Sign in to follow this  
giantwarrior

Jamaal Charles Owners?

I wonder where I can write to Haley so I can call him a piece of sh!t and then tell him what I really think of him. I wonder if he has a facebook? :ninja:

I'm guessing you've also given up on Ray Rice, MJD, Turner, Gore, SJAX, Greene, and every other RB who hasn't lit the league on fire.

He's had one great game, one not-good game...he's really only being held back by the # of touches. In another few weeks, he could be playing himself into more touches.

T. Jones: 33 carries, 122 yards. 3.7 ypc. 1 catch, 5 yards, 0 TD's.

J. Charles: 22 carries, 141 yards. 6.4 ypc. 2 catches, 35 yards, 1 TD.

Bullsh!t. I don't think I can count how many times in this thread you've argued that..."based on your breakdown" or w/e, that Thomas Jones is a better RB than Jamaal Charles. You tried arguing he's better at finding holes and exploding through them (that's what she said).

So don't back off now and say that you knew Charles was better all along...

We can agree to disagree, first on your "guess" and secondly on your misinterpretation. Saying that Jones reads the blocks and timing better does not make him more talented than Charles, more experienced certainly, but as I have stated numerous times, Charles has more natural physical ability.

I haven't read this thread since page two but it's apparent that Coach Haley has a gameplan. A conservative approach to play good defense, excel on special teams, average 3 yards per carry, and try to limit turnovers. This gameplan has worked in a sloppy field home opener in a new/revamped stadium and against the Cleveland Browns. This gameplan works when you are tied or leading ball games.

However KC's next three games are SF, @Indy, and @Houston. When Coach Haley's team is down double digits his hand will be forced to put the actual playmakers on the field. In other words get ready for the Jamal Charles show. Buy-low

I haven't read this thread since page two but it's apparent that Coach Haley has a gameplan. A conservative approach to play good defense, excel on special teams, average 3 yards per carry, and try to limit turnovers. This gameplan has worked in a sloppy field home opener in a new/revamped stadium and against the Cleveland Browns. This gameplan works when you are tied or leading ball games.

However KC's next three games are SF, @Indy, and @Houston. When Coach Haley's team is down double digits his hand will be forced to put the actual playmakers on the field. In other words get ready for the Jamal Charles show. Buy-low

Makes sense, Charles represents the potential to score quickly, Jones is more of the ball control guy.

Makes sense, Charles represents the potential to score quickly, Jones is more of the ball control guy.

Pretty much. We can argue until we are blue in the face about who we think is the "better runner" or whatever. None of that matters really. Our job is to win fantasy football games and try to guage what the coaching staff is doing with them both. It totally appears that Haley wants a ball control offense, great D, and excel on special teams. That gameplan favors Thomas Jones getting more carries. But the big elephant in the room is that KC (as decenet as they looked) have not played anyone of note away from home. Not to mention the SD game was on a sloppy field.

So as much as T.Jones has played, when KC ever gets down in games it reasons that Charles will get his carries then. And it seems that anytime he gets substantial burn, he does very well.

For Charles owners, I'm seeing it that he is a SIT against the Browns and Oaklands of their schedule, but he is a START against the Colts and Texans on their schedule. It's just my un-expert opinion, but that way you can negate his games like yesterday but still reap the benefits of why you drafted Charles. At least that's the way I'm going to look at him going forward :dunno:

Pretty much. We can argue until we are blue in the face about who we think is the "better runner" or whatever. None of that matters really. Our job is to win fantasy football games and try to guage what the coaching staff is doing with them both. It totally appears that Haley wants a ball control offense, great D, and excel on special teams. That gameplan favors Thomas Jones getting more carries. But the big elephant in the room is that KC (as decenet as they looked) have not played anyone of note away from home. Not to mention the SD game was on a sloppy field.

So as much as T.Jones has played, when KC ever gets down in games it reasons that Charles will get his carries then. And it seems that anytime he gets substantial burn, he does very well.

