Sign in to follow this  
tecklc2112

Vikings "very close" to acquiring Randy Moss?

Per Rotoworld...

Randy Moss-WR-Patriots Oct. 5 - 7:56 pm et

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Vikings are "very close" to acquiring Randy Moss from the Patriots.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

wow..does this hurt his value or help?? I can see this move hurting Welkers value big time...Defenders will key on him every week..i just traded welker yest too :overhead: :headbanger:

I just picked up Brandon Tate in the event this happens.

This came out of left field.

But atleast moss gets to finish his career at vikes.

FOXSports's Jay Glazer reports the Minnesota Vikings and New England Patriots have been in serious trade talks and are very close to a deal that would send All-Pro WR Randy Moss back to the team that drafted him. However, Patriots sources say the deal is contigent upon Moss working out a contract with the Vikings. All sides are still trying to hammer out the contract Tuesday.

Devil's advocate checking in. If the Pats were looking to dump Moss, wouldn't they have used garbage time on Monday to boost his value rather than hanging him out to dry?

Devil's advocate checking in. If the Pats were looking to dump Moss, wouldn't they have used garbage time on Monday to boost his value rather than hanging him out to dry?

This is Randy Moss we're talking about. I think his value is pretty well boosted.

Do you really have to boost Moss's value in garbage time? :dunno:

FOXSports's Jay Glazer reports the Minnesota Vikings and New England Patriots have been in serious trade talks and are very close to a deal that would send All-Pro WR Randy Moss back to the team that drafted him. However, Patriots sources say the deal is contigent upon Moss working out a contract with the Vikings. All sides are still trying to hammer out the contract Tuesday.

Wow!

During garbage time, they ran the ball. Why would they be throwing it to showcase Moss?

I would be willing to bet that Randy was so upset after the game that he told Belichick to trade him and so Belichick is helping him pack his bags.

A) They never had the ball in garbage time because their DST kept scoring.

B) It's a pretty cut and dry situation- the man can still play but has been subpar because he feels unwanted. Minnesota desperately needs a player of his caliber. So flip NE a 3rd rounder, sign an extension, and it's a good deal.

A guy with Moss's career resume doesn't need f'n garbage time to boost his trade value.

To avoid injury?

Ok everyone..give me your opinion on what happens to Moss's value and Welkers value IF this trade goes down....

Moss' value is probably less than it was during the beginning of the season. Favre has not looked great this season.

Welker probably goes up in value a little, but that is more of a function of him getting further removed from the injury. I still think that Brandon Tate would be able to stretch the field and the TE's are enough to draw defenses and open up the underneath stuff. Not having Moss would definitely allow defenses to key more on Welker, but I still his value going up from what it was 4 weeks ago.

Tate goes up big.

Moss goes up a bit for being the CLEAR go-to guy, Welker goes down a bunch...will be facing opposition #1 DB.

Ok everyone..give me your opinion on what happens to Moss's value and Welkers value IF this trade goes down....

I think it helps Moss... Favre has been enamored with Moss for sometime now... he pushed GB to trade for him and was pretty upset when they couldnt work it out. Favre will lock onto Moss and the Minny Running game will keep DEF honest. Hurts Welker but Tate could be in for some serious work along side edelman when he's back from injury.

YESSSS!!! Then the Pats trade for Vincent Jackson and they have their deep stud for many more years. Im so glad I am holding onto VJax. overhead:

With all this talk about the changing value of Welker/Tate, let's not forget about Aaron Hernandez...I'd say his value gets a nice boost if this deal goes through...

Peterson's value would go up the most. They must not be expecting S. Rice any time soon at all.

Moss's value goes through the roof. A lot higher than Sydney Rice's value was before his hip injury.

Not sure it will effect Welker much. Maybe his value goes down for a week or two until Tate and Hernandez teach other teams they can't focus that much on Welker. I think Hernandez's value also just went through the roof.

YESSSS!!! Then the Pats trade for Vincent Jackson and they have their deep stud for many more years. Im so glad I am holding onto VJax. overhead:

Do you really see New England giving San Diego their asking price in draft picks and giving VJax his multi-million $ deal? I don't see it...

