Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Jahvid Best Watch

He's an animal on turf. He'll have a few games where he's 17-35, but he's a big play waiting to happen and should not be benched, regardless of matchup.

I wasn't quite sure what to make of him after last week but it looks like he is going to be ELECTRIC on turf.

:pointstosky:

I'm not sure that the Eagles just aren't making him look good right now.

best = BEAST

Glad I didn't listen to all of those "experts" who said to bench him this week.

GO LIONS!

Benched him 4 minutes before kickoff :bench:

:wall:

Jahvid doing his Best CJ2K impresonation. :pointstosky:

here's my problem every week..my backs are

Gore

Arian Foster

Jahvid Best

Ahmad Bradshaw

this week benched Best for Bradshaw considering what Foster did to the Colts last week, he better step up!

Looks like Best is going to be a start/bench based on whether he is indoors on turf or outdoors.

It's not about that.....If Jahvid gets in space he will destroy the opponent on grass,turf,dirt...whatever he has world class speed and tremendous football/field vision :cheers:

I got to start him over Charles from now on unfortunately.

At least Detroit will feed Best the ball.

Benched him and played J. Stew figuring Carolina would run all over Tampa Bay. -26 points at this juncture.

I think you got what you deserved. I imagine that their relative draft position factored into the decision?

I think you got what you deserved. I imagine that their relative draft position factored into the decision?

A little but mainly it was the remembrance of last year's performance combined with Philly DEF vs backup QB. I confessed my sins and gave myself my first F.U. of the week.

I started him last week over Foster, and this week I benched him and Foster for Turner and DWill. The Turner game was just unlucky with the injury, but DWill is a disappointment. I'll be starting Best or Foster over DWill from now on.

he's putting foster's game last week to shame!

Funny; I told the guy in my league who benched Foster last week that 40 points on his bench would be tough to top if at all. It only took 1 week by yours truly to top that. -50 points.

FOCK YOU KARMA and the nag you rode in on.

Funny; I told the guy in my league who benched Foster last week that 40 points on his bench would be tough to top if at all. It only took 1 week by yours truly to top that. -50 points.

FOCK YOU KARMA and the nag you rode in on.

Holy crap this kid is impressive. I started him; benching Ronnie (started Ryan Mathews as well - but he has 2 fumbles already: argh).

Best is going to help Calvin Johnson's stats also - who I also have, and was really worried about. Not as worried anymore.

:overhead:

wow.

on my bench (started A Bradshaw)... if Bradshaw produces, Frank Gore may become expendable.

OK, I've been on the fence about Best until now. He had twice as many points as anyone else on my roster yesterday. The guy is single handedly saving me right now.

OK, I've been on the fence about Best until now. He had twice as many points as anyone else on my roster yesterday. The guy is single handedly saving me right now.

Well, he is certainly giving me some #s.....I actually had him started along with Peyton, McCoy, Andre Johnson and Donald Driver....:overhead:

I started him and reaped the rewards, but let's not lose focus on the fact that he still hasn't broken 100 yards rushing. In two games combined. At some point the Lions are going to have to try to control the tempo of the game by pounding the ball. I'd like to see Best go 100+ between the tackles before being convinced he's the next Barry.

I started him and reaped the rewards, but let's not lose focus on the fact that he still hasn't broken 100 yards rushing. In two games combined. At some point the Lions are going to have to try to control the tempo of the game by pounding the ball. I'd like to see Best go 100+ between the tackles before being convinced he's the next Barry.

Why would they have to try to pound the ball? This is the NFl in 2010.

Why would they have to try to pound the ball? This is the NFl in 2010.

Clock management? Keep the other team's offense off the field? Wacky stuff like that?