For Charles owners, I'm seeing it that he is a SIT against the Browns and Oaklands of their schedule, but he is a START against the Colts and Texans on their schedule. It's just my un-expert opinion, but that way you can negate his games like yesterday but still reap the benefits of why you drafted Charles. At least that's the way I'm going to look at him going forward :dunno:

Agree. This is one of those situations that puts people such as ourselves in uncomfortable situations. You hope you make the right call as to whether or not KC is going to likely control the clock, or play for their lives....

I like what KSB is saying, but let's separate philosophy from idiocy.

When Jerious Norwood was the greatest thing since sliced bread, we had this debate. The difference was that the Falcons actually controlled the clock with their clock-control runners. AND the offensive line was something pretty special for that team. And the QB kinda scared people. The point is that there were other factors that gave credence to Norwood's benching, frustrating though it was to see a talent unused. When they got Michael Turner, it was clear that he brought a better package to the table, and ought to be used, given Atlanta's plan. No problem.

Fast forward . . . here we are again. Except that none of that washes.

Ball control offense - 27:52. Wow. As a defensive player, I'm feeling great about this "philosophy."

You're right . . . we're just supposed to figure it out. So start with the foundation - Haley is retarded, and obviously has an agenda that goes beyond football and gameplanning.

I like what KSB is saying, but let's separate philosophy from idiocy.

When Jerious Norwood was the greatest thing since sliced bread, we had this debate. The difference was that the Falcons actually controlled the clock with their clock-control runners. AND the offensive line was something pretty special for that team. And the QB kinda scared people. The point is that there were other factors that gave credence to Norwood's benching, frustrating though it was to see a talent unused. When they got Michael Turner, it was clear that he brought a better package to the table, and ought to be used, given Atlanta's plan. No problem.

Fast forward . . . here we are again. Except that none of that washes.

Ball control offense - 27:52. Wow. As a defensive player, I'm feeling great about this "philosophy."

You're right . . . we're just supposed to figure it out. So start with the foundation - Haley is retarded, and obviously has an agenda that goes beyond football and gameplanning.

Yes.....Haley is retarded, another Bellicheat guy strolling into an organization and making all the wrong choices.

There are two T-Shirts I desperately want. One is the famous fftoday t-shirt. The other is black with large bold white lettering on the front that says: FREE JAMAAL!

Our job is to win fantasy football games...

Not to make light of a healthy and intelligent debate and not to pick on you KSB, as think you're one in this thread who is making it healthy/intelligent.

But the thing is it's 'our hobby to win fantasy football games', not our job.

It is however Haley's and his coaching staff's job to win games...which he's done to this point.

We can rationalize all we want about the 'better runne'r, who 'fits offense', who is ultimately' better back there', but come on guys, let's face it...I doubt any who are pro-Charles in this thread are exclusively Chiefs fans and concerned solely with Chiefs winning or losing.

Only that we drafted Charles and he's not getting touches many expected...isn't this what this thread is all about?

Only that we drafted Charles and he's not getting touches many expected...isn't this what this thread is all about?

Thanks for clarifying that fantasy football is a hobby and not my/our main source of income. :unsure:

But back to the thread. I think the main point from Charles owners, and even football fans who don't own Charles but watch the games, is more to the point that we've seen Charles...ummmm...play. It seems every time we watch him play he is electric. Every time he gets more than 15 carries he averages like 120 yards. We see it. Therefore it's hard for us to understand how the coaching staff doesn't see it either when it's that obvious. It would be like two years ago if Jeff Fisher kept starting LeDale White every game to grind it out while Chris Johnson sat and got 10 carries a game. Even if the Titans were grinding out victories from there special teams and D, it would drive some fans nuts to know such a dynamic talent is boxed up/wasted. That's all. :dunno:

Not to make light of a healthy and intelligent debate and not to pick on you KSB, as think you're one in this thread who is making it healthy/intelligent.