Do you really see New England giving San Diego their asking price in draft picks and giving VJax his multi-million $ deal? I don't see it...

Probably not!!! But if they get a third rounder for Moss then all they are giving up is a WR in his 30s and a 2nd round pick... hmmmmm makes ya wonder...

Moss's value goes through the roof. A lot higher than Sydney Rice's value was before his hip injury.

My thought exactly. :thumbsup: On the other end of this, I'm going to pick up Tate because this guy must have Brady's and Billicheck's confidence to trade Moss away.

UPDATE:

Pats say "there is no trade"

Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2010 8:53 PM ET

Rumor quickly became reality on Tuesday night, with FOX's Jay Glazer reporting that the Patriots are close to shipping receiver Randy Moss back to the Vikings.

Now, the Minnesota and Boston media are pursuing the story like Homer chasing a chocolate-filled Uter with a wet towel.

Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald reports that the Patriots are saying "there is no trade." In this regard, conjugation could be critical. They're not saying "there will be no trade." They're only saying "there is no trade." And Glazer hasn't reported that there "is" a trade.

Rapoport also reports that he's told a trade is not "done," but he confirms that a trade is being discussed.

Albert Breer, formerly of the Boston Globe and now with NFL Network (congrats, by the way, Mr. Breer) reports that "no one is shooting this down, when given the chance to" and "omething's happening."

So stay tuned. We'll be on this thing all night if need be.

After all, that kid has bosoms.

Wow! Vikings are being very aggressive. Good for them. They should have never let Randy Moss go. I could see Moss playing at a very high level this year and a few more years to come. Vikings need to get this done tonight and get Randy Moss into practice tomorrow.

I have Moss on 4 teams i dont know if this means sell or keep :unsure:

A motivated Moss may be a very good thing

I have Moss on 4 teams i dont know if this means sell or keep :unsure:

A motivated Moss may be a very good thing

How could it possibly mean sell?

Wow... I literally just traded Moss for Miles Austin. Sent the trade and figured I had no shot but now that this is in the works I dunno how I should feel.

I agree with the poster's saying Hernandez's value spikes from this. He is more of a WR than a TE and Brady likes to look his way. I personally believe Welker's value goes down and more than a little bit. Welker runs amazing routes has good hands and is tough but he was not a stud in Miami. He does not have WR1 talent no matter what people tell themselves. He is great because Moss takes all the attention. Welker will get the attention if Moss is dealt and he is not the kind of reciever that will be elite when the focus is on him.

I just don't get this from the Pats standpoint. Moss opens up the entire offense for them. There game is predicated on finding mismatches that won't always be there with Moss gone. This offense is going to struggle if he is dealt. I've got to believe Moss went crazy demanding after not catching a ball on Monday night. Otherwise there is no logical reason for the Pats to deal him.

What's the chance that Stallworth could wind up a Pat again with Housh having joined the Ravens? He should be coming off PUP about week 6 so...

I just don't get this from the Pats standpoint. Moss opens up the entire offense for them. There game is predicated on finding mismatches that won't always be there with Moss gone. This offense is going to struggle if he is dealt. I've got to believe Moss went crazy demanding after not catching a ball on Monday night. Otherwise there is no logical reason for the Pats to deal him.

You must be new.

Moss is in the final year of his contract, he is not coming back, Brady is better throwing it to everyone, not having to force it deep to Moss 5 times a game. Same team that traded Seymour his final year for a #1 draft pick (2011 -raiders)

Better yet, Minnesota just had their bye week and NE is on theirs now. Would be a tough call but if deal got done by the morning I bet he plays....and plays well

oops forgot they are playing the Jets..

Brady is better throwing it to everyone, not having to force it deep to Moss 5 times a game.

Yep...like in 2007....you know, the last time they won a playoff game.

:rolleyes:

How could it possibly mean sell?

Thats just the mad Patriots fan in me talking :doh: I like the idea of a newly motivated Moss cause we all know what happens when he pouts and crys. Not good for anyone