? It's not like I got him in the 10th.

Foster will be a beast...grab him while you can boys and girls...he's on a high powered offense in a weak-defensive division, with literally no RB competition. Slaton or Jeremiah Johnson will spell him occasionally, but enjoy the fruits of your pick even if you have to reach 2 rounds for him

I don't draft until next week......

Please, for the love of the fantasy gods, let this thread die......... lol.

With Slatons turf toe and Fosters performance lately my FLEX player now looks pretty dam good :headbanger:

With that offense Foster should end up a solid #2 RB :thumbsup:

Middle of 5th round in a 10 team league? It's not like I got him in the 10th.

Our draft was Saturday and Arian Foster was a surprise to no one in our league. He went for $61 ($250 cap) with multiple owners bidding right to the end. I got him and think he'll be a steal at that price.

Foster did look great but a word of caution for everyone. Foster is just 3 fumbles away from losing his job.

Kubiak will not tolerate putting the rock on the carpet more than twice.

I just wish our auction would have been a month ago. I decided that with Slaton as a keeper that Foster was a must-add for me at whatever price. That price probably would have been closer to $20 a month ago rather than $61 Saturday.

Foster did look great but a word of caution for everyone. Foster is just 3 fumbles away from losing his job.

Kubiak will not tolerate putting the rock on the carpet more than twice.

DIRTY SANCHEZ :pointstosky:

Why you always have to be negative?? Yes it seems every Houston RB seems to fumble the ball away and lose his or hers job. With my luck either Foster will fumble the job away or blow out a knee.

I was able to snag him in the 9th! round of our redraft. Slaton & Tate went later in the 9th/10th rounds.

:headbanger:

Here to joining the Arian Nation

:overhead:

I was lucky to get him early. The sheet that we were working from didn't even have him listed.

DIRTY SANCHEZ :pointstosky:

Why you always have to be negative?? Yes it seems every Houston RB seems to fumble the ball away and lose his or hers job. With my luck either Foster will fumble the job away or blow out a knee.

Not really negative but just realistic. I've been bitten by the a$$hat headcoach bug one too many times and guess what?! I picked up C. Portis in round 7 whose headcoach is none other than the orange faced devil himself; Shannahan. :headbang:

Here to joining the Arian Nation

:overhead:

:doh:

I got him in the 8th. :banana:

Am I crazy for having Foster ranked as my #10 RB, ahead of guys like Wells, Grant, DeAngelo and Benson? I mean he's one of the few primary ball carriers on a great offense with a decent to good schedule, right? I am seriously considering taking him if he's avail at 3.9 as my #2 over the guys mentioned above. Pls don't take this as a "should I do this post", bc I already plan on doing it. I just want to know if anyone else is feeling the same way about this guy right now?

I would rank A. Foster as a #1 rb

I would want the following rb's ahead of Foster"

AP

CJ

Rice

MJD

Gore

Turner

Matthews

Grant

The great thing about Foster is his value. You can still get him in the 3rd or 4th round!

The things I like about Foster: No competition, Goal line back, gets receptions, stays in on 3rd down, Plays on a great offense, averaged over 5 yards a carry in the preseason

Am I crazy for having Foster ranked as my #10 RB, ahead of guys like Wells, Grant, DeAngelo and Benson? I mean he's one of the few primary ball carriers on a great offense with a decent to good schedule, right? I am seriously considering taking him if he's avail at 3.9 as my #2 over the guys mentioned above. Pls don't take this as a "should I do this post", bc I already plan on doing it. I just want to know if anyone else is feeling the same way about this guy right now?

I don't think you are crazy. ADP is a useful tool, but it is just that, a tool. You can pretty much throw it out of the window with a guy/situation like Foster. All it takes is one of the three drafters at 10-12 to take him in the 3rd or 4th and you won't get him.

Of course, it depends on how your draft pans out. If you end up with two higher RBs in the first 2 rounds, you might feel that you can afford to wait. More likely, I see you building your draft around this plan and going WR/WR or WR/QB with your first two. A team of, say, Moss, Rodgers/Brees, Foster... would be pretty good.

It's your draft, do what you think is right. :cheers:

From Rotoworld (From Houston Chronicle):

"Beat writer John McClain confirms that Arian Foster will be the Texans' goal-line back and thinks he'll score 10 to 15 touchdowns if he stays healthy.

McClain isn't doing anything to help keep Foster's rapidly soaring average draft position down. He notes that Foster is playing with a chip on his shoulder after going undrafted last season and runs well inside the 5-yard line. The Texans also figure to be in the red zone a ton with that high-powered offense. Foster should be coming off draft boards in the fourth round at the latest right now."

Took him at 3.11 last night, and paired him up with Michael Turner.

I put this up in the help board and got no replies. Maybe I'll have more luck here.

Am I crazy to start him over Shonn Green week 1 in a PPR league? Ive got Greene, Foster, and Mendy.

I dunno, the fourth and especially the third round seems pretty high for a guy who has a whole 2 good games under his belt. I'm still a little worried about Slaton too.