But the thing is it's 'our hobby to win fantasy football games', not our job.

It is however Haley's and his coaching staff's job to win games...which he's done to this point.

We can rationalize all we want about the 'better runne'r, who 'fits offense', who is ultimately' better back there', but come on guys, let's face it...I doubt any who are pro-Charles in this thread are exclusively Chiefs fans and concerned solely with Chiefs winning or losing.

I agree with everything except the only. I'm not a Chiefs' fan, per se. I am a Charles' owner. I do want to see him get more carries. But here's the thing . . . the debate in this thread has gone so far beyond that.

Yes, the Chiefs are winning games. But not because of an offensive game plan (phrase used loosely), but because of defense and special teams. But let's get this out of my hands, because my motives are questionable in my denunciation of Haley.

Chiefs' fans are bewildered as to why Charles isn't getting more playing time. Even the ones who don't care so long as they win are as tempered as "I get Jones starting, but not getting Charles more involved in the game doesn't make sense." You should go to their boards and look at their comments - those with no vested fantasy interest. The KC beat writers - and the beat writers tend to have a 'feel' for what's going on - can't figure out what's going through Haley's head regarding the lack of use of Charles. The questions consistently asked are geared to Charles' playing time and Cassel as a starting QB, and both get linked to Pioli and Haley, and questioning the direction towards one and away from the other. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the beat writers aren't looking at the fantasy perspective in their frustration.

Anyone in this thread, or on this board, with a modicum of football knowledge, knows that the Chiefs cannot keep winning playing the garbage offense they're spewing right now. Their defense is better than hoped for, but they will not be confused with the 2000 Ravens - the last team to go far without an offense. A defense that carries its team - and the offense - wears it as a badge of pride, until they lose. Then they simply become ticked that the offense can't pull any weight.

By the way, Cleveland was 31st defensively last year. KC should be tickled pink by that stellar performance to show off Haley's prowess.

At some point, someone higher up in the organization has to look at the same numbers and question the emotional insecurity of a coach who petulantly sits a player that has proven he can change defensive game plans. But perhaps when they lose their next three, it will start to rattle a little bit.

Thanks for clarifying that fantasy football is a hobby and not my/our main source of income. :unsure:

But back to the thread. I think the main point from Charles owners, and even football fans who don't own Charles but watch the games, is more to the point that we've seen Charles...ummmm...play. It seems every time we watch him play he is electric. Every time he gets more than 15 carries he averages like 120 yards. We see it. Therefore it's hard for us to understand how the coaching staff doesn't see it either when it's that obvious. It would be like two years ago if Jeff Fisher kept starting LeDale White every game to grind it out while Chris Johnson sat and got 10 carries a game. Even if the Titans were grinding out victories from there special teams and D, it would drive some fans nuts to know such a dynamic talent is boxed up/wasted. That's all. :dunno:

Again my reference to hobby wasn't so much aimed at you; but just trying to put into context how serious some are taking the Chiefs RB situation and FF in general.

And all valid pts KSB; my point is though that's all true, don't think this thread would have gone on for 4 pages for just those reasons alone; likely more, at least stemming from, frustrated Charles owners.

We can agree to disagree, first on your "guess" and secondly on your misinterpretation. Saying that Jones reads the blocks and timing better does not make him more talented than Charles, more experienced certainly, but as I have stated numerous times, Charles has more natural physical ability.

Look - I enjoy a lot of your posts, in fact just this morning I praised one of your posts regarding Baltimore's offense...But you are completely turning against your word in this thread...

"Jones is clearly the back with better vision and understanding of reading the blocks and play pace, a fact apparently the coaches have recognized as well. Charles may or may not figure it out, given time. But right now i would play Jones over him on his sheer ability to individually exploit the opportunities his team is able to provide...That is my opinion as to why Jones is the better RB"

"and I think Jones is simply better at reading, finding and hitting the holes....JMHO"

"and I will be right.....once again....because Jones IS the better RB...Because Jones outplayed him"

Those are just some of your comments from this thread comparing Jones & Charles. Now you're saying everyone knows Charles is better (more talented) - but Haley is the reason why his fantasy value isn't higher.

I agree Haley is the reason why Charles' value isn't higher, and the major reason why Thomas Jones is seeing 15-20 touches per game while Charles gets 10. But that is/was clearly not your argument against Charles, or for Jones...coming into the season. In fact, after reading through this thread quickly, I didn't see one post from you citing Haley as a major detriment to Charles' value before the season started.

If you want to stand by your original assessment, then admit that you still think Thomas Jones is a better back. Can you honestly do that?

Look - I enjoy a lot of your posts, in fact just this morning I praised one of your posts regarding Baltimore's offense...But you are completely turning against your word in this thread...

"Jones is clearly the back with better vision and understanding of reading the blocks and play pace, a fact apparently the coaches have recognized as well. Charles may or may not figure it out, given time. But right now i would play Jones over him on his sheer ability to individually exploit the opportunities his team is able to provide...That is my opinion as to why Jones is the better RB"

"and I think Jones is simply better at reading, finding and hitting the holes....JMHO"

"and I will be right.....once again....because Jones IS the better RB...Because Jones outplayed him"

Those are just some of your comments from this thread comparing Jones & Charles. Now you're saying everyone knows Charles is better (more talented) - but Haley is the reason why his fantasy value isn't higher.

I agree Haley is the reason why Charles' value isn't higher, and the major reason why Thomas Jones is seeing 15-20 touches per game while Charles gets 10. But that is/was clearly not your argument against Charles, or for Jones...coming into the season. In fact, after reading through this thread quickly, I didn't see one post from you citing Haley as a major detriment to Charles' value before the season started.

If you want to stand by your original assessment, then admit that you still think Thomas Jones is a better back. Can you honestly do that?

Thanks for re-posting my statements so I didn't have to. While I have clearly outlined why i think Jones is the better back, and you and i clearly do not agree on this topic, at least you know how to present an argument.

I can honestly stand by my assessment that Jones is a better RB, not that he is the more talented one, but simply the better one. I think Haley is not allowing Charles to fulfill his best role as play maker, but is actually misusing both on occasion. Regardless, Haley's misuse is part of the larger issue, but not a factor in the simple fact that Jones is the better RB IMHO.

:)

Thanks for re-posting my statements so I didn't have to. While I have clearly outlined why i think Jones is the better back, and you and i clearly do not agree on this topic, at least you know how to present an argument.

I can honestly stand by my assessment that Jones is a better RB, not that he is the more talented one, but simply the better one. I think Haley is not allowing Charles to fulfill his best role as play maker, but is actually misusing both on occasion. Regardless, Haley's misuse is part of the larger issue, but not a factor in the simple fact that Jones is the better RB IMHO.

:)

I'm just curious what you consider "better". You've admitted that Charles is more talented. I know you've stated Jones is better at reading/hitting the hole, etc. But wouldn't that lead to "better" stats, running behind the same OLine?

Afterall, when you're grading RB's...yards/ypc, pass-catching, blitz pick-up, etc. are the most important things.

I'm just confused why Jones still looks the part of a better RB than Charles, when Charles has so clearly out-played him.

I'm just curious what you consider "better". You've admitted that Charles is more talented. I know you've stated Jones is better at reading/hitting the hole, etc. But wouldn't that lead to "better" stats, running behind the same OLine?

Afterall, when you're grading RB's...yards/ypc, pass-catching, blitz pick-up, etc. are the most important things.

I'm just confused why Jones still looks the part of a better RB than Charles, when Charles has so clearly out-played him.

I was wondering when you would get to that point. :D

I find that Jones is a better "fit" for the offense in order to allow for sustained drives and ultimately control the clock. He give the offense what Charles cannot, reliability. I find that his ability to operate within the offense in order to exploit those small opportunities to grind out yards make him a superior running back. Charles is great for the big play, but not as an every down #1 RB.

That is not to say he cannot develop into one, he simply does not have the experience to understand what it takes to be an every down NFL RB....yet.....until then Jones will continue to outplay him and get more touches. Hopefully Charles is watching game tape, talking to Jones and learning.

Don't allow the stats to be your only measure, assessing NFL talent takes more than reviewing numbers. Take heart in that over the next 3 games Charles will get more touches, he has to....

i dont think there is anyone here who can, with a straight face, claim that Jones is the better back.

just watch them play. Jones plods. He may eventually get a 7 yarder but that will be combined with a bunch of 2 yards carries or stuffs.

unfortunately the Chiefs are 2-0 and things are unlikely to change. But when the defense doesn't win the game for them, i think they will realize they need to give the ball to the more explosive player.

Charles is the type of back who should be getting 15 carries and 5 receptions minimum. And it seems painfully obvious to everyone but the Chiefs coaching staff.

Jones may be better picking up the blitz, but thats really about it. And i know he brings leadership...

until then Jones will continue to outplay him and get more touches Hopefully Charles is watching game tape, talking to Jones and learning.

Jones has yet to even come close to outplaying Charles. just watch them.

Jones has yet to even come close to outplaying Charles. just watch them.

Sometimes we see differently. :cheers:

Charles is the type of back who should be getting 15 carries and 5 receptions minimum. And it seems painfully obvious to everyone but the Chiefs coaching staff.

He will, but be patient, he just isn't there yet, given time he will improve in the areas he needs to in order to assert himself. I can see him slowly adjusting, he just needs time and patience......

:thumbsup:

I was wondering when you would get to that point. :D

I find that Jones is a better "fit" for the offense in order to allow for sustained drives and ultimately control the clock. He give the offense what Charles cannot, reliability. I find that his ability to operate within the offense in order to exploit those small opportunities to grind out yards make him a superior running back. Charles is great for the big play, but not as an every down #1 RB.

That is not to say he cannot develop into one, he simply does not have the experience to understand what it takes to be an every down NFL RB....yet.....until then Jones will continue to outplay him and get more touches. Hopefully Charles is watching game tape, talking to Jones and learning.

Don't allow the stats to be your only measure, assessing NFL talent takes more than reviewing numbers. Take heart in that over the next 3 games Charles will get more touches, he has to....

I understand what you are saying...but it's not like Charles is strictly a HR threat. Even if he was - he's awfully darn good at it. You can't say Chris Johnson isn't one of the elite RB's because he relies on the big play.

Even if you take away his 56 yard TD run in week 1 - he's still averaging 4.05 ypc...About 1/3 of a yard more than Jones.

And stats are definitely not my only measure. Jones definitely is reliable - he holds onto the ball, he's an ultimate professional, doesn't screw anything up...Charles? Electrifying. The quickest player on the field. Gets up to full speed a step or two quicker than any other player on the field. Makes people miss in the open field. Can get his hands dirty and fight for extra yards. Catches the ball EXTREMELY well out of the backfield.

And what do you mean Jones will continue to outplay him? WHEN HAS HE DONE THIS?!?!!?!?!? So far in both games, Charles not only looks like the fresher, more explosive RB, but he's averaged more ypc, scored the only TD, and caught the ball well out of the backfield. How has Jones outplayed him?

And with all this "disappointment" to the start of the season for Charles...and such a lack of opportunity, he's the 15th ranked RB in my Yahoo league. He's on pace for 1128 rushing yards 8 TD's, and another 280 receiving yards.

I submit that Jones has shown himself, to me and the coaching staff, as the better RB option. Charles, given time, will continue his development and emerge as the clear #1 eventually.

Not sure why you seem to make this so personal, its just "business", I like to win and would encourage others to make good judgments.

You may not like or agree with me, but does that really matter? If you have him on your roster then you should play him over the next three games before his dips again.

Emmitt Smith may still have the same level of field vision he did in his playing days, but that doesn't mean he should be a starting RB. Jones doesn't have the explosiveness or speed required to make plays despite a pretty average o-line. He had an excellent line on the Jets and did really well in that system. It's a very different scenario in KC. I expected something along the lines of the Chris Johnson/LenDale White situation this year, with Jones getting 8-10 touches a game. Jones has a place in a gameplan, his 3.7 YPA is respectable, but it's not close to Charles' (6.4) and Jones' longest play of the season so far is a whopping 11 yards.

Sometimes we see differently. :cheers:

what i have seen out of Jones in weeks 1 and 2 (sadly i watched some of the game against Cleveland) is exactly what I saw from him the past few years in NY. Straight forward with a lack of true explosion. Only now, he doesn't benefit from the Jets offensive line.

is TJ a hard runner? yep, and he has a ton of heart and is great in blitz pickup. But Charles looks like the better back with much better vision and burst.

He reminds me of another Bellicheat protege in Denver who has also shown an ability to be a bonehead.....:thumbsup:

...and same goes for Mangina in Cleveland. There was a great article in Sports Illustrated, some time in the past couple seasons, about how out of touch these coaches are with today's NFL players. They scream, throw tantrums, and treat these professional athletes like slaves. Haley is notorious for going off on his players like a whiny ##### for the smallest offenses.

As for Charles, and the Chiefs, it's all defense so far and that gives Haley the false claim "his way" is working. Cassel sucks, Jones sucks, O-line sucks, playcalling sucks, and Charles is their only true scoring threat. But Haley won't let him on the field so long as their defense continues to bail them out week after week.

Didn't see this quote in the thread, but per CBS Sportsline referencing a quote Jamaal gave to the Kansas City Star ...

Charles admitted to the Kansas City Star that he's the backup to Jones. “I don’t have any complaints,” he said. “Hey, man, as long as we win games around here, it doesn’t matter to me.” Head coach Todd Haley dodged questions about Charles' role on the team, saying only that the team has "a clear-cut plan for how we want to start the game, how we want to do things.”

I submit that Jones has shown himself, to me and the coaching staff, as the better RB option. Charles, given time, will continue his development and emerge as the clear #1 eventually.

Not sure why you seem to make this so personal, its just "business", I like to win and would encourage others to make good judgments.

You may not like or agree with me, but does that really matter? If you have him on your roster then you should play him over the next three games before his dips again.

But you insisting that Thomas Jones is a better RB than Jamaal Charles is like saying Jake Delhomme is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers.

The eye test sure doesn't support your evidence, nor do the stats. But Delhomme has been in the league longer, and Rodgers may still be learning the position, so Delhomme is better :rolleyes:

This situation kind of reminds me of a scene in the show Playmakers. I think the veteran running back's name was Leon. He was still productive but had lost a step and holes closed before they used to and he didn't break the long runs he used to. That's Thomas Jones.

Again, anybody with any kind of football sense can watch Charles and Jones in these games and see Charles is BY FAR the better back and makes KC a better team than with Jones. I keep coming across this "Haley's winning and so he must be doing the right thing" comments. This is a completely rediculous assumption. The fact of the matter is, winning masks over a team's problems. I've seen coaches on all different levels stubbornly play "their" guys, or stay loyal to a veteran player, even if the team is worse off. Then, when the team wins, it re-affirms to the coach that they are making the right decision. KC's defense is winning these games and the offense is doing just enough. I'd go so far as to say if Charles was getting the bulk of the carries KC would be winning these games more easily. Once KC starts playing better offensive teams and are forced to score then all the problems the team has, and the poor decisions Haley has made are going to come home to roost.

Yeah, it makes a buttload of sense to keep the only guy on your team capable of scoring touchdowns mired on your bench except for 10 plays a game behind a plodding WR who wore out last year behind an offensive line that was 3x as good as this one. well done...

I am considering making a play for him in 2 leagues I don't own him.

**** Haley, they play San Fran. this week and if he's going to get a wakeup call about Charles, this will be it.

What are you other CJIII2.0 owners thinking?

What are you other CJIII2.0 owners thinking?

I said this in the other thread, but this is what I am thinking: I drafted him at #31 expecting decent production with massive upside, and that's exactly what I've got so far. The only RBs drafted ahead of him in my league that have outscored him thus far are CJ, AP, Gore, and Mendy. He was the 16th RB off the board and so far he is the 15th scoring RB.

I also ended up with TJ (fell to me in the 9th at #102), but I can't really imagine a scenario where I would start him over Charles. I expect Charles to continue to outperform him, and if Charles ever starts getting the 20 touches a game, my team is going to be lights out.

Again, anybody with any kind of football sense can watch Charles and Jones in these games and see Charles is BY FAR the better back and makes KC a better team than with Jones. I keep coming across this "Haley's winning and so he must be doing the right thing" comments. This is a completely rediculous assumption. The fact of the matter is, winning masks over a team's problems. I've seen coaches on all different levels stubbornly play "their" guys, or stay loyal to a veteran player, even if the team is worse off. Then, when the team wins, it re-affirms to the coach that they are making the right decision. KC's defense is winning these games and the offense is doing just enough. I'd go so far as to say if Charles was getting the bulk of the carries KC would be winning these games more easily. Once KC starts playing better offensive teams and are forced to score then all the problems the team has, and the poor decisions Haley has made are going to come home to roost.

Except of course for the coaches.....:D

I guess it'd be differnt if everything that is actually happening supported the deepest desires of those who own him......:doh:

Oh and one last thing - we all knew TJ was on the depth chart as the starter, and that he was going to get a lot of the touches. That is the WHOLE REASON you could get Charles in the third round! He would have been going in the 1st if he was declared to be the full time back.

Going into the 5th week, where is J. Charles?

About the same place T. Jones is right now.

So far I see that people overpaid for J. Charles and got value for their 12th round T. Jones pick.

Everyone right now is probably trippin because Charles only has 1 TD so far.

Going into the 5th week, where is J. Charles?

About the same place T. Jones is right now.

So far I see that people overpaid for J. Charles and got value for their 12th round T. Jones pick.

He'll be fine. Knowing what I know now, I'd have taken him a round later. But it doesn't make Thomas Jones a good pick (unless you're in a deep 14 team league).

He give the offense what Charles cannot, reliability. =

7.0 yards per carry is pretty focking reliable if you ask me!

I don't think that many are concerned with Charles having 1 TD in 3 games, in a time share.

I think the people who spent first rounders on MJD, Rice, Gore, Turner are probably more concerned that they have 1 TD (0 for Rice), in 4 games, and they're all pretty much feature backs. If you took a RB in the first and it wasn't AP or CJ, you're probably hurting more than someone who spent a late second or early third reaching on Charles.

Just shows how unpredictable this game can be.

He will, but be patient, he just isn't there yet, given time he will improve in the areas he needs to in order to assert himself. I can see him slowly adjusting, he just needs time and patience......

:thumbsup:

What the fock do you mean he isn't there yet? Last year he started the final 9 games of the year and averaged 111 yards rushing in each of those games. He rushed for 1004 yards in that timespan. He also scored 8 touchdowns in those 9 games. So what the fock are you talking about, 'he will'? He obviously can and did. He does every time he touches the ball. You have no argument against him whatsoever. He proved last year what he can do as the RB1 and this year in the little action he's had, he's shown he's the same beast. Period. Anyone that thinks, at this point in their careers, Thomas Jones is a better running back, they're a focking idiot.